Home
But it sure lit my cocker up

[Linked Image]
laugh
when i give my beagle a bath with that stuff he runs around the house like he's on fire. must be pretty potent.
not potent enough.

Fleas are bad this year, and the poor bitch is suffering something fierce.

No wonder she sleeps all day. Spends all night scratching and biting.
Dawn soap will get them off then my wife buys something from the vet that has flea prevention and heartworm in a pill. Works good.
Yeah, we've been using the Advantix or whatever the nuclear equivalent is.

I think our fleas have become immune.

But I haven't seen a tick on her at all. Which is more than I can say for me.
We switch up the flea meds every year. Seems the little bastids become immune to one after a while.
Typically "Pyrethrins." Great insecticide and relatively safe around mammals.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
We switch up the flea meds every year. Seems the little bastids become immune to one after a while.

Yep.
You're not supposed to be putting it on your cocker
Originally Posted by Snyper
You're not supposed to be putting it on your cocker

LOL
Laugh all you want, but if your cocker has fleas, you best do something about it.
Get a bottle of Bayer tree & shrub for grub worms.
The ingrediant IMIACLOPRID is the same ingrediant that Bayer puts in its pet products for fleas. Its just not as concentrated.
I've been using it for several years on our dogs. I put 12cc on our big dogs and go down from there depending on size of the dog. Our rat terrier gets 4cc. I put it on just like you would the expensive stuff Bayer sells.
It won't touch ticks, but it works on fleas. Once every month.

It works and its a LOT cheaper than the other stuff.
the big question is what will kill them in the yard?

I think that is the crux of the issue.
FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MIX ANYTHING TOGETHER,IT CAN KILL OR MARE THEM.You can be doing more harm than good.ASK YOUR VET,THEY SELL SOLUTIONS JUST FOR TREATING YOUR DOGS.
No worries.

No lab testing on the critter.

The yard may get napalm though.
Originally Posted by RWE
the big question is what will kill them in the yard?

I think that is the crux of the issue.

GO to Lowes and get this and spray your yard and around the foundation of your house.

[Linked Image]

Wash your Cocker in Adams Flea and Tick shampoo. ( Good for crabs too. )

End of fleas.
diamataceous (sp?) earth.

Pool filter material. Sprinkle like flour all over yard. Has done well the years we've had em like you have em. Harmless to anything else. Used to put it in trailers full of corn to keep the bugs out too.

Jeff
© 24hourcampfire