Too bad he's a dang White Sox fan....grin

That's pretty cool!
Posted By: byc Re: Deflave! - 07/04/15
Great pic and a great ball park!!

Meanwhile across town at Soldier!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Deflave! - 07/04/15
Half the sold out crowd at the game yesterday had tie-dye on...

Some serious pre-party going on.
Posted By: Pittu Re: Deflave! - 07/04/15
[Linked Image]

We came thru there last night. I couldn't figure out why it was so crazy with traffic. Shuttle bus driver told us it was because of the Dead show at soldier field.

Tried to insert a photo of the "Nuts on Clark" store at o'hare, but I'm too stupid to post it from this ipad......apparently, Clark is a street(?), still, I had a chuckle when i saw it.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Deflave! - 07/04/15
You CANNOT go to Chicago in the summer and not go to a Cubs game!

Get a hot dog (or 3) and a Hamm's beer (or 4), but DO NOT, DO NOT ask for ketchup on the dog. smile
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
I ain't seen the Dead since '88... might have to make a point of seeing them again.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
They're all dead now......
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Jerry Garcia has been dead several yrs.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by byc
Great pic and a great ball park!!

Meanwhile across town at Soldier!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I didn't peg you as a deadhead, David. I was never a big fan, but done more than my share of running with folks who were. By in large a fun bunch, if a bit loopy. But then it might've just been the 'shrooms...

wink
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Last night's show was it, and it sounds like a "hard" it..

Reports from these shows, and the one's at Levi's, was the band phoned it in, crowd was much more entertaining.

Fireworks were off the scale last night, we're staying about a mile from wrigley, and the sound of miles and miles of illegal fireworks going off was epic.

Posted By: acooper1983 Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
[bleep] chicago, i live 60 miles from there, and the [bleep] are moving into my neighborhood and commuting now, apparently my house where they're from is like 750K. up here its 250, i told the one guy, the 500K is the idiot tax he's required to pay, and if his little [bleep] box yapper dog got in my yard again, and [bleep] in my flower beds, my dogs could be out, and then he wouldnt have a dog anymore.
Haven't run into an azzhole here, but of course we haven't gone 60 miles outside the city yet..
Posted By: EdM Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Bob Weir's solo shows were always better than a Dead show.
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Haven't run into an azzhole here, but of course we haven't gone 60 miles outside the city yet..

well friend, if you havent met an azzhole down there yet, dont come out this way, were a touch more conservative and dont like the citiots much ;-)
I'm really having a hard time thinking of a place I've visited in these United States, and haven't had a good time..

Posted By: Kenneth Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Get a hot dog (or 3) and a Hamm's beer (or 4), but DO NOT, DO NOT ask for ketchup on the dog. smile

Hot Dogs?

Hamm's beer? YGTBFKM!

Drive an hour north and we'll show ya Big People food and drink..
Hot Doug's were pretty good..

Don't think we'll make it up to wisco this time. Off to show the gurl Northwestern today, and then University of Chicago tomorrow.

Pizza tonight.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Hot Dogs?

Hamm's beer? YGTBFKM!

I hear ya.. but it wouldn't be at the brick and ivy hallowed confines of Wrigley field. smile

Wouldn't at all mind catching a Pack game at Lambeau before my time is up, though.
Posted By: byc Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

I didn't peg you as a deadhead, David. I was never a big fan, but done more than my share of running with folks who were. By in large a fun bunch, if a bit loopy. But then it might've just been the 'shrooms...
wink

HA! Not really a full blown dhead Leighton. But nephew wound up with a bunch of tickets and with this being their "last concert" it just made sense.

My young Nephew is the real animal. He arrived directly from the Panic gig @ Red Rocks--Colorado to Fare The Well Dead50 in Chicago. Then decided to hit yet another last minute gig in FL.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: deflave Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Good times yo! Taking the family next year.

Be careful downtown. Super dangerous. Carry at least four guns.

Travis
Posted By: boatboy Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
Have fun in the Motherland
There is lots of cool stuff
Take a trip to Greek town and enjoy a great dinner at Roditys
Great service great food and by Chicagos standards will not break the bank
Hank
Posted By: byc Re: Deflave! - 07/05/15
The 5 day Taste Of Chicago street food festival starts this week. That has to be a blast with some definite good eats!

Greek Town was always one of my favs!!!
Posted By: pointer Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15

One should only be drinking Old Style while at Wrigley!
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15
I went Sammo, and drank Bud Lights..

Been having a blast, Northwestern is a seriously beautiful campus, Chicago style pizza is awesome.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15
Our 16 year old boy spent last week in Chicago with some other students for an FBLA national contest, got home last night. He loved it, no problems of any kind. He really ritzed it up.
Posted By: tzone Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Hot Dogs?

Hamm's beer? YGTBFKM!

No doubt!
Hamm's beer? I haven't had that crap since high school.
Posted By: tzone Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Off to show the gurl Northwestern today, and then University of Chicago tomorrow..

Journalism?
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15
She doesn't know for sure but I'm betting it's world domination.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Deflave! - 07/06/15
Originally Posted by EdM
Bob Weir's solo shows were always better than a Dead show.

Well, I'd have to agree in the later days of the Dead... but early on, there was something special about the band's chemistry.

Bob Weir is one of the unsung heroes of rock & roll guitar. I saw a documentary on Bob Weir the other day on Youtube, called "The Other One" or something like that. It's a pretty good bio of a very gifted musician.
© 24hourcampfire