Home
Posted By: NathanL For the Ben Carson supporters - 12/01/14
Ripped from another board.

Carson: Cops Could Be Trained to Shoot For The Legs

on Breitbart TV

26 Nov 2014 Dr. Ben Carson, author of "One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future," argued that while Officer Darren Wilson did nothing wrong in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, police should be better trained in non-lethal force such as shooting aggressors in the legs on Tuesday's "Hugh Hewitt Show."

"First of all, I don�t think that the police officer did anything wrong. Nevertheless, there are probably additional techniques and knowledge that he could have been given. So all along, we probably need to beef up the instructions for police officers in general so that they don�t place themselves in such dangerous situations" he stated.
Sounds like he has watched too many Hollywood westerns. An incredibly stupid remark.
If Wilson did nothing wrong, why the push for "training". It would seem to me that it would not be needed. Criminals should be aware that once deadly force has to be used, there is a good chance they will be on the short end of the stick. How about that?
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Sounds like he has watched too many Hollywood westerns. An incredibly stupid remark.

We had a Judge say that to us once. Needless to say,it was EASY to educate her. She learned. Doc Carson can learn.
A surgeon with few good and bad ideas does not a leader make.
folks that haven't shot much or been trained in the shooting discipline often have misguided ideas.

doubt there's many on this board that could give us a good idea how to do the surgeries he performed

none of us are experts at everything, the man seems capable of learning to me and from what I can glean his heart's in the right place.

he's just had a very different background and upbringing than most of us that frequent here. How many of you jabronis voted for Mitt? ( I know I did) of bunny hunting fame?
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

The more I hear from him the less I think of the idea of another black president.
I think there's a place for him in helping put our country back togeather (maybe director of HHS) but not president.
One would think they would get educated on a variety of topics prior to announcing a run for president. I don't want a president that has to learn the basics on the job or you wind up with another Obama.
I will only vote for white guys for president. They aren't the smartest guys around but they have every other race beat hands down.
Allen West
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I will only vote for white guys for president. They aren't the smartest guys around but they have every other race beat hands down.
Not if you're an example...
he's just had a very different background and upbringing than most of us that frequent here. How many of you jabronis voted for Mitt? ( I know I did) of bunny hunting fame?

Its all fun and games, until you start losing wars.
Posted By: GeoW Re: For the Ben Carson supporters - 12/01/14
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Allen West

Acts a bit power hungry. As far as shootin perps, center mass works well.

For whatever reason people think it is a requirement to elect a black president, you need to pinch yourself and wake up.

Geo
I don't, and won't, vote on race/color. I'll vote for the one that EARNS my vote, and it's been a damned long time since any candidate did that (though, one Congressional candidate did just that this year).
Posted By: SCT Re: For the Ben Carson supporters - 12/01/14
Dr. Carson does not appear to be as much of an expert on law enforcement or firearms as he is on pediatric neurosurgery. I can forgive him for that. I'll bet he recognizes that fact as well. The nice part is, I can ignore his race and still believe he is qualified to be president. There are a couple of others I think I could vote for as well. Wether or not they get the nomination is a long way off.
Apparently Ben doesn't realize Brown was a gentle giant. The officer was never in any danger.
I'm not gonna google it but IIRC, the perp (can't remember his name either, don't make it a habit of remembering trash)

got hit in the hand or arm or something before the fatal wound

so looks like Wilson did as directed BC, so on to plan B
Posted By: SCT Re: For the Ben Carson supporters - 12/02/14
Good point. I believe he did have a very close range wound to the hand suggesting a struggle for the gun. I think the gentle giant had several opportunities to avoid the ultimate outcome.
As a gun expert, Dr Carson is a fine surgeon.
Posted By: SCT Re: For the Ben Carson supporters - 12/02/14
Good point. I believe he did have a very close range wound to the hand suggesting a struggle for the gun. I think the gentle giant had several opportunities to avoid the ultimate outcome.
Center mass or head, pelvis if you must. That's it.
You don't use lethal force if you don't want the outcome to be lethal. A defense lawyer would have a field day with that!

Also it has been well established the correct use of force and legal precedents that allow it's use set forth with cases like: Garner vs Tennessee, Graham vs Connor, Johnson vs Glick and a few others.

Carson is a politician who is arguing on emotion and ignorance not reality and facts. In other words Sit down and STFU Dr. Carson.
There is much wisdom here as if the thug has no knife or gun or

bruce lee knowledge then a shot or two as needed in the knee or

leg will shut him down untill he can be tased.

He would still be alive and the outcome would be the same!

It was all media Staged and the outcome was just that.

God Help us All .

Bob
Carson is a politician who is arguing on emotion and ignorance not reality and facts. In other words Sit down and STFU Dr. Carson.

This!
Posted By: GeoW Re: For the Ben Carson supporters - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by Ringman

This!

I know another politician who has done same for the last six years..
© 24hourcampfire