Home
Brian Mayes (aka wheelchairbandit) and I have corresponded by personal email for years, usually on the UFC fights, almost every PPV event or other personal topics. Haven't heard back from him in a couple months now and I see his last post here was about 6 months ago. Kind of worried if he's okay. Anyone heard from him?

Rob
Sorry-not a word.
He died a couple of months ago , I "knew" him from another forum and we got word there
Originally Posted by OldBob
He died a couple of months ago , I "knew" him from another forum and we got word there

OMG do you know that happened? Damn, I'm gonna miss our conversations about the fights and music. I had just gotten a guitar and he was helping me with my practice. That sucks.
Any link
Sorry to hear of his passing. The Fire has been loosing way to many good guys.
Sorry to hear this.
Damn! +1

Sad news indeed. I'm sad to hear this. I was thinking about him last week. Haven't heard from him in quite some time. We talked a bit about music and the Friday night music threads haven't been the same without him.
Originally Posted by tzone

Sad news indeed. I'm sad to hear this. I was thinking about him last week. Haven't heard from him in quite some time. We talked a bit about music and the Friday night music threads haven't been the same without him.

I agree. I was thinking about him and why he wasn't posting in a while. Very sad.
Sad to hear - liked him and miss him.

~ R.I.P
I'm curious what happened. I think Brian was only in his 30s.
RIP Brian, you were in my thoughts just yesterday.
Vaya con dios
Sad news. Condolences
He seemed like a damn good dude! RIP
Always enjoyed his posts.

RIP
Big time bummer. Prayers for his family from N.C.
I enjoyed his input on the fights. He was a sharp guy. Sorry to hear that. Way to young to go. RIP
Well chit.

He was a pretty savy cat.

RIP.
Another guy I sure hope is hanging around the Campfire up in the sky with some of the other really great folks we have had pass....

sold him a 2.5 Weaver scope, for a price way under its real value.. just due to his being handicapped ( heck I didn't know if he was or not, just assumed so..) but boy, was he overflowing with appreciation....

he was just one heck of a real decent guy.... Spanky knew him from when he lived down in Humboldt Co. CA...spoke highly of him...

This is really sad news. Rest in peace, Brian.

That I saw, he never posted his life story. But once he alluded to having once been on the losing side of a street fight and taking a bad beating. I always wondered if that was the source of his disability.

Brian was a great guy and a friend of mine. I will miss him exceedingly. RIP.
His passing is indeed sad.

He was dealt a bad hand altogether.

RIP Brian.
Wow very sorry to hear this,RIP
He posted alot of good music.R.I.P.
I'll miss his posts on music. Often had different thoughts, but he was a fun read.
If anyone has more info on WB, it would be appreciated
Sorry to hear this. RIP.
Was wondering why I had seen post any music stuff on FB. He would post videos of him and the guys he played with once in a while
Watched the fights last night and was just bummed about the news of Wheelchair Bandits passing.

It's been a tough year on the fire. Man, we've lost some good guys around here. I'm still stining from Ron T's demise, and now WheelChairBandit. Man, this really sucks.
Not to mention Mickey Coleman.

We lost some good ones for sure.
Sad news, I'll miss him on our Friday music threads. I corresponded with Brian on music and my struggles learning the guitar, he was a good guy.
May he Rest in Peace.
He was one of the good ones.
That sucks, I grew up in the same area he lived in, had chatted with him a few times about stuff back there. Sad to hear this news.
HERE is his Facebook page.
He was a good Dude and I'm glad that I was able to call him a friend.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not to mention Mickey Coleman.

We lost some good ones for sure.
Of course, how could I have forgotten Mickey.
Whats for Dinner seems to know what happened for those on Facebook..

[Linked Image]
This is pretty depressing. I was just cleaning up my Yahoo mail box, and saw about 15 emails from Brian from the last year.
Sorry to hear about him. I always enjoyed his input on the music threads... RIP
I, too miss his posts. May he rest in peace.

Ed
Wow, such sad news!
Brian was a great guy I bought his beloved Marlin triple 4 several years ago so he could put the cash toward a new guitar.He was a true gentleman.
I skipped over Outlawpatriot's post yesterday thinking the answer would be -he's hunting or building a rifle etc. .

I remember him from long range hunting website a great guy for sure.
I never knew his real name until now.
He was handicapped -a member on LRH screen name joe cool help him some with hunting .
RIP in bud !
https://www.facebook.com/brian.mayes.754?fref=ts
R.I.P. Brian
He was a good Dude
There is a new WheelchairBandit posting for sale ads under his name. Anyone know anything about it or if it's famly trying to purge stuff at great deals?
I’ve got a thread up, as well. Six years seems like a long time to wait.
© 24hourcampfire