Home
Posted By: pigster Trouble with Adblocker plus - 09/04/14
I am a Chrome user with ABP which worked fine until this morning.
My computer did not start, after cutting the power off Windows reconfigured itself to a former setting. I still have the ABP icon on the toolbar but it does not block any adds. What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: JAC43 Re: Trouble with Adblocker plus - 09/04/14
You have to configure the application to make it work for you. It uses lists to filter ads so it's up to you to figure out which ones work the best or create your own. Also "unobtrusive" ads are allowed by default which was the programmers cop out. Just uncheck the box.
When I click on the icon the drop down list comes up including the check box. It does not react when I try to uncheck it?
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Trouble with Adblocker plus - 09/04/14
When I got the abp program it was free for 30 days.
Go try to download it again or I guess pay if they still charge.
I have uninstalled/removed it and then reinstalled it again(free), works like a charm.
I was just going to suggest trying that. Sometimes something totally unexpected happens and corrupts a file or more likely changes a setting and a program stops working right. One of the easiest things to try is to completely uninstall and reinstall. That gives you up to date and correct program files.

Probably more importantly you're back to the app's default settings which is usually what you want. If you, say, update rather than completely un/re-install most apps won't reset the settings to default.
Makes sense, I was about to give up on this site. ABP blocks between 14 to 16 adds at any given times. Without it the site is practically unusable, at least on my computer. Hope advertiser don't come with an anti ad blocker software....soon.
© 24hourcampfire