Home
Posted By: shreck ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
Can't find a model number on it anywhere. .22 Single shot.
And I do know what the other is smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
Looks like one of the many versions of the Model 44
Posted By: oldgunsmith Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
Open the lever and look right behind the trigger on the lower tang. There should be a number... I believe this one is a 44. If it has a heavy barrel it is a target model and may have a different number. The photo leaves a little to be desired. Can't see the complete forend or butt plate. This would all be helpful. Hope this helps you some.

John
Posted By: joken2 Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
From what I can see in the photo, except for the style of forearm on yours, it looks like an old Stevens 'Favorite' .22 we have.
Posted By: shreck Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
OK could be a 414 on the spot you asked me to look, very worn even using a magnifying glass it's a faint thing. Two more pix.
It does have a heavy barrel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: savage24 Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
Contact member GeneB. He is the man when it comes to Stevens / Savage .22's.
Posted By: joken2 Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
Originally Posted by shreck
OK could be a 414 on the spot you asked me to look, very worn even using a magnifying glass it's a faint thing. Two more pix.
It does have a heavy barrel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's one like yours but with a scope instead of the tang site.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/11273932_stevens-model-414-armory-model-single-shot-rifle

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
That's a 414 "Military Model",....fitted up with an "incorrect" after (and later) market tang sight, and what looks like a Beech front sight. Need better pics to say fo shu.

If you want to do a little horse trading for that one, lemme know.

GTC
Posted By: shreck Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/15/15
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
That's a 414 "Military Model",....fitted up with an "incorrect" after (and later) market tang sight, and what looks like a Beech front sight. Need better pics to say fo shu.

GTC

More pix I can do, no on the trade, it's my new back yard plinker. Grandfather's gun, going to kill some tree rats with it, because. Will bench the remmy 513-t and this one to see which is the more accurate. Grandfather liked accurate rifles. Both were his. The 513-t managed to get me a state champ trophy in 4 position.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/16/15
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC
That's an impressive ID.
Posted By: poboy Re: ID this Stevens .22 - 08/16/15
Congrats on a very cool rifle shreck.
© 24hourcampfire