Home
.......for my nephew. He's 49, hard worker, dedicated husband, totally pro-gun and solid conservative.

Worried about something at work this last Sunday - he suited up (leathers, boots, helmet) and began to ride his motorcycle to work; about 15 mns away from his home in Jacksonville, FL.. Probably due to what was on his mind re: work he must have failed to notice another car that (as far as I know to date) went through a stop sign and hit him broadside..

He's pretty busted up, but will live.. Today my sister calls and says the docs in FL are pressuring him to sign some forms that would allow them to amputate his foot..

I'm taking them to the airport at 6:30 tomorrow am and they're flying down there to get to the hospital. I'll know more then.. Man, I sure hope they won't have to do that..

Damn, damn, damn, damn...
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Prayers
Mine also.
He has them.
sent from here.
Incoming from Michigan.
Hey Redneck,

I am very sorry to hear of this accident. Prayers sent from N.C.
You got'em, Pard. Never a good time but this time of the year is especially bad for that sort of thing.
Prayers on the way

Prayers sent Northward.
Y'all got prayers on the way.
Prayers sent
Praying now
Lee, we went through this in my family, not long ago with a Cousin. It's terrible, and yes, prayers are on the way.
On the way from here.
Prayers and hope for the best.

Wayne
Lee,

Prayers from ID that he can recovery quickly.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Incoming from Michigan.

Make it 2 Red.
Will do Lee, prayers sent.
Man, that is a tough deal. Praying right now and will continue to do so.
Ouch---sent!

Godspeed to your nephew and the extended families!!
Sent from here as well!
Prayers sent!!
Praying from here brother
Done.
Prayers of healing offered.
Done.
Prayers offered, very sorry to hear.
Done.

Done.
Done here. Jeff
Done in Texas
Done
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Lee,

Prayers from ID that he can recovery quickly.

YEP
Prayers from Washington State!
Prayers sent.
Prayers for him and the family.
Originally Posted by Redneck
.......for my nephew. He's 49, hard worker, dedicated husband, totally pro-gun and solid conservative.

Worried about something at work this last Sunday - he suited up (leathers, boots, helmet) and began to ride his motorcycle to work; about 15 mns away from his home in Jacksonville, FL.. Probably due to what was on his mind re: work he must have failed to notice another car that (as far as I know to date) went through a stop sign and hit him broadside..

He's pretty busted up, but will live.. Today my sister calls and says the docs in FL are pressuring him to sign some forms that would allow them to amputate his foot..

I'm taking them to the airport at 6:30 tomorrow am and they're flying down there to get to the hospital. I'll know more then.. Man, I sure hope they won't have to do that..

Prayers being sent up.... I know of a gentleman here that went through a similar situation this summer. Motorcycle accident, lost a foot.....He was a pole climber for the power company...... He will ( and your nephew) have some adjustment but any lost limb is better then a lost life. Hopefully his foot can be saved.
INCOMING!

Prayers sent.
Done!
Done from Mississippi. I've got several buds that I work with that are bike riders; with the crazy drivers we have around here I feel like they're really hanging it out.
Prayers on the way.
Done friend!

Mike
You got 'em from here Redneck
Done Lee. I hope he doesn't lose his foot.
Praying
Prayers for your nephew and your family.
Prayers lifted...
Prayers on the way for your nephew, his parents, and family....
You and they have mine.
Redneck, I pray that everything works out for the best for him and that he's back to normal soon.
Done.
I will be praying for him.

Jim
More prayers from Michigan. Al
Done RN.
^
Headed you're way Redneck.....sorry to hear about this.
Praying for a full recovery Lee.

Trey
Just saw this!
Of course your nephew has my prayers! Sent for all concerned!

Prayers from me too.
Prayers on the way Lee. Hope the foot can be saved and he heals up fast.

Bob
Prayers sent from Texas.

On the way

GTC
Prayers sent.
wow Lee, sorry to hear of this, life can change in an instant for any of us.

prayers offered up in their behalf

though experience has taught often the darkest doors we're forced to walk through leads us to rooms where the light is brighter.

certainly hope that's the result of this.

wish him and the family all the best
Prayers sent.
sorry this is belated Redneck, but prayers for the family and prayers for the gentleman's swift and speedy recovery...
Done.
Originally Posted by Redneck

Nancy and I ask;

Please God give your power to Redneck's nephew and help him cope with whatever path the surgeons feel necessary. Give the surgeons the strength to make the "right" choices. And lastly give the family the courage to persevere. Thank you.
Damn. I hate to hear this Lee. I will definitely keep your nephew and family in our prayers.
Checking back to offer more prayers and to see if you have an update for us Lee.
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Damn. I hate to hear this Lee. I will definitely keep your nephew and family in our prayers.

+1 million
You got them on the was from MN Lee. I wish him the best!
Prayers for Strength and Faith and Healing..

g
Praying now...
I won't know much more until Kay gets to the hospital. I drove them to the airport at 6:30 this morning and they won't arrive in Jacksonville until some time after 12 noon..

But I will post back when I have some news..

In the meantime, thank you all for the prayers. Kurt's going to need 'em..
Prayers and best wishes

Ernie
Sorry to hear that bud. Hoping for the best for the nephew.
prayers sent
Prayers sent
Prayers offered up.
God's peace and healing. Amen.
Prayers lifted up from here.

Ed
Done from here, friend.
Lee...your nephew and his family, including yourself, have my best wishes for a speedy recovery and all of you will remain in my thoughts.
Redneck: Prayers sent and thats good news he will live!
Adding to the sadness is the proximity to Christmas - tough for the whole family - more prayers sent for them and you.
Stay strong.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I called my sister last night. Long story short, it's about a 90% chance they'll amputate somewhere below the knee. Today they're doing as assessment of the damage to arteries, veins etc in the ankle/foot area to find out if they can be repaired enough to save the foot and ankle, but then - if they do - he's looking at several surgeries, nearly 8 months of healing/rehabilitation and then the outcome is not, by any means, guaranteed.. Then something about a 'skin flap' (whatever that is) needed to be removed from one area to be grafted/placed over another area to replace lost flesh on his leg..

It all sounds horrible to me.. I feel so bad for him. He's at a trauma center somehow connected to Florida University (IIRC) and supposed to be extremely good at their work..

This - along with Mickey's passing is a little hard to deal with today.. I'm sorry boys..
Prayers for your nephew, family and yourself, my friend!
Prayers sent Lee, good luck to your nephew.
Prayers for guidance, healing and strength for your family and all involved including you.

twofish
Sent
Prayers sent.
Thank God he will pull through. Prayers sent.
© 24hourcampfire