Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Not watching the debates,..watching the [b][color:#3333FF]Nominee.![/color][/b]
Posted By: byc Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
watching that as well.

Why not?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Pretty good so far.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I can't believe Kelly isn't wearing a bra.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Maybe she is a bimbo,her fake eye lashes are longer than my ball hairs
Posted By: NVhntr Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Well after posing for GQ and disqualifying herself as a serious journalist maybe she's decided to go purely on sex appeal.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I'm watching.....my take so far.....Cruz made an ass of himself (and I like Cruz).....and Megan needs to go to work for CNN......everything else seems to be more of the same ol same ol.....
Bush should just go home tonight. He can't even get one pair of hands to applaud any of his responses.
Yup.

Posted By: 12344mag Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
The wife says, Megan looks like Cruella De vil. grin
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I can't believe Kelly isn't wearing a bra.
NO CLEAVAGE! cry
Bush is for amnesty,imagine that.
Fox News is a joke and on par with CNN
Kelly is a kcunt so Trump got something right
Posted By: 16bore Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Interesting for sure. Trump mighta....well, trumped her.
well cleavage matters BUT...... wink

Rubio is rambling and seems very lost on immigration/amnesty.

Have the feeling the tough questions are upcoming as they are showing soundbites. Likely a good reason for "someone" to be absent.
Posted By: 16bore Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Geez, I wish she'd shut her yap...
Originally Posted by byc
well cleavage matters BUT...... wink

Rubio is rambling and seems very lost on immigration/amnesty.

Have the feeling the tough questions are upcoming as they are showing soundbites. Likely a good reason for "someone" to be absent.
Yup.
Posted By: tzone Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Shut up Jeb. The adults are talking.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Remember. This is a man who's motto is "A man can never be too greedy.". There is nothing you can do to shame a man who has none.
Marco doing stand up
These moderators are pompous jokes
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I thought everyone shaved their balls now?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I'm done watching. Chris Christi is right, no one in congress right now should be running. Pi$$ and moan all you want but I want a governor that has already been tested. I'll go with Christi. Yes, he has baggage but who doesn't? Not me that's for sure. I'm tired of the bickering between the Senators. It's junior high garbage. I'm going for Christi.
kwg
Posted By: rifletom Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Really don't know who the [bleep] I like yet, but, Christy has had some epic comebacks. Man, he can not stand Hillary!
Just my viewing pleasure so far.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Originally Posted by tzone
[quote=dvdegeorge]Maybe she is a bimbo,her fake eye lashes are longer than my ball hairs

I thought everyone shaved their balls now? [/quote

There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum...breathtaking. I suggest you try it.
Posted By: CBB Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I think.....we're [bleep]......
Posted By: isaac Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I sure hope Ted has a better 2nd half of the debate than he did the first half.

This debate is more like a Ambien alternative. A real snoozer.

How Trump put that gig together as he has in 24 hours is rather amazing.

That party is high energy!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Rubio may very well be the most plastic candidate I've ever seen. He's like an android.

Say his name and he launches into a stump speech.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Christy keeps putting the boots to hillary. Thumbs way up.
Posted By: jmo1754 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I am not a fan of most of this guys, but I love Christy railing on Killary.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
I'll never understood why Christy didn't run last time. I think he could have won and I think he let his window pass him by. If I had to guess, I'll bet the party bigwigs told him to stay out because it was Mitt's turn.
Of the entire lot CC has indeed been the most vocal about eliminating Hillary.

Might even have something to do with the Bern's uprising.

Bush is SO lost!!
I found Waldo he's in Iowa he's Chris Wallace
Posted By: Anaconda Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Frank Luntz focus group is calling Rubio the winner.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
The Drudge Report poll shows Trump as the winner of the debate by a large margin.
Posted By: rifletom Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
WTF!? To Rubio the winner!? I need a drink.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Duntz has been caught scriptin the outcome before.

Obviously, he's done it again.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Watching the thee "moderators" - two of whom seemed to think THEY were to debate the candidates, too - after the debate and they were disappointed at the lack of fireworks.

"I set Rubio up to go after Christie and he didn't"......... Wallace.

No winners , no losers, in my opinion.

38% thought Trump won it. [I wonder if he knows them by name, they been together 6 months]
Posted By: atvalaska Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
So the dreadlocks on my bag are out of style !!!! frown
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Krappiest debate of them all so far.
From some of the responses I felt the audience was "packed".

Very anti Cruz sentiment in the audience and the "moderators".
Fox in bed with the Rinos.
Crapppy selection of questions.
That moozlim youtube slut should pack her skanky asse back to the Middle East. How very PC of FUX.

Hume MKelly and Wallace are soooo full of themselves and full of scheiss. Ef them
Worse than CNN... and that is a very low bar

Ted stayed calm and focused.. I just wish that he would speak to the issues he thinks are important and phug what the talking heads ask.
Kasich Bush Raul Rubears.... b o r i n g....Zzzzzzzzzz
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/28/16
Originally Posted by kwg020
I'm done watching. Chris Christi is right, no one in congress right now should be running. Pi$$ and moan all you want but I want a governor that has already been tested. I'll go with Christi. Yes, he has baggage but who doesn't? Not me that's for sure. I'm tired of the bickering between the Senators. It's junior high garbage. I'm going for Christi.
kwg

No way. He had as much to do with oblunder winning a 2nd term as anything. Gave him a big 'ol manly hug because oblunder actually showed up at a natural disaster rather than jetting to a ritzy vacation spot, or shooting 18 holes on the golf course. The only REAL coverage that hurricane got was when oblunder was on the ground, and Christie is nuzzlin' up to him and gave him a [bleep]' hug. Phhhfffffttttt.
Those are called Dingle Berries .....Wash your balls man. laugh

Originally Posted by atvalaska
So the dreadlocks on my bag are out of style !!!! frown
Posted By: deflave Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Looks like Cruz filled Trumps shoes nicely.

Fine work Ted!

Travis
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Trump knew what those azz clown moderators were up to,he was the big winner all the way around.Smelling like a rose and FOX looks like a two bit manipulative agenda whore who lost a lot of money
I would have loved to see him tear into Kelly he'd of had a meltdown and called her and ignorant slut and all but sewed up the nomination
Posted By: seal_billy Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16

I thought everyone shaved their balls now?

Three words. LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Posted By: KFWA Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by curdog4570

"I set Rubio up to go after Christie and he didn't"......... Wallace.

didn't watch the debate or Trumps thing

but that statement is why I'm tired of these debates.

Instead of questioning the candidates to get into the weeds about how they'll do anything - this is the kind of horseshit we have to deal with. Who the phug is Chris Wallace to put himself in that kind of position anyways? A liberal pretending to be a conservative to get the big $$$ at Fox - which is what I suspect all of them are there anyways.

from the comments if Rubio did indeed win the debate then it played out exactly like Trump AND Fox News wanted - Cruz taking the hit.

Again, if true, If you're a Cruz person, you should be just as pissed at Fox as Trump people are this morning.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
It's hard to be pissed about getting bitten by a dog you know is rabid. It's gonna get worse.
Posted By: isaac Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
It's hard to be pissed about getting bitten by a dog you know is rabid. It's gonna get worse.

================

I get your point but, if you know the dog's rabid, you don't walk into his cage and try to hand feed him.

Fox got called out last night for not disclosing that one of Rubio's campaign executives was hired by Fox to help format the debate and the questions. Looks like they got to the easily conned and swayed Frank Luntz.

That post debate focus group of his was laughably scripted and it amazes me Fox keeps working with him after his 2012 fiascos.

I know you can't be happy at all about last night,Pat. I could feel the anger in Dan's post above.
I can't help but think that Fox News has been taken down noticeably and possibly permanently

They've been exposed as the worst kind of hypocrite - presenting themselves as fair and balanced while doing everything they can to shape the political landscape.

This has been about Fox News showing the world their influence in American politics.

Trump may appear to be singularly focused on Megyn Kelly but the big picture is he managed to turn hundreds of thousands if not in the millions against Fox News - a network those same people worshiped and would tell anyone that listened they were the only network looking out for them back in August.

I bet those that watched the debate last night - even the anti-Trump people got an eye opener about Fox as well.
Posted By: readonly Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by kwg020
kwg

I agree it should be one of the governors, not sure which though. Poor field since day one.
Posted By: rong Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16

LOL,Now that's an image I didn't need so early after scanning the AAI thread,,,,lol
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
I thought Cruz held his own and responded well to the attacks but he didn't get as much air time as Rubio, Cristi and Bush.

I turned on Trump's deal at the beginning, but he started off with, "I'm great, the country's great, everything's great, bla, bla, bla". So I turned it off and went back to the debate where people were actually talking about something relevant. So I can't really comment on Trump's deal. I also missed the part when Santorum and the Huckster came out. Those guys are probably gonna throw their support to Trump when they drop out. They're probably hoping to get the VP position if Trump gets the nomination.
I'm not sure about that but it was a shrewd move to not only bring in the past two Iowa winners but also representatives of the evangelical branch of the GOP.

People may feel like they are wasting their vote on Santorum or Huckabee - and that evening might make Trump a bit more palatable to that crowd.
Posted By: MolonLabe41 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
You fellas wooing over Christi ought to research his past and how he approachs firearms as governor within in his state...............
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't help but think that Fox News has been taken down noticeably and possibly permanently

They've been exposed as the worst kind of hypocrite - presenting themselves as fair and balanced while doing everything they can to shape the political landscape.

This has been about Fox News showing the world their influence in American politics.

Trump may appear to be singularly focused on Megyn Kelly but the big picture is he managed to turn hundreds of thousands if not in the millions against Fox News - a network those same people worshiped and would tell anyone that listened they were the only network looking out for them back in August.

I bet those that watched the debate last night - even the anti-Trump people got an eye opener about Fox as well.

I agree and I've been drinking their coolaid going on two decades. I still believe they are the best news channel, but I lost a lot of respect for them. Roger dodger is a turd and he needs to put Megan on a leash. Until then I'm not watching them. I'm voting for THE TRUMPSTER
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41
You fellas wooing over Christi ought to research his past and how he approachs firearms as governor within in his state...............

The adoration for Trump proves that gun rights are not in play on this forum.

Enough said the end!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Curdog, could you elaborate further please? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being sincere. I don't know where you would deduce trump is a gun grabber. Has he done something in the past I'm unaware of? Maybe I need to do a little more research myself.

Thanks

Enough said the end!
[Linked Image]

LMFAO

=========

Nah, it's more your take on it that most disagree with.

Trump isn't going to touch your guns and you know it.

I'm sure your aware it takes both houses to take your guns, right?
The top pick of these two nutsacks looks like a commercial for gay marriage doesn't it.
The DMR/Seltzer poll will comes out tomorrow and will likely be the last one before the caucus.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Take down the 2nd amendment for all I care. Get rid of it. If we did, then maybe the states that give a rip about individual liberty will get serious about bringing the federal government to heel.
Trump has a handgun and is proud to trumpet how hard it is to get a concealed carry permit in NYC
His sons are avid outdoorsmen,hunters and shooters

I have a permit to carry and, living in New York, I know firsthand the challenges law-abiding citizens have in exercising their Second Amendment rights. My most trusted sources are my sons, Don, Jr. and Eric. They are fantastic sportsmen and are deeply involved in hunting, competitive shooting, and habitat conservation.”

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tpcollins Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
I recorded it so I could whiz pass everyone except Cruz and Carson. I did catch little of Rubio but I'm not a fan of him. I also recorded Trump but the damn CNN moderators kept cutting in with pundits talking over Trump, Huckabee, and Santorum.

When Cruz talked about the moderators wanting the candidates to pick fights, that azzhole chris wallace said "this is a debate", then Cruz should have responded "then let's dabate instead of trying to instigate fights".

I can't stand chris wallace - he's a sam donaldson jackass clone.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I recorded it so I could whiz pass everyone except Cruz and Carson. I did catch little of Rubio but I'm not a fan of him. I also recorded Trump but the damn CNN moderators kept cutting in with pundits talking over Trump, Huckabee, and Santorum.

When Cruz talked about the moderators wanting the candidates to pick fights, that azzhole chris wallace said "this is a debate", then Cruz should have responded "then let's dabate instead of trying to instigate fights".

Tp,

I watched cspan for the first time in my life and they didn't abrupt it at all. Food for thought next time
For you Bob

[Linked Image]
Trump has never been in a position to "grab guns", so we only have comments he has made in the past to judge him by.

Along about the time he involved himself in politics, his comments went from anti 2A to pro gun.

Proof of that has been posted on threads in this forum many times, but I can't direct you to a specific one, being pretty much computer illiterate.

Start a thread claiming Trump poses no danger to gun owners and you'll probably see all sorts of contrary evidence posted in rebuttal.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16

Enough said the end!
[Linked Image]

I prefer Petey!
Posted By: Raeford Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16

So a R governor in a clearly D slanted state doesn't get a free ride on gun legislation? Have to wonder why that would be.
Take a look at what has transpired in Virginia over the past month+. It might give you some insight on how that works or doesn't work.
IMO, CC was clearly ahead of the rest of the pack in last nights debate fiasco.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Tp,

I watched cspan for the first time in my life and they didn't abrupt it at all. Food for thought next time
neither did OAN.
This is rich regarding Trump the 2A and hunting

http://ilyke.co/article/just-in-cas...e-ruthless-big-game-hunters/72830/?pid=0
Posted By: stxhunter Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Enough said the end!
[Linked Image]

I prefer Petey!

[Linked Image]
Cruz is still the only conservative in the race and I'll be voting for him until I can't anymore. Then I'll consider the lesser of evils.
Nah, it's more your take on it that most disagree with.

Trump isn't going to touch your guns and you know it.

I'm sure your aware it takes both houses to take your guns, right?

Trump's main pitch is "I'm a deal maker".

As I've posted before........ A Republican Congress can be expected to unify against a Dem President regarding anti-gun legislation.

A Republican President in search of a deal could easily work with a coalition of Dems and Liberal Republicans by offering up the thing the Liberals lust for above all else.

So...... my concern is real and valid.

It's a little much to expect a man my age to trust a Northeastern Liberal when it comes to anything.

I don't like his style, and he won't reveal his substance. The obvious conclusion is that he doesn't have the latter.
Cruz is still the only conservative in the race and I'll be voting for him until I can't anymore. Then I'll consider the lesser of evils.
Yup
I turned on the JV debate for a little while. When I turned it on, Santorum was talking about how he felt about abortion, and was talking about 2 of his kids that were recommended for and abortion when his wife was pregnant. After he finished, Fiorina laid into the moderators about that they and Fox News should be ashamed for asking Santorum about that and if they didn't know by now how he felt about it, they ought to get another job...or something like that.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Yup

Same here but I'd add Paul to the list of true conservatives.....especially when it comes to the economy....
Paul most fits with what I believe, but obviously that ain't happening. So, I'll go with Trump and see what happens.
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Paul most fits with what I believe, but obviously that ain't happening. So, I'll go with Trump and see what happens.

That's smart...not voting in the primaries for the guy that you think would be best...

You are the epitome of the herd mentality...
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

That's smart...not voting in the primaries for the guy that you think would be best...

You are the epitome of the herd mentality...

Who said I wasn't voting for Paul?
You did in the post I quoted...

You should read again. I didn't mention the word "vote" one single time.

No you didn't if you wanna get technical, but what would you call "So I'll go with Trump & see what happens?"

No you didn't if you wanna get technical, but what would you call "So I'll go with Trump & see what happens?"

Two US Senators^^^^^^ grin

That anyone with a brain can see that Trump will win the nomination and he has my support.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Yup

I feel the same way. The perpetual ass kissing of Trump around here is amazing, and pretty pathetic really.
Cruz is the annoying ass kisser who has wanted to be president since high school. His so-called conservatism is just the vehicle to bring a first term senator from obscurity to being near the top of the Republican race.
Posted By: rrroae Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Cruz is the annoying ass kisser who has wanted to be president since high school. His so-called conservatism is just the vehicle to bring a first term senator from obscurity to being near the top of the Republican race.

It is amusing when I hear the anti-Trump people say how blind we are to his faults when they all but gloss over Cruz's issues.

That anyone with a brain can see that Trump will win the nomination and he has my support.

Apparently a lot of others feel the same as you & are not gonna vote or support their first choice of candidates because....

"it's obvious that anybody with a brain can see that trump will win the nomination"

That right there is herd mentality & probably part of the reason Paul and others are polling so low...
That's the game. Say it enough and idiots will believe it's the truth. One can't do any more about them than they can about the people who won't vote for somebody they don't like. Just a fact of life.

Just like Obama did with his so-called hope and change. Maybe we can work the system in reverse.
That's the game. Say it enough and idiots will believe it's the truth. One can't do any more about them than they can about the people who won't vote for somebody they don't like. Just a fact of life.

I call them "Band Wagon Riders". They can't think think for themselves. What's the point of voting, if you're not voting for your guy?

It's kinda like people in my area that root for the Dallas Cowgirls, and have never even been to Dallas before.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Trump lost any support I would have given him when he cowered out. Afraid of Cruz and Kelley he cut and ran. I realize that some will worship, bow before, serve and support a coward but not me.
I'm guessing you didn't have any support for him before the debate either
Originally Posted by Rug3
Trump lost any support I would have given him when he cowered out. Afraid of Cruz and Kelley he cut and ran. I realize that some will worship, bow before, serve and support a coward but not me.

I think it might have hurt him, but like the Donald said a few days ago, "He could go out into 5th Ave. and shoot someone, and nobody would care".
I'm guessing you didn't have any support for him before the debate either

I can't think of anybody offhand, that didn't like the unabashed political incorrectness when Trump entered the race...He had the savvy to know & capitalize on what the average American was thinking...he won many over immediately & permanently...but for a few of us, his RECORD carried a lot more weight than his rhetoric...
Posted By: 4ager Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16

No doubt this will be the excuse to stay home in November. Almost 70% of so-called "pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-2A conservatives" in NY did just that in the last gubernatorial election in NYS and got themselves Cuomo and a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, anti-2A legislature.
Yup fuggers,then I have to listen to them bitch woes me
Posted By: tzone Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16

Don't be retarded. He busted you and you know it.
Posted By: tzone Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Yup

I feel the same way. The perpetual ass kissing of Trump around here is amazing, and pretty pathetic really.

Do I like trump for Pres? No. I like Cruz, but I'm not sure he can win. But like you two, I'm going to vote for him until I can't.

What I do like about Trump is that he's playing the media like a fiddle as well as exposing them. He's also bugging the absolute crap out of the "establishment" on both sides and exposing them as well.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Yup

Do I like trump for Pres? No. I like Cruz, but I'm not sure he can win. But like you two, I'm going to vote for him until I can't.

What I do like about Trump is that he's playing the media like a fiddle as well as exposing them. He's also bugging the absolute crap out of the "establishment" on both sides and exposing them as well.

Go back to late last summer[pre France/terror etc],there was one and only one candidate talking about the impending doom we face over our deficit. All of the others[both parties] and the media don't mention it. And it hasn't gone away.
[quote=KFWA]I'm guessing you didn't have any support for him before the debate either [/quote

Guessed wrong
Originally Posted by 4ager

No doubt this will be the excuse to stay home in November. Almost 70% of so-called "pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-2A conservatives" in NY did just that in the last gubernatorial election in NYS and got themselves Cuomo and a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, anti-2A legislature.

Cuomo won NY City, Buffalo, Syracuse, and Albany. Republican Rob Astorino won 42 upstate counties.

I voted for Astorino. My record is 58 years of Consecutive vote. Conservative. Will be the same this year.

Just have a hard time seeing myself voting for a cut and run coward. YMMY

Donald Trump skipped last night’s Fox News debate in a fit of pique over the “very biased” Megyn Kelly. But since the shocking things he does and says always seem to work out for him, someone else used his pet issue of immigration to tie his top Republican rivals into knots. And that someone else was Megyn Kelly.

Kelly flummoxed Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, currently polling second and third in Iowa, with brutal video montages that vividly demonstrated their flip-flops on immigration reform. To make things even more delicious for Trump, his other favorite bullying target, “low-energy” Jeb Bush, helped twist the knife into Rubio. And another one of his punching bags, Rand Paul, helped deliver the beatdown to Cruz.

It’s hard to see how the debate could have gone any better for Trump than if he had actually participated. Meanwhile, Democrats who hope to expand their majorities among Latino voters had to enjoy watching two Cuban-American Republicans scrambling to walk back their previous flirtations with reform.

The star of the show was Kelly, the allegedly anti-Trump “lightweight” who devoted an entire segment to shredding Rubio and Cruz over immigration. She began by airing several video clips of Rubio promising to oppose amnesty when he ran for Senate in 2010, at one point arguing that an “earned path to citizenship is basically code for amnesty.” She then pointed out that in the Senate, Rubio helped lead the push for a bill that included an earned path to citizenship.

“Haven’t you already proven that you cannot be trusted on this issue?” Kelly asked.

When Rubio tried to wriggle away, arguing that the “earned citizenship” he opposed in 2010 was different than the “earned citizenship” he supported in 2013, Kelly threw a softball to Bush: “Do you agree Senator Rubio has not reversed himself on his immigration promise?” Bush essentially committed the Republican primary equivalent of a murder-suicide, reminding the audience that he and Rubio both supported versions of amnesty—but that only Rubio lacked the guts to admit it.

“He cut and run because it wasn’t popular among conservatives, I guess,” Bush said.

Bush acknowledged that his position might not be popular in the primary, but with a touch of charming I’m-not-Trump self-deprecation, he urged the audience to read his book stating his case, Immigration Wars. “You can get it at $2.99 on Amazon,” Bush said. “It’s not a best-seller, I can promise you.” When Rubio pointed out that Bush had changed his position on citizenship, Bush didn’t even deny it.

“So did you,” he said.

Rubio seemed taken aback. “Well, but you changed the—in the book …”

“Yeah,” Bush countered. “So did you, Marco.”

Immigration is the issue that most starkly divides the Republican base—which loves Trump’s push for a giant wall and mass deportations—from the Republican establishment. That’s both the business establishment, which supports a free flow of immigration for labor-supply reasons, and the political establishment, which worries that anti-immigrant positions will alienate Latinos and keep the GOP out of the White House. While Rubio has tried to thread the needle during the primary, renouncing his support for his own reform bill but retaining some nuance on the issue, Cruz has portrayed himself as a Trump-style hard-liner, touting his support from reform opponents like Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama and Rep. Steve King of Iowa.

Cruz once filed an amendment to Rubio’s bill that would have created a path to “legalization,” but he has argued that it was really a poison pill designed to kill reform. Last night, though, Kelly effectively quashed that argument, playing several clips of Cruz insisting that he did want reform to pass. “Was that all an act?” Kelly asked him. “It was pretty convincing!” After Cruz flailed around for a few minutes, arguing that it was unfair for Kelly to focus on 38 words in a 1,000-page bill, Kelly turned to Rand Paul, yet another frequent target of Trump’s barbs. “Senator Paul, you know how Washington works,” she said. “Do you buy that?”

Paul—who has denounced Trump as unfit for office, and who has been mocked by Trump for his poll numbers and even his looks—obligingly continued the evisceration of Cruz. “He can’t have it both ways,” he said. “What is particularly insulting is, he’s the king of saying ‘You’re for amnesty.’ Everyone’s for amnesty except for Ted Cruz. But it’s a falseness, and that’s an authenticity problem … I was for legalization. So was Ted—but now he says he wasn’t. That’s not true.”

To recap: Megyn Kelly, derided by Trump as a vapid Trump basher, along with Jeb Bush and Rand Paul, derided by Trump as pathetic losers, led the attacks on Trump’s leading competitors. And in the process, they helped remind Republican primary voters worried about immigration that Bush, Paul, Rubio and Cruz all have supported versions of amnesty. Of course, Trump was conveniently absent, so he didn’t have to field any tough questions about his own inconsistencies on immigration or other issues, from Kelly or anyone else.

At this rate, Trump might get a chance to skip his own inaugural.
so, Fox News, the conservative network,

puts together a montage of clips of the candidates designed to make them look like liars and fools

and this is accepted as good practice.

Fox News is not friend of the conservative.

dog Trump all you want , but only one candidate has been smart to realize that Fox needs to be called out on this.

Had all the candidates boycotted this debate - Fox would be humbled and I think you'd see a different tone in their approach.

[quote=KFWA]I'm guessing you didn't have any support for him before the debate either [/quote

Guessed wrong

Trump lost any support I would have given him

doesn't sound like it
I just discovered Newsmax channel. Looks like I found a new channel.

Had all the candidates boycotted this debate -

But, sigh, only one proved to be that cowardly. If only.......
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
FOX WON!
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
YIPPEE!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Christy keeps putting the boots to hillary. Thumbs way up.

If ever there was a person who could reach back and prosecute Hillary and maybe even Lois Lerner and Eric holder it would be Christi. He didn't come out and say it but if you read between the lines I think he is gunning for all of them and will file if he is elected. Since he is a former federal prosecutor, he knows if it's a viable option.

Besides, we don't really know how Bill Clinton was able to get his millions for his Foundation. Did Hillary have anything to do with it? I wonder how long the statute of limitations are for some of her "alleged" crimes are?

My bet is the FBI is looking at all kinds of issues yet to be publicly discussed. I really think the FBI guys hate that b!tch as much as we do.
kwg
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: IOWA GOP Debate!! - 01/29/16
Christie did very well in the debate.
He would make a great AG.
© 24hourcampfire