Home
Posted By: Bigbuck215 GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
WaaaHoooo !!

Just filled my old Durango. 22.684 gallons for only $40.35 !

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Long time since it had been that cheap and I hope it stays at least that low for a looong time! grin
Posted By: stxhunter Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
in the 1.50s here
Posted By: poboy Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
The ol'lady got this Tucson. It only holds about $20.
Posted By: Teal Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
1.65 - 1.69
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
I made a trip last week and saw gas for $1.50. Been a long time since I saw it that cheap.
Posted By: Seafire Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
WaaaHoooo !!

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Long time since it had been that cheap and I hope it stays at least that low for a looong time! grin

Gee Ivan,

you were talking about Buying one of those Toyota pickup motor homes... you had the big blue Chevy with a camper last year down in Arizona... and now you speak of filling your Durango?

you own a used car lot?, or just like to drive something different here and there...

Hey, I'm thrilled gas is down to a $1.85 here....

I'm not in Texas where they are pumping it at $1.50...

it keeps dropping... and consider a gallon of gas here has like 60 cents a gallon state and Federal tax on it...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Saw diesel at $1.56 in Gonzales yesterday.
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
In the 1.50's in some parts of Wyoming , still 1.95 in Buffalo........WTH
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
It had gone back up into the 1.90's for a while but now is back down to mid 1.70's. Walmart has diesel for 2.01 this morning but I'd rather pay a couple cents more elsewhere. Their station is set up so you have to go through the middle of their busy parking lot to get out. I hate that in my big pickup.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
$2.20 around here. frown
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
I heard here on the campfire that low fuel prices are really really bad for the economy.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Posted By: jnyork Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Couple of days ago I filled my diesel Dodge truck for less than 50.00, 28+ gallons. Almost fun. grin
Posted By: byc Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
$1.47 BUT I would trade back up to higher gas prices for a higher Dow and 401.
Posted By: GW708 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Fri. paid 143.9 reg.
Posted By: specialK Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by byc

i agree
Posted By: Otter Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Just got back from the local Sam's - filled up for $1.339/gal; diesel was $1.489/gal. I don't think it has been that low around here since before Katrina.
Posted By: ihookem Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by byc

All day long. I (unrealized losses ) losses more in my retirement that many years of higher gas prices. . . . and we dont really want gas this cheap. Here is my case. The higher crude goes , the lower it goes in a few year. Been this way for 40 years. Because so many smaller companies will go under, it leaves room to jack prices up very fast from no competition. In 2 or 3 yrs we may very well see 4 bucks a gallon again. What good does that do? Then the oil fields try catching up and can't in time to keep prices down. Then the economy slows down. We need a balance, like a bottom price for American crude . I would be happy with 50 bucks a barrel . Gas would be 2.50 per gallon . Not bad at all. We should all be happy then. I saw 1.47 at Costco and 1.57 everywhere else.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Where not you guys saying let the market set the price when gas was $3 plus a gallon.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
1.80's for the middle grade here.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by ihookem
We need a balance, like a bottom price for American crude .

I agree, might as well also set a bottom for beef and grain.

Few years ago people bitched because farmers were cleaning up on high prices. The wheat market went south so fast that dealers are actually taking equipment back. Break even prices at best.

We only burn about 40 gallons of gas a week in a little 90 hp tractor, $2.30 for the 91 proof non-ethanol.
Posted By: mcmurphrjk Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Just a way to move more wealth to the top quicker. Run the smaller guys out...

It's what our economy and gov't are all about.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by Seafire
WaaaHoooo !!

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Gee Ivan,

you were talking about Buying one of those Toyota pickup motor homes... you had the big blue Chevy with a camper last year down in Arizona... and now you speak of filling your Durango?

you own a used car lot?, or just like to drive something different here and there...

Hey, I'm thrilled gas is down to a $1.85 here....

I'm not in Texas where they are pumping it at $1.50...

it keeps dropping... and consider a gallon of gas here has like 60 cents a gallon state and Federal tax on it...

Actually the old Chevy was kinda brown and served me well hauling the old Alaskan around but I decided I wanted something a little more convenient so I sold them and bought an older Chinook motor home. I like it well but the Ford 460 sure likes gasoline so that is one reason why I'm gonna enjoy lower priced gas. Lower, not cheaper. Lower sounds better.

And the Durango serves as my town and short trip automobile. It's very comfy heading down the road but I don't like staying in motels. With my old Chinook, I usually know who slept in my bed last night. whistle

You coming to Punkin Center this time?
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I heard here on the campfire that low fuel prices are really really bad for the economy.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

you might be right but really I'm not one bit ashamed. Not yet, anyway. grin

byc, I'm 100 percent self funded so I prefer lower gas prices to whatever the stock market has in store for y'all.
Posted By: Seafire Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
yeah, I should be able to make it....

Good Lord willin and the Creeks don't rise...

don't think you'll see me competing much, especially in the Cannon/Dangerous Game Rifle/Testosterone Contest...

hope to see you there...
Posted By: mohick Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
$1.33.9 here in s w mo best it's been for a long long time. hope we can keep the ball rolling for a long long time.SCREW big oil they made their millions
Unless there is some big bad snowstorm in my path, I will be there.

I'm with you on the competition stuff. Leave that to the tuff guys but I will bring my .223.
Posted By: djs Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Cheap gas is good for the consumer, but tough on the economy, drillers, refiners and oil workers!
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Originally Posted by djs
Cheap gas is good for the consumer, but tough on the economy, drillers, refiners and oil workers!

Aside from petroleum, all other facets of the economy benefit.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
$2.10 ............
Posted By: JMR40 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
I saw some at $1.47 a few weeks ago in TN. Here in N GA it is in the mid $1.50's. Closer to big cities like Atlanta it is in the mid $1.70's.
Posted By: RNF Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
$1.569 here for 100% gas.
Posted By: rost495 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Here we go again..... geez I just don't get it. Same folks happy will be very sad in the future again.

But I agree, it would be nice for the pricing to be stable.

But one thing you don't see, while the gas is selling at 80s pricing, which is nuts since we are 35 years inflated down the road.... you rarely see other commodities that go up along with fuel, ever come back down to prices that were 35 years ago... I know... I look for that and never have seen it personally.....

We could get back to 10 bucks a pound or so powder, 1 buck a box primers, bullets at 10 a box or less and so on..... I coudl buy 223 mil surp fired brass for 19 or less a 1000.....

Man.....
Posted By: 700LH Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Filled up today, $2.17 non-ethanol.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
$1.37 for 87 octane E-10, $1.69 for pure gas.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
I love cheap gas and cheap stocks.

Probably not so much the stocks when I'm ready to lay in the sun and rub my sack full time.

All about planning (I have a lot of it to do).
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Regular is $3.54 per gal in San Diego.
Originally Posted by rost495
Here we go again..... geez I just don't get it. Same folks happy will be very sad in the future again.

But I agree, it would be nice for the pricing to be stable.

But one thing you don't see, while the gas is selling at 80s pricing, which is nuts since we are 35 years inflated down the road.... you rarely see other commodities that go up along with fuel, ever come back down to prices that were 35 years ago... I know... I look for that and never have seen it personally.....

We could get back to 10 bucks a pound or so powder, 1 buck a box primers, bullets at 10 a box or less and so on..... I coudl buy 223 mil surp fired brass for 19 or less a 1000.....

Man.....

So what do you propose? Better to be sad all the time than happy part of the time? It doesn't take a crystal ball or some deep insight to know that the price of gas will go up again so I will do my best to enjoy decent prices while I can.
Posted By: EdM Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
WaaaHoooo !!

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Wow. Fantastic.
Posted By: Scotty Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
It is 1.359 here.
Posted By: BMT Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Paid eighty cents a gallon with the loyalty points yesterday. We had a ninety cent credit

Posted By: Henryseale Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/30/16
Saw it in Houston on Friday for $1.379 cash.
Posted By: ringworm Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
$1.449; 29307
Posted By: agazain Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
That's why stocks are tanking. A local convenience store is redoing tanks -- offering non-ethanol gasoline soon.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by EdM
WaaaHoooo !!

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Wow. Fantastic.

It is great for me. I really don't give a fugg about you're retirement
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
$1.54 here. If y'all want it fixed, I say let it get down to about 99 cents and keep it there.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
In northern Ontario, I am paying $0.889 per litre. So multiply that by 3.78 to get a US gallon, and then subtract 40% for exchange on the low Canadian dollar, and you come up with -------------- a good reason to stay at home. grin
Posted By: Steelhead Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Judas Priest, now I need to remember to bring an abacus to a Canuck gas station..............

Are the pumps there still labeled Gold/Silver/Bronze?
Posted By: mohick Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Yeah well again SCREW the drillers refiners etc let them suck it up for awhile, as we all had to, to get to work when it was $4.00 what goes around comes around.
Posted By: jaytee Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
1.34 here in Springfield MO.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
$1.54 here.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by djs

You mean consumers like truckers, airlines, earth moving contractors, farmers and any other employer that need fuel to operate?

Posted By: ltppowell Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by djs

You mean consumers like truckers, airlines, earth moving contractors, farmers and any other employer that need fuel to operate?

Everybody likes a bargain and fuel has been one for a while now. Why is everything you mentioned above static, or going up?
Posted By: rost495 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by EdM
WaaaHoooo !!

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Wow. Fantastic.

THis is the exact issue America has. No one cares about everyone as a whole. No one wants to work to the best thing for a good outcome. Everyone is as greedy as the next.
Its ok when its in your court but when its in the other, oh chit....

I don't have a solution either but folks are happy with low fuel costs. I am too. But I'm just not to stupid to understand its going to bite us again...

So I guess just enjoy what you got when you got it.

And no one comments about other commodities never coming down, but its ok for something to be back to what it cost 35 years ago?

Anyone? Want to comment on costs 35 years ago vs now? Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe there are some other good buys out there... water, electricity, cars, food, stock prices, well...that may be soon enough..., not even a load of gravel for my road. Or corn for the deer feeders....
Posted By: Oakster Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by wyoming260
In the 1.50's in some parts of Wyoming , still 1.95 in Buffalo........WTH

Gotta make the money off the snowmobiling industry that is recreating in the Big Horns! Used to be able to get the "local" discount of 10 to 20 cents if you told them you were local.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
$1.47 here if you shop.
Diesel is 20 cents higher
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
$1.45 is the cheapest in South Louisiana I have seen so far with diesel a little over $1:50. Any cheaper and I will not be able to afford to buy it.

In Long Beach California right now and regular is still over $3.00 per gallon.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by djs

Everybody likes a bargain and fuel has been one for a while now. Why is everything you mentioned above static, or going up?

Government imposed regulations, debt that has to be paid down to list a few. Companies have been held at knife point for 6-7 years with high fuel prices and some made it some didnt. We only had affordable energy for about a year. And prices are coming down, the steer tire I bought for $940 a tire is down to $680 when I called the other day. I dont need a 18000 point dow to prosper. I can prosper on $2.50 a gallon fuel.
It
Originally Posted by EdM
WaaaHoooo !!

$1.77 9/10 per gallon.

Wow. Fantastic.

Why is someone else's retirement my responsibility?

Simply because so many oilfield workers are irresponsible with their income?

If you start working in the oilfield and are too dumb to see how cyclical it is that's your fault, and decide to put all of your money into buying jacked up trucks at 800 a month payment, or put your money into the market and then cry because cheap gas prices are killing your retirement account...that isn't my responsibility, I'm concerned with my family's budget and our future. Noone elses
THis is the exact issue America has. No one cares about everyone as a whole. No one wants to work to the best thing for a good outcome. Everyone is as greedy as the next.
Its ok when its in your court but when its in the other, oh chit....

I don't have a solution either but folks are happy with low fuel costs. I am too. But I'm just not to stupid to understand its going to bite us again...

So I guess just enjoy what you got when you got it.

Posted By: Oakster Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
And no one comments about other commodities never coming down, but its ok for something to be back to what it cost 35 years ago?

Anyone? Want to comment on costs 35 years ago vs now? Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe there are some other good buys out there... water, electricity, cars, food, stock prices, well...that may be soon enough..., not even a load of gravel for my road. Or corn for the deer feeders....

I live in the heart of oil county. A massive amount of energy for the entire country comes out of the county that I live in. The attack on fossil fuels by the government is destroying Wyoming. I understand how higher fuel prices can drive our oil industry, but that being said, oil is manipulated by the governments and big companies, not by the supply and demand of the public as much. Cost doesnt need to be really high for a strong oil industry

Had to look for your post, then found where it was hidden.

I hear you on just a few oil workers, but you'll find its a LOT more than that.

TX economy, and I hope not to be here in a few years, so I'm not just pro TX, is linked to much more than TX.... overall its going to hurt.

And when OPEC nails us once again, everyone will be pointing the finger at oil companies they prayed woudl go bankrupt, once again, for inflating prices....

I think economics should have been a required course in school...

Right now with falling oil, cattle prices are falling and I'm starting to hear the complaining from taht side... when you talk gas.. they are happy.

I wish I did have a solution....

Now back to the question... whats going for 80s prices, in 2016, other than gas?
Posted By: Steelhead Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
I can purchase a television and a computer today for WAY better than 80's prices...
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16

I take it that you don't have money saved and invested for retirement???

Also, it is an implicit admission on your part that too-low commodity prices end up dragging down the whole economy, unless you think Ed only owns oil stocks with no diversity.
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I can purchase a television and a computer today for WAY better than 80's prices...

Better quality too...wish I could say the same for gas...
Originally Posted by mohick
Yeah well again SCREW the drillers refiners etc let them suck it up for awhile, as we all had to, to get to work when it was $4.00 what goes around comes around.

If you knew enough to buy a little stock in those oil companies, you could have gained from their "obscene profits." Maybe it's time to start participating in a corporation-based industrial economy, as that is the way of the world now for the past 150 years or so.

At least someone has some points..... you are correct.

Posted By: vabowhntr Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
And here I thought the falling prices were due to the election coming up...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
It ain't just the oilfield that feels the crunch.

It trickles down to other folks in nearly every industry.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2016/01/30/caterpillar-close-plants-cut-670-jobs/79575144/

PEORIA, Ill. -- One of the largest companies in Illinois has announced another round of layoffs.

Peoria-based Caterpillar says it plans to close five plants and trim nearly 700 jobs in the coming months. The biggest number of cuts will come at a major manufacturing campus in East Peoria.

Caterpillar is also cutting positions in Georgia, New Mexico, Wisconsin and several other states.
Posted By: Huntz Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Where not you guys saying let the market set the price when gas was $3 plus a gallon.

AMEN!!!! laugh
Posted By: ltppowell Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16

At least someone has some points..... you are correct.

Yup, and we 're gonna find out soon enough how how having all petroleum products imported from other counties works out. It may be great. It worked for Wal-Mart.

Anyone? Want to comment on costs 35 years ago vs now? Maybe I'm wrong

Try 15 years ago I paid these prices for fuel. What can you buy an ounce of gold for now as compared to 5 years ago?
I'm not going to say I won't adapt, but the volatility of fuels is the crunch.

I can do wihtout walmart and or a lot of things if need be, I can't much do wihtout fuel....eventually I can, but not at the outset.

One could move to or live in a city and walk or bike to work, doesn't work out here. Likely though I'd just say phug it and go back to raising stuff and just making ends meet...although I'd probably pack my stuff and move far north to start that if it comes to that.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by djs

exactly, lots of prices should be falling like rocks out of the sky to catch up with almost free fuel....
Posted By: calikooknic Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Lowest I have seen here in the central valley is $2.10/gal. If we want to remain independent from OPEC and put the squeeze on them it is going to take close to $3.00 gas. IF that were stable and IF other commodities would stay stable we as a whole would be better off. But no doubt we all like cheap gas in the short run. Same goes for all the cheap crap imported from China. We all want to buy American, but it damn sure isn't easy to do. Lets face it, the products are just not there.
Posted By: Harry M Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
enjoy it, it will be over in about a month.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
Just remember guys the gas/oil is still there, it's known, and oil is just not going to drill it at too cheap a price.
I'm sure many producing wells has been slowed down or shut down if the formation will allow it to occur.
What's happening right now is the drilling of one well on a lease just to hold the lease. Fill in wells will happen at a later date.

What's all that mean for down in this state (Tx) the regional oil producers, many that owe 2 or 3 billion and have assets of a billion or so will go bankrupt, lots of investors will lose big money---in the process. The assets will sell to someone else at a bargain and the process will start over again for the next ten or so year run.
Read where Chevron had a loss of 600 million for the last quarter so that should make some (whats his name up in Oregon) real happy.

He needs to go after American Airlines now cause they made after expenses I believe 400 or 500 million in profit. For the quarter.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

I take it that you don't have money saved and invested for retirement???

Also, it is an implicit admission on your part that too-low commodity prices end up dragging down the whole economy, unless you think Ed only owns oil stocks with no diversity.

I absolutely invest but explain to me how having more expendable income in your pocket every week is a bad thing, especially when that extra money gives you that much more to invest, or spend in the local economy, or even invest in a side business?

Can't you see the problem with an economy based on fiat currency such as the stock market?
There's nothing wrong with more money in your pocket. Nothing at all, unless it comes from a large segment of the economy shrinking. That drags down the entire economy because it is not based upon growth.

The reason I always question who has investments or not is it makes no sense to complain about big companies making big profits so long as you own part of the company. That is the essence of the stock market.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
The 'fire members never cease to amaze me! I never thought there would be so much bitching and whining about the price of a commodity getting cheaper.

Well, I'm gonna enjoy it to the max!
Posted By: rahtreelimbs Re: GASOLINE ! - 01/31/16
I am just happy to see fuel at $1.99....finally!!!
Posted By: Redneck Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
$1.69 here - but even better: diesel's been hovering between $1.89-1.99...
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
Is the low price of crude ( gasoline ) dragging the price of corn ( additive ) down. Hasbeen
Posted By: MadMooner Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
It cracks me up when folk think the price of goods should be falling like a rock when the cost of fuel does.

Lots of companies are just happy to be adding a little more to their bottom line and have no delusions that fuel will stay thus cheap.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
It's gonna get even cheaper when all of it moves to Mexico. Of course, it will be relative, as the economy moves with it.
Posted By: RWE Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
Everytime you buy a gallon of case, but another 2 bucks per gallon in a jar.

The money you save will help ease the pain when the recession hits as soon as a new administration gets in and Ă˜bama can't hide the failure anymore.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
It cracks me up when people don't understand the price of crude effects more products than just gasoline. Hasbeen
Posted By: rost495 Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It cracks me up when folk think the price of goods should be falling like a rock when the cost of fuel does.

Lots of companies are just happy to be adding a little more to their bottom line and have no delusions that fuel will stay thus cheap.

so why does gas go up and down.... if gas stayed up folks would really be mad at the middle man for making more money.....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
The middleman doesn't make more money. It's far too competitive, as it's a high volume/low margin business.

Comparing the cost of Chinese electronics and US refined fuels is laughable BTW.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
For the people that are saying low gas prices are causing the stock market to drop. Why was the stock market so low when gas was 4 bucks a gallon?
Originally Posted by MadMooner

so why does gas go up and down.... if gas stayed up folks would really be mad at the middle man for making more money.....

The "middle man" is the Government, and people should be mad at him.
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
For the people that are saying low gas prices are causing the stock market to drop. Why was the stock market so low when gas was 4 bucks a gallon?

Because he who controls the energy, controls everything else.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: GASOLINE ! - 02/01/16
Every time I am forced to buy gasoline this cheaply, I anguish over the widows and orphans that are starving as a result.
© 24hourcampfire