Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
I'll take a Winchester... smile
Watch the video, you may be under gunned.
OK so I'll call for CAS... smile
That guy is fun to watch and fast,

This guy is inspiring he took the Silver medal in 2012.

I remember beating that kid up on the playground at school....
Holy sh-t!
I shoot a horsebow much like the one in the video. Just not anything near that good.
He could probably surprise a couple guys, and stick them before they reacted, but a third guy's going to finish him. And if he tried some of those stunts with broadheads, he'd bleed to death from practice. smile
This made me laugh...I hate it when I'm running after deer thru the forest and upchuck my quiver full of arrows...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
He could probably surprise a couple guys, and stick them before they reacted, but a third guy's going to finish him. And if he tried some of those stunts with broadheads, he'd bleed to death from practice. smile

Watch the video again. At one point he has a whole handful of two bladed broad heads.

I shoot a longbow and I am intrigued by his methods. I know when I was a kid and just messing around when I picked up a bow, I would want to put the arrow on the right side. Have any kid pick up a bow for the first time and that is what they will do. That is much faster and eliminates a lot of the archer's paradox. Thus, you can shoot pretty much any arrow from any bow and don't have to worry about spines and all that.

Another thing everyone will do is try to pluck the string as a draw method. That is pretty much all you are doing with a thumb ring.

In short, his method and the ancient methods seem a lot more natural than what we do now in traditional archery.
Cage match between him and someone equally skilled with a carbine? smile
Originally Posted by BarryC
Cage match between him and someone equally skilled with a carbine? Jerry Miculek smile
Pretty impressive skills for sure. Makes you wonder how good the archers really were back then. I shoot a recurve sometimes but never tried anytjj go outside the orthodox manner of shooting. Bet it takes some time to get anywhere near that good though.
That was a very interesting video. I don't think ANYONE would be better armed with a bow. What I do think is he has learned how the bow was best employed in battle in the days when the bow reigned supreme. Very interesting video.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I remember beating that kid up on the playground at school....

That certainly explains his dedication.

Travis
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Pretty impressive skills for sure. Makes you wonder how good the archers really were back then. I shoot a recurve sometimes but never tried anytjj go outside the orthodox manner of shooting. Bet it takes some time to get anywhere near that good though.

Some of the guys at the Fort. Dodge, Iowa Horsebow shoots were very good and on a horse at the same time.
The Mongolian horse armies were unstoppable in open country.
Rambo used a compound.

Dave
Originally Posted by BarryC
Cage match between him and someone equally skilled with a carbine? smile

Lucas McCain!!! grin
Originally Posted by deflave
Rambo used a compound.

Dave
It's the only thing Chuck Norris would let him have.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'll take a Winchester... smile

I'll take a 45 lol

Adair shoots 100 arrows a day.

He better take it up a notch.

Travis
Cool video CJ, many many moons ago I read a book that told of a Indian that would catch his enemies arrows and shoot them with it, of course I thought this was just a tall tail but now it looks like the story has some merit.
Lars is hell with a bow...but if you look closely and watch his movements, he's actually a bit of a klutz, coordination wise. He has hand-eye down well, but he moves like one of those guys in high school who were always picked last for any game involving a ball.
He probably figured out at a very early age that he was never gonna get any puzzy, so he turned to the bow.

Travis
you notice the bow has no pulleys or cables
That sumbeech is SPASTIC!!
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Lars is hell with a bow...but if you look closely and watch his movements, he's actually a bit of a klutz, coordination wise. He has hand-eye down well, but he moves like one of those guys in high school who were always picked last for any game involving a ball.

I have a hard time calling a guy that can grab a flying arrow a clutz, or one that can shoot an incoming arrow out of the air.
He is very good. But I agree his movements other than with the bow look spastic.
He faster with his bow than 99% of us are with a gun
He probably figured out at a very early age that he was never gonna get any puzzy, so he turned to the bow.

Travis

A man has to get his priorities in order.
The only reason that guy would beat 99% of pistol shooters is because 99% of shooters suck balls at shooting a pistol.
Awesome skill!
3 arrows in a second and a half.
He still throws like a girl...
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
He is very good. But I agree his movements other than with the bow look spastic.

Thankfully, none of us here on the fire is overweight or or not in perfect shape and form, and half of us can better Klutzy Lars....

....or whatever. wink
Yeah, who the hell is arrogant enough to care... the results speak for themselves...I could care less what it looks like to get there.

I'm a clutz too, and ain't good lookin... hasn't stopped me from winning a match or two...

The arrow can be beautiful, but its still the indian shooitng it that matters.
PS thanks for the link. Wife and I watched it again. Amazing shooting.
I'll take a scoped .308 and 500 yards Alex.
Heck, I ain't looking at my copy of "Rip Ford's Texas", the memoirs of the Ranger Captain of that name, but that video brings to life his description of rapid-fire Comanche arrows, fired from a bow held horizontally in the hand, shooting by "instinct" rather than by sighting down the arrow.
He says that the ultimate trick is to shoot at an incoming arrow and split it in two. What's to keep the incoming arrow from splitting YOUR arrow in two?
Ace Adair made a video too.

That guy's badass! Who does that remind you of?
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Two guys from Oregon...

Clark

The drive-by on the motorcycle was bad-azz.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Two guys from Oregon...
Clark

Just like a stoopid fookin Montanan to mistake two pollocks for Oregonians.

WTH happened to Adair anyway? Haven't seen him here in some time, I found him amusing.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The only reason that guy would beat 99% of pistol shooters is because 99% of shooters suck balls at shooting a pistol.

I don't understand your point. I agree 99% of shooters can't shoot. That is why he would beat them. If 100% couldn't shoot, he'd beat 100% of them.
I gotta wonder how much this guy spends on arrows....

Being flu flus, not much I'd bargain. They don't go very far...
Thanks for the link. That was very cool!
I would like to see a guy with a pistol jump up and grab a cartridge -chamber it and fire and hit the target while still in the air. ED K
Originally Posted by T LEE
I'll take a scoped .308 and 500 yards Alex.

Totally agree with this. Maybe even a bit furhter than 500.....

but you gotta admit, his ability with his chosen weapon has to be top 1% or better.

The Miculek of the bow....
loved that video,

the guy has mad skills

felt like I was watching Lord of the rings and the blond haired pointy eared guy got a haircut and his ears fixed

really enjoyed watching that, thanks for posting Marlin

WOW!
I wonder if he has mastered the ancient art of putting his penis in a woman's vagina?
That guy is dangerous. There needs to be a law against him having a bow.
Lars looks like a goof, especially with some of the stunts he does, but what he can do is nothing to laugh at.

Moving the arrow to the right hand side and holding and shooting multiple arrows accurately is damn impressive.

That was a good video.
after watching the video again, I have to ask - is everything this guy does legit or is this some elaborate video prank?

catching an arrow out of the air? shooting an air in the air with another arrow?

That's like comic book super hero stuff.

more power to him if he's legit - I'll be the first to say the man is amazing.
Originally Posted by KFWA
after watching the video again, I have to ask - is everything this guy does legit or is this some elaborate video prank?

catching an arrow out of the air? shooting an air in the air with another arrow?

That's like comic book super hero stuff.

more power to him if he's legit - I'll be the first to say the man is amazing.

ive seen others do it so guessing he is one of the few that can......if you have excellent hand eye coordination and the arrow is being shot from a lower poundage bow catching one isnt as hard as it sounds....not easy by any stretch but far from impossible
Cool bird video, the guy didn't miss even once! whistle

Suspect the lens was chosen to make the shots look longer but really cool in any case.

Then there was the episode where Tred Barta goes goose hunting. They edited in a couple shots of the guide who was about to explode trying to not laugh his ass off.
© 24hourcampfire