Home
More details here.

Looks like it will be everything from the beginning to date, with Walker triggers replaced with X mark pro's (see below).

For Models 700, Seven, Sportsman 78 and 673 rifles, the company will remove the original Walker trigger mechanism and replace it with a new X-Mark Pro mechanism.

For Models 710, 715 and 770, the company will remove the original trigger mechanism and replace it with a Model 770 connector-less mechanism.

For Models 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722 and 725, the company will provide vouchers of $12.50 or $10, depending on the model, redeemable for Remington products. These rifles are between 32 and 62 years old, and cannot be retrofitted with a connector-less trigger mechanism.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...455-bf0a-85ee1aedeec2.html#ixzz3LHiDzuDh
Originally Posted by K1500
... For Models 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722 and 725, the company will provide vouchers of $12.50 or $10, depending on the model, redeemable for Remington products. These rifles are between 32 and 62 years old, and cannot be retrofitted with a connector-less trigger mechanism.

"Here's $10 in RemBucks - Don't shoot your foot off and blame us."

Plan to keep the 722 just the way it is, and they can keep the RemBucks.
And I'd have to pay transfer fees when they ship it back since it must go through an FFL. No thanks.
Originally Posted by pira114
And I'd have to pay transfer fees when they ship it back since it must go through an FFL. No thanks.

Nope, they can legally send it right straight back to you.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by pira114

Nope, they can legally send it right straight back to you.

Yep
its shipping to the owner ,so no need for a ffl.

Looks like it will be everything from the beginning to date, with Walker triggers replaced with X mark pro's .....

I won't say it...... smile
More details here.

Looks like it will be everything from the beginning to date, with Walker triggers replaced with X mark pro's (see below).

For Models 700, Seven, Sportsman 78 and 673 rifles, the company will remove the original Walker trigger mechanism and replace it with a new X-Mark Pro mechanism.

For Models 710, 715 and 770, the company will remove the original trigger mechanism and replace it with a Model 770 connector-less mechanism.

For Models 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722 and 725, the company will provide vouchers of $12.50 or $10, depending on the model, redeemable for Remington products. These rifles are between 32 and 62 years old, and cannot be retrofitted with a connector-less trigger mechanism.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...455-bf0a-85ee1aedeec2.html#ixzz3LHiDzuDh

And I'll bet that in the fine print it reads that by accepting these "Rem Bucks" the firearm owner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Remington against any future claims of wrong doing.

twofish
What do you have to send back? Whole rifle?

What happens when you're rifle that's supposed to have a wart goes back and doesn't anymore?

They gonna go Ruger and replace it on you?
Originally Posted by Redneck

Looks like it will be everything from the beginning to date, with Walker triggers replaced with X mark pro's .....

Replace it with a faultless Win ?LOL
For those of you who missed it a while back, it appears CNBC is going to show their investigative report "Remington Under Fire" again.

No comment ... cool
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Redneck

Replace it with a faultless Win ?LOL
No, replace the Rem triggers with some (read: "any") other manufacturers' trigger..

Since you asked.. smile
you, safariman, savage_99, jorgeI all in agreement. starting to get the picture...

from Remington's web site: LINK

Remington Correction of CNBC Reporting

December 06, 2014

Yesterday afternoon, CNBC erroneously reported that Remington Arms was recalling 7.85 million rifles. This report was fundamentally inaccurate and, once again, CNBC did not comply with the most basic tenet of reporting � fact checking. Even a cursory review of the court filings would have revealed CNBC�s errors. That said, other news sources picked-up and repeated the misinformation about the proposed settlement. In response, the Plaintiffs� counsel immediately took steps to correct CNBC�s inaccuracies by clarifying the terms of the proposed settlement in their own press release, which, in part, stated:

These settlements are not recalls.
These settlements are not any admission that the products are defective or unsafe.

This economic settlement provides an avenue for consumers, who have certain Remington rifles, to voluntarily have a new trigger installed. As noted by the Plaintiffs, the benefits provided by the settlement will not be in place until after court approval.

Remington is issuing this press release today because it is important that the terms of the proposed economic settlement be accurately described, as Remington does not want its customers to be confused or misled.

Further, and contrary to CNBC�s story, it is undisputed that the Remington Model 700 is the best-selling American-made, bolt-action rifle of all time. The Model 700 has also been and continues to be the tactical sniper rifle of choice for the U.S. armed forces and special operators and is widely used by state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Many of you remember Jack Belk. He's a well known Idaho gunsmith who's been an expert witness in a number of the Remington lawsuits. He was a long time member of the Fire. I had him look at the trigger on my dad's old 721 that had once fired when Dad took off the safety. Luckily he had it pointed in a safe direction.
I have no idea what that trigger looks like inside but he epoxied 2 pieces together. He said it's a permanent fix for the problem. I'm sure some of you know what he's talking about because I sure don't.
backdoor registration.the feds are prohibited from keeping serial numbers on gun owners. There is no law against remington service turning over their service records.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Many of you remember Jack Belk. He's a well known Idaho gunsmith who's been an expert witness in a number of the Remington lawsuits. He was a long time member of the Fire. I had him look at the trigger on my dad's old 721 that had once fired when Dad took off the safety. Luckily he had it pointed in a safe direction.
I have no idea what that trigger looks like inside but he epoxied 2 pieces together. He said it's a permanent fix for the problem. I'm sure some of you know what he's talking about because I sure don't.

He just made the connector one piece by epoxying it . The newer 700 triggers are all one piece.

Went to my Local Walmart and all they had were Salvages on hand, seems they shipped all their 700's back to Remington. I wonder if Remington will survive this recall. I bet only a few hundred thousand rifles make it back to them since most of the older rifles have been either scrapped,modified to accept new triggers or the owners will just refuse to send them in.
Some have mentioned in the 13 page long thread that the 700 bolt locks when the safety is engaged.
I just went out to my safe and checked my one and only 700. I cycled the unloaded action 5 times, set and released the safety 5 times. Pulled trigger with safety on and released 5 times, no problem. Pounded pretty good on the floor with safety on and off, no problem.
Now my bolt does NOT lock with the safety on. I thought from reading here that that was a Remington feature.
My rifle is a 700P. I've never messed with the trigger. I don't really care for the trigger but can't express why other than it doesn't feel familiar.
Was there a trigger Remington used that allowed the bolt to open with the safety engaged?
Now my bolt does NOT lock with the safety on. I thought from reading here that that was a Remington feature.

It was on the older ones. I do not know what year that it changed but I have one of each. miles
I have no idea what that trigger looks like inside but he epoxied 2 pieces together. He said it's a permanent fix for the problem.

Sounds like a niche for some gunsmith, if that is a reliable fix. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton

It was on the older ones. I do not know what year that it changed but I have one of each. miles

Thanks

The 721 bolt won't open with the safety on.
soundslike a deal. what am I missing?
To no one in particular.

I have a rem.700 and yep it is chambered in the dreaded 270 win.

The only time it will go somewhere is when i am carrying it on a hunting trip.

The trigger has not been adjusted at all,it does get taken down and cleaned before it gets sighted in.
I don't plan on getting another but there are are other triggers out there if one so desires.
Did you see the part about 12.5 million for the attorneys? Pigs.
Yes an I heard today that Savage is recalling all their guns because of great quality an grouping .They will be using Remington parts
Originally Posted by smarquez
Some have mentioned in the 13 page long thread that the 700 bolt locks when the safety is engaged.
I just went out to my safe and checked my one and only 700. I cycled the unloaded action 5 times, set and released the safety 5 times. Pulled trigger with safety on and released 5 times, no problem. Pounded pretty good on the floor with safety on and off, no problem.
My rifle is a 700P. I've never messed with the trigger. I don't really care for the trigger but can't express why other than it doesn't feel familiar.
Was there a trigger Remington used that allowed the bolt to open with the safety engaged?

In the bolt handle notch there will be a space between the stock and action , a metal tab that is part of the safety will lock into a notch that is milled at the root of the bolt handle. If there is no notch on the bolt then a gunsmith can grind one in and you could then buy a safety kit somewhere, I think Ultralight arms sells one thru Brownells.
I have no idea what that trigger looks like inside but he epoxied 2 pieces together. He said it's a permanent fix for the problem.

Here's a diagram posted by former member and gunsmith Malm.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

[Linked Image]

May he rest in peace . Great guy
Originally Posted by teal

What happens when you're rifle that's supposed to have a wart goes back and doesn't anymore?

Remington was replacing the firing pin assembly under warrantee ten years ago...
I have an old Remington adl it is in 25/06 I adjusted the trigger years ago, never problem with the rifle, I got it second hand and it has the bolt lock, just a piece of metal that pops up and stops bolt from opening with safety on, I think it was made in the 70's I think.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

[Linked Image]

May he rest in peace . Great guy

Yes he was.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Rock Chuck,

that was refreshing, and useful. thanks for posting that.

Sycamore

[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting that.

Sycamore
The "problem" with the Walker trigger is at point B in the diagram. If something like a grain of sand (dirt, gummy oil, ice, etc) gets in that position, then the disconnector cannot return to position and can allow an AD. It is extremely unlikely but is possible.

By simply gluing the disconnector to the trigger itself, there is no longer any space for dust to intrude. This was the "5 cent" fix that Walker told Remington of way back in the 1960s. Just make it a one-piece unit and there is no problem.
Rem has this all screwed up - no need for this recall. There are several guys on this forum who have stated and argued that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that trigger/safety setup. If they see this thread, they probably will again state their case, with factual verification.
© 24hourcampfire