Home
Posted By: Scott F BIL Update II - 01/29/15
The doctors have changed their story. The brain cancer is not curable but it may be treatable. If nothing is done he may have two months. With the best case treatment he could go on another two years but this kind of cancer is so rare they do not have enough data to really judge. The first treatment may be as early as Friday and may kill him. If the tumours start bleeding he is gone and that may happen.

Mi wife is home tonight for the second night in ten days. She is exhausted and needed a shower and a nights rest before going back.

I have been sick in bed since Friday. Today is the first day I felt like getting up but I am on the mend. Tough times in our family.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: djs Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Take care Scott. I hope for the best - for all.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
prayers sent from here.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers on the way....
Posted By: Scotty Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Will continue to pray.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Dang! When it rains, sure enough it pours. Praying for all of ya'll.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers continue, Scott.

Ed
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers sent...
Posted By: TheBlueMountainApe Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Best wishes
Posted By: bcolorado Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
That loud knocking oh Heavens Door is the combined prayer of the 'fire for your BIL.

I will continue to join the combined prayer that God's will be done with your BIL.
Posted By: Huntr Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Praying here as well!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers from here, buddy!
From me and "The Warden"
Give your wife our best, also.
Posted By: eyeball Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Scott, what affiliction has you down?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
More prayers on the way, Scott
Posted By: mudhen Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
More prayers from NM. Hang in there brother.

Ben
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Continued prayers, Scott. Hope things get better all around.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers on the way.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
it's a rough row to hoe Scott. I sure hope for the best. Prayers said.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers for your BIL,his wife and for you and your wife.
Posted By: T LEE Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers for all concerned continue Scott.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
From S.E. Az

GTC
Posted By: Scott F Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Originally Posted by eyeball
Scott, what affiliction has you down?

Some sort is sinus thing that has my good ear worse than my deaf ear and my head full of heavy mucous. One hechofa headache to make it more fun.
Posted By: RickyD Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Sorry to hear this news, but God is still on the Throne and Hope is Eternal. Prayers will continue.
Posted By: 4ager Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Originally Posted by Scott F
The doctors have changed their story. The brain cancer is not curable but it may be treatable. If nothing is done he may have two months. With the best case treatment he could go on another two years but this kind of cancer is so rare they do not have enough data to really judge. The first treatment may be as early as Friday and may kill him. If the tumours start bleeding he is gone and that may happen.

Mi wife is home tonight for the second night in ten days. She is exhausted and needed a shower and a nights rest before going back.

I have been sick in bed since Friday. Today is the first day I felt like getting up but I am on the mend. Tough times in our family.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Very sorry to hear this.

This may, unfortunately, be one of those cases where the treatment is almost as bad (maybe worse?) than the disease.

Whatever comes to pass, I wish you all peace and wisdom through these times.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Sorry to hear the news of BIL.

You and the wife take care of yourselves, prayers sent.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
You know as i am sure you do, you have people walking the road with you, in spirit if not in person.
take care, guy
For the medically knowledgeable here the treatment is called Blood Brain Block and was developed at OHSU. Apparently this kind of cancer is so rare they really do not know anything about the long term on this one.

On a side note my BIL had a cousin in CA who is a cancer researcher who has been working on this treatment. Through phone calls he has been extremely helpful.

The first dose may be as early as tomorrow. If he survives the first treatment then there is a good chance he will survive the other eleven.

Thanks guys for all the prayer.
Posted By: Seafire Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
You take care Scott... one step at a time...

a lot of friends have their prayer times working overtime for you and your family thru these trying and difficult times...

cheers
seafire
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
You know as i am sure you do, you have people walking the road with you, in spirit if not in person.
take care, guy

The Fire is one of the greatest places anywhere.
For the medically knowledgeable here the treatment is called Blood Brain Block and was developed at OHSU. Apparently this kind of cancer is so rare they really do not know anything about the long term on this one.

On a side note my BIL had a cousin in CA who is a cancer researcher who has been working on this treatment. Through phone calls he has been extremely helpful.

The first dose may be as early as tomorrow. If he survives the first treatment then there is a good chance he will survive the other eleven.

Thanks guys for all the prayer.
Scott,how are the treatments given?
This tells it a lot better than I can.

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/cen...rier/patients-and-caregivers/therapy.cfm
Posted By: DocRocket Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Scott, sorry to hear of your BIL's diagnosis... it sounds like a tough one! I'll include him and your family in my prayers.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers sent.
Posted By: funshooter Re: BIL Update II - 01/29/15
Prayers sent
Thanks Scott.
Posted By: Powerguy Re: BIL Update II - 01/30/15
Done Scott
Posted By: mark shubert Re: BIL Update II - 01/30/15
That treatment seems (to this layman) to be quite hazardous - but without any other (good) options.
Prayers re-booted from here, amigo.
Posted By: Scott F Re: BIL Update II - 01/30/15
It is hazardous but really it is his only chance.
Posted By: texasbatman Re: BIL Update II - 01/30/15
I will continue praying for your family Scott. My wife had a brain tumor 4+ years ago. It was a gliosarcoma. She was given 6-8 months to live. The tumor was removed with surgery and chemo and radiation started. She has amazed her doctors and her surgeon. She asked her Dr. once how other patients with this cancer did. She was told they had never had anyone that lived past a year.

My wife had an incredible attitude and spirit throughout all of this. It goes to show that Doctors are not the final authority.

Jim
Posted By: RickyD Re: BIL Update II - 01/30/15
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I will continue praying for your family Scott. My wife had a brain tumor 4+ years ago. It was a gliosarcoma. She was given 6-8 months to live. The tumor was removed with surgery and chemo and radiation started. She has amazed her doctors and her surgeon. She asked her Dr. once how other patients with this cancer did. She was told they had never had anyone that lived past a year.

My wife had an incredible attitude and spirit throughout all of this. It goes to show that Doctors are not the final authority.

Jim
Praise the Lord! I know you have. smile
© 24hourcampfire