Home
Posted By: drover No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I have worn Levi's all of my life, they were always my jeans of choice but no more, I will not spend money with a company that is openly supporting the LGBT movement and making a run of pants to celebrate the movement.

http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped...;utm_campaign=outbrain_desktop_evergreen

drover

p.s. - any suggestions about another brand of jeans that fit and feel like Levi's?
Posted By: rattler Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
but you were fine when they were anti gun all these years?
Posted By: Wtxj Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Levi's have backed lgbt movement for at least 20 years. Switched way back.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by drover

p.s. - any suggestions about another brand of jeans that fit and feel like Levi's?

Well yes, something that doesn't have a rainbow on the outside and a butt-plug on the inside.
Posted By: 700LH Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Wranglers fit better anyway.

Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
A local farm store carries Dickies for about $18 a pair.
They fit fine and last as long as the more expensive ones. I'm into price and function, not brand names.
Posted By: SEdge Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Levi's haven't been welcome at a cowboy match for as long as I can remember. Always wore Wranglers.
Posted By: 1minute Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
So, will that run have zippers on both the front and the back?
Posted By: Wyogal Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
My area is Wranglers only. And Carhartts show up often. Never see a pair of Levi's 'cept when the Colorado tourists pass through.
Posted By: 86thecat Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I know it's tough to keep up on the politics of every company we buy stuff from.. but thought everyone was aware of Levi's proclivities.
Posted By: Teal Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by rattler
but you were fine when they were anti gun all these years?

This

Originally Posted by 700LH

This and at 1/2 the price.
I quit Levis in the '90s when they quit donating to the Boy Scouts. Wranglers for years and Carhartts now.
Posted By: WranglerJohn Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Being a guy that wore Levi's most of his life, especially for their longevity, I switched when they stopped making jeans that fit my bulked up legs from too much weight lifting and hard work. Wrangler's were the westerner's favorite, seems even cowboy types wear a uniform and follow fashion trends. When I retired, I found labels on these products that showed they were no longer US made. Then I found this brand, US made, stronger than a tow strap, they even make biker jeans with Kevlar reinforcement (I haven't ridden a bike since 1980 so no application). I haven't worn a pair out yet:

http://www.americangusset.com/

Ain't cheap, but fit superbly, compliment my western shirts, cowboy packers and custom big hats.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15

Originally Posted by 1minute

TFF! grin

I think it will be a BUTT-on fly opening in the rear.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by 1minute

I got ice tea in my fuggin' nose!
Posted By: rost495 Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by 700LH

I wished I could say this...

So its Levi's still for me. But I have nothing against the gay folks, its their deal not mine.

The anti gun deal sucks. But I'm lucky I only need 2 pair of Levis at any time. Going more Carhart and Duluth lately.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Dickies, Wranglers, or Costco for me - in that order.

I love being able to point to the label and say "Kiss my Dickies."
Posted By: night_owl Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Those look like nice Jeans.
Don't like Levi's 'cause they grab my nuts.
Now it makes sense.

Carhartts are pretty decent too - I tend to wear them hunting/in the woods. They'll take a beating.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
AFAIK, Levi Strauss has been anti-gun even before I was born, and for the record that was in 1938. mad Once I learned that fact I quit wearing them and have not worn a pair since sometime in the mid 1950's. Then they came out as being against hunting in any form. I've called a few people out that I knew were shooters and hunters on how coming you're supporting the enemy. This gay support crap is just more icing on a very crappy cake than I will never partake of. Note to Levi Strauss, GFY and I mean that in the nastiest form possible. mad
Paul B.
Posted By: milespatton Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Carhartts are pretty decent too - I tend to wear them hunting/in the woods. They'll take a beating.

I have been wearing Carharts for several years, but last year they quit making the style that I wore. I bought another style that looked similar, but I do not like them. I am on the hunt for something else. What I was wearing was a carpenter type jean will hammer loops and tool pockets. The newer style has that but do not fit right. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton

I have been wearing Carharts for several years, but last year they quit making the style that I wore. I bought another style that looked similar, but I do not like them. I am on the hunt for something else. What I was wearing was a carpenter type jean will hammer loops and tool pockets. The newer style has that but do not fit right. miles

Duluth Trading Co might have what you're looking for.
Posted By: rattler Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by teal

thats what i mostly wear anymore, especially for work....
Posted By: Huntz Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by teal

thats what i mostly wear anymore, especially for work....

Do they really stop marauding grizzly bear attacks???
I haven't worn Levis since Jr. High! Only Colon Cowboys wear them here in N. TX.
Real men wear Wranglers!

I have never seen that term used before...it is apt and descriptive.
Posted By: ihookem Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
If I ring Levis that fit at Goodwill , other than that I won't buy them.
Posted By: bea175 Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15

Carhartts
Posted By: Lonny Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
When you read on the label, "Levi Strauss and Co-San Francisco CA" does it really surprise anyone they are pro-gay and anti-gun?

I remember hearing 25 years ago about where they stood on those issues.
Posted By: roundoak Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I am ready for any rodeo that comes along while wearing Wrangler cowboy cut jeans, even changing a tire out in the middle of nowhere.

My wife brought some parts out to me and caught me in action. cool

[Linked Image]

It never fails to shock me when someone thinks that sticking their dick up another blokes arse is permissible, but owning a .22lr isn't.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Drover: Thanks for the heads up - I like to know who I am, AND, am not supporting with my purchases.
I don't have a suggestion for you right now as the VarmintWife has just always bought me Levi's?
But if I learn something I will get back to you.
I'll finish reading the other posts in this thread maybe there will be a positive suggestion there.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: coltchris Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Wrangler Boot Cut for me for MANY years!
Posted By: drover Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Has anyone tried these. The price seems to be reasonable and they state that they are 100% made in the USA. I really like that they are made here but have never seen a pair - just wondering how they fit and wear.

http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=men

I have tried Wranglers a few times but just don't like the feel of the high waist. These look like they probably fit more like Wranglers than Levi's but would like to hear from someone that has tried them.

drover
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Another option, made in the USA.

http://www.round-house.com
Posted By: Barkoff Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by Wtxj

It's a San Francisco based company.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by Barkoff

OK, 100 years then.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by Barkoff

OK, 100 years then.

SF was not always queer central, maybe the last 50 years.
My two pairs are going strong.
I've worn Wrangler boot cut for years, but haven't liked them since they are now made overseas. I'll look at some of the others linked here, but they'll have to be really good to match the Pointers.

https://www.pointerbrand.com/jeans-...edium=CPC&utm_campaign=Spring%202014
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Another option, made in the USA.

http://www.round-house.com

Wow, I had no idea that Round House was still in business in Shawnee, figured they'd moved to China like everyone else.

I need to see if they have a factory outlet, they're just a half-hour away.
Posted By: Scott F Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I have worn Levi's all of my life, they were always my jeans of choice but no more, I will not spend money with a company that is openly supporting the LGBT movement and making a run of pants to celebrate the movement.

drover

I gave up on them more than fifteen years ago when they were asking everyone to sign a petition to ban all firearms in America, promoting a music group that pushed cop killer music, and said it better to me gay than straight. I have not changed my mind about them and obviously they have not changed theirs. Now I but jeans made in the USA and costing a hell of a lot less than there over priced crap made elsewhere. Try out Texas Jeans.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
For me, it's Wrangler cowboy cut (fits over boot tops) - slim fit (regular fit falls down)

Just wondering if they still make Lee Riders? Used to wear pretty well for those they fit.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15

drover

Just finding this out now ?
Posted By: Scott F Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Has anyone tried these. The price seems to be reasonable and they state that they are 100% made in the USA. I really like that they are made here but have never seen a pair - just wondering how they fit and wear.

I have tried Wranglers a few times but just don't like the feel of the high waist. These look like they probably fit more like Wranglers than Levi's but would like to hear from someone that has tried them.

drover

They are now the only jeans I own. I love them and the company stands behind what they make. Got a pair that the stitching on the waist band started to come out. One phone call and a new pair was on the way no questions asked. Then the lady on the phone said I should ask my wife to repair the stitching and enjoy the free pair. I am wearing them today.
Posted By: EdM Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I am still wearing the Costco jeans I bought when we were living in Calgary 2004 - 2009. They were made in Canada and have just lasted.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I wear LEE jeans, haven't worn Levis since high school
That was a looong time ago
I hate shopping. I just order Cabelas jeans 2 or 3 at a time when they're on sale.
Posted By: jt402 Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I haven't worn Levi's for 60 or so years. When I was living at home as a kid, Mom bought Levis. She could care less about any corporate politics, and besides that, they were still in the closet.

I find heavy denim too heavy for Texas summer so unless one is working or playing hard enough to warrant a little extra protection, I generally wear khakis for summer. There used to be a light weight Wrangler pleated front that I really liked, but apparently I was one of few, as they are gone.

I really like the Carhart work shorts, the pants not so much. I'm thinking about Deluth ball room as my next purchase.

Jack
Posted By: joken2 Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
My parents might've bought some for me when I was a kid but I sure can't remember ever buying any new Levi jeans myself. I used to really like Lee's jeans until something changed with either the way they they fit on me or the way I fit in them. A while back I tried on some Lee's at the same time as Wranglers. Both brands were the same exact size, but the Lee's were tighter on my waist. I also noticed the front and back pockets were shallower as was the watch/change pocket on the Lee's than Wrangler jeans pockets. I like the double belt loops on both sides of the front of Wranglers, too.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by Scott F

drover

They are now the only jeans I own. I love them and the company stands behind what they make. Got a pair that the stitching on the waist band started to come out. One phone call and a new pair was on the way no questions asked. Then the lady on the phone said I should ask my wife to repair the stitching and enjoy the free pair. I am wearing them today.

I had a similar experience with Roundhouse. Good folks.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Buy Pointer Brand. They are made in Tennessee.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Carhartt Holters is what I have finally found as my go to jean. They fit very similar to Levi 550s, and seem better made.
Posted By: drover Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Thanks for the tips. The next time we go to the city I will have to check some of the suggestions out.

drover
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I wear roundhouse or duluth for work. unless i need FR rated then its tyndale. For fancy jeans, i wear whatever the wife buys me, as it leads to gettin' my bean snapped :-D
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
It fun to read these "self banning" threads. Its easy to get caught up in it. Let's so far, its no Levis, Fritos General Mills, McDonalds, Caribou, Target, Walmart et. al..
If you go deep into corporate websites, you will see who they give money to as well.

By next Tuesday, we will all be walking around wearing beach towels and eating pb&j sammiches.
I have not purchased a pair of Levis since they quit making the 557. They were cut to let a man fork a bronc. Nothing else in the Levis brand ever has been.

Levis has been marketed to the Ghetto and the yuppy ever since.

I have only worn Wranglers for over twenty years.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Carhartt Holters is what I have finally found as my go to jean. They fit very similar to Levi 550s, and seem better made.

Carhartt is all I wear as well. They wear like iron.
Posted By: djs Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Forgetting the political stance of any manufacturer I look for value and durability of any product.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Best to send an email to Levis and point out your concerns and inform them that you will be spending elsewhere. I did.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15

drover

I gave up on them more than fifteen years ago when they were asking everyone to sign a petition to ban all firearms in America, promoting a music group that pushed cop killer music, and said it better to me gay than straight. I have not changed my mind about them and obviously they have not changed theirs. Now I but jeans made in the USA and costing a hell of a lot less than there over priced crap made elsewhere. Try out Texas Jeans.

Thanks Scott F - definitely on the "things to order list" next week!
Posted By: UPhiker Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
I always used to wear Levi's. I was in two motorcycle accidents and they never tore or wore through. The last two pairs that I bought online from Kohl's were much thinner material, but the same price. I switched to Wranglers.
Posted By: add Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
By next Tuesday, we will all be walking around wearing beach towels and eating pb&j sammiches.

Not so fast bwhoop.

Switched over to a sarong lifestyle a ways back, my boys need to breath!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott F Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

drover

You are welcome. I hope the work for you like they work for me.

Thanks Scott F - definitely on the "things to order list" next week!
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15
lol add

that'll show em

I ain't wearing your jeans as you support the gays, instead I'll wear this skirt
Posted By: KFWA Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15
what if I buy them second hand? offa straight gun owners?
Posted By: drover Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Best to send an email to Levis and point out your concerns and inform them that you will be spending elsewhere. I did.

So did I, not that it will have any effect but it made me feel better anyway.

Around this part of the country most older ranchers and other outdoor folks usually wear Levi's but the younger folks wear Wranglers, I suppose it goes back to what ever brand you grew up wearing.

By the way - am the only one here old enough to remember when Wranglers were sold under the Blue Bell name instead of Wranglers?

drover
Posted By: rattler Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15

By the way - am the only one here old enough to remember when Wranglers were sold under the Blue Bell name instead of Wranglers?

drover

if thats true, ingwe should....that phugger hunted dinosaurs
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15
Levi's??

Naw!

Too much like a cheap hotel!

No ball room!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: No more Levi's for me - 09/27/15
You would think that some right-thinking person/group would establish a listing of companies with whom business should not be done so that people don't have to spend time researching each purchase and still be able to feel good about what they buy.
© 24hourcampfire