Home
Well, yesterday I had a surfeit of empty-headed young females seeking medical attention, and at the end of the day I was literally questioning how our species can be expected to survive.

First idiot was a 22-year-old gal with a blister on her hand from being "forced" to mop the floor at work. Wanted to make a Workers Compensation claim, the whole nine yards. Now, we're not talking about much of a blister at all... less than 2cm across, not infected, but it hurt so bad she couldn't use her hand for Anything. I observed that she had clearly spent a lot of time and effort on her makeup that morning, and asked if she had done it all with her left hand? At which she goggled at me, offended as if I'd told her she was stupid. Which I guess I had done, when I think about it...

Second idiot was a 21-year-old gal who got stung by a scorpion on her foot. She was wailing and crying and carrying on, afraid she was going to die. I couldn't even see a sting site on her foot... just a little redness. I told her she would live, against terrible odds, and thanked her for causing a $400 ER charge against the Texas Medicaid account.

Third idiot was a 23-year-old mother of an infant child who was "sick". Mother was almost panicked by this. Child had coughed several hours earlier, but had been fine since. That was it. That was why she was in the ER. One cough from an 18-month-old child.

I have long held the opinion that if idiot young females were removed from the population, America would be a much healthier place, and our medical care system would be in a damned sight better financial position. I wish the above 3 cases were exceptional, but they aren't. These idiot young females flood our ER's and clinics with their hair and makeup flawlessly in place, their outfits perfectly matching, and their presenting complaints so trivial as to be ridiculous. "I just want to get it checked out," they explain, betraying the fact that they KNOW their complaint is ridiculous and the cost they are incurring to the system is unjustifiable.

Consider this: the number one ER complaint in America is abdominal pain. Guess which sex accounts for better than 75% of ER visits for abdominal pain? Yep, females, most under 35. Guess what the most common cause of abdominal pain in ER's is? Constipation. Our health care system is spending billions of dollars annually to address the fact that most women have lousy dietary and bowel habits, and don't have a clue about how to deal with their own schitt.

I could go on. But we have an erroneous assumption in health care in America that the customer is always right. And the customer rarely IS right, when it comes to emergency care. And it's bankrupting our health care system.

God only knows what will happen to these idiot young females when the free medical care gravy train grinds to a halt. I expect most of them will die of infected broken fingernails, curling iron burns, and the like.

And all I can think at the end of the day is, "Thank God I'm not young enough to consider these pneumoceph's attractive, let alone to be married to one." Seriously.
count your blessings these events were alcohol free....

It could have been worse...
Oh, there were alcohol-enhanced idiot young females as well, after sundown. Those ones are really special. eek
Sounds like a target rich environment. Sure you weren't at a bar?
Someday, I'll tell you how I got the [bleep] kicked out of me by a drunk naked diabetic hooker.

(and yes, I was working, not shopping)
And they vote...
LOL! No, just a regular ol' hospital ER. Although I must admit that this particular town has an unusually low average intelligence, apparently...

And I should also add that these gals were not prime cuts of meat, by any means. I would say euphemistically that they were all too marbled even for Jorge's taste!
I resemble that remark!
Originally Posted by RWE
Someday, I'll tell you how I got the [bleep] kicked out of me by a drunk naked diabetic hooker.

Don't get me started on intoxicated, naked, and combative females...

My solution to same is Haldol. Early and often.
Consider this: the number one ER complaint in America is abdominal pain. Guess which sex accounts for better than 75% of ER visits for abdominal pain? Yep, females, most under 35. Guess what the most common cause of abdominal pain in ER's is? Constipation. Our health care system is spending billions of dollars annually to address the fact that most women have lousy dietary and bowel habits, and don't have a clue about how to deal with their own schitt.
I read an article just this last week about a girl in England who died of not having bowel movements. Obviously she had a mental condition but she thought BM's would injure her so she quit going. After 8 weeks of retaining it, her abdomen became distended (no kidding!) and it killed her. They did an autopsy to find out what the problem was. I can't imagine being the pathologist on that one.
Worked 30 years in the Hospital and the Looker never come to ER only the fat ugly ones on Welfare
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I resemble that remark!

I wondered how fast you'd pick that up, my friend! LOL! Trust me, you wouldn't do one of these chicks with EvilTwin's dick...
I'm 51 years old. My father is 83. I get along great with him and his friends of similar age. It seems like most of the people I meet under the age of 30 leave me wondering how they will make in this world without someone to take care of them their entire lives. I have trouble relating to them on any level.
C
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Well, yesterday I had a surfeit of empty-headed young females seeking medical attention, and at the end of the day I was literally questioning how our species can be expected to survive.

First idiot was a 22-year-old gal with a blister on her hand from being "forced" to mop the floor at work. Wanted to make a Workers Compensation claim, the whole nine yards. Now, we're not talking about much of a blister at all... less than 2cm across, not infected, but it hurt so bad she couldn't use her hand for Anything. I observed that she had clearly spent a lot of time and effort on her makeup that morning, and asked if she had done it all with her left hand? At which she goggled at me, offended as if I'd told her she was stupid. Which I guess I had done, when I think about it...

Second idiot was a 21-year-old gal who got stung by a scorpion on her foot. She was wailing and crying and carrying on, afraid she was going to die. I couldn't even see a sting site on her foot... just a little redness. I told her she would live, against terrible odds, and thanked her for causing a $400 ER charge against the Texas Medicaid account.

Third idiot was a 23-year-old mother of an infant child who was "sick". Mother was almost panicked by this. Child had coughed several hours earlier, but had been fine since. That was it. That was why she was in the ER. One cough from an 18-month-old child.

I have long held the opinion that if idiot young females were removed from the population, America would be a much healthier place, and our medical care system would be in a damned sight better financial position. I wish the above 3 cases were exceptional, but they aren't. These idiot young females flood our ER's and clinics with their hair and makeup flawlessly in place, their outfits perfectly matching, and their presenting complaints so trivial as to be ridiculous. "I just want to get it checked out," they explain, betraying the fact that they KNOW their complaint is ridiculous and the cost they are incurring to the system is unjustifiable.

I could go on. But we have an erroneous assumption in health care in America that the customer is always right. And the customer rarely IS right, when it comes to emergency care. And it's bankrupting our health care system.

God only knows what will happen to these idiot young females when the free medical care gravy train grinds to a halt. I expect most of them will die of infected broken fingernails, curling iron burns, and the like.

And all I can think at the end of the day is, "Thank God I'm not young enough to consider these pneumoceph's attractive, let alone to be married to one." Seriously.

A person I know very well, a neuro radiologist, told me the other day that he and another MD had concluded, "most people are just not very good at their jobs." One could add to that, "most are not too good at life either."

I responded, "it makes sense; we learned a long time ago that most people are average And Below.." Pneumocephs are quite common as it turns out.

Edited: to be correct.

Tomorrow, if God grants me breath, I'll hit sixty-six. I wouldn't go back on a bet.

But I do have to toughen up for what's ahead.
Originally Posted by bea175
Worked 30 years in the Hospital and the Looker never come to ER only the fat ugly ones on Welfare

and something was always wrong with that thang between their legs
sick laugh laugh laugh
An early Happy Birthday, George. Prayers offered for a good day, and many more.
Doc, you could add another 40 years to those bimbos and you'd have my MIL. Smart woman, but over reactive to the least cough, sniffle or weeze. Carries a giant bag full of medications, both OTC and prescription (her husband is a dentist and she often badgers him to write a 'script for antibiotics for her stash).

Drives me up the fugging wall.

Sounds like Texas.

Travis
Aways improve my vocab in a DocRoc thread.

Surfeit - an excessive amount

Pneumoceph - slang for airhead

Thanks!
I for one pray these empty headed females women find the same motivation to be screened for Ovarian Cancer using TVUS and CA-125.

I know the tests are expensive and possibly an elective but worth every penny if you're in the very unlucky group of ladies who are effected.
Doc, reading your posts gives me solace in my career choice as a computer systems engineer. I can screw up and the worst thing that happens is stuff crashes, they don't talk back, they don't smell bad, they don't transmit disease, and the pays decent. I applaud your patience. My wife works in the ER, I wouldn't last a day laugh
Originally Posted by deflave

Sounds like Texas.

Travis

Yep. Also sounds like Warshington, Montany, North Dakota, Minnysoda, Wisco, Illinoise, and every other place they have ER's in America. It's the national pastime.

We survive because these empty-headed young females are easily separated from their undies.
I resemble that remark!

I wondered how fast you'd pick that up, my friend! LOL! Trust me, you wouldn't do one of these chicks with EvilTwin's dick...

I trust your judgment, sir...and U know met my "standard" at DSC ... smile
ADD, good sir, may I add to your linguistic serendipity:

Doc's use of pneumoceph is a neologism.
And they vote...

Being on Medicaid, I can just bet for whom they vote... whistle
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Perhaps.

However, Doc De Vries used the term and in this case I suspect it might be closer to medical slang (humor)/inside vernacular rather than a newly coined word or expression.

Maybe we can get a ruling from the user... laugh
"well marbled" pegged my image meter. Crafting vivid descriptions is an art form for sure.

mike r
Our health care system is spending billions of dollars annually to address the fact that most women have lousy dietary and bowel habits, and don't have a clue about how to deal with their own schitt.

What the hell is a "bowel habit"?
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Tomorrow, if God grants me breath, I'll hit sixty-six. I wouldn't go back on a bet.

Cowboy up, George, it aint for sissies.

Beats the alternative, I suppose. grin
HA those are the ones a fiddy something yr old guy can have fun with, as long as you can keep them from talking.
Well, since it is accurate these days to say that people with the lowest education tend to have the poorest health outcome,
welcome to the reality of having to treat them or even deal with them. They all think they are smart and special.

I posted a bit about the new Native American program, where recovered drunks are employed to give counseling to others.
Consider a recovered drunk, a paid counselor, who has schizoaffective disorder, been on meds for a long time, who decides he doesn't need meds anymore and weans himself off. He then advises other people with chronic mental illness, that their meds, prescribed by their Dr, aren't necessary. So the new normal is the sick treating the sick. Needless to say, this counselor has a tendency to be volatile and hostile.

DocRocket may someday be out of job, because he's an educated professional....bet he'll be healthier for it.
Oh, there were alcohol-enhanced idiot young females as well, after sundown. Those ones are really special. eek

I'm having difficulties wrapping my head around how this is somehow a bad thing.

I don't know you Doc but I've met others who chose the same profession. I once painfully hobbled in afterwards and by pure luck met the same nurse who watched over me and I was able to personally thank her, but I digress.

Even a layman knows that the further away the bill is from the checkbook the more expensive it is. Who doesn't know this, oh yeah John Roberts.

My wife has been an ER nurse for 32 years. Oh the stories she could tell of the constant stream of idiots that grace their doorstep.
Originally Posted by add

Perhaps.

However, Doc De Vries used the term and in this case I suspect it might be closer to medical slang (humor)/inside vernacular rather than a newly coined word or expression.

Pneumoceph (n): new'-moh-seff. Abbreviated form of pneumocephalus, a latin term which translates literally as air-head.

Definitely medical jargon. It's been in general use since I was in medical school, at least.
I resemble that remark!

I trust your judgment, sir...and U know met my "standard" at DSC ... smile

Indeed, sir. Yes indeed, and you are a lucky man to have her. And (ahem) YMMV, but this poster believes tht this thread would be improved immeasurably by some pics of some appropriately "well-marbled" females...
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Our health care system is spending billions of dollars annually to address the fact that most women have lousy dietary and bowel habits, and don't have a clue about how to deal with their own schitt.

Quite simply, how often and how well folks poop. A healthy bowel habit is considered to be one soft, well-formed stool at least once every 2-3 days, and preferably daily or twice daily. Folks who poop thusly have MUCH lower incidence of bowel problems including diverticular disease, immune-mediated bowel disease, and colorectal CA.

Cause of bad bowel habit is almost always lousy diet with inadequate intake of fiber and water, although heredity does play some role.
Reminds me of the time I was dispatched on a rescue call that sounded as if a young kid was drowning and trapped in the rocks at a popular deep in the woods swimming hole. Upon arrival we found a teen-age female (who would have field dressed over 250) who after skinning up her ankle then sat down wailing that she couldn't get out of the water. Volunteer firemen had called for an ambulance. I asked her equally stupid mother if she could afford $1500 for an ambulance ride for someone hardly injured. She informed that they didn't pay. They had a card. I cancelled the ambulance, and summoned enough help to drag the blimp to mom's car, and told mom to get her out of there. That was the last I heard of it.Pissed me off that somebody would be so unmindful of spending state money. We saved the ambulance call but still 4 firemen, 2 deputies, and 2 state game wardens responded to what sounded like a true emergency. No wonder so much bad stuff happens when you tie up doctors, deputies, firemen, etc. etc. on such crap as this.
Yep. Also sounds like Warshington, Montany, North Dakota, Minnysoda, Wisco, Illinoise, and every other place they have ER's in America. It's the national pastime.

Ash and trash.
Hastings: good point, and you're right on. Over the years I've seen multiple cases where a loud-wailing/complaining person with a trivial/minor complaint has sucked up ER and/or EMS resources while truly serious injuries/illnesses are forced to wait.

If we had true and effective triage capability in our ER's (which can't happen because of EMTALA) and firm financial responsibility laws for our EMS services, we'd all be better off.

Quite simply, how often and how well folks poop. A healthy bowel habit is considered to be one soft, well-formed stool at least once every 2-3 days, and preferably daily or twice daily. Folks who poop thusly have MUCH lower incidence of bowel problems including diverticular disease, immune-mediated bowel disease, and colorectal CA.

Not to mention a sunnier outlook on life.

I think there are constipated posters here. wink
Originally Posted by Wyogal

DocRocket may someday be out of job, because he's an educated professional....bet he'll be healthier for it.

No doubt, no doubt. But I don't see that happening until I'm too old to do this any more. In the meantime the rapidly worsening shortage of experienced ER docs in rural hospitals is only making my job better and better. Pay me enough dollars, and I find it's a lot easier to put up with the pneumocephs.
I resemble that remark!

That's getting mighty picky.... smile
LOL! Not so much...
Funny when I had my kidney stone a few months ago I thought it was my appendix. When I start puking had my wife take me into the ER. In the course of diagnosis had to get xrays and a cat scan.

The xray tech mentioned a couple of time that I didn't look like an emergency room patient.

Now I understand why.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Damn straight! I tend to be a happy and frequent pooper, but when I get an occasional bout of bunged-up-itis (usually due to eating too much hospital food, yecchhh!!) I feel miserable. I dunno how people go around like that, but I know there's tons of folks who are ALWAYS constipated. Misery!

I have no doubt of it!
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

She sure looks constipated...
I'm just a regular guy. cool
Oh, my goodness! Yep. The blonde, that is... the brunette, meh...
Doc,
You should seriously consider PC izing this rant for calumnous language and send it for publication in "legacy media" outlets. It's something that needs to be said. Out loud.
Dave, the people who need to change their behavior will never read it. I read articles and letters about this problem in medical journals all the time, but it's not reaching the target population. Even if it did, I doubt they'd modify their behavior.
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

She's not marbled, she's bouldered.
I like to think North Dakotans, on average, are not quite so ridiculous.

If those young ladies were married to a man, they would learn not to act that way rather quickly. And their children would know that "if it doesn't kill you then it makes you stronger."
Originally Posted by add

Perhaps.

Pneumoceph (n): new'-moh-seff. Abbreviated form of pneumocephalus, a latin term which translates literally as air-head.

Definitely medical jargon. It's been in general use since I was in medical school, at least.

Oh man are we going back a ways. It's been a while and you have the PHD so correct my Latin if I'm wrong but is it true that there is no cure? OMG!
One of the places I lived have called these gals milking short horns.

Jim
Most every young woman's mother has to her to not talk with her mouth full. Bill Clinton an excellent means of shutting Monica up. Of course there's some girls I would not let get near anything that had much importance to me.

Jim

Cause of bad bowel habit is almost always lousy diet with inadequate intake of fiber and water, although heredity does play some role. [/quote][/quote]Way, way to much information
If you've not seen it watch the movie Idiocracy with Luke Wilson. It really makes you think. Wilson character is just an average Joe who is supposed to be involved in a military hibernation experiment. Something goes wrong and he wakes up 500 years in the future and is now the worlds smartest person.

A really dumb movie on one level, but also prophetic.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...F-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004
Scary!!
Gotta apologise for my last post. It makes no sence and no matter how many times I tried I couldn't make it make any damned sense. WTF This damned computer will no longer spell check cut, paste or quote. It even posted itself without my input. Mea culpa

edit: that blond, umm, dang, thank you

There are quite a few here that have diarrhea of the mouth and real constipation problems with thoughts.
Wyogal

Well, since it is accurate these days to say that people with the lowest education tend to have the poorest health outcome,
welcome to the reality of having to treat them or even deal with them. They all think they are smart and special.

I disagree with your analogy at least 100% as I am probably the least school educated person here but just might be right at the top of the class where being healthy enters in. Especially for others of my age.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Reminds me of the time I was dispatched on a rescue call that sounded as if a young kid was drowning and trapped in the rocks at a popular deep in the woods swimming hole. Upon arrival we found a teen-age female (who would have field dressed over 250) who after skinning up her ankle then sat down wailing that she couldn't get out of the water. Volunteer firemen had called for an ambulance. I asked her equally stupid mother if she could afford $1500 for an ambulance ride for someone hardly injured. She informed that they didn't pay. They had a card. I cancelled the ambulance, and summoned enough help to drag the blimp to mom's car, and told mom to get her out of there. That was the last I heard of it.Pissed me off that somebody would be so unmindful of spending state money. We saved the ambulance call but still 4 firemen, 2 deputies, and 2 state game wardens responded to what sounded like a true emergency. No wonder so much bad stuff happens when you tie up doctors, deputies, firemen, etc. etc. on such crap as this.

I don't know the criteria for charging someone criminally for a false emergency services call but this sounds like it ought to qualify. Hope no real emergencies went unattended during this response.
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Gotta apologise for my last post. It makes no sence and no matter how many times I tried I couldn't make it make any damned sense. WTF This damned computer will no longer spell check cut, paste or quote. It even posted itself without my input. Mea culpa

edit: that blond, umm, dang, thank you

Pneumoceph. wink
C[quote=DocRocket]Well, yesterday I had a surfeit of empty-headed young females seeking medical attention, and at the end of the day I was literally questioning how our species can be expected to survive.

A person I know very well, a neurosurgeon radiologist, told me the other day that he and another had concluded, "most people are just not very good at their jobs." One could add to that, "most are not too good at life either."

I responded, "it makes sense; we learned a long time ago that most people are average And Below.." Pneumocephs are quite common as it turns out. [/

Edit: neuro radiologist, not "neurosurgeon radiologist."

Keep in mind these idiots are proud products of our wondrous 'public education system'...

The money-sucking bastids..
As to the OP, I hear ya, doc.

But that doesn't mean I'm glad to be an old fart!! And I'm not even that old.
ER's are awesome!

My favorite ER story involves a switch blade, hallucinogenics, stab wounds, two guys in fish net tank tops, a guy with a thrown out back, and a pregnant bitch in a wheel chair, and of course the police.

It was uber!
Doc

Me thinks I'd enjoy having a shot of scotch with you!!
And they vote...

And breed and reproduce, nothing breeds stupid but more stupid, it gets worse every passing generation.

Can you imagine a really stupid Grandad looking over generations of his family and saying to himself, "Boy, these are about a bunch of stupid sombithes here"

Sorry about the 'brain-busters' at work Doc.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Doc

Me thinks I'd enjoy having a shot of scotch with you!!

Glenmorangie 12 year old is the nectar of the Gods. wink

I have long held the opinion that if idiot young females were removed from the population, America would be a much healthier place...

Even Ann Coulter maintains that America should have NEVER allowed women to vote.
Originally Posted by mathman
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

She's not marbled, she's bouldered.

Where do I send the bill for a new keyboard! smile
Many years ago, I was involved in healthcare management. Both of the major medical centers that I worked for had more than their share of medicaid patients. Since the care was "free", it held no value for many of these people and they missed appointments nearly 40% of the time at our urban clinics. As such, we typically over-booked the primary care clinics by 15%, so that a physician was scheduled to see 29 patients during a seven hour clinic, assuming that he would actually see 25.

Interestingly, rural medicaid patients were much more likely to make their appointments or, if they couldn't, they would usually call, apologize for disrupting our schedule, and reschedule.

Entitlement is a dangerous slippery slope. While a little is good, the line between a little and too much isn't well defined and entitlement is highly addictive.
Originally Posted by jnyork

Cowboy up, George, it aint for sissies.

Beats the alternative, I suppose. grin

You and RickyD--thanks gentlemen! Yea, you gotta be tough (minded) to get old.
Doc, you should buy lotto tickets when you get three pneumocephs in a row without so much as one fecalcephalic, craniorectal inversion or a full blown assfacius.

American healthcare is screwed. Sad and sorry.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
ER's are awesome!

My favorite ER story involves a switch blade, hallucinogenics, stab wounds, two guys in fish net tank tops, a guy with a thrown out back, and a pregnant bitch in a wheel chair, and of course the police.

It was uber!

That DOES sound uber!

I got a lotta ER stories. Excluding the ones with foreign bodies involved, I'd have to say my favorite involves a naked gal (well-marbled), two cops, four firemen, and a police dog. Either that or the one with that hot redhead nurse that used to work with me, two horny 16-year-olds, dental braces, a zipper fly, and a pair of pliers from my pickup truck tool box. Or maybe the one...
Originally Posted by add

Thanks!

Ain't it grand to have educated friends in low places grin
Originally Posted by smokepole
As to the OP, I hear ya, doc.

But that doesn't mean I'm glad to be an old fart!! And I'm not even that old.

Yah. Me too.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by add

Thanks!

Ain't it grand to have educated friends in low places grin

Texas is 'south' not 'low'.
Stop listening to Travis.
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That blonde is gorgeous but I'm betting very high maintenance. frown
Chubby chops on the other hand would probably be very grateful. After all, more bounce to the ounce. whistle
Paul B.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Doc, you should buy lotto tickets when you get three pneumocephs in a row without so much as one fecalcephalic, craniorectal inversion or a full blown assfacius.

American healthcare is screwed. Sad and sorry.

Unreal but true, instituted by commies elected by congenital dumbasses.
I resemble that remark!

Are you certain about that Doc?

I could just see jorge chuckling as ET had to wipe that stuff off his schlong eek shocked grin
My last - and maybe only - ER visit was because I was having chest pains. The two guys on duty were reading magazines behind the window, not at all interested in whatever my problem might be - until I said "chest pain". They immediately strapped me to a gurney, put an IR of something in my arm, and began 2 days of pure torture. I was admitted to the hospital, tested beyond my endurance, threatened with insulin injections (I am NOT insulin dependent!). Before they would finally let me out, I had to agree to a stress test. The nurse running the treadmill got mad because she thought she had talked me into a chemical stress test, but I changed my mind (on the advice of another nurse) - and the Doctor told her that was within my rights. She ran that treadmill much faster and longer than necessary - damn near killed me.

I will never, ever go to an ER again, although I have taken my accident-prone wife in a few times.

And I know of dead beats who go to the ER for aspirin when they have a slight headache - because (for them) its free.
China removed females for a while.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
China removed females for a while.

Yup and paying for it now. Do you know how hard it is for the avg man to find a wife in China. Many young men will never marry or have kids because of that policy. LOL although I think that works for the best for the rest of the world.
And you have a problem with that?
Originally Posted by hatari
I resemble that remark!

That's getting mighty picky.... smile

Be mighty careful or I'll have my secret sqwerls put up MORE posters advertising the world's most interesting Doc is working at that ER and have his "special enema" for intestinal problems!! grin

[Linked Image]

I'm saving that for NWA.

Eyeball said Pneumoceph. Hahahaha now THAT'S funny. Yep, guilty as charged. Still trying to get this damned machine functioning properly. Hope prevails. I assume that the vodka and Fireball doesn't help, might be wrong. This damned thing still won't quote, spell-check, cut or paste. It does post cuss words well though. Small victories. It's like the terminator, it's become self-aware. Probably realizes that it doesn't need me anymore. Eh, annoying but no matter, that blond on page 5 though, DANG, EPIC. Oh, BTW sobriety is overated. Retirement isn't.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I resemble that remark!

Are you certain about that Doc?

I could just see jorge chuckling as ET had to wipe that stuff off his schlong eek shocked grin

OMG. Yes, I just typed "OMG" and meant it. Laffin' here! The visual of that one is just TFF. Holy schitt. OMG. Just OMG.
Originally Posted by PJGunner
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That blonde is gorgeous but I'm betting very high maintenance. frown

I ain't sayin' I'd be willing to pick up her hairdresser & makeup bills, dude!

And let's face it... she'd be so far outta my league in real life it ain't even a consideration. But a man can dream, cain't he??
grin
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

Be mighty careful or I'll have my secret sqwerls put up MORE posters advertising the world's most interesting Doc is working at that ER and have his "special enema" for intestinal problems!! grin

Please see my second to last post. OMG. Not that I'm tryin' to visualize yer drippin' dick, dude... but OMG. I'm wrecked for the day now.

I'm gonna kill 2legit next time I see him. LOLOL
That blonde may be a pneumoceph - but I'm betting most males have no interest in her IQ, anyway.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

We survive because these empty-headed young females are easily separated from their undies.

And, often go commando.
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I see that the fat chick is holding hands with another woman. Either that or maybe Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.
She's sucking her teeth like she's thinking of something yummy to eat, like a can of Crisco.
speaking of the survival of the human race, as though it's in our own handss.. if figure the two-stranded DNA design has about reached it's limits of success or viability.

what's needed now, or in the near future, is a four-stranded DNA design. it'll leap=frog us into the future, and into galactic and inter-galactic space travel.

for all of us to survive on this Earth, it'd have to be at least four times larger than it is now. that's unreasonable. so reaching out into space, now that's an option.

breeding age females should remain protected at all costs. they are, afterall our future.

speaking of true challenges, just consider integrating the two-stranded DNA and the four-stranded DNA into a sustainable system. can it happen in our time?
Originally Posted by mathman
She's sucking her teeth like she's thinking of something yummy to eat, like a can of Crisco.

Fat chicks trying to look sexy is plain ole nasty. sick

I work in a college town and the Fire dept here responds several times a year to some dipschit gal that is having her period.
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

Please see my second to last post. OMG. Not that I'm tryin' to visualize yer drippin' dick, dude... but OMG. I'm wrecked for the day now.

I'm gonna kill 2legit next time I see him. LOLOL

dangit! I knew better than to acquiese to ironbender's request to use my puter! mad

turns out I'm a dead man walkin! eek
Weak. very weak.
Originally Posted by Gus
speaking of the survival of the human race, as though it's in our own handss.. if figure the two-stranded DNA design has about reached it's limits of success or viability.

what's needed now, or in the near future, is a four-stranded DNA design. it'll leap=frog us into the future, and into galactic and inter-galactic space travel.

for all of us to survive on this Earth, it'd have to be at least four times larger than it is now. that's unreasonable. so reaching out into space, now that's an option.

breeding age females should remain protected at all costs. they are, afterall our future.

speaking of true challenges, just consider integrating the two-stranded DNA and the four-stranded DNA into a sustainable system. can it happen in our time?

holy fugg gus!!!!!! this thread was about dumb chicks on welfare making life a living hell for medical care types in the er
and the benefits of taking a good healthy shyt on a regular basis

you turned it into an episode of ancient aliens on the history channel

laugh laugh laugh
Gus's old three line posts used to be weird but enigmatic.

His latest ones, spanning multiple sentences, confirm the enigmatic.
Yeah. I have to chuckle when I read scientific-illiterates expounding on science they haven't the faintest glimmer of an inkling about. It's really common on social media. I get a lotta laughs reading Facebook posts. Gus' "four-strand DNA" post is priceless... the guy has a wonderful imagination, if a fairly tenuous grasp of biochemistry and molecular biology.
I think interesting pharmaceuticals influence Gus.
if we only had soylent green for chow
then the worlds population problem in gus,s mind wouldn't be a problem

gus is special for sure!!!!!!
he is mad still cause he never made it to Vietnam like the rest of his peers and had to spend his time in the army as a infantryman working in some battalion s-1 at ft hood texas typing and doing everyones paper work for their 201 file

that is about as much as I can theorize from all his cryptic postings

but I still enjoy his post

kinda like putting up with the looney uncle like most families have

duck dynasty has uncle sy
24hr has uncle gus

hahahahahaa!!!

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I read an article just this last week about a girl in England who died of not having bowel movements. Obviously she had a mental condition but she thought BM's would injure her so she quit going. After 8 weeks of retaining it, her abdomen became distended (no kidding!) and it killed her. They did an autopsy to find out what the problem was. I can't imagine being the pathologist on that one.

You would have to post that! It reminds me of the story of the two Ole Swede Brothers and their Boar Hog and the prize for the biggest heaviest hog at the County Fair.

It had something to do with a cork stopper and their Pet Monkey after the County Fair.
I resemble that remark!

Well I don't know about remark. I've heard some pretty wild sea stories about sailors on liberty while in foreign ports during long summer cruises.
Never mind the skinned ankle. How about the guy who called EMS because his back hurt, and they found him standing in the yard waiting for them. When they got to the ER, he told the doc he was ok, he just needed a ride into town to see his girl friend. And he left on foot, headed for her place.

Waste of skin, that one.
Yeah. I have to chuckle when I read scientific-illiterates expounding on science they haven't the faintest glimmer of an inkling about. It's really common on social media. I get a lotta laughs reading Facebook posts. Gus' "four-strand DNA" post is priceless... the guy has a wonderful imagination, if a fairly tenuous grasp of biochemistry and molecular biology.

the latest "theory" I've read about postulates life it's very self came to this planet from somewhere in intergalactic space.

but, how could that possibly be?
'yes sir"
'
"no sir" (or ma am)

"thank you"

All you need to know when pulled over by a cop with an attitude

Works in all countries.Have used these phrases when pulled over by cops all over the US, including Texas,NYC- Mexico, Canada, Russia, Germany, Kazakhstan

nary a problem

Can file a complaint later and avoid a lot of hassle
Gus, Gus, GusGusGus...

That is not a "theory". It is merely conjecture.

Conjecture is useful only as a starting point in the scientific method. It isn't a scientific fact, a theory, or even a hypothesis (although it may be based on science), but is simply an idea thrown out for discussion. Conjecture, in the context of a set of valid observations, may lead to a hypothesis; and by testing that hypothesis sufficiently you might eventually develop a theory.

But calling the idea that all life came from another planet a theory is a grammar-school mistake.

Now, suggesting that four-stranded DNA might somehow be an improvement over existing two-stranded DNA isn't even conjecture. It's science fiction, very light on the "science" and heavy on the "fiction".

All forms of life on this planet, from the simplest protobacteria to the most complex vertebrate, contain more or less the same enzymes, subtrates, and cofactors needed to make RNA and DNA. Even primitive viral DNA is in essence no different than human DNA, which is why viruses can infect our bodies and make us sick.

Anyone who has survived a year of freshman chemistry and has then gone on to organic chemistry as a sophomore as prerequisites for beginning a study of biochemistry (in which the study of DNA begins) knows that the double-helix strands of a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) molecule form up in pair fashion for a bunch of reasons. For the same reason that RNA is always single-stranded, DNA is always double-stranded. To make a four-stranded nucleic acid chain, you would need to start with completely different chemical substrates, and a completely new set of enzymes to synthesize the various pieces and parts. DNA could never be four-stranded for these very well-understood chemical reasons, and if a four-stranded nucleic acid chain existed somewhere, it wouldn't be based on ribose or deoxyribose; it would have to be based on some completely different chemistry that does not exist, and never has existed, on planet Earth. Four-stranded nucleic acid chains are not something that will ever "evolve" on our planet, from species that live on this planet.

Thanks for provoking me to write this post. It's interesting to me on multiple levels.

Besides, it's giving me an excuse not to go out and clean the garage.

Doc, that second girl who "just wanted to book it", knew is was BS. She was just there for a DR. note so she could play hooky from work.
Gus, Gus, GusGusGus...

Conjecture is useful only as a starting point in the scientific method. It isn't a scientific fact, a theory, or even a hypothesis (although it may be based on science), but is simply an idea thrown out for discussion. Conjecture, in the context of a set of valid observations, may lead to a hypothesis; and by testing that hypothesis sufficiently you might eventually develop a theory.

But calling the idea that all life came from another planet a theory is a grammar-school mistake.

Now, suggesting that four-stranded DNA might somehow be an improvement over existing two-stranded DNA isn't even conjecture. It's science fiction, very light on the "science" and heavy on the "fiction".

All forms of life on this planet, from the simplest protobacteria to the most complex vertebrate, contain more or less the same enzymes, subtrates, and cofactors needed to make RNA and DNA. Even primitive viral DNA is in essence no different than human DNA, which is why viruses can infect our bodies and make us sick.

Anyone who has survived a year of freshman chemistry and has then gone on to organic chemistry as a sophomore as prerequisites for beginning a study of biochemistry (in which the study of DNA begins) knows that the double-helix strands of a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) molecule form up in pair fashion for a bunch of reasons. For the same reason that RNA is always single-stranded, DNA is always double-stranded. To make a four-stranded nucleic acid chain, you would need to start with completely different chemical substrates, and a completely new set of enzymes to synthesize the various pieces and parts. DNA could never be four-stranded for these very well-understood chemical reasons, and if a four-stranded nucleic acid chain existed somewhere, it wouldn't be based on ribose or deoxyribose; it would have to be based on some completely different chemistry that does not exist, and never has existed, on planet Earth. Four-stranded nucleic acid chains are not something that will ever "evolve" on our planet, from species that live on this planet.

Thanks for provoking me to write this post. It's interesting to me on multiple levels.

well, I certainly accept that's what they have taught in schools for the longest. and so far, so good. I grant you that.

others, less well-taught have thought that at one time there was 12 stranded genetic base that empowered life on Earth. but, something (an event?) caused only the two-stranded to survive. and yes, it does all curve, rotate, or spiral in the same direction, I reckon no matter if it's ape, fish, or sea lion, etc.

no bio-genetic engineer myself, trust me on that one. but, I believe there's more to the story than the textbooks currently in use choose (or are able) to resolve.

as to cleaning the garage, my needs it in the worst way, but it's much more fun to investigate science fiction.

Well said, Doc.

Don't get me going on lawyer/politicians expounding on behavioral science.

Causes of crime, poverty, violence, guns, blah, blah blah, not to mention economics. Correlation, causation, what's the difference? It's just "common sense", y'know.

"Common sense", that once held that the world was flat and that man could never fly, among other prevailng self-evident truths.

Paul
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

You would have to post that! It reminds me of the story of the two Ole Swede Brothers and their Boar Hog and the prize for the biggest heaviest hog at the County Fair.

It had something to do with a cork stopper and their Pet Monkey after the County Fair.

grin eek grin
Gus, Gus, GusGusGus...

Ummm, yeah I was JUST going to say that.... smirk
"Common sense", that once held that the world was flat and that man could never fly, among other prevailng self-evident truths.

You mean it isn't?!?

Causes of crime, poverty, violence, guns, blah, blah blah, not to mention economics. Correlation, causation, what's the difference? It's just "common sense", y'know.

Seems to be the trend today. You can either roll up your sleeves and fix the problem or sit back, sip a latte, and theorize. All while dreaming of outrageous speaking fees and academic adulation.
Dave, the people who need to change their behavior will never read it. I read articles and letters about this problem in medical journals all the time, but it's not reaching the target population. Even if it did, I doubt they'd modify their behavior.

I think that's where guys like you come in.

With your professionally-honed skills at human interaction, you are in the perfect position to apply some humiliation therapy. grin
Think Dr. House. laugh
Ha! Pneumocephs, good one!
If you want to get just as distraught at those sucking up government services and funds, look at the legal system. My wife is taking on cases for child protective services and it's mind boggling how many lawyers, judges, foster parents, counselors, psychologists, etc., are tied up every time the state steps in to take the kids away from people who never should have reproduced in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could cut government expenses in half by culling the dregs.
In his book “Genetic Entropy” Dr. John Sanford theorizes our species is not going to survive. Each generation is passing about 100 mutations to the next, and in about 300 generations (6,000 years) we will no longer be able to produce viable offspring.

In other words, with each passing generation, humans are getting smaller, weaker and dumber, as evidenced by a trip to Wal-Mart. A comprehensive list of genetically-related diseases would crash the 24HCF server.
Where do you find the smaller people at Walmart???

All I see is the 400+ # heifers riding the handicap scooters because they're too fat to walk.
The Walmart I go to has it's share of heifers but there are a few hotties there as well. The Walmart over by the new Costco location had a lot of good looking young ladies there. Some are quite friendly too.
Paul B.
God only knows what will happen to these idiot young females when the free medical care gravy train grinds to a halt.

Best thing that could happen if their medical expenses were deducted directly from their makeup account. Or their Ipod account. miles
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Where do you find the smaller people at Walmart???

All I see is the 400+ # heifers riding the handicap scooters because they're too fat to walk.

Around here... not that many over about 200 typically. LOL. Actually lots of skinny folks at ours, but I still say ours wasn't typical, but now that its a larger newer one some weird folks are showing up from out of town that make you wonder....

Only a few 400 pounders that I"m aware of around here, but since they live here, I see them weekly somewhere at a minimum.
I was just commenting on the reverse of darwinism being smaller people as that I haven't seen.

We have all sorts of freaks at the midtown Walmart. My son refuses to go there, as he says, "Those people are sketchy"
Originally Posted by milespatton
God only knows what will happen to these idiot young females when the free medical care gravy train grinds to a halt.

Best thing that could happen if their medical expenses were deducted directly from their makeup account. Or their Ipod account. miles

Miles, stop trying to inject 'common sense' into the thread. grin

It would work.... so it aint agonna happen.
© 24hourcampfire