Home
I finished this build for my hunting buddy future Son in Law who is in his early 20's and he love hunting. He has been wanting me to build him a 25-06 for a while. I started Friday and trued the action, chambered, crowned the barrel at 24.5 inch's. Yesterday I fitted the stock and glass bedded. Today I finished the stock work and bead blasted the barrel. The barrel is an SS Shilen Select Match Number 4 contour, the stock is a Boyd Classic in Black Laminate. This is the finished rifle. I hope he likes it.

[Linked Image]
very nice work.
If he doesn't, I am sure there are a lot of folks here who would! wink
Very nice!
Good choice of barrel and contour. I have two reamed as 6mm284. I am very pleased with mine. It hangs nicely offhand without being too heavy to carry.
Anymore daughters? I love hunting grin

Oh and nice bribe by the way
Excellent!! Very Fine!!
Originally Posted by CoyoteChuck52
Anymore daughters? I love hunting grin

Oh and nice bribe by the way

Just what I was thinking. grin
bea, that's flat beautiful.
Originally Posted by bea175
I finished this build for my hunting buddy future Son in Law who is in his early 20's and he love hunting. He has been wanting me to build him a 25-06 for a while. I started Friday and trued the action, chambered, crowned the barrel at 24.5 inch's. Yesterday I fitted the stock and glass bedded. Today I finished the stock work and bead blasted the barrel. The barrel is an SS Shilen Select Match Number 4 contour, the stock is a Boyd Classic in Black Laminate. This is the finished rifle. I hope he likes it.

[Linked Image]

I think I could tolerate that wink , and I'm not a Remington fanboy.......

Looks awfully good, and I like the more-open pistol grip better than the tight thing Remington does with their stocks.
Very Nice, well done sir!
Nice dowry!
That's a lot of gunsmithing in 3 days. I am sure it will shoot as good as it looks.

Doc
Nice looking rifle. Excellent choice on wood and barrel. As for the caliber, someone chose the one that will do it all. I built one in 1969 using a M77 action and a Shilen 25-06 Premium barrel. Tack driver at 200 mtrs.
What's not to like?

He should be thrilled.

Nice job.
Pretty Slick. He should get along well with that.
Sharp looking rifle Bea175.
Very nice.
yes very nice.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Nice dowry!

Not my Daughter he is marrying, my hunting buddy Daughter. I built my SIL a AR-15 because that was what he was craving.
WOW... a "sweet-looking" tack-driver !~!~

You've obviously "got it" when it comes to building fine rifles ! NICE JOB !!!

Strength & Honor,

Ron T.
Nice work!
That's one way to keep the boy around. I like how the stainless barrel "pops" against the stock.

Nice work, let us know how it shoots.
Im not sure I could ever give a son-in-law a gun. Id be too temped to make a compressed load of blue dot if he pizzed me off.
I didn't know you had a lathe you sorry dog. Nice work. I do admire the Boyds, sold all my Mickys and Manners , put 2k back in my pocket and run the LW varminters, still shooting in the .25s. go figure wink
Originally Posted by bea175

[Linked Image]

That looks great!
Looks great. What glass?

Bet it shoots!
I believe he has a Bushnell Elite he is going to mount on it until he can get a Zeiss Conquest. By the way the rifle started out a Plastic Stock 30-06 ADL with the plastic trigger guard. I had a new Brownell ADL Steel Gaurd so I gave it to him and replaced the plastic one with it after the bedding job.
© 24hourcampfire