Home
Posted By: cv540 Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/30/15
A town nearby has a high population of black squirrels. People love them, but then again the town is filled with a sizable population of trust-fund-baby type liberals and they... well you know.

[Linked Image]

It got me thinking that it would be nice to have an increased awareness of them, so I came up with this.

For just a couple hundred bucks, I could get a couple dozen signs made up, put them out during the cover of darkness in strategic locations, and cause a major uproar. May create a "FundMe page."

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Black Squirrels - 10/30/15
They are all over the Texas hill country!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Black Squirrels - 10/30/15
I shot one behind the ear two weeks ago, I did my part.
Good idea! We have a good population of them in the western part of NY. They seem to be moving east. I have seen a few at one of my hunting spots about 5 miles from my home. I also saw one in Lake Placid a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 10/30/15
My mother in law lives in that town, she is convinced they bully the other squirrels,
Posted By: ingwe Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 10/30/15
My sister has them raiding her bird feeders in Michigan. She didn't know why...

So i told her it was because they heard something was free there....
Your sisters bird feeder is the equivalent of a mailbox on the 1st of the month.
that one there looks big as a fox squirrel. the ones i see in PA are small like a grey.
I'm not sure what this means but.......

[Linked Image]
Are scope cross hairs hard to make out on those little buggers? Open sites a better option?
Posted By: kciH Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 10/30/15
Do they taste like fried chicken?
Buster's not prejudice.

[Linked Image]
There's a town in Missouri that has white squirrels. They have special protections in at town... you can be fined if one of them runs out in the street in front of you and you hit it.
They have signs all over town.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 10/30/15
Originally Posted by cv540
A town nearby has a high population of black squirrels. People love them, but then again the town is filled with a sizable population of trust-fund-baby type liberals and they... well you know.

[Linked Image]

It got me thinking that it would be nice to have an increased awareness of them, so I came up with this.

For just a couple hundred bucks, I could get a couple dozen signs made up, put them out during the cover of darkness in strategic locations, and cause a major uproar. May create a "FundMe page."

[Linked Image]

Would that be Council Bluffs Iowa?

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Nope, other side of the river.
Posted By: JSH Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 10/30/15

kwg

I'm guessing you mean Iowa City. I used to see a lot of them there too for some reason.

kwg

Plenty of them in the big O.
Whites NEED special protections in parts of Missouri!
Only black squirrel I've ever seen was at Zion, IL.
This thread is SOOOOOO Racist!

I'm going to file a complaint over this...

With the Southern Poverty Law Center.....

errrrr wait a Minute, should that be with the NAACP?????

or is this a Matter for PETA????

oh Crap...........decisions decisions decisions...

I'll just contact Hillary's campaign people...

they'll know...

whistle
I'd shoot em just because they are...
Originally Posted by Seafire

they'll know...

whistle

I think her campaign people are still locked in a bathroom. smile
I have never seen a black one or a gray one in central Iowa, just the red fox squirrels. I have seen the blacks in Council bluffs. I have not seen them in eastern Iowa so if they are in Iowa City they must just be an island of them.
kwg
Posted By: cv540 Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/30/15
Come to think of it, the photo of the black squirrel in the OP does kind of have an Entitled Look on his face.

Seems to be saying "Where Da Nut at... Bitch?"
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
There's a town in Missouri that has white squirrels. They have special protections in at town... you can be fined if one of them runs out in the street in front of you and you hit it.
They have signs all over town.

See what I'm talking about, the white squirrels are protected, but the squirrels of color are left to the wolves.
will go out of my way to shoot one, even pass up a ditch couger
Oddly, I rarely see them anywhere but in town...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/30/15

they'll know...

whistle

John, file complaint with the NAACS ( National Assoc. for the Advancement of Colored Squirrels...)

PETA Doesn't care unless you turn them into....

[Linked Image]

Pic is straight from the archives of the NAAFS......... grin
Originally Posted by ingwe

they'll know...

whistle

John, file complaint with the NAACS ( National Assoc. for the Advancement of Colored Squirrels...)

PETA Doesn't care unless you turn them into....

[Linked Image]

Pic is straight from the archives of the NAAFS......... grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
we had an albino hanging around.
aint seen her in awhile thinking about it.
Posted By: cal74 Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/31/15
I've got more black "grey" squirrels around here than their gray cousins. Few kinda odd balls with reddish tails.
Posted By: JSH Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/31/15
I have never seen a black one or a gray one in central Iowa, just the red fox squirrels. I have seen the blacks in Council bluffs. I have not seen them in eastern Iowa so if they are in Iowa City they must just be an island of them.
kwg

When I was a kid in east central Iowa we had nothing but the Fox squirrels as well with the Grays sticking to the big timber farther north and east. The same property now has an even mix of Grays and Fox. I used to spend a fair amount of time in Iowa City and there was a pretty large population of the black squirrels which I believe are a color phase of the Grays. I forget exactly where I saw them but I believe in the residential neighborhoods just east of downtown.
I understand it is now a common thing to see black squirrels and squirrels of other colors together, intermingling, cohabitating and often procreating.

Statistics show these are typically black male squirrels and lighter colored females which often happen to be substantially "heavier" than normal.

twofish

[Linked Image]

I'd fund ya twenty bucks for one of those signs. smile

Them black bastids make up about 30% of the squirrel population in nearby towns around here. They breed like rats and are spreading. Funny though, you don't see many, if any, outside the city limits.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/31/15
They are obviously " Inner City" squirrels...

Thats where the handouts are.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Whatever you do, if you see a cop killing one , don't video it! eek
Originally Posted by ingwe
They are obviously " Inner City" squirrels...

Thats where the handouts are.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Whatever you do, if you see a cop killing one , don't video it! eek

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/31/15
Originally Posted by twofish

[Linked Image]

Judging by the color, he must be a 'Crip' heading to the store to buy some tea and skittles.....
Mmmmmm Hmmmm! Love that perpil drank!
Maybe someone will start a NAACS!!
Posted By: johnw Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/31/15
kwg

In years past I used to see them often in Davenport. Mostly around the Leclair Park/River Drive area.

While working near Council Bluffs, a buddy was jealous of their black squirrels and attempted a private transplant program. Haven't noticed any black squirrels yet in the area he released them.
My wife is from the tip of the mitt in Mich. There seem to be lots of black squirrels there..
We have mostly Black Squirrels here in northern Michigan but a littler may have grey & Blacks in it! they all taste the same !
Posted By: cv540 Re: Black Squirrels Lives Matter - 10/31/15
Originally Posted by johnw

While working near Council Bluffs, a buddy was jealous of their black squirrels and attempted a private transplant program.

Yeah, thats how it started with the slave ships.
I've never shot a black squirrel....Never had the opportunity to do so. But if it's in season and I'm squirrel hunting then I will shoot one. Just to make things fair and square and show my tolerance and diversity embracing inclusionary nature that promotes justice and equality for all. They seem to be few and far between around here but are seen occasionally.
Originally Posted by blanket
will go out of my way to shoot one, even pass up a ditch couger
BullChit, you have never passed up a ditch cougar and probably never will. You have my full support. grin grin
Posted By: KFWA Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 11/01/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cv540 Re: Black Squirrels Live Matter - 11/01/15
KFWA,

Looks like trouble if you dont keep those two apart.
© 24hourcampfire