Home
This thing is just NUTS, but I predict it will sell:

https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/meet...orcycle-first-look-1414611909-slideshow/

PS be sure to click the right arrow beside the first pic to get more than a front view. Sorry that I do not yet know how to load a link that opens the whole story right in my post yet.
Ugly, likely quite heavy and I'd venture to say few people could handle that much power in a bike.

Then again, there is the ghost rider's turbo busa with a claimed 500hp.

[Linked Image]
There's also the 1,000cc supercharged Kawasaki Ninja H2, 300 Horsepower.
https://www.ninja-h2.com/

[Linked Image]

This thing looks like it's doing 200mph just sitting there.
The Kawasaki will be cheaper, probably perform better in every way, and if it's made by Kawasaki, you can bet your bottom dollar it will still be reliable.
Did not look heavy to me in its construction style and mateirials, but I did not see a reference to its weight.

You are spot on that VERY few have any business trying to ride such a machine, and despite my decades of riding and a few passes through a drag strip on a bike I am not among those who should ever throw a leg over one of these.

An unfortunate probabilty is that folks will try to ride this to its full capability on the street and die trying.

But, just like rifles that are far better machines than our ability to shoot, there is always an appreciation for a best of the best machine. I don't know if this one is "it" or not, but it will make a strong case for ittself I think.

Ugly or beautiful is in the eye of the beholder. At least the Legacy has some nice looking tan leather and lots of chrome and polished stainless steel. And the Hayabusa is quite homely, too. About any motorcycle that is built purely for speed and performance at any cost is not going to have good looks as part of the equation.
Does it come with diapers?
My youngest brother bought a Yamaha that was more than fast enough.
He decided to rev it up and pop the clutch one day when he was bored.
He said he felt like a rodeo clown.
Originally Posted by safariman

An unfortunate probabilty is that folks will try to ride this to its full capability on the street and die trying.

They are called organ donors.
give me a Harley when i ride
Originally Posted by bea175
give me a Harley when i ride

Me as well, and with a few minor mods mine is plenty fast enough.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Now you know why I am promoting this bike! grin

Discounts for buyers with type O blood.....
Go to Denver and walk down the street with a sign saying 1 oz of Pot for one Unit of Type O Blood
I have plenty of blood, what I need is a kidney. And That was a tongue in cheek post.
Plus, I do not have any pot. Cannot stand to inhale anything into my lungs that is not plain old air.

Originally Posted by GunGeek
[Linked Image]

This Kaw is a good looking bike, the other two not so much.
My bike is 175 BHP and it's rare I grab a hand full of throttle because it scares the crap out of me. I can't even fathom 300 HP on a motorcycle.
Did not look heavy to me in its construction style and mateirials, but I did not see a reference to its weight.

You are spot on that VERY few have any business trying to ride such a machine, and despite my decades of riding and a few passes through a drag strip on a bike I am not among those who should ever throw a leg over one of these.

But, just like rifles that are far better machines than our ability to shoot, there is always an appreciation for a best of the best machine. I don't know if this one is "it" or not, but it will make a strong case for ittself I think.

Ugly or beautiful is in the eye of the beholder. At least the Legacy has some nice looking tan leather and lots of chrome and polished stainless steel. And the Hayabusa is quite homely, too. About any motorcycle that is built purely for speed and performance at any cost is not going to have good looks as part of the equation.
Weight is 400 pounds.
I've heard the Kawasaki comes with a turn signal beeper too.

That's to get you accustomed to the sounds in ICU..............
LMAO !!!!!!!!!
This thing is just NUTS, but I predict it will sell:

https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/meet...orcycle-first-look-1414611909-slideshow/

PS be sure to click the right arrow beside the first pic to get more than a front view. Sorry that I do not yet know how to load a link that opens the whole story right in my post yet.

If attention is what a person craves no doubt it would be a real attention getter. As far as it's looks - my personal opinion - one of the ugliest motorcycles I've ever seen.
Damn, that's an ugly bike. The Cow looks pretty nice though except for the green trim.
Seen a Boss Hoss motorcycle at a car show a couple weeks ago. This beast had a 502 ci 8100cc's with 700-800 HP. Now that's crazy

I saw one of those in the shop that was making the turbocharger headers for my harley some time ago. The owner said that he, also, has never had the guts to throw the throttle all the way to wide open, ever. Not sure I would, even at the drag strip.

Shows the folly of ever trying to be the fastest or most powerful. At some point in the high performance continuum, rider skill plays a bigger part than the machine being ridden.
Got to admit they're are impressive. I was talking to the owner at the Harley show, he said with even the weight 600lbs they are torqey (sp) as hell. Be fun to take one out for a spin.
8100 cc is mind boggling. crazy
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

back when those 1100 Ninjas were first brought out, Twin City Cycle in Metro Minneapolis, started selling them the first of May of that year... they refused to take orders for any more of them as of July 1....

of the first 5 they sold the first week of May, all 5 buyers had manage to kill themselves by the end of June...

Twin City Cycle was the largest motorcycle dealer in Minnesota at the time...located down in Burnsville on Hwy 101....
Originally Posted by okok
Seen a Boss Hoss motorcycle at a car show a couple weeks ago. This beast had a 502 ci 8100cc's with 700-800 HP. Now that's crazy

at one of the spring motorcycle shows in the Twin Cities, I remember there was a vendor out of New Mexico, that was making custom bikes with the theme being mounting Chevy V 8s on them...

every thing from a 305 to a highly worked 454....

a motor, two wheels, a seat and a fuel tank...

friggin nuts...
When I was fortunate enough to get a real close look at a Boss Hog Chevy V-8 trike, among my first thoughts was "the single motorcycle front tire is NOT going to be able to properly steer or help stop all this weight or power" The owner confirmed as much and was planning to sell it. Same guy that was smart enough to know better than to twist the throttle all the way to wide open.

There is a reason that big V-8's have FOUR sizeable tires and FOUR sets of brake rotor/caliper's around you..... That will be scary enough and far less likely to kill you (though it - getting dead- can still can be done if mixed in with enough alchohol or stupidity)

If you want V-8 power in a superlight frame, build a V-8 Vega or something, maybe even using some carbonfiber parts. But put a good set of tires and brakes all around and a roll cage then go have a blast.
my 90 fxrs makes about 70 hp and weighs 580 lbs with a full tank. its all i need or want.
And a fine bike that is! FXRS being one of my all time favorite flavors of Harley.

So, we now know that you have TWO Eagle scouts in your home (CONGRATULATIONS! BTW) and a very cool Harley.

How does one nominate you as campfire member of the year?
Really nothing new about mounting big horsepower engines on motorcycles.

The real deal - E. J. Potter, The Michigan Madman.

http://thekneeslider.com/e-j-potter-the-michigan-madman-r-i-p/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I recall when the V-max first came out. The commercial was sooooo cool.
A guy at work had a Boss Hog and it just looked unbelievably uncomfortable to ride. Way too wide, heavy, just looked bloated in every dimension.
Always wanted to ride a Hayabusa, or the Kawi, but I'm one of those potential "organ donors" so I've sworn off bikes for quite a few years now.
Still lust after the look of a fast bike that will also corner with the best of them and would love to ride one if I had a closed track to have fun on.
Guess I'll have to settle for my hot rod instead. Should be plenty fast to make me look stupid a time or two.....

Bob
© 24hourcampfire