Home
Posted By: BeanMan 12 year old shot by Police - 11/26/14
I keep reading about the 12 year old shot by Police in Cleveland. The kid was black and I've not heard of great outrage, does this mean the cop was black too?
Posted By: sherp Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/26/14
Not hearing any outrage over this POS getting liquidated by one of NYC's finest either:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/21/new-york-unarmed-man-shot-dead-totally-innocent

Prayers to the officer and his family and hope they have lots of money to spend if he gets placed on paid leave while the department figures out the best way to exonerate him.
I'm not sure, but I think I read that the Cleveland officer was wearing a camera and the entire incident was recorded.
Posted By: sherp Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by savage24
I'm not sure, but I think I read that the Cleveland officer was wearing a camera and the entire incident was recorded.

If the video shows it was legit then all is well. If it looks like a bad shoot it was just due to the camera angle being bad and it was a good shoot anyway.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
No, there is outrage just not getting the publicity as of yet.
Posted By: rem141r Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
not a body camera. it was a surveillance camera.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

kid [bleep] up. but what 12 year old kid doesn't? friggen shame. not a LEO but to me, it seems that the driver got too close and didn't leave the passenger (shooter) much time to react.
Looks like murder to me.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Looks like murder to me.

It isn't murder when a police officer makes the decision to kill a dog or other animal so how is this any different? The only exception I can think of is the incident with the 2 cops in the hotel lobby and with any luck they will find the fatal shot was fired by a civilian at the scene.
I think the dispatcher did a crappy job of relaying the callers info to the cops. I think the caller said it was a kid and didn't know if the gun was real.
If I remember right the cops right after the shooting radio the suspect is about 20 yrs old.
This is a sad happening all the way around.
It looked like the passenger cop fired as he opened his door. It was pretty instantaneous from this video. It's too bad there is no audio. That would tell a lot more.
Poorly trained officers. Poorly trained dispatchers. Poorly conceived rules of engagement. Total fail all around. Hopefully the parents will get a good lawyer and sue the city into bankruptcy.
And of course where are the parents while the kid is out on the street playing with a very real looking toy. There is equal blame almost everywhere you look but no one will accept their part. The shooting officer was a rookie and I can only imagine how sick he feels.
Maybe rookie cops should not be trusted with firearms until they prove their competence under real life conditions.
Posted By: Snyper Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
Maybe rookie cops should not be trusted with firearms until they prove their competence under real life conditions.

I feel the same about keyboards and internet access
Video: Boy with air gun was shot 2 seconds after Cleveland police arrived

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c2
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
No winners here.
Posted By: 700LH Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
After watching the video I find no fault in the officers actions.
Then I was not there or involved so my opinion doesn't count any more than any other viewer.
Originally Posted by 700LH
After watching the video I find no fault in the officers actions.
Then I was not there or involved so my opinion doesn't count any more than any other viewer.

We(you and I ) found now fault with the officer's actions before any mention of the video.

Like you, I wish we could get back to the pre-video days when it was only the officers' sides of the story that mattered.

I guess the bright side is that video will rarely get the officer in any real trouble, but it must have a bad effect on officer morale that the perp gets off the hook on occasion due to a friggin camera.
The deal in Cleveland happened before the rots in Ferguson. The Obama administration and MSM knew it was too late to orchestrate more chaos in another local without dividing the effort. Also, Cleveland is not quite the "cherry" to be picked that a small town in Missouri was.
Poorly trained parents. I was told my parents over sixty years ago "You don't be pointing any guns at people, real or not. They may not know its a toy and shoot you". Still holds true.
Posted By: Toddly Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
If I blame any of the cops it's the driver. He put a perp with a gun just feet from his partner. Rookie cop got out and kid drew on him. He did what he thought necessary.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
Its not just the LEO's at risk here.If he gets it wrong anyone around is at risk.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
It looked like the passenger cop fired as he opened his door. It was pretty instantaneous from this video. It's too bad there is no audio. That would tell a lot more.
The video is jerky, apparently because it cuts out frames to save storage space. I suspect that if we could see every frame, it would look different.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The video is jerky, apparently because it cuts out frames to save storage space. I suspect that if we could see every frame, it would look different.

Any video, audio, or statement that casts a negative light on any actions taken be a current or former police officer is undoubtedly misleading.

Prayers for the retired Florida officer who had to shoot the texting miscreant in the movie theater as another example.
Hey Take-a-pee.. Whutup?

How long before Bin chitcans this user name?
Posted By: antlers Re: 12 year old shot by Police - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by Toddly
If I blame any of the cops it's the driver. He put a perp with a gun just feet from his partner. Rookie cop got out and kid drew on him. He did what he thought necessary.

Did you see the kid draw on him...? I couldn't see 'that' from watching the video on my phone.
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Poorly trained parents. I was told my parents over sixty years ago "You don't be pointing any guns at people, real or not. They may not know its a toy and shoot you". Still holds true.

DITTOS.
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

^^^^^This
Police tactics were p!ss poor. It appears justified, unless some other facts come out, that says otherwise.

Stupid kid that is assaulting people with a "gun" whether real or fake does not matter. He was actually committing a crime!

Another wannabe thug that got shot. The black community needs to get their s!@t together!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c2

"ordered to show his hands...drop the gun..."

Major FUBAR by the passenger rookie cop and the driver cop...

How in 2 seconds can a "stipid kid" react to those two orders given? This was a jumpy rookie screwing up.

The kid was stupid. He had no business brandishing the BB gun, but it shouldn't have gotten him killed.
A threat is a threat. There is no law that says a police officer must issue a verbal warning prior to using deadly force. What could of , should of, would of, bs is just that BS.

People fail to understand that we give police officers some of the greatest "power" on earth. That power is they can pull out the gun on their hip and "kill" a person, if necessary.

The constraints for lethal force do not take much to reach as people are finding out! This isn't the movies.

It's unfortunate that the parents are nowhere to be found except after their kid is killed and they are looking for a PAYDAY instead of their own personal responsibility of why this "kid" had this "gun" and using it in the manner he was doing?
Originally Posted by Esox357
A threat is a threat. There is no law that says a police officer must issue a verbal warning prior to using deadly force. What could of , should of, would of, bs is just that BS.

People fail to understand that we give police officers some of the greatest "power" on earth. That power is they can pull out the gun on their hip and "kill" a person, if necessary.

The constraints for lethal force do not take much to reach as people are finding out! This isn't the movies.

Yep, every use of force by a police officer is necessary. As we saw recently with the SC trooper, even complying with the officer's demands can create a situation where the officer will convince themselves they really should draw on and shoot you. That use of force followed by little to no punishment isn't limited to using their firearms to maintain compliance through fear as has been shown in several instances where the officers have committed sexual assaults with incidents in WI, TX, NM, and TN where officers had to use their "gun" and not their firearm come to mind. Not supporting those acts(by thinking prison sentences are due)is a sign of hating cops according to officers.

"ordered to show his hands...drop the gun..."

Major FUBAR by the passenger rookie cop and the driver cop...

How in 2 seconds can a "stipid kid" react to those two orders given? This was a jumpy rookie screwing up.

The kid was stupid. He had no business brandishing the BB gun, but it shouldn't have gotten him killed.

It should have gotten him killed just like several civilians have deserved to be raped and property has been confiscated to boost the coffers via asset forfeiture. The officer wanted to shoot him and that is good enough for me. Desire coupled with a badge should never be restrained.
Originally Posted by sherp

It should have gotten him killed just like several civilians have deserved to be raped and property has been confiscated to boost the coffers via asset forfeiture. The officer wanted to shoot him and that is good enough for me. Desire coupled with a badge should never be restrained.

PHUQKING-TARD!
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by sherp

PHUQKING-TARD!

Yep, that describes the dead perp to the letter.

Noticed you are in California. Anywhere near where that druggy Donald Scott lived?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Donald_P._Scott

Too bad that didn't go the way the officers planned. No doubt they need the proceeds from the sale of the property far more than Scott or his bitch widow did. I know I am preaching to the choir there because it is obvious you feel the same way.
No where near it Take A Pee. Don't agree with you on anything, your just a phuqking retard.

Go ask mom to change your diaper, you're FOS.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
No where near it Take A Pee. Don't agree with you on anything, your just a phuqking retard.

Go ask mom to change your diaper, you're FOS.

So why don't you want police to be able to take people's property for use/resell, use force anytime they wish, and all of the other wonderful things police do? You sound like a real POS cop hater boy.
© 24hourcampfire