Home
Has the bun buying frenzy started yet in your area?? The 4th quarter
industry sales will go out in a bang so to speak.

Doc
Doing my share. Just ordered some lowers.
I might buy a Glock.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I might buy a Glock.
If you haven't already, check out the Smith M&P in competition.
I know absolutely zero about handguns, thanks for the tip, I'll check them out right now.
No problem. Good luck.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Has the bun buying frenzy started yet in your area?? The 4th quarter
industry sales will go out in a bang so to speak.

Doc
I don't know but Obama told people to talk about gun control over Thanksgiving and they responded by buying enough new guns over the weekend to equip the entire US Marines and two Army Divisions, supposedly.
ATF gun checks were at 185,000 on Black Friday - a new one day record according to a report that I saw.
Doing my part! Bought myself an early Christmas present - Colt LW Combat Commander.. Now if the elves will put some Chip McCormick powermags in my stocking I'll be a happy camper! P H U C K O B A M A !
My son was over as Bass Pro last night and said the cases with the pistols were all but empty.
I stopped into a local store last night to do some dollar cost averaging on my .22lr portfolio. There is still a pile for sale, from various manufacturers, and the 2 box a day limit has been removed.

Activity at the gun counter was slow for the time of day. If we are going to get another big spike, I don't think it has hit my area yet.

There probably has been a spike at the County Clerk's office in requests for Pistol Permit applications. Actual sales will be months down the road.

We are selling handguns like they are going out of style!

I have no doubt that when I get to work this afternoon, there will be a line at the firearms check out.
I just picked up a stripped lower last night. That pretty much depleted my fun money for the time being.
I'm building three uppers and have a start on the lowers. 'Tis the season!
We went by one of our LGS Friday. They are on a major hwy and had a sign out front advertising AR-15s on sale. The parking lot was full and cars parked on the side of the hwy.
It has indeed begun....
I was thinking of getting some 80% lowers.

Not that there is economical value in it, but stopping at the factory and paying cash and not filling out paperwork always feels good.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[quote=SamOlson]I might buy a Glock.
If you haven't already, check out the Smith M&P in competition. [/quote

For a longtime rifle shooter, the Glock seems strange. The first pistol I bought was a Glock, after shooting rifles and revolvers for years.

I never could get used to the long trigger pull and the "plastic feel" so I sold it and stuck with revolvers until one day I picked up a S&W 410 P in 40 Cal. It's a "Commander" sized pistol and I really like it. I shoot it about as well as my revolvers, which is to say I'm a notch above mediocre.

I suggest finding someone who will let you shoot their Glock before you buy one.
Originally Posted by ingwe
It has indeed begun....

I pretty much have enough guns.

I wonder if a person can have too much ammo though... wink

That's be like having too much money. grin

Never happen.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ingwe
It has indeed begun....

I pretty much have enough guns.

I wonder if a person can have too much ammo though... wink

That's be like having too much money. grin

Never happen.

If a man has eight Grandkids and wants each of them to have a rifle, a shotgun, and a handgun, that's twenty-four right there.

I'm O K. grin
Thinking about an El Paso M1942 shoulder holster For my 1911. Tried my compadre's on and I like it. Just for wearing around the ranch and the place.
I bought another lower after the speech on Sunday night.
Ammo sales are spiking here, the local gun show vendors were pretty happy this weekend.

Some upward increase in gun sales, but no "panic buying" yet.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thinking about an El Paso M1942 shoulder holster For my 1911. Tried my compadre's on and I like it. Just for wearing around the ranch and the place.

el paso is expensive try these guys. They work fine:
http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/product_detail.php?ItemID=113
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Not buying Chinee leather!
Last I checked primary arms still had Anderson lowers in stock for $40
My ffl checked inventory on AR's and his supplier had sold 2000 in a few days and were out.
There were 10 or 12 basic Colt LE6920's for sale on gunbroker by the same seller, all at a very good buy it now price. Saturday night all but three of them were sold within the space of a couple of hours even though the ads had been up for a few days. The next morning the last three were also gone.

Checked two Sportsman's Warehouse stores and they couldn't keep a Ruger AR556 on the shelf for more than two days, and each store had already sold one that day when I checked in the late morning this past Saturday.
I went by the gun counter at Sportsmen and I see lots of people at the counter. Most are filling out forms. I saw a couple, must have been in their seventies and they had two Bushmasters, laying in front of them. The were filing out paper work.. I saw a shotgun laying by them. no thought of them buying AR's, until I saw a young guy pick up the shotgun. I don't know if you call it a rush, but sure a lot of people buying themselves Christmas presents.
Originally Posted by WildWest
I went by the gun counter at Sportsmen and I see lots of people at the counter. Most are filling out forms. I saw a couple, must have been in their seventies and they had two Bushmasters, laying in front of them. The were filing out paper work.. I saw a shotgun laying by them. no thought of them buying AR's, until I saw a young guy pick up the shotgun. I don't know if you call it a rush, but sure a lot of people buying themselves Christmas presents.

Those will be for sale at 3 times what they paid for them once the panic ensues to an acceptable profit margin.
I might buy a Glock.

I'm not a handgun person either, but set out to buy a Glock as my first full sized semi-auto and wound up buying the M&P because of the ergonomics. If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy a Sig with the DA/SA trigger. Never have warmed up to the striker fire deal.
Yes... Local store has been very busy since last week..

NICS put me on hold yesterday - first time in years..
CFVA
I am with you I prefer the DA/SA approach. Cheers NC
Two Colt HBAR's en route. At $800 a pop it was tough to pass up.
What caliber are those buyers? double 00?

To make it worse.... they come by way of Minnesota!

it's from u.s. cows. el paso probably uses mexican cows.
Originally Posted by CFVA
I might buy a Glock.

I'm not a handgun person either, but set out to buy a Glock as my first full sized semi-auto and wound up buying the M&P because of the ergonomics. If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy a Sig with the DA/SA trigger. Never have warmed up to the striker fire deal.
Sigs are good guns. I've got a 938 and used to have a P228. Both are classy guns that work.

For somebody wanting a Glock or Glock-like gun, I'd recommend checking out not only the M&P but the Springfield XD. All three are very similar. I prefer the M&P on the basis of feel. I just bought another M&P 40 after posting awhile ago.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

To make it worse.... they come by way of Minnesota!

I have a bunch of 1911's.
Next time i go to quemato i am going to take that norinco 1911 for bob to shoot.
Local chain store was all sold out of any AR under $1200, and they usually have a bunch.

It's on.
Norinco made one of the best low-end 1911's ever IMO. The two I had always worked with any ammo I put in them. Wish I had one now.
I told my buddy to go to Cabelas 2 weeks ago when they had ammo shelves full

He did. Got 223 9mm and 12 gauge

He owes me a 6 pack now

As for me, grabbed a Dillon 550

BMT
December is the worst month for firearms distributors and manufacturer having inventory. Prices will rise and this frenzy may carry over into January.

Also ammo demand will certainly "Spike" again and...again.

Doc

Hard to tell locally. Most of the shops have major AR-15 inventory so it could take a week or so for me to notice any depletion. I ordered a couple of PSA complete lowers last week, and a quick look at their site looks like a lot of stuff is now out of stock. I ordered my uppers from a different supplier, and they too appear to moving a lot of product.
Gun buying frenzy never slowed down at my house grin
I might buy a Glock.

Sammo - if you're thinking polymer frame, the Sig P320 is also worth a look. I've had an M&P for a few years and just got the Sig and like the grip fit to my hand more better. Supposedly the best trigger of all the striker fired pistolas...
FOX has said Obama has sold over 100 million guns since he took office.
I know absolutely zero about handguns, thanks for the tip, I'll check them out right now.

Sam I agree, I think you will like the M&P
News reports yesterday that gun sales are up 20 percent in our area (central Ohio)

Myron
I might buy a Glock.

You might be too late.
The gun buying frenzy continues.

I was a Bud's gunshop an hour ago.

They have a woman passing out pieces of paper with numbers on them. They call the number over the intercom to announce whose turn it is to be waited on.

I just was just kind of loafing around and wasn't seriously shopping. I was there about 40 minutes. My number was 81. As I was leaving they called out number 49.

It would be interesting to know how many AR-15's are being sold there. Seriously, they must have at least 30 different AR variants on the showroom floor and people are scooping them up one right after another.
I wuz gonna say that I had enough gunz & ammos to last for the rest of obama's term plus a couple presidents terms after that. But earlier today I got inna accident & capsized my boat & lost ALL my stuff....

Donations appreciated

Mike
I might buy a Glock.

Lots of advice here. I have a Ruger SP 101 w/3" bbl. in .357 that is a very easy gun to shoot and it is as accurate as I am, probably more so. Legend has it that revolvers are easier to shoot accurately and I believe it.
I posted my thoughts about this on another forum yesterday:

One would think the panic buying would be over, but...

While those who I'll call shooting enthusiasts i.e. us have been keeping the gun, ammunition and accessories business busy since 2008 and they seem to be just starting to catch up, I think there is a segment of society that has never given the thought of having a firearm or firearms for self defense much thought and are starting to put 2 + 2 together with recent terrorist attacks and will be adding to a potential future shortage. Add to that Barack Obama's desire to implement severe gun control in his last year of office and you have a perfect storm.

Kinda wished I'd bought a few more AR stripped lowers myself during this past weekend.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I wuz gonna say that I had enough gunz & ammos to last for the rest of obama's term plus a couple presidents terms after that. But earlier today I got inna accident & capsized my boat & lost ALL my stuff....

Donations appreciated

Mike

There have been so many guns lost in that lake that the top layer is only three inches below the surface.
Some of mine are in there too. grin
Eight Colt LE6920's have been offered over the last few days by the same dealer with a 1 penny starting bid. The same bidder has bid on 7 of them and is currently the winning bidder on all of them.

I can see a lot of people hoping to grab an AR before they're banned or the price goes crazy again - I'm one of those.

But there is more than a bit of speculation going on here, folks hoping they can grab up a bunch and flip them for a few hundred dollars profit in a month or so.

This monster feeds itself and it just awoke in a very hungry state.

If only prices on single shot rifles had an inverse relationship to this I'd wait a month and pick up a bunch of 1885's and Ruger No. 1 rifles for $400 each....
I bought my wife a .22 pistol on Sunday (it's her Christmas present, and she isn't getting it until then). I've already bought two rifles this year, which isn't stretching the budget, but I'm done for the year. I DID upgrade my NRA membership to a Life Member last week, though.

I can't think of anything I want, or need, so I ain't buyin'. If I were to buy anything, it would be a new truck.
Was at LGS a moment ago. I asked the guy if the Calf event kicked up sales. He said absolutely not, but Obamas speech sure did.
He said lots of middle age and older women were buying, handguns mostly.
Handguns are fire extinguishers.
Rifles are what people need to be buying and keeping close.
I hope this Christmas is the best one ever for guns/ammo/accessories retailers!

Personally, I'm set as far as weapons go, just waiting (and WAITING!) for my custom rifle project to get finished.
I won't be doing any gun buying. Even before the kenyan won the vote back in 2008, I was working hard to accumulate everything I might want when 'things went bad'.
I spoke with my BIL today. He owns and runs a gun shop downstate. He said things have been very busy and he can scarcely keep Ruger and Smith and Wesson AR's on the shelf and his main supplier is out of them currently.

He does have a DPMS sportical and a Bushmaster on the shelf at this time, though they probably won't last long.

You'd think we were at or near a saturation point with black guns after the last run on them, but it appears that some folks want more than one.
Oddly, my local shop was fully stocked and not particularly busy yesterday afternoon. The manager told me he wasn't expecting another mad rush this time unless there was actual legislation being voted on. I think he's wrong, based on what you folks are saying. It must just be taking longer to get out here in the boondocks.

After Sandy Hook, this store was wiped out of black guns within a couple of days. They couldn't even get a Mini-14 in stock.
I was in Sportsmans Whs this afternoon. They have a pegboard where they hang all their handguns. There were a LOT of empty hooks.
I don't understand this panic buying spree...

The one after Sandy Hook with Democrats in dominance, maybe. But it's a different picture today. No anti-gun legislation will get much traction from the national level.

I'm sure there will be some gun control states masturbate themselves with new legislation, but don't see that causing a mad rush to the gun counter.

If Obammy is going to pen an executive order he'd better get busy. That action alone will put whoever promises to wipe it off the slates into the oval office.
I'm trading my G20 and a couple other guns off for a 10mm Sig220 and an AR for my boy. No frenzy..... Been my plan for a while.
My wife wants to get a CCP and a gun. I need a different one myself. After Christmas we might splurge and get us both outfitted. I like the looks of Ruger's LC9s.
Muslims aren't too numerous around here but druggies are committing more crimes all the time.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My wife wants to get a CCP and a gun. I need a different one myself. After Christmas we might splurge and get us both outfitted. I like the looks of Ruger's LC9s.
Muslims aren't too numerous around here but druggies are committing more crimes all the time.

Yep.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't understand this panic buying spree...

The one after Sandy Hook with Democrats in dominance, maybe. But it's a different picture today. No anti-gun legislation will get much traction from the national level.

I'm sure there will be some gun control states masturbate themselves with new legislation, but don't see that causing a mad rush to the gun counter.

If Obammy is going to pen an executive order he'd better get busy. That action alone will put whoever promises to wipe it off the slates into the oval office.

You may be right about that last point, but do not underestimate Obama's potential to inflict harm. If he thinks he can do it, he will. We already know that he is committed.
My LGS was pretty slow yesterday. A couple of newbies buying Glocks was all the activity I saw. The Salesman was on hold with NICS about 20 minutes, before he actually got a live body on the phone.
Plenty of AR-15's on the shelf, and ammo too.

I'll probably pick up a AR Pistol in 300 BO for suppressed hog killing at the Ranch, for my Christmas present. I've already got plent of AR15 Rifles, mags, and ammo. Have had them for a LOMG time.
I might buy a Glock.

Sam, Buy a Glock. Model 17 or 19 is hard to beat, if you want a 9mm. You'll thank me later. wink
I'm getting a new riot gun for the wife.
Gun shows have been balls to the walls here for years. Them Cubans are well-fuggin armed, folks. The Janet Reno schit wouldn't flush so well these days.
I get paid next Wednesday and we will be buying a handgun we've been looking at for a long time. Wife and I are taking the concealed carry class as our Christmas present to each other.
Was dragging my feet about getting one of the Colt AR's. Went ahead and bought one today just in case the panic sets in.
Originally Posted by TXRam
Was dragging my feet about getting one of the Colt AR's. Went ahead and bought one today just in case the panic sets in.

One more Terrorist attack, or big school shooting, will definitely set off the panic buying from the uninformed public.
Looking for a .458 Win Mag.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Looking for a .458 Win Mag.

How about them Cowboys, Bud!!!
Yup,seen the highlights this morning. smile

I have an AR15 OR with less than 30 rounds Down the tube. Been trying to sell it for over a year at $695. Guess I will raise the price now.
Originally Posted by poboy

Do you buy from McBrides?
Well I went into the local store after work today and eyeballed a few pistols.

Only Glocks they had were compact models, one compact M&P, Beretta and a used Sig Sauer.

Only thing that caught my eye was a couple Springfield Armory XDM's. Those looked to be about the right size.

Might go back and buy one tomorrow.
Nothing wrong with the Springfields. My XDS in 45 works great.

Only Glocks they had were compact models, one compact M&P, Beretta and a used Sig Sauer.

Only thing that caught my eye was a couple Springfield Armory XDM's. Those looked to be about the right size.

Fondle the Sig before you buy anything, specially if it's got the SA/DA trigger. If I were in the market for another semi-auto pistol today, it'd be the Sig 227.

Fondle the Sig before you buy anything, specially if it's got the SA/DA trigger. If I were in the market for another semi-auto pistol today, it'd be the Sig 227.

I second that on the 227. Really like mine, along with my 229, and 938.
Ammunition is what I worry about drying up.

....again....
Bought something last night at a local store and background check was no longer than usual.

As far as Glocks are concerned, I love my Gen 2 model 23. No problems whatsoever with it. I admit I hate its looks but it is the most natural pointing auto I have ever owned. I also have a M&P Shield and like it for its compactness. The single stack magazine makes for a very thin grip which makes for a very nice CCW. Either a Gloch or S&W M&P would suit me but I just happened to buy the Glock 23, and I'm not sorry I did. My brother keeps raving about the Walther PPQ Mk2 but I haven't had one in my hands yet.

Buddy of mine sold his Glock and bought a Springfield, nice pistol seemed to me.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, be it Glock, M&P, XD or Sig...
When the masses rush in, the pros go short. I'm selling.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

....again....

Yep....just when supply just started to catch up after 3 years since
the Conn. school shootings.

Hornady had 140 employee's in Dec 2012, now Hornady employee's 640 people....what does that tell you.

Doc
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

....again....

Yep....just when supply just started to catch up after 3 years since
the Conn. school shootings.

Hornady had 140 employee's in Dec 2012, now Hornady employee's 640 people....what does that tell you.

Doc

That they need to hire some more evidently... whistle

we've got needs...

....again....

If you don't already reload, it's time to start. I used to purchase powder a pound at a time. But after not being able to find handgun powder for 3 years locally, I ordered 48#'s from powder valley once they had some in stock.
I remember growing up in the '80's the two AR15's on the rack of my LGS gathered dust for a long time, I don't remember them ever being purchased.

Between burning through bricks of .22 with my 77/22 and desperately trying to thin the local squirrel, tin can and hedge apple population, I would read Jim Carmichel, Bob Milek and Grits Gresham, and since they never wrote about black rifles, I figured they weren't anything special, although arguably in those days prior to the Bush Sr. import ban they were more available than now.

No self-respecting shooter would have one. Some things never change.
LGS says no more customers buying than usual. They even had a pound of Blue Dot on the shelf, which I bought for 26 bucks. Outrageous, but available. eek
If I ran into this I'd have to go in just to buy something...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Eric308
I remember growing up in the '80's the two AR15's on the rack of my LGS gathered dust for a long time, I don't remember them ever being purchased.

Between burning through bricks of .22 with my 77/22 and desperately trying to thin the local squirrel, tin can and hedge apple population, I would read Jim Carmichel, Bob Milek and Grits Gresham, and since they never wrote about black rifles, I figured they weren't anything special, although arguably in those days prior to the Bush Sr. import ban they were more available than now.

And no self respecting gun owner would hold your views.

Why don't you hold true to your views and turn your guns in to be melted down?
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

And no self respecting gun owner would hold your views.

Why don't you hold true to your views and turn your guns in to be melted down?

Not to mention Jim Carmichel, Bob Milek and Grits Gresham would be ashamed of the pathetic liberal.

WTF!? Northern Fairy has a groupie?
Damn boys, pure Rez tactical up in this bish!

Any tips on shooting sideways?
(cause you know I'm gansta...)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 375fan

I second that on the 227. Really like mine, along with my 229, and 938.

Sigs are wonderful. I wish they'd market a lightweight polymer frame 9mm instead of the very heavy compacts. I'd be first in line for that.
Sam, now you just need you some of thos Gang Banger sights that mount on the side of your pistol! wink

But seriously, it looks like you picked yourself out a good handgun, there! I bet you will grow to like it, after some range time.

C, I had no idea ammo for these things was so inexpensive.

$15 for 50 rounds of brass Blazer isn't bad but of course you can almost fit half a box in the damn gun!

Front sight....

Gangsta
Anjin, Sig makes the P320 Compact. It's a lightweight polymer 9mm.
Sweet.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Anjin, Sig makes the P320 Compact. It's a lightweight polymer 9mm.

Yes they do and yes it is.

Travis
getcha some

[Linked Image]
Good choice! I've had excellent results out of my XDs and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Just looked at gunbroker and I overpaid a little but well worth it to support our local store.

Thanks everyone for enabling. Wife tried the ol' 'you have to sell a gun before you buy another one' routine.

I said bullchit woman, this could be a matter of life or death. And it will be 20 rounds of 'look da fuuck out!' for any intruders...

Flave and Fire, thanks for the sight info.

I'm going Tru-Glo, probably neon green, that and a laser.

holeee chit, that's what those bumps are for to look through?

who knew?

Great Trade!!
Just looked at gunbroker and I overpaid a little but well worth it to support our local store.

Thanks everyone for enabling. Wife tried the ol' 'you have to sell a gun before you buy another one' routine.

I said bullchit woman, this could be a matter of life or death. And it will be 20 rounds of 'look da fuuck out!' for any intruders...

Flave and Fire, thanks for the sight info.

I'm going Tru-Glo, probably neon green, that and a laser.

never begrudge a few bucks to the guy that owns the bricks and mortar and is there to provide support and service.

worth a few bucks in my book every time

well done Sammo

hope you do lots of fun plinking and never have to repel invaders, but if you do, glad you got that puppy
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Great Trade!!

I thought it, but didn't say it. grin
Randy, I'm bringing it to work tomorrow. Beer cans are gonna die!

Doh!!!!
Randy, I'm bringing it to work tomorrow. Beer cans are gonna die!

empty ones I trust!

*no beer was harmed in the shooting of these cans
Not seeing anything out of the ordinary here. Picked up a handgun today and the check was instant. Ammo is more plentiful now than its been in a couple years.
You got a good one, you can't go wrong with an XD. They are great shooters.

Sounds like you grew up in a town full of queers, and it rubbed off

[Linked Image]
I just had a couple 47lb boxes full of Hornady 55 gr FMJ-BT arrive from Monmouth Reloading. At barely over 7¢ per I just couldn't pass the deal.
Originally Posted by stomatador
I just had a couple 47lb boxes full of Hornady 55 gr FMJ-BT arrive from Monmouth Reloading. At barely over 7¢ per I just couldn't pass the deal.

DAMN! That's a hell of a deal!
Doctor_Encore: Yes indeed it has - BIG TIME!
I just returned from a gun buying safari to the west coast and at one gun shop last week there were three people filling out 4473's at the same time!
My peep's are buying guns with a heavy preference for "obama proof" semi-autos (both Rifles and pistols!).
I heard that Ruger is running full tilt production and wants to hit 2,000,000 guns in one year!
hussein obama is indeed a good gun salesman - I am just worried that the hildabeast will screw things up (Second Amendment wise) even worse than the obummer is trying to do.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

[Linked Image]

Cool beans! Cant 5 degrees at a time until it feels right - you'll be total gangsta in a week grin I just did the Sig 320 a couple days ago (why, I have no idea)...

[Linked Image]
Gansta boogie!
© 24hourcampfire