Home
Posted By: jnyork Gunbroker .22 ammo gone begging - 10/16/14
Looked at .22LR ammo over at Gunbroker a few minutes ago, almost no buyers at all for mostly 9 cent ammo. Makes my heart surge with joy seeing all those hoarders and scalpers go begging. grin
Hope they all choke on it.
Yep. Seems to be making a come back at the box stores.
I have to go to Salt Lake City this upcoming weekend. I'm hoping there will be some 22lr ammo around. Also hoping for some pistol powder.
I went into a local retail outlet today, saw plenty on the shelves, and felt no urge to buy.

Pistol powder, now that's a different story. I have plenty for .45 ACP, but I'd love to get a few more pounds of Alliant 300-MP and Lil'gun, though I may drop the Lil'gun if the 300-MP works as good in my .44 Mag rifle as it does my revolvers.
I'd like another pound of 2400, but other than that, I'm not sure what I want. I've got some open containers of green dot, blue dot, red dot, and bullseye. Also a couple of pounds of AA7. Mostly just loading practice rounds of 45acp, 9mm, 40s&w and 38/357.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ideally, they have invested enough money that they are feeling the pinch in some other area of their lives.
altoona pa field and stream opened last friday, had advertised 10,000 bricks of 22. I went in tuesday afternoon and all they had was a few 100ct minimags at $9. Too much for me to pay yet.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I'd like another pound of 2400, but other than that, I'm not sure what I want. I've got some open containers of green dot, blue dot, red dot, and bullseye. Also a couple of pounds of AA7. Mostly just loading practice rounds of 45acp, 9mm, 40s&w and 38/357.

I have some extra 2400, could let you have 2-3 pounds if you ever get over this way. Headed out to Yuma Monday.
Closest I'm going to get is Farson tomorrow afternoon. I have my weekly Green River run.
Ideally, they have invested enough money that they are feeling the pinch in some other area of their lives.

More like they made they made a good enough profit, they are shooting for free grin
Scored 2K plus this week locally. Prices slightly elevated still.
Still available in Norway. Was never gone in the first place. Guess we don't have hoarders here.
Originally Posted by KMS
Yep. Seems to be making a come back at the box stores.
Not in this area yet - unfortunately...
I have steadily been seeing improvements locally. Dies are finally getting stocked back up on the shelves...powder is regurlarly showing up on the shelves and primers have been in stock for a while now. Most bullets are starting to restock locally too save for a few of the most popular stuff.

Still waiting on .22lr to build back up locally though but I occasionally score a brick.

Haven't seen any Unique, Red Dot or similar pistol powders in a LONG time.
I hope their 14X80 trailer gets repo'd
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
Still available in Norway. Was never gone in the first place. Guess we don't have hoarders here.
we are kapitalist pigs here

we even have our own showers and multiple full bathrooms in the same single family dwelling

I know, I know....europe has trains and open air cafes with $9 euro lattes, we should all bow to envy of trains
Just wait until after the November elections.....
I was in Wallyworld this week and they had maybe 4 bricks of Remington .22LR. They wanted almost $5 per box of 50 with a limit of 3 boxes. That's why they still have it.

Was in Academy a few weeks ago and they had bulkpacks of Winchester 333 rounds at $14.95, so I bought one. They also have some Aguila .22 LR.

Cabela's in Fort Worth had shelves loaded down with CCI Mini-mag 100 rd. boxes. $8.49 for JHP and $8.99 for 40 gr. solids.

I'm beginning to see some .22 rimfire around now.

.....and die from lead poisoning..

Originally Posted by 5sdad

Originally Posted by slumlord

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Some sour-grape crying MFs here. Boo-hoo they don't have what I want at the supermarket. You girls want some cheese with your whine?

This is 'Murica, capitalism at it's finest.
If ya want ammo you have to give it away....fire Marshall was inspecting some smoke detectors on some Rtu's for me. We got to talkin and he says how his son got a cricket and he couldn't find any ammo. I told him to hang on a sec. I thought I remembered a couple boxes in the truck and sure nuff I had some Winchester 100's and I handed it to him and for him and his son to enjoy....next day I walk into a sports academy and they had a table full. Got a couple of cci 500 boxes. So, give it away and you won't go short....
Was in Cabelas in Owatonna, MN today. Zero .22LR on the shelf. Nice supply and variety of primers all available though!
From what I've seen it's been going in waves. Seems like its everywhere for a few weeks then nothing for a while. Now locally there has been a run on powder, not sure why but it seemed to have started about a month ago. Before that there was powder everywhere.

I would still like to pick up some velocitor's and blazers, but I can wait a while longer
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

Originally Posted by 5sdad

Originally Posted by slumlord

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Some sour-grape crying MFs here. Boo-hoo they don't have what I want at the supermarket. You girls want some cheese with your whine?

This is 'Murica, capitalism at it's finest.

You probably support gay rights and dope smoking too. Go back to your boyfriend and quit your crying now. He'll wipe those tears away. I have plenty of 22 ammo and have give a lot of it away to people less fortunate..
© 24hourcampfire