Home
I went shopping for a large safe recently and found a Fortress brand safe that looks like it might be right for my needs. Has anybody here heard of them or have experience with them? I'd appreciate any insights you might have to offer. Thanks
Just from Googling, they appear to be the "value" line of Heritage safes. The Heritage site is pretty specific about a lot of their models, but just bounces you out to the Fortress site for that line, and it isn't specific about much at all. One thing to note, if you compare the weights on the Heritage lines to the Fortress, you can see that they aren't the same. The Heritage safes are listed with 1/8" bodies, and a 30 gun safe is 720 lbs. The 30 gun legacy is 385 lbs.

Heritage says that all of their safes are made in USA. Since there is no such disclaimer on the Fortress site, these may be their imported line.

Thank you AUGrad. Appreciate the response.
call Heritage. they'll answer all your questions.

i have a Heritage and i like the solid 3/8" steel plate on the door

ked
research liberty safes
Fortress safes are now made in China. I have an older one made in the USA - lifetime warranty, better fire protection, heavier, etc. I wouldn't buy one of the new ones - would skip straight to the Heritage Centennial line - more equivalent to my older Fortress.

Researched 'em recently (and just happened to be set up at my local Costco this past weekend) as I am looking to go to a larger one myself.
Oh and they are no longer UL listed (mine was).
Thanks Keith, rem141r and TXRam. I appreciate your responses.
Thanks Keith, rem141r and TXRam. I appreciate your responses.
© 24hourcampfire