Home
Is Seattle next when Mount Rainier pops??

Could happen one of these days.

L.W.
No.

If Rainier goes it will be south of Seattle that is hit the hardest, Puyallup, Fife, Federal Way, and a schit load of smaller towns. But Seattle has very little if any runoff from Rainier.
dam.
There are a few volcanoes that when they go, life on earth will change forever, and a few others that could change human existence in ways we can't imagine.
Mexico City
Mexico City is in a caldera. If that one reawakens, the city will be engulfed in lava. Different, and far more destructive (though to the inhabitants, just as deadly).
Originally Posted by 4ager
Mexico City is in a caldera. If that one reawakens, the city will be engulfed in lava. Different, and far more destructive (though to the inhabitants, just as deadly).

Refried,,,,,,,, dare I say it,,,,,,,,,,, Beans?
Posted By: g5m Re: WHEN MASSIVE VOLCANOS EXPLODE. - 08/14/15
Yosemite?

Good video. When St.Helens blew we had ash on the car- slight- in Oklahoma City.
Originally Posted by g5m
Yosemite?

That's one. When it goes, Kansas City will look like Pompei, and perhaps Memphis as well.
it happened in the phillipines in 91. they ended up pulling US forces out of Clark AB forever, which for those who are familiar, was huge. i think the biggest US base in the world at the time. i remember seeing that big old fugger way out there smoking away when i spent a few booze fueled weeks there in 84.

http://geography.about.com/od/globalproblemsandissues/a/pinatubo.htm

No great loss, I dare say. wink
Originally Posted by g5m
Yosemite?

That's one. When it goes, Kansas City will look like Pompei, and perhaps Memphis as well.

Do you mean Yellowstone? I don't think Yosemite is a super volcano and from what I can find on the web, volcanic activity there has been extinct for 5 million years.

Now Yellowstone, that's a whole 'nother story.
Yellowstone is the big one. Yosemite is a scenic valley smile

Mammoth Mountain, in California was threatening to erupt, when I lived there, as the ground was rising a few inches a year. There have been a few people killed by volcanic gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth_Mountain

If Mammoth were to blow in winter, it could melt a pile of snow, and cause a lot of havoc in California.
California deserves havoc and a place in the Pacific Ocean.
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by g5m
Yosemite?

Do you mean Yellowstone? I don't think Yosemite is a super volcano and from what I can find on the web, volcanic activity there has been extinct for 5 million years.

Now Yellowstone, that's a whole 'nother story.

Correct; I had the Ys confused.
Cubrea Vieja in the Spanish Canary Islands. Nest eruption would collapse the entire western side of the volcano into the Atlantic. A MEGA tsunami would be generated. Est. at 300m in height and 60 kms long(depth). The entire eastern coast of N. America would be FUQKED!!! 60 km length means it will reach that far inland. It would take about 5 hours to arrive here at est. velocity of 500 mph. It could occur at ANYTIME.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Yellowstone is the big one. Yosemite is a scenic valley smile

Mammoth Mountain, in California was threatening to erupt, when I lived there, as the ground was rising a few inches a year. There have been a few people killed by volcanic gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth_Mountain

If Mammoth were to blow in winter, it could melt a pile of snow, and cause a lot of havoc in California.

Relax, Compadre,....they've got these black balls they can cover it with.

Black balls RULE !!!

GTC
© 24hourcampfire