Home
and greatly diminish the size of the Campfire topic column? Any fix for my iMac would be appreciated.
Yea, this is a real Christmas pain in the A@@! Thanks Rick!!
Makes you want to support our sponsors.....
just started 2 days ago. pia
Yes, its a simple virus that adds an extension to your mac.

The very good popup blocker ad block didnt correct it, even if increased to "maximum" in the adblock prefs.

OPen your browser (Chrome, for example). Use the top bar to navigate to the preferences. on the left column, you will see an extensions tab. click it. review your extensions... there is most likely (if i am correct) an extension loaded that ought not be there.

delete it.

if you dont have adblock, go get it. its free, and while it didnt rectify this problem, its a great thing to have regardless.

hope it helps.
Cant add ad blocker due to being on a work computer and dont have admin rights.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Ad block doesnt fix it, as I mentioned. it is worth getting though.

To fix, see my previous post re removing the unwanted extension.

If you dont have admin rights to do either of the above, you probably shouldnt be surfing 24HCF anyway.

Adblock for iOS. 3 or 4 bucks on Apple store. It's an alternate browser. Just works, no problem on iPhone or iPad.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Ad block doesnt fix it, as I mentioned. it is worth getting though.

To fix, see my previous post re removing the unwanted extension.

If you dont have admin rights to do either of the above, you probably shouldnt be surfing 24HCF anyway.

So what am I supposed to do while I am sitting here for 12 hours, waiting for the radio to go off?

Just cause I cant add/delete programs doesnt mean I cant surf the internet.
So what am I supposed to do while I am sitting here for 12 hours, waiting for the radio to go off?

Just cause I cant add/delete programs doesnt mean I cant surf the internet.

OK, in that case... use the net to learn how to crack the admin password so you can delete/turnoff the malware extension you got while downloading torrents! ;-)
Isn't this something Rick should be fixing? I can see vertigo in my future.
Originally Posted by deerstalker
just started 2 days ago. pia

Yes about 4 for me.
This is like electronic water boarding. I'm out.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Yes, its a simple virus that adds an extension to your mac.

The very good popup blocker ad block didnt correct it, even if increased to "maximum" in the adblock prefs.

OPen your browser (Chrome, for example). Use the top bar to navigate to the preferences. on the left column, you will see an extensions tab. click it. review your extensions... there is most likely (if i am correct) an extension loaded that ought not be there.

delete it.

if you dont have adblock, go get it. its free, and while it didnt rectify this problem, its a great thing to have regardless.

hope it helps.

Kinda like getting a Kimber to get down range with a semblance of accuracy...
© 24hourcampfire