Home
Posted By: EvilTwin Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
My Brother-in-Law and I were up in the 'Dacks on an early bear season hunt. Yesterday morning he got a "911" text from my wife. NO cell service where we were,just the text header. When we got to where we had reception, my wife told us that when she went to her Dad's house to give him his eye drops and make his lunch,she found him on the floor in a coma. In I.C.U. on repsirator,unresponsive. Had a massive stroke He would be 93 on 9/27. My wife and BIL made the decision to disconnect him. John Tripoli. WWII US Navy SeaBees Pacific Theater. Very soon he will be Legend. Please spare a moment to pray for his Peaceful passing. John I love you and respect you for all that you are and I will miss you. Salute. frown
Jim, may the good lord's love and peace be with your father in law, and prayers to you and your family. God speed
Posted By: chris_c Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Prayers sent
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Rest in the peace and the company of the Lord John.
Sorry to hear this pard prayers from your Nebraska family.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
hero, indeed and a very good son in law. Rest in peace and bathe in the eternal brightness of our Lord's love.
frown Thanks Woody. When we go to the hospital today, the Doctor will be informed of the decision by his Daughter and Son. For a brief time he is still with us. The awful experince of having to make an irreversible decision even when it is the right one. Glad it is not mine to make.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Very sorry to hear this Jim. Prayers are on the way to all.

Bob
Sorry to hear.Praying for your family...
Go peacefully and with grace, John Tripoli.

Prayers for the family.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Prayers for your family and your FIL. For sure, the Greatest Generation.
Prayers sent from N.C. for an American hero and his family.
Thank you for your service John Tripoli, and may God Bless all who serve, and their families.
All of you have my prayers for your peace of mind through all this. It's determined that man shall not live forever on this earth. I know you'll miss John but relish the memories you have. Bless you all.
Sorry to hear this Jim
My deepest condolences Jim. Good luck and Godspeed to the old mariner as he makes his final voyage.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
I'm with you, Brother....
Posted By: tomk Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
will do

sorry to hear it--my Dad served in the Pacific as well--miss him
Posted By: EZEARL Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Prayer coming in from WV for all.
Sorry for your loss, may he RIP.
Prayer sent.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Prayer. Salute!

George

So sorry to hear this. God speed, John Tripoli.
Wrap me up in me oilskins and jumper,
no more on the docks I'll be seen.
Tell me old shipmates I'm taking a trip, Mate,
....and I'll see you someday in Fiddler's Green.

Smooth Seas,and Safe Harbor, John.

Greg
Posted By: Scott F Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Done.

Fair winds and following seas sailor.
We're losing too many, too fast. May he rest in peace. And peace be with his family , as well.
Done!
Posted By: tzone Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Prayers for the hero and his family from MN
God bless him and his memory to us all. Amen.
God bless and hold him close. Lost my hero last year about this time. My father was 2 months short of 95. A D-Day vet, WWII, and Korean War vet. They'll never be another generation like them. They make us proud!
Posted By: Ron_T Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
WOW... ET, that's a "ROUGH" one... for everyone concerned. This world is a lesser place for his passing.

Prayers and good thoughts to all of you...!

Semper Fi...

Ron T.
Thank you for your service John Tripoli, go in peace and be with the Lord.

Sorry to hear about your father inlaw Jim, give your wife an extra hug from all of us.
Sorry to hear this news Jim.

Prayers on the way for everyone.
Prayers sent for all.
Jim,

May your father-in-law rest in peace. My prayers go up for you, your wife, and the rest of the family and friends.

Ed
I went in to see him this afternoon. It is a heart ripper as anyone who has ever seen someone in that state knows. My Wife and Brother-in-Law agreed. The respirator comes out tomorrow morning. A beuatiful little Nurse who has his room duty was so gentle and loving in her touch as she did her duties that I had to praise her to her face. If there is a place left in that old Man that feels,he knows a gentle loving touch to be sure. We should all be so fortunate when our time comes. Thank you all.
Rest in Peace, John Tripoli.

God Bless your wife, and her brother, for having the guts to disconnect him and end his suffering. It is an act of courage, and love.
Condolences tendered. No easy way to get through this, hang tough.

Dan
Posted By: Huntr Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Praying here....
Posted By: Strick9 Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Rest in peace Great Warrior John..
Posted By: T LEE Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Prayers for a swift and peaceful journey to the Lords table. Stand down sailor, you have completed your duty. WELL DONE.

Rest in God's love, hero.
Prayers sent for you ET, and all family and friends.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
My Brother-in-Law and I were up in the 'Dacks on an early bear season hunt. Yesterday morning he got a "911" text from my wife. NO cell service where we were,just the text header. When we got to where we had reception, my wife told us that when she went to her Dad's house to give him his eye drops and make his lunch,she found him on the floor in a coma. In I.C.U. on repsirator,unresponsive. Had a massive stroke He would be 93 on 9/27. My wife and BIL made the decision to disconnect him. John Tripoli. WWII US Navy SeaBees Pacific Theater. Very soon he will be Legend. Please spare a moment to pray for his Peaceful passing. John I love you and respect you for all that you are and I will miss you. Salute. frown

When my time comes, I hope I am remembered as fondly.
So sorry to hear about your father in law, Jim. May God bless and keep him and wrap His arms around your family while you all grieve his loss.

RIP JT, Salute! prayers sent.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/22/14
My deepest condolences Jim.
This saddens me, My wife lost her grandpa to a massive stroke we went through the same thing, i feel for you guys. I hope and pray peace and comfort from the father to all that loved him and a easy transition for the Hero.

So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/23/14
A Salute of Respect and Thankfulness for the contributions of this gentleman to his nation and the freedom preserved for his fellow countrymen......

There has to be a special place in heaven for these veterans...

Where they find the brotherhood they knew and the peace they fought to preserve....
Done Jim.
Those men saved the world.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/23/14
Praying for your father-in-law and the family.
Prayers for you and your family
God Speed Sir!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/23/14
Prayers here.
My prayers for all involved & for an easy passing.

Salute.

MM
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Done Jim.
Those men saved the world.

+1,000
God Bless and prayer sent, take care Jim.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/23/14
You have my prayers, for what they're worth.

Give the Saint you call wife a hug from me and tell the boys you all are in my thoughts.

RIP to another of the Greatest. He'll find solace with his Brothers.

George
just noticed this, prayers sent for a peaceful passing

life pretty well lived I'd say when your son in law shows such respect and affection for you

all our best to you and yours Jim
RIP John Tripoli

Fair winds and following seas.
Jim, my condolences to your entire family at this time.....
One by one, they're disappearing, Jim. May your FIL rest in peace.
John's respirator and other life support was disconnected yesterday at 1300 hours Eastern. He is STILL hanging on. He is one of those old time TOUGH guinneys that didn't konw how to quit. It is tearing up my Wife and my Brother-in-Law,not to mention myself and my sons. There is no coming back from this,he just won't quit. cry We told him it is OK to go. We atre at Peace with that. My Wife and BIL are camped out in the hospital room with him. I go up when I get things in some sort of order around here. Thanks for all your Prayers folks. I just want him to go to his rest in Peace. He knows he is loved.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/24/14
Stay the course, Brother. All here, are thinking about you and your family.
Stay strong and keep the faith Jim.

More prayers on the way for you all.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Stay the course, Brother. All here, are thinking about you and your family.

Well said, and confirmed from here.
Prayers sent.
Salute to a sailor - and prayers sent.
May your wife and you be comforted.
Update. John has been off life support since Tuesday. On IV morphine drip. Kidneys have failed and he still won't quit. Tomorrow is his 92nd birthday and I actually believe that his Daughter(my wife) and his Son being there full time with him is giving him strength beyond words. John doesn't want to abandon his loved ones. I also believe he will go on his birthday. If it wasn't so hard on my Wife and BIL, I would have the utmost admiration. As it is,I am just totally stunned. Thanks again for the thoughts and Prayers folks.
Still praying for ya'll, Jim.
Posted By: SKane Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/26/14
Sounds like John is a tough son-of-a-gun.
Best to your family.
Not wanting to sound unsympathetic because I am. If they want him to pass peacefully they may have to let him alone. A friend's husband(great guy, blended family, truly lived as "blood") was losing his nine year fight with cancer a few months back. The family was "keeping a vigil" and he kept holding on. Finally the hospice nurse convinced them to leave the room and he passed within a few hours. Prayers for peace for your family.
Doug
I know that Sauer200. Difficult to get 2 folks that love him so much to leave him for a bit. I fully understand their desire
to be there to see him through. Never easy and it isn't supposed to be with people you love. Thank you.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/26/14
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Not wanting to sound unsympathetic because I am. If they want him to pass peacefully they may have to let him alone. A friend's husband(great guy, blended family, truly lived as "blood") was losing his nine year fight with cancer a few months back. The family was "keeping a vigil" and he kept holding on. Finally the hospice nurse convinced them to leave the room and he passed within a few hours. Prayers for peace for your family.
Doug

Yeah, they will up the morphine at that time.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/26/14
Your family has my continued prayers. He is showing just how powerful a will to live can be. May God bless him and take him peacefully.

Bob
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Doug

Yeah, they will up the morphine at that time.

Funny you said that. My 90 year old grand pap had lung cancer that had gotten to the bone(hadn't smoked in 60 years). He went for six months with no morphine. He started falling and arrangements were being made to put him in rehab for a few days. At the same time the nurse gave him a dose and he died in his sleep that evening.
Coincidence?
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/26/14
I sure didn't want to derail Jims thread.
I feel for him and his family big time.
We need to start our own thread.
You and the rest of your family have my deepest condolences, and are in my thoughts and prayers. Mr. Tripoli, words cannot express how grateful I am for your service and sacrifice.
cryPeace at last. 8:25 PM EST John Tripoli, USN Pacific and my Father-in-Law stood down and went to his rest. I had been there shortly before and gave him a kiss on his forehead and a Military Salute before I eft at 8 PM. My Wife called me right after the Doc declared John as passed. Hoist a drink and Salute an old Hero and wish him Rest in the shelter of the Angels wings. cry
Posted By: LBP Re: Another Hero is leaving us - 09/27/14
I just saw this Jim, I'm very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
You're a good man, Jim.

condolences, and infinite respect for you all, in this time of transition and loss.

Greg
I'll hoist a drink in his honor this evening.
A member of the Greatest Generation prayers for him and you.
RIP Mr. Tripoli, and more prayer sent to you and your family Big Jim, God Bless.
My condolences to you and your family.
© 24hourcampfire