Home
I've looked all over for this but can't seem to find it.

Not to long ago I saw a story on tv about a country that had it's citizens store their weapons at an armory, it may have been only hand guns but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Possibly England...they are pretty well against defending yourself over there
I believe Australia makes you do that with hand guns. I don't think they can leave the club property, except for special conditions.

(educated guess)
United States Army used to require it in 1974.
You needed a note from your CO to get it out like a library book.
I think it's England with respect to handguns. Or at least it was that way before all handguns were outlawed except for government agents. I don't think they can own them at all anymore.
http://www.mythdebunk.com/are-these-claims-about-switzerlands-gun-ownership-true/
I think its England for all guns. And when you take a gun oit of the armory or wherever, you must tell them where you are going and what you will doing.

A glimpse into the future under Hitlery?? mad
Not England unless for handguns. Longarms are ok. As are sound suppressors.

Singapore does require storage at the range. No at home ownership of guns in Singapore.

Australia does not require any guns to be stored at a range, not even for handguns. Club handguns are stored at the appointed persons (armourer etc.) residence.

Cheers, Chris
I thought it was common for Canadians to store their handguns at the LEO.

At least thats what we were told by our BC relatives years ago.
Back in 1975 I was attending a NY State College in the north country of NY. It was the fall semester and I had my deer rifle with me. I was doing a deer study on a plot of state land (carrying capacity & browse preference - I was no dummy.) After the start of the semester the college decides that all firearms need to be kept in a locked armory. In talking to the faculty person who would be in charge of the armory, I said, "Sure I'll give my rifle to you, but I'll need to get it for deer hunting this Saturday." He said, "What time?" I replied "About 4:30 am." He looked at me and said, "Can you just keep it locked up out of sight in the trunk of your car?" My reply was, "Uh, Ok."
In my experience, not Canada or Australia.
Originally Posted by rockdoc

Australia does not require any guns to be stored at a range, not even for handguns. Club handguns are stored at the appointed persons (armourer etc.) residence.

Yep. And just to clarify, "club handguns" means handguns owned by a pistol club, for the purpose of loaning them to those undergoing training or giving shooting a try. The club armourer or other appointee will bring them to the range, sign them over to the trainee and supervise them, and at the end of the range session take them back. Once you've been approved for a pistol licence you'd usually buy your own, and store it/them at home.

Some clubs do also offer firearms storage facilities, but there's nothing mandatory about using them.
Originally Posted by rost495

Nope not in Canada, stored at home here.
Hong Kong

Hahahaha please for [bleep] sakes... No.

We can buy guns off the net and have them shipped to our door directly as well. No wait time or ffl crap.
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Nope not in Canada, stored at home here.

The farther east West you go in CA, the least they seem to be restricted.
The US when I was stationed on Naval Stations. Could not keep our personal arms in our lockers. Not sure about the married folks in base housing or the officers.
I think Norway is like that, but I have not been there. I have a cousin whom is married to a Norwegian and I recall him saying something like that a few years ago.
California
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

We can buy guns off the net and have them shipped to our door directly as well. No wait time or ffl crap.

Well, at least you can for the guns they allow you to own there, wink
It's Britain!

Jim
Originally Posted by archie_james_c

Sorry, thats what we were told in the 80s from relatives... evidently they didn't get it.. I road with one to go get his 357 mag....or where scared or some such.

Good news to know they were wrong. To socialized and taxed to death as it is in Canada. We are headed down that road too. Sucks.
Switzerland

As noted on Wikipedia, Swiss men between the ages of 20 and 30 are typically expected to undergo militia training, a program which includes the issuance of and instruction in the use of firearms.

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (or age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home.

When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In cases of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner as a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.

To carry firearms in public or outdoors (and for an individual who is a member of the militia carrying a firearm other than his Army-issue personal weapons off-duty), a person must have a permit, which in most cases is issued only to private citizens working in occupations such as security.

Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, with 45.7 guns per 100 residents (ranking below only the United States, Serbia, and Yemen in this measurement).

A list of countries by firearm-related death rate shows Switzerland as having 6.4 firearm deaths per 100,000 population per year, a figure considerably lower than in the United States (10.27) but higher than a number of other countries. As for gun-related crime in general, a 2001 BBC article reported that in Switzerland "the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept."
Not Norway.

Can keep our rifles and handguns locked up at home.
Has to be kept in locker.

The Home Guard, has their firing pins on their fully automatic AG3 or HK 416 stored at a central location, which is deployed during an "emergency".

They did this a couple of years ago after several murders with issued rifles.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I've looked all over for this but can't seem to find it.

Not to long ago I saw a story on tv about a country that had it's citizens store their weapons at an armory, it may have been only hand guns but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

There was a story about the difficulty of having the sporting events when the Olympics were in Japan a few years ago because of a similar law.
© 24hourcampfire