Home
Posted By: wildbill59 For all the non drinkers - 12/30/14
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20141228/PC16/141229491
Posted By: rem141r Re: For all the non drinkers - 12/30/14
you'd think a 60 y/o man who happened to be a friggen sheriff would know better. you'd think, but you'd be wrong.
Posted By: Seafire Re: For all the non drinkers - 12/30/14
OOOOPS....
Well, that's interesting. But, you gotta remember, Sheriffs are politicians. Chief county law enforcement officers yes, but still politicians. The High Sheriff "should" be above reproach and take great pride in that status. Many of them are and do. But, by their very nature, most politicians aren't.

Alan
Our state AG put her gubbermint car in the ditch drunk off her azz a couple years ago. We had a sheriff up north recently drive drunk into a ditch. guy keeps his job. I get a DUI, I lose my license and job for good. Shouldn't the sheep dogs be held to a higher set of standards or get an easy pass on excuses?
Posted By: JMR40 Re: For all the non drinkers - 12/30/14
Gonna be interesting with the trooper making an illegal arrest. The law is the same here in GA. Only the county coroner has the the legal authority to arrest the Sheriff. The trooper should have detained him and made a call for the proper procedure. This may, or may not make for a legal loophole.
Since his Dept. is heavily subsidized by the Feds, they call the shots now. Kinda like the Guard was taken over around WW1.The elimination of Posse Comitatus should be a clue as to who pulls the strings.
Posted By: byc Re: For all the non drinkers - 12/30/14
Originally Posted by wildbill59
For all the non drinkers

HUH?
© 24hourcampfire