Home
I thought I was doing quite well two weeks ago when I found #2 Diesel at a station across the Oregon Line (only ten miles away)for only $2.99 and filled both tanks for under $100.00. But yesterday, while out and about I noticed that both tanks were very low so rumbled across the state line again and this time it was only $2.79/gallon! Both tanks were at about 1/8 full and getting them both topped off came to only $78.00. I was and still am pretty jazzed about that. And for a truck that will sneak above 20MPG on the freeway if not loaded up much and will pull our camping trailer while sipping away at only about 13-15MPG, terrain and speed dependant.

Some Seattle Times numbskull wrote a piece that was published in our Sunday paper last week about how not everyone is thrilled with cheap gas and Diesel. He named environmentalists and Saudi's as being among the people who do not like this scenario.

Anyone here care to guess how very LITTLE I give a rip about those two population groups and their opinions or 'pain'???? wink

I liked my 7.3L Ford a whole bunch BEFORE these prices hit us, I am really diggin it now.

I am not allowing myself to believe that this will be the case for too very long, but I can sure hope. Cheap gas should be good for the economy excepting in places where extracting oil is expensive but overall, should be a boon.

I hope the Fracking guys can still make a profit with oil at these prices. But either way,

LONG LIVE CHEAP GAS AND DIESEL! grin
I was in town the other day and saw gas at some of the cut-rate places for $1.99. Gas at the major stations was $2.03 and up.

Hope it keeps going down!
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I was in town the other day and saw gas at some of the cut-rate places for $1.99. Gas at the major stations was $2.03 and up.

Hope it keeps going down!

Amen to that! I really never thought I would see $2.00/gallon gas again in my lifetime.

God Bless America!
I filled the big Chevy 2500 gasser for $38.50 at 1.81/gal today.
Originally Posted by tmax264
I filled the big Chevy 2500 gasser for $38.50 at 1.81/gal today.

Wow.... that is just amazing.

6 months ago I would have bet folding money that we would never again see such prices.

I am going to text Rufous from here (real name Brian and one of my best freinds), who works in the fraking fields of Dakota, and see if this is affecting them at all.
Originally Posted by safariman
Some Seattle Times numbskull wrote a piece that was published in our Sunday paper last week about how not everyone is thrilled with cheap gas and Diesel. He named environmentalists and Saudi's as being among the people who do not like this scenario.

Anyone here care to guess how very LITTLE I give a rip about those two population groups and their opinions or 'pain'????

Care to guess how very little I give a rip whether you give a rip or not?

The writer from Seattle is a nitwit, but not for the reasons you think. The Saudis could give a rip. They're not going to suffer, no matter what. But there are other demographics that low prices will hurt. Lots of people right here in the USA are riding the boom. If prices stay low, some will be unemployed.
Discussed here, safariman.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/9451249
Originally Posted by smokepole

Anyone here care to guess how very LITTLE I give a rip about those two population groups and their opinions or 'pain'????

The writer from Seattle is a nitwit, but not for the reasons you think. The Saudis could give a rip. They're not going to suffer, no matter what. But there are other demographics that low prices will hurt. Lots of people right here in the USA are riding the boom. If prices stay low, some will be unemployed.
Anybody that thinks lower-priced fuel is bad is either totally out for themselves or an idiot.
re: my previous post: To wit.
Aint life good!

Saw gas for 2.04 today.....

Low fuel cost help us all. Filled up the wife's car for less than $25 and my truck for less than $35 this week.

God Bless us all and especially those guys working in the Dakota oil fields

Thanks, I missed that one. Been away from any computers for a while. When that thread started I was in the Everglades with my son and his family. I could not get my laptop to hook up to any lines but that was OK as I was there to play with my grandkids.

I came home to find these bottomed out prices, I guess they tanked while I was away.

As to my promise to text my ND oil field worker freind, I did and he says that while there have been no slowdowns in work that he can see himelf yet, there are rumblings and worry. He also said that he is on the job tonight and the temps will be -8 or so and with wind chill factored in, minus 25!

I really feel bad for him having to work in that crap, but I am glad he has a good paying job. I tried to duck hunt in minus weather once time, and it was a beeatch. Any skin exposed HURT, and like RIGHT NOW it hurt. I am sure he has the right clothing and gear, but dayum, that is too cold.

While he and his crew have not been slowed or layed off, it might be true (probably is true) that most oil field companies are standing pat for now and not putting in more crews or doing much hiring right now.

I love the cheap fuel, but everything, it seems, is a double edged sword.

Well, if the price of beef keeps going up, maybe they can go to work for the cow people.
Gas is around $2.00 a gallon in the Boise area, but in our little town it is hovering around $2.50 which is a constant source of debate. I think diesel locally is still close to $4.00 a gallon, unfortunately.

Any relief is appreciated and although I know the prices will rise again, I'll take what I can get for now.
Diesel was $2.95 here in N.Texas today. Gas is $1.89
Enjoy it while you can. Short term gain, for long term pain IMO.
Originally Posted by Calvin

This is going to be how it works out. It may last 12-18 months, but when it's over it stands to be bad.
diesel around here varies from $3.30 a gallon or so at truck stops.... to down to $2.59 at stations, that pump diesel but are not big enough to get semis in there...

the Diesel P/Up guys and the VW Diesel drivers are grooving on it big time...

Figure the IRS just raised the 2015 mileage deduction rate to $0.575/mile.

Now, would they do that if gas prices were expected to remain this low?
Safariman, apparently you didn't fill up in central Wy., we're still getting "screwed" here!!!!
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Anybody that thinks lower-priced fuel is bad is either totally out for themselves or an idiot.

Anyone who thinks I said "lower priced fuel is bad" is a moron.

Thanks, I missed that one. Been away from any computers for a while. When that thread started I was in the Everglades with my son and his family. I could not get my laptop to hook up to any lines but that was OK as I was there to play with my grandkids.

Gee whiz. That's really weird. Asphalt Angel posted from Florida. Didn't you see her there?
Just drove from the Rio Grande Valley to Southern Missouri. Saw a few places that was over $2/gal. Most gas was from 1.99 to 1.79 a gallon. I was glad to see it at 1.79 when I got home. Made the trip a lot cheaper than the past.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Figure the IRS just raised the 2015 mileage deduction rate to $0.575/mile.

Now, would they do that if gas prices were expected to remain this low?

The way I see it, this is what's happening:

The big investment banks are putting forth a lot of bad press to artificially knock down the price of oil. Meanwhile, they are shaking out all the weak investors. It'll continue until they have their full positions and own a lot of shares of good companies. This is how they transfer ownership from mom/pop investors to themselves at a very discounted rate. Then, you'll start to see upgrades and press about "the glut not being so bad", "demand increasing", and "supply shortage". Price will spike very quickly, as will all associated stock prices. Price will surge higher than it's been, and the only winners will be the big investment banks.

This is how the big boys do it. They can't make money in the market this year, as it's topped out. So they drive down oil, buy energy stocks cheap, and then talk it back up again. It'll just take 1 upgrade and you'll see a surge like you won't believe.
There's an old saying that you never try to catch a falling knife but Calvin just nailed it.
Buy Chevron,Schlumberger and Halliburton today.
Go hunting to your hearts content in about 5-6 years.
Oil and gas are a gator's back with high and low points every 5-6 years.
Been that way since I was a worm roughneck and will likely be that way long after I'm gone.
© 24hourcampfire