Home
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
This is what happens most of the time...

Ed
Posted By: JOG Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
Nice. Do you know which planet that's from?
Posted By: 4ager Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
Looks and sounds like it could be around here.

It's a planet called America. It's alien to most people on Earth these days.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
That was good.

"Woke up stupid" LOL
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
The little known, no racist, anti-gun state of Georgia. grin

Ed
Not quite here, but close. Not surprised, either.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
The good guy didn't look like a gang banger, and didn't act like a simian.
Pretty simple really.
He was also quite likely former military (demeanor, posture, verbiage), and in a jurisdiction that respects the Constitutionally protected right to defend yourself.

Contrast those facts with other situations.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
So, what if the perp had run? Would the victim have shot and then how many years would he have been sent to the pen?
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/22/15
Originally Posted by eyeball
So, what if the perp had run? Would the victim have shot and then how many years would he have been sent to the pen?

What if...
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Amazing ! Police didn't come in screaming and acting all crazy and instead calmly walked up and shook his hand. Other officer politely and calmly restrained the perp without any unnecessary violence or verbiage. Black man was treated with the respect we all should receive. Everyone but the perp was a credit to America.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
After seeing the video on the news I was first glad that it ended well for everyone. Still am.

Then I wondered if the color of the two had been switched, would it have made the national news?

Hmmm?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Thats easy.

No.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Black man was treated with the respect we all should receive. Everyone but the perp was a credit to America.

This is all true, but it does show plainly why everyone needs a gun with them. Just a long time for the police to get there even, when they are doing the right thing. They can't be where they are needed, when they are needed. miles
Posted By: passport Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
That is how is should go down. Dont much care what color they are
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Exactly. And I bet the winner doesn't mind having to show ID to vote.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by Pahntr760

What if...

I guess its crazy to consider 'what if' when you pull a gun and affect a citizens arrest. Its been often said you better not pull it with out shooting it for just that reason.

Were i in that situation i would prefer to put the perp down were he to get up and run, however, i expect it would be highly advisable the victim would be better off to unload the gun and try bouncing it off the perps head than shoot him in the back.

Sorry for asking what LEO might think. Sheesh.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Good work by the black gentleman - and the officers.
Panther, i asked the stupid question because the would be shooter seemed pretty committed to shooting the perp if he moved.

IIRC there was a recent video of a cop go7ng into attack mode on a black guy who broke and ran. Unfortunately the cop stayed in attack mode and ended up in jail after popping said runner in the back a few times before coming back down to earth.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Hey ball, are you still drunk from last night?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by passport
That is how is should go down. Dont much care what color they are

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
My point is, "what if" isn't what happened here. Simply judging by the way he did handle him self, I feel the "would be shooter" as you put it, would have not engaged with the firearm had the perp ran. But, we will never know, because that is not how it went.

What if your Aunt had testicles? Why..."She'd" be your Uncle!
Like i said, i was wanting to know what the ones who know, leos, would say about the possible consequences. Thanks for enlightening me.

It was drilled into us in human pathology there are no stupid questions, but there are stupid answers. In treating patients there are thousands of "what ifs", and you better Know the answers.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
You never eluded to the fact it was a question to LEO's or the sort until your later retort. Your demeanor sure has taken an interesting turn in the last little bit. Sorry to hurt your feel goods.
Yes, i should have specifically asked what the leos and lawyers thought about it. I just faied to consider enough "what ifs". wink
Posted By: BountyHunter Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Say what you want, but this could be a training video for 90% of most CCW classes.

Key points.

1. Look where his trigger finger was at all times. Off the trigger and outside the guard.

2. He maintained a high ready.

3. When the police came he immediately layed down his firearm to show the police he was unarmed now.

This was not his first rodeo.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
This is what happens most of the time...

Ed

That guy got his 10 cents worth. smile
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15

I imagine he would have let him run.
I reckon. I was hoping LEO would let folks know that shooting him wad not a viable option.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by 4ager
He was also quite likely former military (demeanor, posture, verbiage), and in a jurisdiction that respects the Constitutionally protected right to defend yourself.

Contrast those facts with other situations.

For reasons you mentioned, guy was definitely former military.

Sadly, I live in the late great State of FL. Perp's here have more rights than we do these days. You'd have to have a knife at your throat, gun to your head, or be shot at point blank to keep from a lengthy lawyer fest.

Although still Constitutional, Life threatening defense of you and yours and property protection doesn't mean much these days. Just shallow gun-clinging words to the Libs.
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The little known, no racist, anti-gun state of Georgia. grin

Ed

YEE HAAH!!

I'd rather have him as my neighbor then some posters on the fire. The dude knew what to do with his weapon when the police showed up. He appears to have had some training.

Georgiaboy
Posted By: Szumi Re: Black Man With A Gun - 05/23/15
I'd take BMWAG as a neighbor. :t
© 24hourcampfire