Home
Hey Dr. Frieden, tell us again how sure you are of the protocol........................

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/ap_ab3cd5a9b32c450aa5a13e1a4a14c60e
Second only to bringing the virus cross borders this is the worst thing that could have happened at this point in time.

Pat.....yup okay to start worrying now!
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Hey Dr. Frieden, tell us again how sure you are of the protocol........................

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The nurses' statement alleged that when Duncan was brought to Texas Health Presbyterian by ambulance with Ebola-like symptoms, he was �left for several hours, not in isolation, in an area� where up to seven other patients were. �Subsequently, a nurse supervisor arrived and demanded that he be moved to an isolation unit, yet faced stiff resistance from other hospital authorities,� they alleged.

Duncan's lab samples were sent through the usual hospital tube system �without being specifically sealed and hand-delivered. The result is that the entire tube system � was potentially contaminated,� they said.

The statement described a hospital with no clear rules on how to handle Ebola patients, despite months of alerts from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta about the possibility of Ebola coming to the United States.

�There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department� if they had questions, but that department didn't have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with �copious amounts� of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while they wore gloves with no wrist tape, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, the statement alleged.

�Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient-care duties,� potentially exposing others, it said.
This sounds about like most of the healthcare I've dealt with.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9255933/Ebola#Post9255933
So far the only ones to have caught it are those that were providing care. No one on the airplane/airport/family etc.

It would seem those that have to really get into the wet stuff (blood, vomit etc) are those that have it
This is now heading towards another Ebama failure in policy. This administration is losing the trust of their own and it couldn't come at a better time with the midterms 20 days away.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So far the only ones to have caught it are those that were providing care. No one on the airplane/airport/family etc.

It would seem those that have to really get into the wet stuff (blood, vomit etc) are those that have it

What's Bob gonna do if one of 'em tries to hire him to handle a slam dunk injury claim?

A total of 76 people at the hospital might have been exposed to Duncan....

And those 76 had contact with how many family members, friends, strangers? frown

yup....I just watched the garbage man picking up and thought to myself what if someone had disposed of the bad stuff but did not know it and it got him.
I think these dumb twits had no idea how to get out of their suits after being in the room. I gather they didn't even hose them down or mist them with bleech or chlorine before removal. Think nerve agent exposure paranoia should be the standard of decon.

Texas Health Presbyterian's risk manager is in hyper drive right now.

There are going to be heads rolling, including the CEO's, over this.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Texas Health Presbyterian's risk manager is in hyper drive right now.

There are going to be heads rolling, including the CEO's, over this.

There is no doubt they have a committee looking into it as we speak.

The board of directors is not going to take the fall.

CEO, COO, head of nursing, the medical director of the ER. Toast.
An e-mail sent out to the Alcon (ophthalmological pharmaceutical company in Ft. Worth) staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse�s boyfriend has also been admitted into the hospital with �Ebola-like symptoms.�

Thank god my wife, a nurse, doesn't work in patient care anymore.

The board of directors is not going to take the fall.

CEO, COO, head of nursing, the medical director of the ER. Toast.

They generally circle the wagons out of concern for future litigation. Why do you think they will throw some folks under the bus on this deal?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering about your reasons.

This is too big, too ugly and way, way too public.

Two nurses and a boyfriend of one of them, infected. Likely, more nurses infected. Contamination in the pharmacy department.

Scared doctors on the medical staff. Scared nurses on the nursing staff. Scared pharmacists on the pharmacy staff.

The board must take remedial action now, and I predict that's how it will roll ... to lessen the board's exposure.
I think the President of the U.S., or members of the senior administration staff should be paying these folks a visit in order to give them H�PE.
I have a class all of next week in Ft Worth... I'm thinking the smart thing is to bring my food from home, and just go to and from the class and not hit any public exposures...
Originally Posted by RWE
I think the President of the U.S., or members of the senior administration staff should be paying these folks a visit in order to give them H�PE.

Obama and the empty lab coats at the CDC should be going to jail. The suffering of the two health care workers who got Ebola from that lying POS African didn't need to happen.
If all we get out of this is a bunch of fired execs, we'll be damned lucky. The information coming out about how badly this was managed is terrifying.

Everyone working at that hospital is [bleep] bricks, and so are their families. That is a lot of people. Ripples spread.
It'd be hard to manage something they never had to manage before. But, the monday morning quarterbacks will do what they do.

Plain and simple: We got [bleep] by some selfish african who came here thinking he'd get better care. Lets put the blame where it belongs. We'll be lucky to have a hospital left that doesn't go bankrupt if this spreads.
Originally Posted by 4ager
If all we get out of this is a bunch of fired execs, we'll be damned lucky. The information coming out about how badly this was managed is terrifying.

Just kind of a snapshot of how so many hospitals got infested with MRSA.
Plain and simple, this is Obama's fault. Oh sure, Ebola might have gotten here eventually some other way, but for these people in Dallas, it is purely Obama's fault as that the simplest screening procedures for people with visas from those countries in Africa would have caught this.

This is [bleep] criminal. The president and his cronies are criminals. It is that simple. I hesitate to think what I might do to some [bleep] politicians were one of these infected individuals a member of my family.

Originally Posted by Calvin
It'd be hard to manage something they never had to manage before. But, the monday morning quarterbacks will do what they do.

Plain and simple: We got [bleep] by some selfish african who came here thinking he'd get better care. Lets put the blame where it belongs. We'll be lucky to have a hospital left that doesn't go bankrupt if this spreads.

The CDC is supposed to manage this schit. That's their directive. If you want to put the onus where it lies, start there. The CDC is supposed to manage outbreaks. They could and should have already quarantined and embargoed everything from West Africa (they have not). They have issued a quarantine order for the troops being sent over but nothing else.

Put the blame where it lies.

Plain and simple.

If the government, via the FAA, TSA, HSA, HHS and especially the CDC didn't think someone was going to cross that imaginary line that says, "Welcome to the USA" carrying the virus, then they are as much to blame as one person that was in fear of his life.

Thankfully, if �bama keeps screwing the healthcare system here, less people will feel compelled to come here for treatment.
Don't know if it is true or not, but hearing that the first nurses boyfriend has been admitted as well, IF the test turns out positive, that would make three since patient zero.
Oh schit...

Someone check to see if Bob lock-picked us to be safe from Ebola.
"... to lessen the board's exposure."

I shoulda thought of that. You pretty smart.

Laughin'...

You'd have to be the most gullible person on earth to not recognize how incredibly inept our federal government is right now.

Travis
Epic bureaucratic failure. If Bush was president, or anyone but the chosen one, there would be a far bigger uproar. Disgusted by it all.
I have no medical background, and no idea about the protocol they set up, but it would seem to me that anyone treating a patient with Ebola should be held under quarantine.

They should be taken on a volunteer only basis and given hazard pay. They don't get to leave a specific assigned area in the hospital until 21 days after they've ended contact with the patient.

Sounds harsh, but why expose more personnel to it than needed and why let the people who are most likely to be infected out to spread it..... Take care of them, pay them extra, set up everything to keep them safe, but don't let them out until they've been clean 21 days....

"the most gullible person on earth"..... .

That title is held by TRH.

The proof is that he actually believes his own B.S.
Yep, this bunch of incompetent Fed's are trying hard to make GW's FEMA department look good!
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I have no medical background, and no idea about the protocol they set up, but it would seem to me that anyone treating a patient with Ebola should be held under quarantine.

They should be taken on a volunteer only basis and given hazard pay. They don't get to leave a specific assigned area in the hospital until 21 days after they've ended contact with the patient.

Sounds harsh, but why expose more personnel to it than needed and why let the people who are most likely to be infected out to spread it..... Take care of them, pay them extra, set up everything to keep them safe, but don't let them out until they've been clean 21 days....

Just how certain should we be that 21 days is the magic number?

News reports that I have seen stated that the "selfish african" helped a pregnant stranger that was in distress in the street shortly before he left to come here. In addition, the pregnant stranger he helped wasn't diagnosed with ebola until after he was already in the US. Yep, that was damn selfish.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Don't know...good point...for safety round it up to 42 days!!! sick
Originally Posted by deflave

Laughin'...

You'd have to be the most gullible person on earth to not recognize how incredibly inept our federal government is right now.

Travis

I was talking about the hospital.. of course you knew that..
My bad.

grin

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Laughin'...

Travis
One of the many millions.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Don't know...good point...for safety round it up to 42 days!!! sick

Yeah.

The reality is, if I end up with a case where I work, I will, due to the nature of my job, likely be involved with the care. I will NOT go home and expose my wife and daughter. I will stay at the hospital. Period.

It's all a joke until you actually have to do the logistics with your wife about how that will work, how her work will react, child care, etc.....

The way it looks, I'll be quite happy if I get to deer hunt this year considering the size of the Liberian population in Minneapolis.

Originally Posted by NeBassman

News reports that I have seen stated that the "selfish african" helped a pregnant stranger that was in distress in the street shortly before he left to come here. In addition, the pregnant stranger he helped wasn't diagnosed with ebola until after he was already in the US. Yep, that was damn selfish.

I didn't read the same article as you NBan, seems I read he helped a lady to the ebloa hospital
they refused her cause there was no room, the helpers took her back to her home and she died 2 hours later. Seems like he would know.
He knew and did not care who might die,may he feel the flames of hell.
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by NeBassman

I didn't read the same article as you NBan, seems I read he helped a lady to the ebloa hospital
they refused her cause there was no room, the helpers took her back to her home and she died 2 hours later. Seems like he would know.
2nd health care worker with Ebola flew from Cleveland to Dallas on Frontier Airlines the day before presenting symptoms (10/13), according to CDC...
if they contracted in dallas, it also begs the question, how did they get to cleveland
Im sure she was convinced it couldnt happen to her.

Private contractors who clean those airliners - including the restrooms - are thrilled.
Originally Posted by RWE
if they contracted in dallas, it also begs the question, how did they get to cleveland

Incubation period allows enough time for a nurse to fly from Dallas to Cleveland for a hot date (what condom?) with her boyfriend and fly back.
Originally Posted by RWE

Incubation period allows enough time for a nurse to fly from Dallas to Cleveland for a hot date (what condom?) with her boyfriend and fly back.

are they virulent during incubation?

was there a flight layover in Greensboro, NC?

Did they wind up at the restaurant down the street from my office where my boss eats?

*cough*
131 passengers on that flight with her?
Originally Posted by FOsteology
2nd health care worker with Ebola flew from Cleveland to Dallas on Frontier Airlines the day before presenting symptoms (10/13), according to CDC...

Can you hear the music yet?

We're fixing to see how a handful of snowflakes only needs a little motion to turn into a huge snowball.
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Which article did you read????

http://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2014/10/dallas_ebola_patient_helped_pr.html

Thomas Eric Duncan rushed to help his 19-year-old neighbor when she began convulsing days after first complaining of stomach pain. Everyone assumed her health problems were related to her being 7 months pregnant. Still, no ambulance came as Ebola decimates Liberia's capital.

Soon Duncan, Marthalene Williams' parents and several others tried to hoist her into a taxi cab bound for a hospital downtown. Within weeks, everyone who helped Williams that day was either sick or dead.

As 9-year-old Mercy Kennedy sobbed along with neighbors mourning news of her mother's death, not a person would touch the little girl to comfort her.

Mercy's mother had helped to wash the pregnant woman's clothes, and had touched her body after she died at home when no hospital could find space for her, neighbors said.
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

are they virulent during incubation?

CDC says not. Boyfriend is then in position of wondering whether CDC has got that right.
As I said in the very first thread about ebola.

And so it begins.......

Just a matter of time boys.

Bigwhoop: As I posted on this forum many days ago when the intellectual idiots in the hussein obama regime brought the Ebola victims here to the United States - "NOTHING good will come from this stupid and self destructive act"!
I repeat it here again - NOTHING good will come from allowing humans to come to the United States from west African countries until the Ebola plague is contained.
hussein obama is not only the worst POTUS ever, he is now also among the top ten worst human beings ever to exist on planet earth!
And thats saying something!
PHHUCK hussein obama and that thieving racist bittch he rode in with!
I fear for the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My wife and I were talking about the affect of Ebola on travel just last night. As a long term healthcare worker, I'm not overly concerned, but certainly aware. I can see me flying less once we start seeing cases in several cities. No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight? I'll probably drive more when I can.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

My wife and I were talking about the affect of Ebola on travel just last night. As a long term healthcare worker, I'm not overly concerned, but certainly aware. I can see me flying less once we start seeing cases in several cities. No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight? I'll probably drive more when I can.

Or end up quarantined because you did sit next to someone.
Originally Posted by conrad101st
I think these dumb twits had no idea how to get out of their suits after being in the room. I gather they didn't even hose them down or mist them with bleech or chlorine before removal. Think nerve agent exposure paranoia should be the standard of decon.

dumb twits?

The staff

dumb twits?

No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight?

I'm not confident in Obama and the CDC's assessment that you can't (or extreme low risk) catch ebola by sitting next to or in proximity to an infected person.

Ebola affects the internal organs and causes internal bleeding. Infected person coughs or sneezes and there's microscopic blood and ebola contaminate particles that's now in the air...

If you're unfortunately in the vicinity to inhale what the infected individual secreted in the air.... damn good chance you can get infected.
This^^*

An MD virologist o Rush explained yesterday that there have been no vigorous studies undertaken to determine that one must be ill in order to transmit Ebola.

The health care worker now dxed with it flew on Frontier yesterday with no symptoms. Today they are going to monitor all who were on the plane with her yesterday. Why?

What about the people she interacted with in the airport?

Ebola affects the internal organs and causes internal bleeding. Infected person coughs or sneezes and there's microscopic blood and ebola contaminate particles that's now in the air...

Similarly if you should handle something they have contaminated..
Originally Posted by eyeball
This^^*

An MD virologist o Rush explained yesterday that there have been no vigorous studies undertaken to determine that one must be ill in order to transmit Ebola.

The health care worker now dxed with it flew on Frontier yesterday with no symptoms. Today they are going to monitor all who were on the plane with her yesterday. Why?

What about the people she interacted with in the airport?

The genie is quite likely out of the bottle.
Now we find out there were no CDC guidelines in place to care for Duncan and nurses had no hazmat suits. They had face shields, caps, gloves and gowns. They wrapped their necks in medical tapes to avoid contamination by body fluids.

Drs in Africa (and nurses) have died after having used hazmat suits around the sick. 233 drs and nurses dead so far.
Who the [bleep] are these people. He, I just worked with a guy that has Ebola, think I'll take a flight.
Boyfriend is then in position of wondering whether CDC has got that right.
He'll find out shortly.
Who the [bleep] are these people. He, I just worked with a guy that has Ebola, think I'll take a flight.

Not quite. "I think I'll take TWO flights this weekend so I can go to Cleveland and screw my boyfriend." That was her weekend.
Since its amateur hour at the CDC and the Whitehouse, how long will it be before they start queuing up B movies for an action plan.

Cordone off Dallas, and scramble the planes.....

jiminy this is a monumental cluster [bleep] in the making.

Not quite. "I think I'll take TWO flights this weekend so I can go to Cleveland and screw my boyfriend." That was her weekend.

Could be her last.

Hope it was good.
Can you imagine being her boyfriend.
this hospital, and to a lesser extent the CDC team is in way over their heads ----> contact trace and quarantine is what the CDC tells these African countries to do. Letting the healthcare staff travel (on airplanes!) within the incubation period is nearly criminal negligence...
Originally Posted by eyeball

Drs in Africa (and nurses) have died after having used hazmat suits around the sick. 233 drs and nurses dead so far.

I'm not hanging a lot of emphasis on that statistic. Most medical caregivers who've died from Ebola in the west Africa outbreak were exposed with little or no protective equipment.

The Firestone Plantation medical team in west Africa has had ZERO transmission to medical caregivers, and all they had were chemical HAZMAT suits, not biosuits. They've dealt with over 400 cases of Ebola in their makeshift quarantine operation as of this past week, which says a lot. Their experience suggests that scrupulous attention to protocol does prevent transmission. That is highly encouraging news as far as I'm concerned.

Reminds me of a nurse we saw in the emergency room. She was complaining about how she was sick and couldn't afford to take time of from work and how good our son had it that he could stay home sick.

WTF? This is supposed to be a health care worker, and they go to work sick???

Must have a huge dick.

Travis
She went to visit family they say. It's the first nurse's BF that may have symptoms.

The second nurse flew home AFTER the 1st nurse had be diagnosed for the disease.

WTF are we allowing people that work around EBOLA to get on frigging planes?

Wait till the first kid gets it, those little monkeys pass stuff around like crazy.
Complete f u c king negligence.
Odd none of the or friends od the origional case's family has gotten it...

Really odd

Snake
Complete f u c king negligence.

Agreed, the fact that everyone who is known to be exposed is not quarantined is inexcusable.

Instead the CDC says, hey if you were around so and so, give us a call and we will give you the OK to move about the country. WTF kind of a containment plan is that?

Originally Posted by temmi

Really odd

Snake

Not really considering how we are told it is spread.

Really odd

Snake

I still don't think so, of course I ain't a doctor. I don't believe it spreads as easy as say the flu.

Really odd

Snake

No, that tells me it's likely transmitted exactly how we have been told.

By close contact with body fluids

IMO gowns, latex gloves and face masks are NOT propper PPE for working around this [bleep]. If the hospital didn't have the right stuff, the guy should have been pit in an isolated room and left to die, then his body should have been doused with bleach and insinerated
Right. Influenza is a much, much scarier disease in terms of its transmissibility, its potential virulence, and its ability to rapidly mutate.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

...latex gloves and face masks are NOT proper PPE for working around this [bleep]. If the hospital didn't have the right stuff, the guy should have been put in an isolated room and left to die until proper protective equipment could be brought in for caregivers, then his body should have been doused with bleach placed in an airtight bag and insinerated incinerated

Fixed it.
Doc, with all due respect, they knew they weren't gonna cure him, why risk other people instead of letting him rot and die. And why not take the extra step of dousing him down with clorox from a garden sprayer, just to be on the safe side.
If transmits as we are told, then if when it gets in LGBTQ community, it'll go rampant in those hosts.

Really odd

Snake

I don't find it odd at all...I think he knew he was probably gonna get sick & told his family that he'd been exposed to it over in Liberia & thus, they took precautions...they're still not out of the woods yet, they are still well within the incubation stage of the virus.

ETA: I'll bet their house has reeked of bleach for a few weeks now.
Doc is a Doc. He lives his oath. Me?? I am a savage. The first sunuvabitch would have been dissolved in acid if left up to me. The nurse(s) otoh, we go the length for them. Period.
Doc, with all due respect, they knew they weren't gonna cure him, why risk other people instead of letting him rot and die. And why not take the extra step of dousing him down with clorox from a garden sprayer, just to be on the safe side.

Look what happened to Michael Jackson when he started playing with bleach... eek
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If transmits as we are told, then if when it gets in LGBTQ community, it'll go rampant in those hosts.

Imagine the horror if it got to Mumbai, India.

Imagine the outcome if it were to get to a few people on the Hajh in Mecca this year.
Jim, my friend, you and I are alot alike. And I understand what you're saying about the nurses, and quite frankly i hope the best for them. But. They should have never been allowed out of the hospital.
Seems Ferguson could use some urban renewal. I'd send all Ebola patients there.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Imagine the horror if it got to Mumbai, India.

Imagine the outcome if it were to get to a few people on the Hajh in Mecca this year.

I can about guarantee I won't have a problem getting a Baconator from Wendy's.

Really odd

Snake

I still don't think so, of course I ain't a doctor. I don't believe it spreads as easy as say the flu.

Maybe, maybe not...that's the problem, we don't know...the incubation period for the flu is much shorter than this bug.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Or end up quarantined because you did sit next to someone.
This.
The bits of reading I've done that botehr me, the virus can live 2-3 hours outside of its host.

Thats mosquito bites, door knobs, food trays, you name it.

In this instance, better to be as safe as you can, which really hurts nothing, is better than not to have a worry in the world..

Where is that Snyper guy anyway now?

I truly hope it stops at 3. Or 100. But until its contained you will not know. Even though Flu kills thousands, this may or may not be worse. Time will reveal the only answer. In the meantime I don't go inhaling around folks that have the flu either... just to see if it'll kill me this time....
He sent 101st "Airborne"...get it?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...ivision-Arrive-in-Liberia-to-Fight-Ebola
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Well, I'll say it.

He sends a few companies to fight a [bleep] virus, but lets the Benghazi Ambassador take a high hard one.

quaint.
Well one mission would have been to save Americans, while another is sending them to die, that makes it an easy choice for Eboma.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I thought it was because Ebola, like the 101st, is not really airborne.
So now the second nurse had a fever while on the plane.

The level of incompetence in this situation is staggering.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-texas-nurse-with-ebola-had-fever-on-airliner/ar-BB9f6bs

A second Texas nurse who has contracted Ebola flew on a commercial flight from Ohio to Dallas with a slight temperature the day before she was diagnosed, health officials said on Wednesday, raising new concerns about U.S. efforts to control the disease

Gee Now you get a 21 day vacation at CDC expence if you were on that flight or...

What about bag handlers... and the bathrooms or the family.....
Great, my wife's travelling to Cleveland next week.
Gee Now you get a 21 day vacation at CDC expence if you were on that flight or...

Only if they pull their heads out of their asses. Seems the CDC and this administration is more concerned with not disrupting peoples lives than stopping the spread of a deadly virus.
There seems to be a lot of Chatter that the whole Ebola thing is a hoax, to precondition us for what they really want to do.. Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by MarkG
There seems to be a lot of Chatter that the whole Ebola thing is a hoax, to precondition us for what they really want to do.. Any thoughts?

I think they are too incompetent to pull off some vast conspiracy. Arrogance and ignorance is a dangerous combination, and sadly that combination is a full blown contagion in DC.

Hawkeye is an idiot.
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Only if they pull their heads out of their asses. Seems the CDC and this administration is more concerned with not disrupting peoples lives than stopping the spread of a deadly virus.

At CDC expense? Oh no.. you'll get billed. Big time.

Hawkeye is an idiot.

lol..... I needed that.

Hawkeye is an idiot.

lol..... I needed that.

Takes a lot of chutzpah to laugh that off.
So now the second nurse had a fever while on the plane.

The level of incompetence in this situation is staggering.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-texas-nurse-with-ebola-had-fever-on-airliner/ar-BB9f6bs

A second Texas nurse who has contracted Ebola flew on a commercial flight from Ohio to Dallas with a slight temperature the day before she was diagnosed, health officials said on Wednesday, raising new concerns about U.S. efforts to control the disease

The hospital in Dallas has no idea what they are doing, the protocols are not being used or simply don't exist. They need to get quarantine procedures in place quick before we have a real mess on our hands.
nurse #2 is being sent to Atlanta
I hope she gets her frequent flier miles.
The plague has started and will now spread.
What I want to know is why someone who treated an ebola patient knowing one member of the team caught it and then got on a commercial airline......
Lack of personal responsibility EH. That or just plain arrogance (which in my experience is endemic to the medical profession)
Originally Posted by eh76
What I want to know is why someone who treated an ebola patient knowing one member of the team caught it and then got on a commercial airline......

I believe she traveled before the first nurse was known to test positive
she knowingly violated protocol. she was informed and did it anyway.

no one with direct contact with a patient is allowed to travel commercially for the duration of the incubation period starting at date of last contact.
clarification: she was allowed to travel to any private location willing to receive her but only by enclosed, private conveyance

Negative. First nurse tested on Friday, second flew home on Saturday.

Regardless, 21 day at least incubation period, people shouldn't have been traveling, period.
She's black, so protocol doesn't pertain to her.

Negative. First nurse tested on Friday, second flew home on Saturday.

Regardless, 21 day at least incubation period, people shouldn't have been traveling, period.

Scott, I agree noone involved in his treatment should have been allowed to leave the hospital. That said. i still say the nig from Liberia shukd have been put in a bubble and keft to die, and his body sprayed with bleach

It isn't.
Originally Posted by goalie

It isn't.

The jews are responsible for ebola

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-company-says-it-can-produce-experimental-ebola-drug/

The jews are truing to rule the world again
The real burning question is who goes to Cleveland at all? Why would anyone intentionally go to Cleveland at all? What could they possibly get in Cleveland that they couldn't get in Dallas? I mean seriously : )

I'm born and raised in south florida where 99.988% of all stupid schidt normally happens first, for various reasons. This time it happened somewhere else for once. Not happy about that because after Dallas and Cleveland Miami and ft lauderdale are surely next. I really feel terrible for those trying to help and who subsequently get infected, but common sense has to be used here when taking a vacay right after your co worker gets diagnosed with it and you both were in the same place with ol patient zero. Good luck everyone ...

Craig
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I thought it was because Ebola, like the 101st, is not really airborne.

Sounds like something somebody from the 82nd might say! lol grin
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
The real burning question is who goes to Cleveland at all? Why would anyone intentionally go to Cleveland at all? What could they possibly get in Cleveland that they couldn't get in Dallas? I mean seriously : )

I'm born and raised in south florida where 99.988% of all stupid schidt normally happens first, for various reasons. This time it happened somewhere else for once. Not happy about that because after Dallas and Cleveland Miami and ft lauderdale are surely next. I really feel terrible for those trying to help and who subsequently get infected, but common sense has to be used here when taking a vacay right after your co worker gets diagnosed with it and you both were in the same place with ol patient zero. Good luck everyone ...

Craig

Her family is in Cleveland
So we didn't want to close the border from Africa and thus we allowed the original diseased non-citizen individual to fly into our country with Ebola. But the American citizen nurse who happened to care for the imported guy from Africa "should not have flown"??

If we had closed the US border from flights originating in Africa this would have never occurred in the first place. Am I missing something or is our approach to this situation a bit backwards?
No. Flights should have been restricted, but thats water under the bridge. After that, PT zero should have been isolated and left to die with no care. Then his body should have been doused with bleach and incinerated.

Failing to do that, EVERY person involved in his treatment should have been quarantined
They just dropped her off in Atlanta!

Heading to Emory!

Mike
Originally Posted by silver78
So we didn't want to close the border from Africa and thus we allowed the original diseased non-citizen individual to fly into our country with Ebola. But the American citizen nurse who happened to care for the imported guy from Africa "should not have flown"??

If we had closed the US border from flights originating in Africa this would have never occurred in the first place. Am I missing something or is our approach to this situation a bit backwards?
You haven't missed anything. It's designed to spread it to the US.
NBC is reporting that the 2nd nurse flew from Cleveland to Dallas with a fever.

Days after her co-worker was diagnosed with Ebola and she is under "observation", she takes a flight with a symptom of the disease. She needs to lose her nurse license and do 3-5 years at a minimum. Add a couple more years for each death she causes.

N B N !
Sounds like sanitary procedures at the dallass hospital weren't even an after thought.

Going to Atlanta for care is a no-brainer.

Hawkeye is an idiot.

I can't understand irrational panic, and the people eaten up by it.
I'm just curious how the "there is nothing to fear" crowd can be so confident that the same government that can't stop illegal aliens, illegal drugs, terrorists, etc., that can be seen with the naked eye, totally has a handle on a microscopic virus that they aren't really sure of how it spreads, how long it incubates, how long it can live outside of the body and can't be 100% sure on exactly who has been in contact with the infected individuals (that we are aware of)???

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

N B N !

Yeah, but just wait til it gets into the uneducated ones... Whewee.
Stupid hurts! mad

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Before flying from Cleveland to Dallas, nurse Amber Vinson called the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to report a temperature of 99.5 Fahrenheit and informed the agency that she was getting on a plane, a federal official said. Vinson was not told she could not get on the plane, the official said. Authorities announced Wednesday that the nurse was diagnosed with Ebola.
Fuggit I am glad I live in bumphuck WY

I have some very good reasons to travel to, or through Cleveland, and have done so on numerous occasions, and have no plans to stop doing so or divulge why.

You do realize who your asking to pull their head outta their ass don't you? LOL

Yeah, a false flag just like the ISIS beheadings. Don't drink the Kool-Aid.
Megyn Kelly is hammering the ShiiTT out of Obammer & the Idiot in charge of the CDC on her show right now!

It would be pretty damn funny if the subject matter wasn't so serious!

This fiasco could spin out of control very quickly!

Personally, I won't be visiting any of my family or friends or the Cabela's in Dallas any time in the very near future

N B N !

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...vinson-checked-cdc-flight-source-n226961

She called the CDC, and they ok'd her to fly. She also stepped up to the plate and tried to care for someone with Ebola. That's more than most on here would do, despite having whiter skin.

Your secret is safe. I won't tell a soul.
Originally Posted by goalie

N B N !

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...vinson-checked-cdc-flight-source-n226961

She called the CDC, and they ok'd her to fly. She also stepped up to the plate and tried to care for someone with Ebola. That's more than most on here would do, despite having whiter skin.

Amen.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Yeah, a false flag just like the ISIS beheadings. Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

Let's make Ebola bombs and drop them on ISIS.

Yes, it would violate the Geneva Convention but so do beheadings.

Just wait until we have 10,000 people with Ebola come to the USA. The cost for medical treatment will be on the order of $1,000,000 each or $10 billion!
© 24hourcampfire