Home
Posted By: Gibby Pole King tomatoes - 03/11/15
Has anyone heard of these?

Many Years ago I got starter plants from an old fella of this variety. He died and subsequently lost my source.

This variety was a hybrid developed by a cannery company which owned the rights to the seeds.

They were resistant to most diseases and wilt. Never cracked at the stem (if watered correctly). Never got blossom end rot (in my soil). All grew to be approx. 12 to 14 oz. each. The plants very prolific. I had to use 2x2 by 8' tomato stakes to support the plants which I did sucker. Very high acid tomato which I like.

My interwebb search has come up with nothing.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Pole King tomatoes - 03/11/15
Here you go boss man:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/30725/#b
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Pole King tomatoes - 03/11/15
interesting variety.

Always looking to try something new in the garden

but google turns up no place to purchase seeds.
Posted By: Gibby Re: Pole King tomatoes - 03/11/15
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

I be damn. Thank you. I sent them a Email to see where to buy the seeds/plants. Hope they can help.

Thanks again. My wife will be very happy also. Best tomatoes we have ever eaten by a large margin. Come on BLT's (and marinara).
Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

I be damn. Thank you. I sent them a Email to see where to buy the seeds/plants. Hope they can help.

Thanks again. My wife will be very happy also. Best tomatoes we have ever eaten by a large margin. Come on BLT's (and marinara).

report back if they are a source for seeds
found this place surfing.

although no pole king listed, High Mowing Oragnic Seeds has a good variety of tomatoes.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Pole King tomatoes - 03/11/15
Dave, Ad said seed are sterile or won't grow true to seed. Grow and throw.
bummer, I overlooked that. Thanks
Posted By: Gibby Re: Pole King tomatoes - 03/11/15
Just got a reply from davesgarden. They did a worldwide search. No luck. Found a close cultivar in France. I will keep trying. They are that good.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Pole King tomatoes - 03/13/15
Originally Posted by Gibby
Just got a reply from davesgarden. They did a worldwide search. No luck. Found a close cultivar in France. I will keep trying. They are that good.
Sorry to hear that. I too like a tomato with a bite.
© 24hourcampfire