Home
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/bubba-watson-general-lee-confederate-flag-american

Bubba Watson’s General Lee (also known as the 1969 Dodge Charger driven by the Duke brothers in the 1980s TV show The Dukes of Hazzard) will no longer have a Confederate flag on top.

On Thursday, the two-time Masters champion tweeted his decision to paint over it with the American flag.

Watson, who was born in Florida and attended the University of Georgia, paid $110,000 for the General Lee at an auction in 2012. In January, he got the car autographed by John Schneider, the actor who played Bo Duke.
He's gonna lose some cash on that deal, pussy.
Good for you, Bubba!

Oh, by the way: the car's worthless now. You may as well start calling it the "Benedict Arnold"; although to be fair to Gen Arnold, he never sold out his race.
It's his car.

He can pour gasoline on it and set it afire for all I care.

Anyone that doesn't understand or respect that flag has no business with it anyway.
The Dukes did not seem to pleased with the decision.

Why does Bubba have to advertise that he did so? Does he now sell more Bubba junk?

Just do it and be silent.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Anyone that doesn't understand or respect that flag has no business with it anyway.

PREZACTLY !
Vandalism.
Plain and simple.
WTF, you were good with it when you got it, why no good now?

Sheeple hypocrites worried about money first, and what others think second....

Those are the ones that inherit the bowels of hell.
Gonehuntin - "Watson, who was born in Florida and attended the University of Georgia, paid $110,000 for the General Lee at an auction in 2012."

With that Confederate flag painted out, that car will be worth about $2,000. Watson will take a $108,000 hit as he wallows in that fetid tub of political correctness.

L.W.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's his car.

He can pour gasoline on it and set it afire for all I care.

It's more than a car, it's THE General Lee.

Believe it or not, the Dukes of Hazzard is the first TV show I can remember watching. It's a shame that car doesn't belong to someone who would cherish it....
Originally Posted by byc
Why does Bubba have to advertise that he did so? Does he now sell more Bubba junk?

Only people with true fortitude act without concern for notoriety. Old Bubba obviously does not fit that category.
Bubba should change his name to Melvin, or Christine, or something. Nobody named Bubba would deface an iconic car, as well as a flag that, whatever you're beliefs, reflects one of the most important facets of our history.
Originally Posted by byc
The Dukes did not seem to pleased with the decision.

Letting the world and his $pon$or$ know that he is now PC.

Actually, you raise a really good point. Wonder if his sponsors leaned on him.
What a total ass!
His car , his money , his choice.
That being said , I would rather see him sell it than change it.
If he does change the paint , I hope he changes the name of the car as well. The General William T. Sherman sounds like a good name whistle
Wonder when the thought police are going to start making collectors strike through the nazi proof stamps / cartouches on their Mausers and Walthers.

This stance against history is pretty funny if you think about it. In greece, we saw spartan T-shirts on sale everywhere. I suspect they were more rascist and homicidal slave owners than most anybody, but they are treated with reverence now. Guess time changes the context.
only one word applies here aside from the obvious poor return on his investment now because we all know the general Lee is worth more now than ever before but it aint the general Lee with a US Flag on it so here goes...the one word for this thread...'

PUSSY

he should just paint a rainbow on it...pussy
Originally Posted by SAKO75
he should just paint a rainbow on it...pussy

^^^This^^^
The guy's a class A dipschit, but that's not the only General Lee out there. They used a bunch of 69 dodge chargers over the course of the show, I read once they usually totaled one an episode with all the stunt work. He's just got one of them, there are still a bunch of other authentic ones running around.
Bubba gonna Bubba his Charger.

As if anybody gives two flying fugks.

Travis
He owns it and as far as i can tell it will not bother me in the least if he wants to screw up a car with a following and lose money.

Just makes no sense to me,but folks have been doing stupid stuff for a long time.
Originally Posted by M1894
His car , his money , his choice.
That being said , I would rather see him sell it than change it.
If he does change the paint , I hope he changes the name of the car as well. The General William T. Sherman sounds like a good name whistle

About 30+ years ago there was a car in NH that was painted American flag blue with a big 10 (instead of the 01) on the side and an American flag on the roof, instead of the Confederate flag. The car had General Grant instead of General Lee above the doors. Sorry, I don't remember what brand car, as I was only probably 10. Now I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of it........
Babs (Bubba) Watson must've used her (his) balls for driving practice. Cause she (he) obviously doesn't have any.
We have one of them here in Medford. Guy has it on a berm in his front yard tilted over to show the flag on top. Looks like it's coming in for a landing. Wonder if he knows it's worth $100K?!!
There were quite a few General Lees, many were trashed filming jumps. It is my understanding that they were painted over then sold and some have been found when the paint over started peeling. IIRC there were only a couple that were tricked out as the main drivers for the Duke boys.
© 24hourcampfire