Home
Posted By: jd9770 Americans - 07/31/15
So today while moving to a new customer in PA I came across this, it is a solemn place but
it also makes me proud to be an American. As I walked around the memorial grounds, I
started smiling. I thought those brave folk decided that they may die but were NOT going to
let the bastards kill anyone else. That is why they should be remembered as the hero's they are and not as victims.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Americans - 07/31/15
A BIG +1
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Americans - 07/31/15
They are heros and should always be remembered as such.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Americans - 07/31/15
Yup.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Americans - 07/31/15
Around here, you'd think people would be happy some californians and a bunch of new yorkers bit the dust.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Americans - 07/31/15
Damn Mannlicker you changed your avatar.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Americans - 07/31/15
Funny..
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Americans - 07/31/15
I thought so.

That monument represents true idyllic American heroism. Even if there is any grain of truth to the naysayers that claim otherwise, the import is in the symbolism. Like the cowboy, and the minuteman, those things are important.
Posted By: g5m Re: Americans - 07/31/15
Thanks for posting the photo. They were heroes.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Americans - 07/31/15
We have visited Shanksville several times. The crash site is in some wide open country, which makes you wonder if there was some divine intervention going on there. Those were some amazing Americans!
Posted By: Scott F Re: Americans - 07/31/15
+1
Posted By: sherp Re: Americans - 07/31/15
Truly a great sacrifice to save the very people that prevented them from having the most effectual means of resistance.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Americans - 08/01/15
Thanks for the post
+3 on they are all Heros
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Americans - 08/01/15
The bravery that occurred on that flight is a strong contrast to what atrocities the POS and his administration perpetrate on Americans now.

I hope we always remember, and don't forget.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Americans - 08/01/15
Great memorial and heroes. They should have inscribed the immortal words, "Let's Roll!"
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Americans - 08/01/15
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Great memorial and heroes. They should have inscribed the immortal words, "Let's Roll!"

You're right.
Posted By: byc Re: Americans - 08/01/15
For the most part, I always made it a point to stop, read and reflect on all National monuments or tributes to America's events and her great people.

But now I invest twice the time and really try to get a visual on all that happened with current standing monuments or remembrances. Mainly because they are taking them down much faster than they're putting them up, which could be a good thing.

Point being if you see a rock with writing on it take the time to investigate and reflect the likely hero's being celebrated.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Americans - 08/01/15
outstanding post!

welcome to the 'fire

you bring up such a valid point, they were heroes, not victims

and THAT is exactly what the 2nd amendment guarantees us. Not that having a firearm will prevent your death or injury from those that would do you harm

but it gives you a fighting chance to prevail and if not prevail at least go out on your own terms as a fighting man that will extract a possible punishment to your oppressors.

We are so fortunate that over 200 years ago wise men declared it was a God given right for a man (or woman) to defend themselves, regardless of what the outcome might be.

That spineless pukes afraid of their own shadows would try and deprive us of such today only increases my contempt for them.
© 24hourcampfire