Home
Posted By: BlackHunter Insects and Bugs Question - 06/05/15
I've just come into some items that have been in a storage unit for several years. The items are in 2 very large lockers and the items include clothes, books, applicances, etc.

My question is - what can I do to kill the insects, bugs etc that I suspect have managed to get into the storage units. There are of course, the room fogger cans you can get at Wal-Mart but are there better solutions? The storage lockers are each about 250 - 300 square feet and packed tight.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ortho Home Defense insecticide works well for me.

I spray around all the baseboards, doors, etc. Kinda set a barrier for insects to cross. Kills them for a year or so. Stuff actually works.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Insects and Bugs Question - 06/05/15
Why not just put mothballs inside the storage lockers?
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Moth Rights Activists wouldn't like that much. wink
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Only you grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The only ones with rights are on welfare and/or here illegally.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Insects and Bugs Question - 06/05/15
Originally Posted by BlackHunter
I've just come into some items that have been in a storage unit for several years. The items are in 2 very large lockers and the items include clothes, books, applicances, etc.

My question is - what can I do to kill the insects, bugs etc that I suspect have managed to get into the storage units. There are of course, the room fogger cans you can get at Wal-Mart but are there better solutions? The storage lockers are each about 250 - 300 square feet and packed tight.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Got a Therma-Cell? Run one of those in there every few days (weekends) for a month or so. Being in Georgia, I bet you've got one.
Thank you all for your responses.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Insects and Bugs Question - 06/05/15
Your gonna need to air it out.
Bring some hungry chickens when you do.
BlackHunter,

If everything is packed tight in there, any treatment probably won't work too well until you get some space for the insecticide to get to / in the containers.

Myron
© 24hourcampfire