Home
Staying close here. Christmas Eve in town... Dinner with family and then back to the ranch.

Perhaps some hunting, if the weather cooperates.

Sometime around New Years, I think my son is going to come in and try to put some deer meat in the freezer for his family.

No long trips. No really expensive gifts. Just celebrating Christmas with family and enjoying being free and alive. smile

What are your plans?
Eat, eat, and eat. In no particular order.
Just a day on the job like any other, except the gate stays closed for the day. Only three days out of the year we are closed. Xmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter.
Looking forward to a tasty meal and a gift exchange with the wife.
Staying home and hoping the airport doesn't call for bird control. I enjoy going there and shooting the birds but don't want to do it Christmas day.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Posted By: las Re: What Are Your Chistmas Plans? - 12/21/15
Fly 550 miles to Anchorage, drive 370 miles to Fairbanks, spend Christmas day, drive to Soldotna (130 miles back past Anchorage), spend 5 days there catching up with friends, relatives, & home stuff , then back to Kotz on the 2nd. Then rest up at work.... smile

Friggen "vacations" the wife organizes are tiring!
Staying home. Wife and I are having our daughter and grandson over. Probably do a little shooting and/or rabbit hunting with my grandson behind my house. Then have a couple of cocktails, eat, eat some more and have another cocktail. In that order. smile
I'm trying to figure out which way to cook some smoked turkey breasts...
Originally Posted by las
Fly 550 miles to Anchorage, drive 370 miles to Fairbanks, spend Christmas day, drive to Soldotna (130 miles back past Anchorage), spend 5 days there catching up with friends, relatives, & home stuff , then back to Kotz on the 2nd. Then rest up at work.... smile

If you have a little time, maybe you can swing by. I got a story for you.
I'm thinking on culling this young cockerel tomorrow and frying him up Christmas day.

[Linked Image]
smoking a ham, shooting the muzzleloaders and bows and thats about it.
Originally Posted by maarty
Staying home and hoping the airport doesn't call for bird control. I enjoy going there and shooting the birds but don't want to do it Christmas day.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I hear ya!

You do Wildlife Services there in NZ?
Originally Posted by rem141r
smoking a ham, shooting the muzzleloaders and bows and thats about it.

What time will the ham be done? I'll probably be driving past your house en route from my sister's to my mother in law's about three in the afternoon!

Getting ready for second season?

I'll be out with the flint lock!

Merry Christmas
me and gwen celebrate on christmas eve.

my plan:

eat
drink
eat
drink
chase wife around the house
exchange gift
drink
eat
Eat, drink and be merry.
Feed cows and take the afternoon off.
Christmas Eve service then son and family coming for dinner then I go to work Chrictmas night.
Deer hunt in the AM, maybe, then eat, drink and be Merry here whilst A Christmas Story plays all day long.
Stayin' here. Kids and grandkids coming here. I'm settin' in my easy chair and watchin' the stuff happen!!!
We are down in the Miami place for the Holidays. My daughter and her family are on a cruise, and will be back in time for Christmas. They are going to be at my son in law's parent's place in Pompano Beach.
Wife and I will drive up Christmas morning, and join them for the day.
We will eat dinner there, and open presents.
Should be a wonderful day.
Posted By: EdM Re: What Are Your Chistmas Plans? - 12/21/15
All three sons will be together here for a few days. Ham is ordered at Klein's Smokehouse for Christmas. Stuffed pasta shells are done and in the freezer that, with grilled elk Italian sausage, will do for Christmas eve. Bought the boys a few things, wife and I bought clothes and gear for next years hunt in Alaska. Watch some football, drink Bloody Mary's and martinis.
Posted By: byc Re: What Are Your Chistmas Plans? - 12/21/15
Spend as much time possible with my sister!!

Maybe take her to Charleston or the mountains.
Started drinking on the 14th and haven't stopped. Gained 10lbs already.

It's a marathon.

Dave
Frog leg gumbo for Christmas Eve and then a lazy day on Christmas with my wife and 2 YO boy.

French toast for breakfast and a huge prime ribeye for dinner.

Some drinks, chase the dogs, go for a walk with the family, throw the bumper for the pups, more drinks, Christmas Story....
I started when I was fourteen too. Just finished a killer Bloody Mary.
I get paid to drink.

It's a curse, and a blessing..
Originally Posted by EdM
I started when I was fourteen too. Just finished a killer Bloody Mary.

UBER happy!

Dave
hunt wens, thrus then go home fri and eat then go hunt again.
Christmas Eve hit midnight mass. Christmas Day quick celebration with family. Heading to the bar Christmas Night.
Originally Posted by las

Bring an extra blanket for Fairbanks....supposed to be a bit chilly by Christmas Day!
Staying in the city until Monday next (was going to leave Sunday, but sounds like our old BSU QB will get to start for the Cowboys), then three hour drive to our place in OR, off-load snowmobiles for a six mile ride in. Totally off grid, no phone, no power, no nothing, not even any noise.
Will go to church Christmas Eve, eat some, we mostly celebrate Christmas day. Having ham and such this year. Just me and the wife. Son is in Anchorage.
Gonna tell my parents and grandma and wife's parents that there is a wee one coming in about 8 more months.
Originally Posted by exbiologist
Gonna tell my parents and grandma and wife's parents that there is a wee one coming in about 8 more months.

How the heck does one beat that?
Love hearing these stories. We have 3 sons, but only one lives close so they'll spend some time over here on Christmas.

But today our oldest son and his wife sent us a book full of family photos. Our youngest son also had photos of their 1 year old son sent to our local Walmart, so we picked those up today as well. Watched my wife cry with happiness twice today. My Christmas has already been made.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Love hearing these stories. We have 3 sons, but only one lives close so they'll spend some time over here on Christmas.

But today our oldest son and his wife sent us a book full of family photos. Our youngest son also had photos of their 1 year old son sent to our local Walmart, so we picked those up today as well. Watched my wife cry with happiness twice today. My Christmas has already been made.

That's right up there with exbiologist's givings. Wonderful.
Fly to O'Hare on the 24th (redeye). Take 2 hour nap after mom grabs me from the airport. Wake up, order Joe's pizza (can't get REAL pizza in the Pacific northwest).

Then hop around X-Mas parties in the evening and get drunk. Hope mom stays sober- dad and I won't be.

Christmas day: Wake up the whenever the fugg it strikes me. Opening presents once sis#2 and her fiancee get to my parents. Continue drinking and eating. Cook food while sheitfaced. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Mom, maybe dad and I are staying at the Union League Club in Chicago where the parents have a membership the night before I fly out. More drinking, eating of REAL pizza, Museum of Science and Industry and the Field Museum. Fly back to the other liberal cesspool AKA Seattle.
Originally Posted by byc
Spend as much time possible with my sister!!

Maybe take her to Charleston or the mountains.

Hope you two have a great time, David. Hoping for the best.
I had Christmas dinner with my daughters yesterday, they will spend Christmas Day with their Father.

Today we will have a friends and family gathering here at the house.

Tomorrow mid afternoon I will head to the airport and fly out to spend Christmas and New Year on the river's edge. First thing after my arrival I will be dumping suitcases, heading out for REAL fish and chips with malt vinegar, then shopping for some food to tide me over for a few days, rest and long walks are the order of the week.

Will be there for New Years', returning home sometime in the new year.

Originally Posted by EdM

Twins
Had the inlaws over Sunday for an early get-together.. They're MN city folks - 'nuff said there... Sure was glad to see Monday.

This coming Sunday we're going to my sister's place just a few miles NE.. It'll be mucho better.

Christmas day will be with family of soon-to-be daughter-in-law.. They're good, local people and fun to be around..

As I type, it's Tuesday morning and I'm getting ready to start my last workday of the week. I'll be off for 5 days and hope to get a bit of time to sit in a tree with my bow or maybe get the boat out on the lake one last time. Other than that, it will be wrapping gifts, helping my wife with some cooking and cleaning and hopefully, a lot of playing with my kids. At 9 years old, they're more geeked about Christmas than ever. It's a great age for them and for me and mom as they're a ball to play with.
Even if I'm not on a project, I usually do some work at the ranch. Christmas time isn't any exception...

Glad to not be pressed so hard by more jobs than I can get to right now, though...
I cain't hardly tolerate it without comin' off the wagon, so I 'spect I'll turn it up to about .095 until it's done.

At .095 I'm the jocular old Bristoe from days of yore, ~~~The weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful~~~

Otherwise, I make Scrooge look like a Salvation Army bell ringer at Wal-Mart.
Wifey gave me this really nice bottle of hootch and this El Paso Saddlery M1942 Tanker rig for my 1911. Both make me warm and cozy!!!

[Linked Image]

Working.
Originally Posted by EdM

Never tell them you're expecting and e-mail them pics after the baby is born.

Travis
Actually, don't do that. The joke went over horribly. Nobody spoke to me for about 6 months.

I still think it was funny though.

Travis
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Wifey gave me this really nice bottle of hootch and this El Paso Saddlery M1942 Tanker rig for my 1911. Both make me warm and cozy!!!

[Linked Image]

I like both of those! grin
Christmas Eve a funeral service for my wife's aunt, Christmas Day have our Parents and siblings over for Christmas Supper.

Mike
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Akbob5

That's right up there with exbiologist's givings. Wonderful.

Thanks Ed. It sure made our day! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
© 24hourcampfire