Home
In preperation for the grand jury announcement, this is what "civil" leaders from the "Don't Shoot Coalition" are asking law enforcement to adhere to, so the protests can go , uh, smoothly, yeah that's it.

Link to article

Proposed Rules of Engagement
1) The first priority shall be preservation of human life.

2) Channels of communication will be established so that situations can be de-escalated if necessary.

3) Police will give protesters 48 hour advance notice before grand jury decision is announced.

4) Police will provide to the public information that makes clear the chain of command, who is making what decisions and the processes for deciding when the police response will be escalated.

5) Every attempt should be made to communicate with protesters to reach "common sense" agreements based on these protocols, both ahead of time and at the scene of protests.

6) Clear standards of professionalism and sound community friendly-policing will be maintained and adhered to at all times.

7) Police will wear only the attire minimally required for their safety. Specialized riot gear will be avoided except as a last resort.

8) Crowd control equipment such as armored vehicles, rubber bullets, rifles and tear gas will not be used.

9) Police or other government authorities will not interfere with the free flow of information through tactics such as limiting cell or internet access, interception of cell or other mobile conversations or unwarranted wiretaps.

10) Every attempt will be made to pinpoint arrests so that only individual lawbreakers will be arrested. �Kettling� and mass arrests will not be used.

11) Safe houses shall be considered sacred ground and only entered by police when called upon or if extremely necessary.

12) Media and Legal Observers shall not be considered participants in protests and shall be allowed to do their jobs freely.

13) Every attempt will be made to provide alternate routes or other means for non-involved persons to get to places of employment and meet other transportation necessities.

14) Strategically, police commanders will allow protests to take and occupy larger and more disruptive spaces than would normally be tolerated, and will allow occupation of those spaces for longer periods of time than would normally be tolerated.

15) Police will be instructed to be tolerant of more minor lawbreaking (such as thrown water bottles) when deciding whether to escalate the use of force.

16) Police rank and file will be instructed to provide every latitude to allow for free assembly and expression, treating protesters as citizens and not �enemy combatants.�

17) Excessive force and other forms of police misconduct will not be tolerated.

18) Intimidation and harassment of protesters will not be tolerated. This includes pretextual pedestrian or traffic stops, contacting of employers or family members, pre�emptive arrests or detention of "leaders," publishing of private information and any other means of intimidation and harassment.

19) Bond for arrestees will not be set above the levels which would be considered average over the last two years, and arrestees will not be held for periods longer than average lengths of time. Medical care will be liberally made available. Attorneys will be able to travel to and meet with clients without impediments.
Um, f'k 'm?
I admire their proactivity.

If the whole thing wasn't derived specifically to agitate people by inferring the police have previously been intimidating protestors, using illegal wire taps, and are quashing rights to civil disobediance, I'd almost give them credit.

I see no quid pro quo, no assertion that leaders will ensure there will be no looting, or other crime. In fact, the rules state there will be other crime and cops should look the other way or treat it lightly.

It's propaganda, and a set up, rolled into 1.

Yeah. Fk'm.
You don't negotiate with terrorists.

Yeah, fk'm
Originally Posted by 4ager
Um, f'k 'm?

AMEN!
I was reading this article earlier this morning. Sounds like the 'organizers' would be down with just having the police leave the room, and let this coalition of community organizers run the show.
That way, no matter how out of hand things get, no innocent protesters would be harmed. After all,
"After the verdict, no matter what it is, people are going to pour into the street - either in celebration or in rage," said Montague Simmons, chairman of the Organization for Black Struggle. "It's in the best interest of the public, the police and elected officials who control the actions of the police to work together to protect the rights of people to engage in civil disobedience and expression of their First Amendment rights of free speech and assembly."
I place a major part of the blame for the riots squarely on the shoulders of the media. From the very beginning their biased reporting led to more and more riots and lawlessness.

Their headlines read "Unarmed black teen shot and killed by cop"

Instead of the more accurate "Giant robbery suspect attacks cop."

The way our media worded it, incited violence.

So yeah. F'em. Media and protestors. Riot? Go to jail, hopefully after getting hurt real bad.

Pretty much carte blanche to loot, rape, and pillage. Negro Vikings.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

Exactly, this "agreement" is nothing more than a License to Riot.
I would love to be in a room with these community organizers (zing)

Ask them if private businesses are considered "safe houses" to wit:

11) Safe houses shall be considered sacred ground and only entered by police protestors when called upon or if extremely necessary engaging in business related activities only.

The fact that they list separately in their treaty all the common folk and business owners (the non-involved) proves beyond any doubt that the "us versus them" mentality not only applies to the "protestors" vice the cops, but the "protestors" versus the general public as well.

Likewise, its only convenient that they refer to themselves as citizens when they are about to have the rights suspended for their own actions.
The need to send in the National Guard with fixed Bayonets and start shooting these turds!
The looters probably have their Christmas shopping list already made out and looking forward to just leisurely strolling around at their own pace, in and out of stores, taking what they want, unimpeded, no hassle.
Where's the list of conditions that the protestors will abide by?
Law enforcement should gather all those "leaders" together in a room and explain (with cameras rolling) that they will each be held personally responsible for any thefts, vandalism, injuries or deaths that occur during the marches and protests they are "leading".
Exactly Grouseman.
Here are OUR rules: you act like civilized human beings and will be treated as such. You act like [bleep] that just jumped down from low hanging limbs in a tree in Africa and you will be treated as just that.
This really isn't rocket science and won't be treated as such.
Originally Posted by grouseman
Where's the list of conditions that the protestors will abide by?

Right.

LE needs to remind the "protestors" which criminal acts can result in the justified use of deadly force.

Take that bishes. grin
Um, f'k 'm?

What I said as I read this.

Except I skipped the "Um,"

Guess I'm a man of few words.
If the local business owners would nut up, then the cops should let the protestors know that they have no intention on restraining local property owners in exercising their rights either.

I hope someone informs them that there is a reason that whitey has been hoarding ammo for the past 10 years.
I would bet the farm that there will be a moratorium on firearm and ammo sales prior to the announcement.

The establishment will do everything in their power to protect the looters and endanger the resident shop owners.
A steamroller would be more effective against rioters.

[Linked Image]
I don't think it unreasonable for the Police to publish their ROE..To save time and money, these community leaders could be advised to read up on the Riot Act...
Why are you insulting Vikings?
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Water cannons and slurry bombers would be a good deterrent...
Um, f'k 'm?

well said
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
this coalition of community organizers

We all know how these jackasses operate.
Um, f'k 'm and the horse they rode in on as well as the boat they came over on!!!!!!
Originally Posted by T LEE
Um, f'k 'm and the horse they rode in on as well as the boat they came over on!!!!!!

Should've sunk the boats and declared war on the Dutch.
Originally Posted by T LEE

Why do you hate love horses
Two things I'd like to see. the steamers -jackson - sharpton and other blow hards thrown down hard, cuffed, and sent to jail. The other thing I'd like to see is the cops who are jerks nut up and be a jerk to the crowds. Don't be scared homie.
I'm tired of negroes.
Rioter disbursement!

Surprise. You don't get to make the rules.
Dear thugs, race baiters and anarchists: The ROE's begin and end with your arrest the first time you break the law.
Originally Posted by Pete E
I don't think it unreasonable for the Police to publish their ROE..To save time and money, these community leaders could be advised to read up on the Riot Act...

Doubt all of em can read it. Let the teleprompter in chief come out and read to his peeps.
The police can publish their own conditional demand:

"You can protest all you wish on public property, but we will act swiftly and surely if you step onto private property or do a single thing to damage anyone or anything."
Um, f'k 'm?

+1
Um, f'k 'm?

+ another 1
My idea of ROEs-
Redleg 10, this is FIST 5-
Fire Mission-
Location is corner of Churches Chicken and Welfare Office-
Target is 200 protesters in the open-
Request WP fuzed 15 feet above ground-
Shot, out-
Fire for effect-
Redleg 10 this is FIST 5, End of mission, 2 BBQ joints destroyed, estimate 200 casualties. thank you.
My Idea of ROEs-

REDLEG 17, this is FIST 140, FIRE MISSION OVER-
Grid is Churchs Chicken and Welfare Street-
Target is 200 protesters in the open-
Request WP, fuzed 15 feet above the pavement-
Shot Out-
Fire for effect-
Fired Mission complete, 200 KIA-
Thank you.
At some point, people who are damaged like officer Wilson need to sue the living chit out of the folks like Rev AL and JJ. They are only in this for the money. We have to start making these cases no so financially beneficial.
If you could throw Obama and Holder in the mix I would really be happy.
i say announce the verdict and leave the cops stay at home. the freeloader street trash want to burn their friggen neighborhood down, go for it. when the good citizens in that community get sick of it, let them handle it. let us know when you get it all out of your system. oh, and try and pull that BS in a decent white neighborhood and expect to get shot.
BUMP

Originally Posted by RWE
In preperation for the grand jury announcement, this is what "civil" leaders from the "Don't Shoot Coalition" are asking law enforcement to adhere to, so the protests can go , uh, smoothly, yeah that's it.

Link to article

Proposed Rules of Engagement
1) The first priority shall be preservation of human life.

2) Channels of communication will be established so that situations can be de-escalated if necessary.

3) Police will give protesters 48 hour advance notice before grand jury decision is announced.

4) Police will provide to the public information that makes clear the chain of command, who is making what decisions and the processes for deciding when the police response will be escalated.

5) Every attempt should be made to communicate with protesters to reach "common sense" agreements based on these protocols, both ahead of time and at the scene of protests.

6) Clear standards of professionalism and sound community friendly-policing will be maintained and adhered to at all times.

7) Police will wear only the attire minimally required for their safety. Specialized riot gear will be avoided except as a last resort.

8) Crowd control equipment such as armored vehicles, rubber bullets, rifles and tear gas will not be used.

9) Police or other government authorities will not interfere with the free flow of information through tactics such as limiting cell or internet access, interception of cell or other mobile conversations or unwarranted wiretaps.

10) Every attempt will be made to pinpoint arrests so that only individual lawbreakers will be arrested. �Kettling� and mass arrests will not be used.

11) Safe houses shall be considered sacred ground and only entered by police when called upon or if extremely necessary.

12) Media and Legal Observers shall not be considered participants in protests and shall be allowed to do their jobs freely.

13) Every attempt will be made to provide alternate routes or other means for non-involved persons to get to places of employment and meet other transportation necessities.

14) Strategically, police commanders will allow protests to take and occupy larger and more disruptive spaces than would normally be tolerated, and will allow occupation of those spaces for longer periods of time than would normally be tolerated.

15) Police will be instructed to be tolerant of more minor lawbreaking (such as thrown water bottles) when deciding whether to escalate the use of force.

16) Police rank and file will be instructed to provide every latitude to allow for free assembly and expression, treating protesters as citizens and not �enemy combatants.�

17) Excessive force and other forms of police misconduct will not be tolerated.

18) Intimidation and harassment of protesters will not be tolerated. This includes pretextual pedestrian or traffic stops, contacting of employers or family members, pre�emptive arrests or detention of "leaders," publishing of private information and any other means of intimidation and harassment.

19) Bond for arrestees will not be set above the levels which would be considered average over the last two years, and arrestees will not be held for periods longer than average lengths of time. Medical care will be liberally made available. Attorneys will be able to travel to and meet with clients without impediments.
Do you think the protestors will protest about the ROE not being acknowledged?

laugh
The RoE response is simple:

You don't break the law, you won't be arrested.

You don't riot, you won't get riot suppression.

But if you do...
© 24hourcampfire