Home
Was clean shaven the day I became a house husband, and have just trimmed a wild one every now and then.
Was expecting a cold winter and wanted some good face protection while chasing ducks and geese.
No cold, but diggin the beard.

Might see how long itll grow before I cant stand it anymore!
My ugly mug about 3 weeks ago.
[Linked Image]
I've gotten a wild hair, and tried that myself a time or two. About 1 1/2 months is all I can take before I trim it back down short............ eek
Lived in Alaska a couple times for about 10 years. Tried it and I just felt dirty with it on. I can cover my face when cold.
If you look down and can't see your beard,
you ain't doin' it right. cool
How much Levi Garrett ya got in it??
Haven't shaved for years, but kept my beard knocked down regularly with electric clippers.
Retired just a couple months ago and haven't used the clippers for a while,
and I notice a few women smiling at me when I'm out ... or imagine.
I am due for a trim, I guess.
well the dog looks good!! wink

Whatever you do please do NOT use that get the grey out junk. I used it a couple of years ago and wound up at the doc in a box with a serious reaction that called for steroids and the inability to shave for a month. Felt and looked like I had a severely bad poison ivy voodoo mojo underneath all of my beard.
i cut my hunting season beard off today since its the end of the regular season. feels great. i started a hunting beard tradition years ago, but a couple months of wearing one is all i can take. feels like a crust on my face.
Tried the beard this summer and once I got past the itches it was ok. Finally shaved it off though. It's the in-tween that killed me.
Well. all I can say is, Trap sure looks well groomed compared to you!
I am working on one right now. I have a group of Varsity scouts I am taking to a Mountain Man rendezvous in March and want to look the part. I am doing the mennonite thing this time.
I'm growing my winter protection right now. I DO still trim it, as I am on public display at my job. The winter no haircut deal is harder for me. I kinda look homeless.
I've been sporting a beard for pert-near forty years but keep it trimmed. I wouldn't recognize myself with out it!
I had my goatee down to my chest but it started scaring people. I shaved it all off now. I'm tempted to re grow it but it is always a challenge when eating soup, cereal, blowing your nose ect. that reminds me that I probably won't let it grow that long again?
I'm into mine about two months now. Wife said it made me look younger, I said how much, she said about a year. I've had a mustache for over 50 years, but never a beard. I'll probably keep growing till I get back from my Alabama deer hunt the middle of January.
I refuse to shave between October 1 and March 1. The rest of the year is optional. I don't like wearing a beard as much as I hate shaving.
I try to grow a beard and always have to shave. End up afraid someone will shoot me for having mange.
I've had a beard for the last 26 years. Shaved it off twice or three times just because, for a day or two. Mustache has always been on the weak side though.

About 15 years ago, I decided to not cut it for awhile, at least a year was my goal, just for science. wink I'd post a picture, but unfortunately when my ex left (no relation to the beard thing), she took every picture album I had for spite and I haven't seen them since.

In fact, when I attended a friends wedding as the Best Man, it looked like Brett Keisel of the Pittsburg Steelers beard, and I hadn't made it to a year yet.

I was working in Tennessee at the time and often confused for being Mennonite (think "Amish" further north). Got pulled over once for a random check by the Highway Patrol, the guy did a double take when he saw the drivers license photo and said, "Whoa! Quite a change!"

After 18 months or 2 years, I finally cut back to a more socially acceptable beard.
October was 2 years without trimming. I have to knock the 'stash back every once in a while but otherwise leave it alone.
I've had a beard since about 82, while still in the Army.
Its been off a few times, but was always short and trimmed nicely. A wahl beard trimmed worked great!
I had to shave for an H2s location, the day before I decided to give the oil field up and stay at home.
Started it back and just let it go.
The stash stays cut, as I don't like it over my lip.
Im old, and the grey will stay. None to hide it from or impress.
Wife likes the whole grey/length thing, so that's all that matters.
Never had it this long, so it does feel kinda different.
And no backie juice is in it, I don't chew.

And I have the weather channel on right now, and WOW, does she have some legs!!!
My wife has never seen me without a beard, and probably never will. My kids do not remember what I looked like without one as I grew it when they were pretty small.

Had a full beard at first, now a Goatee for the past 15 years or so. I have ALWAYS kept my mustache trimmed away from my lip, whiskers over a lip is gross and unkept looking. My wife tells me that no woman would want to kiss a mouth/lips with whiskers growing over it.

I have let my chin whiskers grow a bit longer since retireing and again riding Harleys, but my sweetie likes it a bit shorter, so shorter it is.
A little over three years growth on my beard this time. Come close to shaving it completely off a few times but haven't mainly because I'm afraid our two youngest grandkids, 4yrs and 1yr, wouldn't recognize me without it.

After mine gets to a certain length it seems to slow down growing, starts splitting ends, breaking off, and always shedding loose whiskers. I really need to trim it back some now just to even it up.

Personally, I never noticed just a full beard by itself being very much warmer in cold weather. For me, simply not doing the daily close shave thing then going out in the cold makes the biggest felt difference.

When your beard gets some length to it it can be pretty scary seeing yourself in the mirror some mornings after waking up with a bad hair day and a bad beard day both at the same time.

A good beard day is when you find hair in it that isn't yours.
my kids are 32(twin girls)and have never seen me clean shaved.
Looking good splatter! Kind of breaks up the monotony of your, uh....face. smile
I trim mine every so often. I like it a little longer in the winter, a bit shorter when it warms back up. Have worn whiskers for many, many years now.
This picture was in November, over at my Son's house.
[Linked Image]
Brush it, use conditioner, and occasionally trim the ends slightly to cut off the split ends to allow healthy part to grow. Eating proper nutrition helps hair/nails grow as well. This may help?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I trim mine every so often. I like it a little longer in the winter, a bit shorter when it warms back up. Have worn whiskers for many, many years now.
This picture was in November, over at my Son's house.
[Linked Image]

Glad to see Santa Claus is a shooter too. laugh
Every year since I was in my early 30s I would shave on my birthday/first day of fall and I don't shave again till the first day of spring. this year I started a month early. its about 3.5" long, red with a few greys here and there. My plan is to eventually let my nose and ear hairs go and just comb them into the beard to blend so I don't have to buy those rotary nose hair trimmers.
I grow a beard starting every fall and it's gone in the spring. Some years I've let it pretty much go and it's pretty untamed and quite thick. Last few years I start trimming it after a month or so.

It used to be when I'd shave it off I'd look younger, don't know what happened as it no longer seams to have the same effect?

© 24hourcampfire