Home
Posted By: 5sdad Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
On Friday, I once again experienced the pleasure of traffic tie-up at the gas pumps with people trying to occupy available spots from two different directions instead of just lining up in orderly fashion thanks to the c##k-s**king, mother-f%%ing, s**t-eating, d**c-licking, idiot that thought it cute to start putting the gas fill on the wrong side of some vehicles.
Which one is the wrong side?
Personally I think they should all be on the drivers side.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
That is where they always used to be (unless they were under the rear license plate, and those whose cars had them there had the decency and courtesy to approach the pumps from the right side) and where God intended them to be.
Posted By: poboy Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Dam Democrats...again.
Posted By: KEVIN_JAY Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
I never had a problem when it was behind the rear license plate. Of course I'm older than dirt, so I remember it.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
They've standardized so many other things. I don't know why they haven't standardized something as simple as this. We usually get gas at Costco. At least they had the sense to install extra long hoses so you can reach either side of the car. The lanes are 1 way but you can be in any line with any car.
I remember back in the 60's when it was stylish to hide the gas filler hole under tail lights, license plates, etc. I had a '71 Nova with it under the license plate. The problem was that in that year, the plate was below the bumper which made the filler too low. You didn't want to be behind it when the nozzle clicked off because it would always splash on your legs.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
To be fair, car companies that design for both left- and right-side steering have enough differences in parts to worry about, so it makes a modicum of sense to only have one design of gas tank and rear body panels.

If you sell more cars to Japan and Australia than to the US, it is probably smarter to have the gas filler on the right. Some models of Ford are huge in England, so those models may be excused for the right-side filler.

But for here in good old USA, that right-side filler is indeed a pain in the bupkis.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by poboy
Dam Democrats...again.

I can spot those at the pump really easy.

They are the ones that pull up in front of you at the pump, leave the car running while they text on their cell phones for a few minutes...

Then they get out of the car, and go inside to pay for their $5 worth of gas because they don't have a credit card... (We all know why they don't whistle )

Then 10 minutes later they come back outside, pump their gas, all the while texting and filling the pump side garbage can with enough empty beer cans and Big Gulp cups to overload a huge garbage truck.. and then spend two minutes trying to milk the hose for 3 more drops of gas after the pre-pay clicks them off.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
After scanning over the Drudge Report this morning, I'll think I'll worry about something else.
Posted By: Steve Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Why don't they put two gas fills one on each side (other than the obvious cost adder to BOM).
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Think it had something to do with people running out of gas and being out in the middle of traffic trying to put gas in with a can... so they put the fill tube on the curb side.

Phil
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Think it had something to do with people running out of gas and being out in the middle of traffic trying to put gas in with a can... so they put the fill tube on the curb side.

Phil

Dumbing down society for the lowest common denominator...
Posted By: Redneck Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16

Phil
What if they run out of gas while on the inside lane of a 6-lane freeway? When they pull off to the left shoulder they're STILL gonna get hit by a 80,000# Kenworth.. laugh

But I hear ya - standardize the damn things to make it easier for everybody..
Posted By: Scott F Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dam Democrats...again.

They are the ones that pull up in front of you at the pump, leave the car running while they text on their cell phones for a few minutes...

Then they get out of the car, and go inside to pay for their $5 worth of gas because they don't have a credit card... (We all know why they don't whistle )

Then 10 minutes later they come back outside, pump their gas, all the while texting and filling the pump side garbage can with enough empty beer cans and Big Gulp cups to overload a huge garbage truck.. and then spend two minutes trying to milk the hose for 3 more drops of gas after the pre-pay clicks them off.

And you guys all hate Oregon. grin
Posted By: Hotload Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Which one is the wrong side?
Personally I think they should all be on the drivers side.

Well yes .... of course
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by Scott F
Dam Democrats...again.

I don't hate Oregon. Just liberals. laugh
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Hah!

Life's rough for some folk.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference which side the freaking gas cap is on.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
As I mentioned above, there are 75 countries in which the right side IS the driver's side.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Most that I've seen, have a marker by the fuel gauge to indicate which side you should pull up on.
Posted By: byc Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Costco definitely has it figured out. One way in and one way out!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16

Phil

In Europe they have them on the right side for that very reason in countries that drive on the correct side of the road, unlike the Brits and Italians. whistle whistle
Posted By: Seafire Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Oregon is pretty organized here since we have to let attendants pump our fuel...even up in Potland...

but especially locally, where the volume stations have arrows on the ground to display the desired flow... there can be a line of people waiting at the stations with the cheapest fuel...

a car leaves, and in comes Joe California, and zips in, in the wrong direction, so they don't have to wait in line...

and then they get all pissed off that they won't serve them, and tell them to back out and get in line...

happens all the time...but very rarely do these clowns get away with it...

that is one positive thing about not pumping your own fuel...

I cross into CA, and at the fuel station its a darn free for all at some of them...
Posted By: 4ager Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
The fact that people can't figure out a damned gas pump says all that is needed about this nation today.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16

Ted Kennedy passed a law in the 1960's that made all auto makers alternate side and rear accessed gas filling provisions to keep car thieves from stealing cars and putting gas in them when they don't know where to put the gas. Gas stations were then supposed to have cameras to catch the confused motorists and then call the cops to catch the criminals while they were still tying to find the gas filler spout.

It is best you know where to put your gas or you could be arrested for grand theft auto...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by 4ager
The fact that people can't figure out a damned gas pump says all that is needed about this nation today.

Under suitable conditions, an egg becomes a chicken; and there are no chickens born of stones.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
I'm not sure of what you speak, nor can I cipher all of your large vulgar words, but I will fphuck you up........

Hint.

Slave

grin
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
I could never figure out why anyone would put it on the right side. Maybe the designer is from England or something. We drive on the right in this country with the median on the left of the vehicle.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
The right side left side issue is a minor inconvenience compared to pulling into a country gas station to fill up your vehicle only to have to wait while 3 or 4 different groups of snowmobiles have all the pumps occupied while 10-15 different riders each buy a few gallons of gas, top off their oil injection tanks and put their helmets and gloves back on when they're done socializing.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
i use a small country gas station to get white gas for my SxS, chainsaw, weed eater, mower.

1 diesel pump, 1 gas pump.

never fails. A democrat is blocking the pump with his hoopty with rims, not even getting gas. In the store grabbing a swisher sweet and getting phone card minutes.

I'll pull in nose to nose, so he'll least have to back out.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Chaos is such a strong word. How about mangitis?
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Thanks to the c##k-s**king, mother-f%%ing, s**t-eating, d**c-licking, idiot that thought it cute to start putting the gas fill on the wrong side of some vehicles.

LOL! Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!
I refer to him as "The Original Idiot", or d@ckhead #1. I told "Wifey", if, when I die, I'm allowed through the Pearly Gates, I'm going to hunt up the guy who invented vice-grips and shake his hand. If, OTOH, I end up in a warmer climate, I'm gonna find this "original idiot" and kick his ass!
7mm
Posted By: rem141r Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
i've had my outback for 4 months and still pull into the drivers side pump. first car i've ever had with it on the passenger side.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
We had a fresh water washdown (flushed the fire system) in Gutan Lake after passing thru.
Also a fresh water shower for the crew.
Originally Posted by Scott F

I don't hate Oregon. Just liberals. laugh

We have a lot in common.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by rost495
Most that I've seen, have a marker by the fuel gauge to indicate which side you should pull up on.

that's the key!

Sycamore
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Dont have these problems with Corvettes.
Originally Posted by Pat85
Dont have these problems with Corvettes.

Didn't have that problem when I drove truck. 150 gallon tank on each side.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
FREEDOM!

whats wit you folkses. This is 'murica. Be brave. drive in whichever dang ways you wants to. fillerup with witchever hose ya ken. takes however long you wants to to pay and stuf, the cashere lady mite be HOT! and it takes a long time t figger out the price of a can a snuff nowsdays.

and fer petes sakes, who's komplanein bout emptee they trash out at the free trash cans. mans gotta be dum not too. 'sides the can at home is all filled up wit sposable diepers from the kiddos me an the ole lady have. somes hers, somes mine, somes ours (i think, mite be her pa's, he visits lots)

I sez FREEDOM, this be the land o comepetitishun (thas a hard one t spel). if'n I ken gets to the pump for you by goin the rong way, its only rite.

yall nedes ta kwit yer bishin.

FREEDOM.

Geno

PS, i hates them dam arras pane ted on the ground. in the grossery store lot, at the red lites, and in them fillin stashuns. I never paze a tension to them.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Try it here in Northern Mexico, where they no speekee too! mad

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Try it here in Northern Mexico, where they no speekee too! mad

Si senor, pero puedo hablar Espanol un poco.

(No accent marks, "enyehs" etc as I'm lazy with the keyboard tonight!)

Geno

PS, You folks getting your fill of rain yet?
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I remember back in the 60's when it was stylish to hide the gas filler hole under tail lights, license plates, etc. I had a '71 Nova with it under the license plate. The problem was that in that year, the plate was below the bumper which made the filler too low. You didn't want to be behind it when the nozzle clicked off because it would always splash on your legs.

I think the govt put an end to having the filler in the rear of the vehicle because it would piss gas if you got rear-ended. Not a good thing to have gasoline squirting out of the rear of the vehicle during a collision.
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/02/16

A lot of good that does.
Who the hail could make heads or tails of all the damned hieroglyphs all up and down and across the dashboard these days?
It's no wonder we gotta have rumble strips carved in the roadways where painted lines used to be. Everybody is so busy trying to cipher all the codes to operate all the gadgetry they ain't got time to look out and HAVE to drive by braille.

Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I think the govt put an end to having the filler in the rear because it would piss gas if you got rear-ended. Not a good thing to have squirting out of the rear during a collision.

Sounds gay to me...

grin

Posted By: Ready Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by Pappy348
After scanning over the Drudge Report this morning, I'll think I'll worry about something else.

Word.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Chaos at the Gas Pump - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

A lot of good that does.
Who the hail could make heads or tails of all the damned hieroglyphs all up and down and across the dashboard these days?
It's no wonder we gotta have rumble strips carved in the roadways where painted lines used to be. Everybody is so busy trying to cipher all the codes to operate all the gadgetry they ain't got time to look out and HAVE to drive by braille.

Excellent point. With all of the attention given to accidents caused by drivers distracted by their cell phones, what about the ones caused by drivers distracted by their dashboards?
© 24hourcampfire