Home
Posted By: EdM So Who Here Can Stomach This? - 08/29/14
uh, ya, thats horrible. actually is there a word that means worse than horrible? if you put me in hell, music like that will be playing 24x7.
The tune is pleasing to the ear, but I've never been able to decipher her words.
Not my cup of tea but its 1 million times better than what nashville is pumping out. Chocolate covered dog$hit.
Anybody that does not like the sound of that song, should avoid my memorial service like the plague....
I don't care for that version, but that is a great song.

Sarah could sing the ingredients label from a can of soup and make it sound good.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Sarah could sing the ingredients label from a can of soup and make it sound good.

Amen....
Well I like it...and can understand her words just fine...

I enjoy Sarah Maclackhlan quite a bit...a fine Canadian Gal..
Much more representative of her music and my favorite by her.

stxhunter has pulled photos of Mclachlan off the 'net. According to him, he's dating her.
Originally Posted by Seafire

Without a doubt smile

Not my cup of tea but it's alright. I've heard worse like rap.
music for the perpetually depressed. thats right up there with Billy Don't be a hero, horse with no name, Sunny, and the rest of that depressing drivel. and i'll bet she's a real picnic to be around. ooof ahhhh
My favorite of all by Sarah....

Just saw her live. Great concert.
I like that one too Miss Lynn, but she does commercials here in the states for the Humane Society. Looooooong drawn out depressing as hell commercials that make you want to slash your wrists and jump off a cliff before they are over�..
I like Sara Mac.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I like that one too Miss Lynn, but she does commercials here in the states for the Humane Society. Looooooong drawn out depressing as hell commercials that make you want to slash your wrists and jump off a cliff before they are over�..

I know what you mean, I turn those suckers off as soon as they come on, and I groan and mumble about them, and feel bad, but not in the way they want me to.

The Humane Society is not a favorite charity of mine I am sorry to say, and the commercials do not help it. I give to my local shelters, and I give to the Guide Dogs for the Blind, none of which play "tear your heart out and die while listening to it" commercials. Hate those things, no matter who the charity.
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well I like it...and can understand her words just fine...

I'll second that! I had one of her CD's plugged in on my drive home from deep south Texas the other day. Her music isn't all sad and depressing. That song was written in a dark part of her life. She is an amazing musician with a vocal range that most folks would kill for.

Ed
I only listen to music Mickey and Mannlicher suggest. wink
Originally Posted by Steve
I only listen to music Mickey and Mannlicher suggest. wink
because all other music is: " just a bunch of long-haired dopers screamin', jumpin around on a stage makin fools of themselves"

laugh
She's alot better looking with long hair, and I enjoy her singing
Originally Posted by gitem_12
She's alot better looking with long hair, and I enjoy her singing

Ditto on the long hair. She went from looking like a ginger-haired model to wearing a frumpy housewife haircut.
Posted By: GeoW Re: So Who Here Can Stomach This? - 08/29/14
"It's got a good beat and you can dance to it." wink
Originally Posted by rem141r
music for the perpetually depressed. thats right up there with Billy Don't be a hero, horse with no name, Sunny, and the rest of that depressing drivel. and i'll bet she's a real picnic to be around. ooof ahhhh

Spot on. Give me some Bob Seger or Lynerd Skynerd or high energy Southern Gospel Quartet or Christian Heavy metal or classic country or.... LOTS of stuff before this soft, vanilla, depressing stuff.

Music that is at its best when played at bleeding eardrums volume. YEAH baby, that's IT.
Originally Posted by safariman

Spot on. Give me some Bob Seger or Lynerd Skynerd or high energy Southern Gospel Quartet or Christian Heavy metal or classic country or.... LOTS of stuff before this soft, vanilla, depressing stuff.

Music that is at its best when played at bleeding eardrums volume. YEAH baby, that's IT.

Mickey and Mannlicher would NOT approve. Just sayin'.
OK, I came to this one late and did not watch the first music vid. I actually DO like that particular song.

On the topic of funeral's my family knows that mine is to be a celebration, an evangelical outreach, a revival service, have some laughter and lots of LOUD music from the great Gospel Quartets and Christian Rock artists that I so love now. But with words or lyrics in each song that challenge the attendee's to a new and or revitalized walk with the Lord.
Posted By: efw Re: So Who Here Can Stomach This? - 08/29/14
Tough to endure for sure; I've always found this to be even less palatable:

She's no SnoopDog.
But then again, who is?
Praise the Lord!
Yeah, I don't get Sarah Mac.
Originally Posted by wageslave
She's no SnoopDog.
But then again, who is?

I don't understand why she hasn't covered Gin & Juice...
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by ingwe

I know what you mean, I turn those suckers off as soon as they come on, and I groan and mumble about them, and feel bad, but not in the way they want me to.

The Humane Society is not a favorite charity of mine I am sorry to say, and the commercials do not help it. I give to my local shelters, and I give to the Guide Dogs for the Blind, none of which play "tear your heart out and die while listening to it" commercials. Hate those things, no matter who the charity.

Those commercials will get me every time. Years ago, one of them caught me off guard. It had me sobbing after seeing just 2 photos. I believe this commercial was ASPCA. I told them I wanted to donate to help out their efforts as long as they didn't send me any material with pictures like that....and there was a very sad song playing cry
Carlos is the one that bugs in that video.
I like Sarah Mclachlan. Unique voice -- great control and is able to use her break stylistically. I another generation, she would have been a great yodeler. I also like Allison Krauss. Pure voice. Perfect for her genre.

You big bunch of girls.

I only listen to spaghetti western soundtracks, and that's when I am reloading cartridges. Otherwise I enjoy the silence like a man.
You have to be careful...

Which one would vote against your right to carry a weapon? I thought that was all that you all cared about. Now we just like pretty music?

If that's the case then I like Alison and JEWEL!!!!
Posted By: efw Re: So Who Here Can Stomach This? - 08/30/14
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by wageslave
She's no SnoopDog.
But then again, who is?

I don't understand why she hasn't covered Gin & Juice...

That would be... Interesting...
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Not my cup of tea but its 1 million times better than what nashville is pumping out. Chocolate covered dog$hit.

Nashville pumping out chocolate covered dog$hit.

That was funny, I don't care who you are.

Horribly true, but funny.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Anybody that does not like the sound of that song, should avoid my memorial service like the plague....

I'd have them play that very one at mine.

I really enjoyed it. But, I like Celtic music too. wink
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by seal_billy

Nashville pumping out chocolate covered dog$hit.

That was funny, I don't care who you are.

Horribly true, but funny.

Well its false advertising! In fact it has made me appreciate true country music when my whole life I loathed it. You got the cowboy hats the blue jeans acoustic guitars and all that jazz (chocolate) then you bite into it (hear) and OMG,,, ITS DOG$HIT!!! That new country isn't country and it isn't good. Its just a way to capitalize on the redneck inbreed lifestyle. Makes me wish Alabama and Don Williams was still on the radio, and I never like that but I had rather listen to them all day than to hear one verse of this decay and rot that is left of a dead musical style. ROCKIN THE BEER GUT? WTF. hate it. May they all die from diarrhea. rant over.
The song in the first video is written about a musician friend of hers that died while on tour.
Here's my "favorite" lady-singer...the lovely Celine Dion, in a breathtaking performance, singing the theme song from "Titantic"... "My Heart Will Go On".!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KBQLgeKRbg

Take Santana out of the video and it would be fine. He sucks as guitar player.
© 24hourcampfire