Home
The page on my tablet????

Irritating!
same here!
+1 on why is half the screen taken up with forum stats and boring stuff?
Kinda sucks
You need some CHEESE
Originally Posted by Tommix
+1 on why is half the screen taken up with forum stats and boring stuff?

To pizz you off, newby.

GFY
Mine too. And I'm no newby.
Yeah this sucks.
I want the tried and true 'fire back
Something's broke, like a piece of chitt. Come on Rick, please fix it. wink
Glad to see it's not just me.
Originally Posted by eyeball

Can you install Firefox and Adblock plus on your tablet?
Chrome w/ABP on my tablet and it is still there.

Edited to clarify: not seeing the actual ads but the space reserved for the ads is taking up the right 2/3 of the page.
I ditched Chrome and Iron for just that reason. The adblock did not work as well as it does on Firefox. With Firefox I have no problems.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by eyeball

Can you install Firefox and Adblock plus on your tablet?

This will fix the tablets. Firefox Beta, and Adblock Plus.....Oh and Dolphin Browser works too.
Lets just all go back to smoke signals, Life would be so much easier.
It's probably only doing it for those of us too stupid/old/stubborn/technologically inept to be allowed near a computer anyway. As an adjunct, it cannot possibly be anything wrong with the site.
Mine was that way all last night, but is fine this morning
Same here
Rick needs to get off his ass.

Travis
FYI, Installed Firefox and ad blocker on my laptop last night seemed to work fine.

This morning tried installing it on my main computer and it downloaded a bunch of garbage, told me I have multiple viruses and send them money and they will fix it for me? mad

Now I cannot exit program and had to power down that computer.
Now I need to find a twelve year old to fix it! crazy

Before everyone piles on and tells me how stupid I am, when it comes to computers, yes I am!

So for everyone who tells us how stupid we are for not converting to Firefox, well I am not even sure what to say?
I do call B.S. though
Guess I was wrong again. Only took minutes.
Run your anti-virus's scan feature. If you can download it, maybe run Internet Explorer if Firefox won't, run Malwarebytes which is very good at finding malware. Sometimes one will catch something the other misses.

Download Firefox ONLY from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
Download Adblock Plus ONLY from https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox or https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/ (Or through Tools/Add-ons in the Firefox top menu.) There are other honest sites but no question about these.

Uninstall Firefox completely then reinstall, should reset options to the default. Not sure installing over an existing version will do enough of that to fix things. Thinking not.

Bad guys will emulate the official page and if you download from there they add all kinds of crap to the download. Guessing that's what happened to you. I got caught once and I'm supposed to know this stuff.

If your anti-virus scan and Malwarebytes doesn't fix things get on Internet Explorer (which I keep installed as a backup for Firefox) or your laptop, Google enough clues to narrow it down and you'll find sites that will tell you how to fix the problem. Don't pay for anything, the solutions are free but some will try to talk you in to buying their product.

BTW, you can crash a program using Windows Task Manager which is where a single CTRL-ALT-Delete takes you on this machine. Terminate firefox.exe, you can crash your machine terminating some processes but a re-boot will bring it back ok.
© 24hourcampfire