Home
Posted By: 284LUVR Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
Guys the Firestones on my Dodge Stratus simply have too much road noise to suite my driving tastes out on the highway.

Car is used exclusively for interstate highway use and I like to enjoy my CDs without having to tune up the volume to offset road noise.

What sez the 24HCF tire experts ?

TIA, 284
Posted By: edk Re: Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
Go to the tires plus site and they have ratings for noise.Supposedly they test them in real life. ED K
Posted By: robertacabin Re: Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
Don't even waste your time looking for quiet tires. Been there and done that. Tried many. Go spend a little extra on some Michelin Primacy mxv4's and be done with it. Good luck!
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
I recently put Michelin Latitude tires on our SUV's and the improvement in all performance parameters, including road noise, has been remarkable.

RS
Posted By: pal Re: Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
The Michelin LTX AT2 mud and snow tires are quiet.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
I'd throw the CDs out the window, and get on with life.

I'm probably the odd man out, but I never even turn on the radio when I'm driving, even coast-to-coast.
Posted By: JonS Re: Quiet Tires ? - 05/31/15
Originally Posted by pal

Are those two different tires, I put some AT2's on an old truck and loved them. I recently got a 4runner and will be needing tires eventually and was researching the M/S (mud and snow).
I loved my Michelin's, got 76K out of them on an old Nissan 4x4 and sold it with tread left.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/01/15
Yokohoma has some good, quiet, long life tires.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/01/15
Originally Posted by pal

Great tires for road or trail, I have ran 4 pairs of these the past 12 years. They all have lasted past 65k miles.

Runs great on my Dakota 4x4 and my buddy runs them on his 3/4 ton suburban.
Posted By: JBoutfishn Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/01/15
Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by pal

Great tires for road or trail.

Run them on the Tahoe and Silverado HD. Great results.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/01/15
How do the Michelins hold up in rocks and brush? I get a LOT of rock breaks and sidewall cuts with some tires.
Posted By: JBoutfishn Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/01/15
Originally Posted by mark shubert
How do the Michelins hold up in rocks and brush? I get a LOT of rock breaks and sidewall cuts with some tires.

Are your wheels the correct size for tires you are running? Wheels to wide will expose sidewalls.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/02/15
Originally Posted by pal

This is a Dodge Stratus:

[Linked Image]

I doubt he's looking for All Terrain truck tires for it.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Quiet Tires ? - 06/02/15
Thanks Crow, I was thinking about looking for a 4WD conversion so I could slide some mudders under it. laugh
© 24hourcampfire