Home
Had to get a professional opinion from the Doc. I am pleased to say that in his estimation, fishing for bass for a day, with his giant pseudo stepson to be, on the Cape is definitely the balls, and further, that the future is looking good for the afflicted party, and that while a cure is not out of the question, remains unlikely in the near future, but that I'd probably be able to pull through some day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1113_zpsf19jezlp.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1130_zpsm1z2unzq.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1124_zpsyxkz4vyc.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1159_zpsbxczrg3n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1156_zpswnnbtlvn.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1155_zpskrynmav9.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1194_zps9knzxdvr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1210_zps3bfgfxdm.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1206_zpsucabjoqc.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1236_zpsfamoxi38.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...g%20July%202015/IMG_1230_zpsd33vxczb.jpg[/img]
gotta love striped bass fishing... smile
grin You Turbosuck, but of course you knew that! grin
nice trout, KG!
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
gotta love fishing... smile

Fixed that for ya. laugh
grin
Should have put 2 & 2 together yesterday...shuhhh!! You and yours were on the bucket list as well. cool Smart pick!!

Great pics, No doubt foodies to follow. grin

Originally Posted by ironbender
nice trout, KG!

Funny you mention that. Young J Monster, all 6' 7" and 315 pounds of him, at FIFTEEN years of age, has some fishing under his belt, mostly trout he'd flyfished up out of his local waterways in PA. He told of his love for fishing, and his eagerness to have a go at fishing the big salt for things perhaps a bit more wide-shouldered and possessing of the power to pull a bit more than the 4-16 oz denizens of the freshwater he normally catches. Well, while getting bait in preparation to fish, he hauled a Sabiki rig with seven baits-to-be up on one drop. His face lit up, and excitedly exclaimed that we'd not been OTW 30 minutes into his salty cherry busting, and with one drop, caught a limit of fish about the same size as what he's used to, but all at the same time. wink

Great time it was, watching this gentle, well-spoken intelligent and polite young man take in his first saltwater outing. I could be wrong, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think that today will be the last time the young beast of a human has a go at this game...
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
gotta love fishing... smile

Fixed that for ya. laugh

Yup. If it swims, I'll happily do my best to entice it into trying to chase down, attack and eat a pointy, curved bit of steel.

wink
Darn, never knew fishingitis could be fatal, Kamo.
Good stuff right 'thar.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Darn, never knew fishingitis could be fatal, Kamo.

Looking on ye olde bright side, it's a slow progression, this insidious disease. Apparently, I've had it for about 40 years. I guess I'm doomed, but hey, life has no survivors after all...
Ha, and chronic, too. No cure, just palliative treatment. grin5
Hard to beat a day catching stripers. Makes me want to head to Lake.......well never mind.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
nice trout, KG!

Funny you mention that. Young J Monster, all 6' 7" and 315 pounds of him, at FIFTEEN years of age, has some fishing under his belt, mostly trout he'd flyfished up out of his local waterways in PA. He told of his love for fishing, and his eagerness to have a go at fishing the big salt for things perhaps a bit more wide-shouldered and possessing of the power to pull a bit more than the 4-16 oz denizens of the freshwater he normally catches. Well, while getting bait in preparation to fish, he hauled a Sabiki rig with seven baits-to-be up on one drop. His face lit up, and excitedly exclaimed that we'd not been OTW 30 minutes into his salty cherry busting, and with one drop, caught a limit of fish about the same size as what he's used to, but all at the same time. wink

Great time it was, watching this gentle, well-spoken intelligent and polite young man take in his first saltwater outing. I could be wrong, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think that today will be the last time the young beast of a human has a go at this game...

Well, good for that young feller! Nice indoctrination.

Haven't had stripahs in some time. A few years back I sent Mom some salmon and she sent me some stripes and blues a neighbor caught. Love that brown fat on stripes!
Nice indoctrination.

Haven't had stripahs in some time. A few years back I sent Mom some salmon and she sent me some stripes and blues a neighbor caught. Love that brown fat on stripes!

Prepare for assimilation, you drones. wink

PM me if you'd like some bass. TTTT, I could use the freezer space, actually.

AH Yes, the Holistic approach to medicine.

Look just GREAT Sir.
Yep, Figured this thread was coming with Doc's Fenway trip and all.
Turbosuck just on the mackerel factor alone!
Good job boys!
KG:

Live lining macks certainly has been the recent answer in Ptown, has it not?

Son, his bud, and I enjoyed it immensely for the past three days. Little spooky, but civil with the number of boats present.

Bob
I love the look on a kid's face when they have a great day outdoors. (Even a big kid)

Good on you, KG.

Originally Posted by T LEE
AH Yes, the Holistic approach to medicine.

Look just GREAT Sir.

If the normal course of treatment ever fails, leave all the usual gear at the house, get a cane pole and a big red "cork" and head for a riverbank.

Like all extra powerful medicine, it's use should be reserved for those times when extreme measures are justified.

[but don;t take pictures.... folks will laugh at you]

Thanks for the thread, Leighton.
All good, all around cool

Congrats.
Funny you mention that. Young J Monster, all 6' 7" and 315 pounds of him, at FIFTEEN years of age, has some fishing under his belt, mostly trout he'd flyfished up out of his local waterways in PA.<snip>

Well, I feel sorry for the young feller!

He is big, but clearly well-proportioned so he doesn't look big unless there is something else (like DocRocket or Kamo_gari!) in the picture to judge his size.

He is going to make every fish he holds up for a picture look quite small! grin

kamo_gari, you should have had your lovely wife hold up his fish for the photos... wink

John
Great fun! Gotta say that's the biggest deckhand I've every seen.
Nice!

Great pics KG! Looks like a fine ol' time!
hey i know that spot.
When is Mako season?

I hope the Japanese guy puts the camera down long enough to catch a fish.

Travis
KG, you do some nice work with that camera.

D
As always cool beans and cool picsKG!

Doc is pretty good company.....
Originally Posted by deflave
When is Mako season?

Travis

laugh

D

Never disappoints.

Good stuff Kamo!
The most interesting part of that day might have been watching the Coast Guard count life preservers on the Dolphin X.

Well, maybe not THE most interesting.
i thought the same thing.
When is Mako season?

Travis
yr round down here, cooler months are better.
Great pics! I am @ Logan with the Redhead and the Big Unit waiting on flights. Big Unit is still jabbering about what a fahking awesome time we had.
Love the lines on that red CC.
Originally Posted by ingwe

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Poobah! KG's pretty fahking good company as well. We had a few pretty good laughs yesterday. Perhaps the best one was precipitated by a discussion about ugly boat captains having pretty wives, and the anatomic comparison Capt. Mike made about one cap's face and certain anatomic structures had us near to choking with laughter...

Ah, yes. High times, great fishing, low humor...
Originally Posted by bucktales
Yep, Figured this thread was coming with Doc's Fenway trip and all.
Turbosuck just on the mackerel factor alone!
Good job boys!

Wish you coulda been there, Ed! The Big Unit had 7 mackerel on one dip of the rig his first time out... he's lucky, I'll give him that! He also took to running a saltwater baitcasting rig very fast. For a kid who's mostly fly-fished so far in life, he's got no prejudices against things like live bait and such things, which is very good...
Originally Posted by Setterman
KG:

Live lining macks certainly has been the recent answer in Ptown, has it not?

Son, his bud, and I enjoyed it immensely for the past three days. Little spooky, but civil with the number of boats present.

Bob

Well hey now and ahoy there! Wasn't expecting anyone here to recognize the location, much less one that was actually in and amongst the same flotilla of vessels out there. How cool! Mind if I ask which/what type of rig you were out on? We were aboard the white cc Seacraft with the T-top, shucking and dodging gingerly and respectfully with the rest of the fleet on drifts.

And you're dead right about everyone being downright gentlemanly out there. As you know all too well I'm sure, that's not always the case, by a long shot, particularly on commercial days. The shytshow spectacular circus is something to behold at times. Not in a good circus kind of way... wink Considering how busy it was, I was downright pleased with how well-behaved everyone was. Makes for a lot more fun.

Pity the effin' whaleboat skippers don't mind their manners in such a way. If whales are scarce but for a couple here and there, and you're near one that suddenly blows on top, lookout. Buggers will come around and go WOT, not giving a shyt for the small vessels their boats toss their 6 foot wakes over. I'm glad I was paying attention to the one that did exactly that, and I had the wherewithal to shout a heads-up warning to Doc Rock and the lad to grab a rail and hold fast before one sent up a stiff set of rollers that hit us on the nose.

Anyway, small world sometimes. Hit me with a PM if you care to; happy to share intel on any hot bites. I'm out of the North Shore/Merrimack river area. My rig's slipped at McKenzie's in ABY just upriver of the I95 bridge, but I run with crews from the Cape a lot. And yeah, the live macks were the ticket, though the boys had a little trouble setting hooks until the skipper decided to bridle the macks instead of just bare-hooking them. Note the rigging needle in the skipper's mouth in the one pic. The heavy fish of the day, however, I hooked on a tin (crippled herring) speed jigged through the water column in about 80'.

Originally Posted by MadMooner
Love the lines on that red CC.

Good eye, bloss. 25' Seacraft. Sweet lines and fantastic ride.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
hey i know that spot.

Uh, sorry but no you don't, Tex. You haven't been within 30 miles of where we were, in ocean terms (we ran across the bay to get there), and more like 60 via land routes. That might change some day, though. Maybe.

whistle

D

Arigato and sanks, DD San. No real skill on my part, though. I just point and shoot things that catch my eye, and now and again I get lucky. Hell, even a busted clock is right twice a day...
Originally Posted by ingwe

He is. Plus, I just know some day putting up with him will pay off. Having an ER doc at your side is pretty damned good insurance, I figure!

smile
Nice pic of that stripper (err striper) with a tinker in its mouth! grin Looks like a great time on the water! Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The most interesting part of that day might have been watching the Coast Guard count life preservers on the Dolphin X.

Well, maybe not THE most interesting.

After the sloppy, dangerous and booshat display as far as the operating of that rig, I've a mind to get out a brush some moonless night and add the word 'Terminator' in blood red to the vessel's name on the hull.
...gentle, well-spoken intelligent and polite young man...

Sounds like Michigan State University Spartan material. If he comes up this way we will have a deer stand waiting for him.

Dolphin X....Charter fishing boat?

Incredible pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Nice pic of that stripper (err striper) with a tinker in its mouth! grin Looks like a great time on the water! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. It's downright amazing the size of some things a stripper will try to choke down. I mean what a *striper* will try to choke...Oh never mind.

whistle grin
When is Mako season?

Travis
yr round down here, cooler months are better.

He asked about makos, not shyt shad, 14" ladyfish and dumb turtles.
Originally Posted by JoeMama

Dolphin X....Charter fishing boat?

Sort of. Whale watching/harassing outfit. Ta for the words.
hey i know that spot.

Uh, sorry but no you don't, Tex. You haven't been within 30 miles of where we were, in ocean terms (we ran across the bay to get there), and more like 60 via land routes. That might change some day, though. Maybe.

whistle
sure looks like the same lighthouse.
KG:

Surprised to hear that you were part of that mob as well. We were aboard my son's boat, a 21' Whaler outrage w/ a Ttop. In addition to the macs, my son's bud had good luck jigging.

I'm not into the crowds, but for now, that's where the fish are.

I typically launch from Rock in Orleans, but my boat is a 17' Whaler, I'm old, so I stay between Brewster and Wellfleet. My son launches in Truro, and the run to Ptown in the bigger boat is short and fast.

Clearly, the commercial guys aren't interested in the weekend warriors, and they can be rude and dangerous.

We have a family house In Eastham and fish regularly when we're here.I do miss the bluefish blitzes though.

Later,

Bob
Bob, good to know you were out there with us! Wish we'd have known! Yes, I was impressed with how polite the fleet was... it reminded me of how polite the salmon/steelhead flyfishing anglers are in a couple NW coast rivers, fishing the same pools in a courteous and orderly manner. Plenty of fish for everyone, no need to get bitchy about it.
Doc:

I've seen the other side of the coin with larger crowds not behaving quite so well in the tribs of Lake Ontario. The steelhead crowd is more controlled than the King Salmon guys,but ultimately the combatants look like fools, and it can make for an ugly day.

Bob
Thanks for the thread, KG. You might have just derailed my evening plans to mow the lawn. It's turning into a jungle around the house, but after reading this and viewing the pics, I might just have to go out on the lake tonight.

I picked up 2 nice walleyes on Tuesday evening about 2 minutes apart and marked the spot on my GPS/Graph and I'm anxious to see if that spot proves out again.

I really like freshwater fishihg, but one of these days I need to try some of that saltwater stuff.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I really like freshwater fishihg, but one of these days I need to try some of that saltwater stuff.

Do it!
Nothing quite like it.
You suck.

I'm envious.

That is all....

Ed
Originally Posted by Setterman
KG:

Surprised to hear that you were part of that mob as well. We were aboard my son's boat, a 21' Whaler outrage w/ a Ttop. In addition to the macs, my son's bud had good luck jigging.

I'm not into the crowds, but for now, that's where the fish are.

I typically launch from Rock in Orleans, but my boat is a 17' Whaler, I'm old, so I stay between Brewster and Wellfleet. My son launches in Truro, and the run to Ptown in the bigger boat is short and fast.

Clearly, the commercial guys aren't interested in the weekend warriors, and they can be rude and dangerous.

We have a family house In Eastham and fish regularly when we're here.I do miss the bluefish blitzes though.

Later,

Bob

I'm with you on seeking the roads less traveled, but hey, sometimes ya gotta' go where the fish are. Nice area you stay in. We splashed in Sandwich at the canal and ran straight across the bay to P-Town. It got a little wet coming back against the SE that picked up, but it was fine. A great day we had. You mention blues; we saw one hauled in off the rocks in the canal on the way back to the barn. First one I've seen this year. Won't be the last, for sure. Take care and thanks for posting. Be safe out there and good fishing to you and your gang.

Roger, no worries; just breaking yer nuts. whistle wink We have more than sixty lighthouses in the state, I think. That a Texan confused one for another doesn't shock me. wink
Originally Posted by bucktales
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Do it!
Nothing quite like it.

+1
© 24hourcampfire