Home
Posted By: Sharpsman Two cops.... - 10/02/14
fall through floor of tree stand! If they're like the those around these parts....they could probably run a 40 in five minutes!! And I'm wondering why it took two of 'em to check it out???

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/0...-pennsylvania-manhunt/?intcmp=latestnews

BLOOMING GROVE, Pa. � State police say two troopers injured in a fall from a tree stand while searching for the fugitive suspected of ambushing a northeastern Pennsylvania barracks were treated and released after they were flown to a hospital.

Police say the troopers from the Harrisburg barracks entered the wooden hunting blind attached to a tree about 20 feet off the ground to make sure the structure was unoccupied.

Trooper Thomas Kelly says the floor collapsed and both men fell to the ground. They were treated and then flown to Lehigh Valley Medical Center, where they were treated and released.

Hundreds of law enforcement officers have been searching since Sept. 12 for 31-year-old Eric Frein following the shooting that killed one trooper and injured another outside the Blooming Grove barracks.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Two cops.... - 10/02/14
They are awfully heavy or that's one flimsy tree stand.
Posted By: Rovering Re: Two cops.... - 10/02/14
[Linked Image]Somebody should have warned us that the Keystone Cops were actually the best possible case example.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Two cops.... - 10/02/14
Originally Posted by derby_dude

It was a "permanant " wooden stand. And folks around here build them out of whatever scrap lumber they have laying around. I've seen "treestands". That were nothing more than a single 2X10 nailed to a branch
Posted By: poboy Re: Two cops.... - 10/02/14
I am sorry 2 guys got hurt searching for the killer.
I hope they find him soon. He probably offed himself
by now. Unless he is down here in Tx. like everybody
else.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Two cops.... - 10/03/14
i read that they have 1000 cops in those woods now. imagine that. 1000 cops. and they saw this guy at 75 yards the other day and couldn't catch him.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Two cops.... - 10/03/14
20' out of a rotten blind can be pretty bad.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Two cops.... - 10/03/14
Originally Posted by rem141r
i read that they have 1000 cops in those woods now. imagine that. 1000 cops. and they saw this guy at 75 yards the other day and couldn't catch him.

My thoughts are this guys has been planning this a very long time. And tht area is rough.

There mY be. Thousand cops in the area butbthey all aren't in the woods
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Two cops.... - 10/03/14
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by derby_dude

It was a "permanant " wooden stand. And folks around here build them out of whatever scrap lumber they have laying around. I've seen "treestands". That were nothing more than a single 2X10 nailed to a branch

That makes sense.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Two cops.... - 10/03/14
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by rem141r

My thoughts are this guys has been planning this a very long time. And tht area is rough.

There mY be. Thousand cops in the area butbthey all aren't in the woods

What you boys need is an Apache scout. grin

Or Tom Horn.
© 24hourcampfire