Home
9pm EST.

Anyone watching?

I may sit this one out...
I wouldn't.

Supreme Court questions will be front and center.
Hopefully that will generate more candid talk if their staff hasn't had time to gin up 2 minute stump relies that they've memorized...
No way !
can't miss this one,So much more at stake now.
Definitely watching this one.
I will cruz by CBS once and awhile during the "debate".
Going to be a blood bath.

Five things to watch for in the CBS Republican debate

Feb 13, 2016

The six remaining Republican presidential candidates will be on stage in Greenville, South Carolina Saturday night for the CBS News Republican debate.

The stakes are high for the remaining candidates, as they head into a period of the primary season that relies less on retail politicking. A strong debate performance could be crucial as the candidates try to reach the voters who are next in line to cast their ballots -- in South Carolina and Nevada.

Here are five things to watch for:

Donald Trump versus Ted Cruz: Each candidate has a win under his belt, with Cruz claiming victory in the Iowa caucuses and Trump dominating the New Hampshire primaries.As they head into South Carolina, their attacks on each other are heating up. Trump this week accused the Cruz campaign of using "sleazy and dishonest" tactics in the Palmetto State, while the Cruz campaign is using attacks against Trump in its fundraising emails. It remains to be seen whether their nasty and personal attacks will reappear on the debate stage.
CBS News releases Republican presidential debate lineup

"I'm expecting the candidates to have a presidential demeanor on the outside and on the inside, a roiling desire to do battle," CBS News political director and "Face the Nation" host John Dickerson told "CBS Evening News" anchor Scott Pelley. "Usually on a debate stage, the candidates want to look presidential because they don't want to come across as too aggressive. On the other hand, the stakes are very high here in South Carolina."

Can Jeb Bush build on his New Hampshire finish? The former Florida governor has struggled to gain much traction since launching his presidential bid, but after investing a considerable amount of time and money in New Hampshire, he placed fourth there. To keep his campaign alive, he'll have to take the others down a notch.

Will Bush continue his pattern of taking on Trump on the debate stage? Or will he take on his competitors for the title of "establishment" candidate? Watch for Bush to take on Ohio Gov. John Kasich for expanding Medicaid, Cruz on defense issues, and Sen. Marco Rubio on the question of presidential readiness.

Can Rubio rehabilitate his image? In the last Republican debate, Rubio performed poorly -- and it hurt him. After his relatively strong third-place finish in the Iowa caucuses, expectations were high for the Florida senator. Yet days before the New Hampshire primary, Rubio let his fellow Republicans knock him off his game. He finished in a disappointing fifth place in New Hampshire.

Saturday night will give the usually eloquent, telegenic senator a chance to redeem himself with debate watchers.

How far right does Kasich move? John Kasich managed to take second place in the New Hampshire primaries after focusing all of his energy on that state -- and catering to its famously independent-minded, moderate voters.

That strategy, however, won't be as effective in deep red states like South Carolina. He'll need a strong debate performance to pull him through to the early-March primaries, when Midwestern states like Michigan will vote.

Is this Ben Carson's last stand? The retired neurosurgeon placed in a disappointing eighth place in New Hampshire, so he'll need a game-changing performance Saturday night if he wants to carry his campaign past South Carolina. "I reassess the future of the campaign every day," Carson said Friday, adding that he expects to do "extraordinarily well" in South Carolina.

"It's a matter of really getting out in front of enough audiences, so that they get a chance to see me and hear me as opposed to the way they have been characterized by many in the media."

Originally Posted by isaac
I wouldn't.

Supreme Court questions will be front and center.

Yep...and something we all show be worried about.

Doc
I'll pass as it will not change my vote.
I'm watching Daytona!! grin
Daytona is on why would they schedule the debate for tonight is beyond me... But then again most nascar fans wouldn't watch the debate anyhow.. Go #88!
TF. My Dad and I had this same discussion earlier.

They went to the debate.
Is Richard Petty leading?
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Is Richard Petty leading?

no he's wining!! We're all winning!! So much that we're all tired of it!! laugh
I'll watch it.....or a least as much of it as I can stand.....but if Cruz starts pecking on that dam podium again I'm out...
Poured a little Kentucky bourbon and raised the glass to honor the memory of Justice Scalia. Settling in to see how it goes.
[bleep] Jr just got his whole right side torn off his car..
you're gonna get in trouble! wink

The on-topic Nazi's are out tonight!
I'm watching.

Here we go! Lol!
30 second answers? Hahahahahahahahahaaaa! Good luck with that!
I have the split screen thing going....
*ding* you don't want that...
Originally Posted by byc
you're gonna get in trouble! wink

The on-topic Nazi's are out tonight!

[bleep]'em lol #48 just went for a ride tough nigh for the Hendricks cars just leaving Kahne lone Hendricks car
I'm watching the debate and Trump is an absolute fool.
I think he's doing just fine.

No race updates !!! I got it on DVR !!!!! No no no !
Originally Posted by atvalaska
No race updates !!! I got it on DVR !!!!! No no no !

Oops sorry no more updates I promise
Shut up kasick!
My fellow Sandlappers are giving the boys on stage heck!

No holding back tonight.
Bush sure has enough paid lobbyists out in the audience breathing life into the dead horse.

More proof my theory is correct.
Trump's digging a hole,he needs to shut up

I love ya' buddy but the crowd's NOT with him. He's a fool to go after GW on that stage. He should know better.
Yeah, we'll see.
Don't know what Trump is on, but he better get some real advice during the break on how to get along with people. He is digging a hole he will have trouble climbing out of.
He's negotiating.
It's pretty pathetic that the GOP picks and chooses which lobbyist to allow into the audience in an effort to sway opinion.

They keep wildly cheering Bush when he's a joke and we all know it.
Originally Posted by byc

I love ya' buddy but the crowd's NOT with him. He's a fool to go after GW on that stage. He should know better.
o

Which matters more; the crowd there or thbe one watching out here?

Interesting that Bush (who matters not.a bit at this point) would destabilize Syria like his bro did Iraq. Friggin brilliant.
He should have stayed in SC and attended the F&F forum at BJU. But instead he assumed he had SC won and hauled down to FL.

Almost sounds like Iowa huh?

I simply do not understand his logic.

At least they are railing on obama and clinton.
Major G needs to check the mirror when knotting a tie.

Jeb is worthless.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

More proof my theory is correct.

Yep I gotta say it's crazy hearing Bob cheer that anti-Bush stuff.

Self funded. Fracking right that man knows what strings to pluck no matter how ya'll feel about his willingness to speak truth about Bush's stupidity in going to Iraq.

Cruz is kicking ass.
I'll admit I didn't appreciate Trump going there, at all and it wasn't a good start.

I thought he did well on the tax part though so, maybe he'll reverse that bad start.
Originally Posted by mudhen
Poured a little Kentucky bourbon and raised the glass to honor the memory of Justice Scalia. Settling in to see how it goes.

Ben,

You are always the refreshing gentleman. Looking forward to seeing you.
Mr.Trump is giving his supporters exactly
What they want.
Cruz has done the best so far, imo.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by mudhen

Ben,

You are always the refreshing gentleman. Looking forward to seeing you.

I poured a LOT! grin
Mr.Trump is giving his supporters exactly
What they want.

Zactamundo ha Bush just cites Cato Institutute what a dousche

Fo schizel

Love LOVE Dr Carson
All I know is that every poll that has every existed says that Trump won the debate.
Chump sounds like a Democrat...
Trump just blew it big time on WMDs. Blaming GWB for
9\11 is..it was planned for the transition between
Presidents. May have blew it for me.
Originally Posted by poboy
Trump just blew it big time on WMDs. Blaming GWB for
9\11 is..it was planned for the transition between
Presidents. May have blew it for me.

Was REALLY stupid letting himself get pulled into that one before SC that won't play well w/ GOP primary voters there.
To top it off he has never doged the dems the way he does Bush... He must own the comment section at NPR...
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
All I know is that every poll that has every existed says that Trump won the debate.

My comments about the audience not being with Trump were not an end all but a reflection of the true stance of the state.

All the yard signs and idle discussions point to Cruz and Rubio. Heck I've seen more Carson than Trump signs. The folks who vote here do not participate in polls and such. The ones who do are Trump and Bush like.

I know what the polls say BUT I believe this state will deliver a surprise but expected and much dreaded ending for Trump supporters.

Again, he should not be going after GW or even Jeb!! Just dumb!

And he shouldn't have gone to Tampa. That had folks talking just like Iowa.

Keep in mind all of tonight will be discussed mostly in Churches tomorrow.
Rubio continues to impress.
Sc is loaded with army folks, doging bush seem unwise...
Cruz is rockin it against Rubio and gang of 8 friggin sweet
Walking by,..did I just hear Rubio tout the ability to speak Spanish?
Was I DT or TC, this would be my last debate, with the RNC packin the house against ya.
Who the f cares what Bush has to say?????? Guy is beyond a joke!
Chump sounds like a Democrat...

That's because he is a Democrat.....

And I'd add that anyone that still supports Trump after him saying that 9/11 was Bush's fault is no different than those that would ignore Hildog lying to the families of those that died in Bengazi or her e-mail felonies....
Both ignore the facts due to their ideology....
Trump continues to deflect questions. Has he ever fully answered questions?
OMG WTH are you doing Donald? Bush is not even your competition!!

Just unreal.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Kinda he dissed Cruz for not speaking Spanish.

That'll do as well in SC as Trumps attacks on GB.

Now trump hits Bush again and Bush responds with butt hurt bs pansy crap.
Originally Posted by byc

Just unreal.

Please please please treat him like the non issue he is.

Cruz is kicking ass while looking dignified just beautiful.

Kasich singing cumbaya.
Kasich is such a looser.
Friggin Rubio.
Rubio needs to man up and just admit he made a mistake as a rookie senator and that he realized the error. He's not helping anybody by lying about it.
Love love love Carson the man sounds so beautifully Reaganesque
It's final I'm voting for Hildabeast!!!!
Comrade sanders it is...
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by byc

Just unreal.

Please please please treat him like the non issue he is.

Cruz is kicking ass while looking dignified just beautiful.

Kasich singing cumbaya.

LOl! I would have much more respect for you were that your goal.

Trump should be going after Cruz and Rubio here because he's not going to steal Jeb votes.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Kinda he dissed Cruz for not speaking Spanish.

That'll do as well in SC as Trumps attacks on GB.

Now trump hits Bush again and Bush responds with butt hurt bs pansy crap.
But then Cruz proved he speaks Spanish.
Kasich Kumbaya. The why can't we just get along candidate.
Yes I caught that so totally missed an opportunity, "you're right I press 1 NOT 2"

Bless your honest soul!
Reid shummer rubio...😈😈 f rubio
What a joke this crowd is. They boo Trump and Cruz for saying they will send illegals home and they cheer Rubio for basically saying he would give amnesty to 12 million illegals.

God I hope people can see past the nonesense.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Bless your honest soul!

I tell you what though, that forked rogue Rubio has is hard to compete with.
Hey rubio ...I don't see Cruz in the pic of the gang of 8
Why why why does Trump treat Bush as if he matters?

Good opportunity there taken by Trump on his changes as he gets older

Now Cruz brings it back to substance while keeping his head and sounding intelligent.
The crowd is who …...kids?
Damn, now I am pissed I am missing it.
Originally Posted by rrroae
What a joke this crowd is. They boo Trump and Cruz for saying they will send illegals home and they cheer Rubio for basically saying he would give amnesty to 12 million illegals.

Rubio knows he sucks on amnesty so his standard tactic is to gloss over any amnesty question and then, he immediately tangents off and talks about securing the border. That way he always ends on an applause line. The sheep only hears what he ends on. They don't notice he never addresses his own weakness. He's clever but it's easy to spot if you have half a brain.
I'm just astounded that this has gone this far. Trump is losing support he will need later on.
I could take any of these guy BUT kasick ...human azzwipe!
Originally Posted by EdM
Damn, now I am pissed I am missing it.

meh.....the winning ticket is already in.
Predator needs to jump down an pull the string like spine ...an skull off k-sick
Have I mentioned I LOVE Ben Carson
If I was on the stage I'd be worried about Trump having his gun.
Kasich knows the taste of Dem [bleep]
Trump lost it right there!

Back to me and I and I really don't need to do this.

Even his attempts at jokes fail now.
Trump once again proved that he is not to be trusted
Is Jeb on top in SC?

What is Trump's fixation with him???
efw,

He sounds good. He doesn't have a chance.
This debate is f'd up.

The moderators appear to have two goals:
1. F trump
2. Ensure the republicans tear each other up

The moderators should not have a dog in the fight. It's obvious that they are all in for Clinton.
Originally Posted by ribka
Trump once again proved that he is not to be trusted

true.
Originally Posted by efw
Is Jeb on top in SC?

NO and that's what I've been saying to you all night. Bush is NOT going to win SC and Trump is not going to win Bush supporters.

But Trump sees Bush as weak. He cannot see the forest from the trees. BUSH is not the voter!! If anything he is helping Bush.

and Carson sounds like a damn idiot.
Originally Posted by Ringman
efw,

He sounds good. He doesn't have a chance.

Totally agree that he can't win but I got a man crush. I'd love to adopt him as my dad.

Channels Reagan better than anyone on that stage. Amazing
The peanut gallery needs to STFU...
Trump knows that the Scalia death is going to tank his chances at a nomination. The question is whether he's glad he's not going to get it.
that includes Trump
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by efw
Is Jeb on top in SC?

NO and that's what I've been saying to you all night. Bush is NOT going to win SC and Trump is not going to win Bush supporters.

But Trump sees Bush as weak. He cannot see the forest from the trees. BUSH is not the voter!! If anything he is helping Bush.

I've been agreeing with you. The suggestion a couple pages back was made to Trump as if I were speaking to him.
?
Trump got twisted by Jeb's psychological Jiu-Jitsu.
The ad with the blk kids and the YMCA..is 3rd world...get them spray painted pics of your people off the walls...looks like muzze want ta be's
I would think this debate would hurt the Donald,
personally I think he's tanking,but who knows he'll somehow come out on top.
Schit show at best. Trump is a buffoon.
Everyone on the stage is a liar except Trump.
Originally Posted by Steve
Trump knows that the Scalia death is going to tank his chances at a nomination. The question is whether he's glad he's not going to get it.

A dose of reality was definitely not part of Mr. Trumps plan.
I think what the Lord wants is for me to suck dem cock
I'm noticing they keep letting Rubio end on an applause line.
Trump peed down his leg, not his best night. Especially right before SC. The only two on that stage I'd hate to vote for are Bush and Kasich, but Trump really did himself no favors tonight.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by efw
Is Jeb on top in SC?

I've been agreeing with you. The suggestion a couple pages back was made to Trump as if I were speaking to him.

Ah! Too much tart cherry juice over here!! wink
Carson, is good but atad slow , he need a spot in the/a adminastation
NP man I understand completely

I was least negative on trump of any of the candidates (beside Carson who I love knowing he can't win) before tonight.
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
Trump peed down his leg, not his best night. Especially right before SC.

The timing is to Trumps advantage. Debates don't change anything...it's the next week of media spin that does.
Rubio is quite looks like Carson ...bush a thrump are scraping
Exactly, and once again Trump running off to Tampa hurt him more than the debate. To shun a BJU event thinking he had a win in the bag was just dumb. Although, I do believe tonight's debate will effect Trump outside of SC.

It was a Cruz/Rubio kind of night and SC churches will be on fire tomorrow.

About the only thing for sure is this state will NOT go blue. So no worries there.
Stand by to hear the media talk about how awesome of a comeback Rubio had after the NH debate ugh.
Cruz had the best closing statement imo.
Originally Posted by efw

You'd have to pull the republicans off first.

dave

Trumps closing statement was best.
I work for you.
dave
Originally Posted by dave7mm

I work for you.
dave

You actually believe that he believes that!!??

The only candidate I would believe who said that is Carson.

I work for you.
dave

Trump works for Trump and for Trump only. ZERO trust in him.
Best line of the night.

Jeb: "My mom is the strongest woman I know." Trump responds: "she should be running."
Trump emotionally lost it tonight.

Anyone really take him serious?

He has a one liner like a 4th grader speaking to retards.

Trump.."Planned Parenthood Is Great!"

Originally Posted by SU35

Trump.."Planned Parent Hood Is Great!"

You sort of left out the part where he said they were great for what they do for women's health but that he didn't and wouldn't support what they do on abortion.

Cruz rubio ticket ....!😅
Cruz rubio ticket ....!😅

NO
Trump says, "It's my best debate."
Trump.."Planned Parent Hood Is Great!"

You sort of left out the part where he said they were great for what they do for women's health but that he didn't and wouldn't support what they do on abortion.

Of course he did.
Just another YUGE win for Trump tonight.
dave
You mean I left this out.

PP is a front for an organization that is mainly an abortion provider masquerading as a reproductive health organization.

But then Trump is to stupid to figure this out.

Oh yeah, I forgot Trump supports abortion.
Trump's poll numbers won't suffer. For every Conservative he loses because of his attack on GWB, he will pick up a Liberal.

Rubio will be crowned the debate winner.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I work for you.
dave

Trump works for Trump and for Trump only. ZERO trust in him.

All the rest are bought and paid for just like Trump said.
Trump is spot on in the regard.
dave
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Cruz rubio ticket ....!😅

NO
tell me more I'll listen !
Ben Carson is the only decent man running.Jeb is a tool,Kasich is a career politician,Cruz bleck,Rubio-politician.Carson is right.You have to vote for him for him to win.Special interests and media are what controls who we vote for if we let them.
Originally Posted by efw

You'd have to pull the republicans off first.

dave

I said that as a slam on Kasich who kept using that phrase "I think the good Lord wants..."

So yeah you got it wink
Originally Posted by Huntz
Ben Carson is the only decent man running.Jeb is a tool,Kasich is a career politician,Cruz bleck,Rubio-politician.Carson is right.You have to vote for him for him to win.Special interests and media are what controls who we vote for if we let them.

You're so right and I'm glad you said this.
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Cruz rubio ticket ....!😅

NO
tell me more I'll listen !

Rubio's denied or evaded his amnesty record and called Cruz a liar repeated.
Someone has to tell Trump to ditch that dang lobster face, raccoon eyes look. Give the makeup a break already.
You mean I left this out.

PP is a front for an organization that is mainly an abortion provider masquerading as a reproductive health organization.

But then Trump is to stupid to figure this out.

Oh yeah, I forgot Trump supports abortion.

You support Cruz so it's not too hard to figure out where you're coming from.
Wow.....and Rush supports him too.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/rush-limbaugh-supports-ted-cruz-president/2016/02/10/id/713757/
Originally Posted by curdog4570

What?????

Kasich won that debate handily.
Well since Rush supports him,.....

Should I check on Beck and Hannity as well before making up my mind?

This statement is delusional.
Originally Posted by kingston

What?????

Yep if kissing the butts of Liberals were the standard he'd have won.

Cruz was, IMHO, the decisive winner.

The only reason Rubio could be said to win this one is because of the terribly low expectations everyone had of him coming in. He hit some great points but not enough to win.
Someone has to tell Trump to ditch that dang lobster face, raccoon eyes look. Give the makeup a break already.

I'm pretty sure that from tanning not makeup.
I had my mind made long before.

I saw Trump in Phoenix and while I like the issues he has raised He has never given me any substance or detail.

Trump is as big, if not bigger, a liar as anyone on that stage. And this is from someone who backs him.

This statement is delusional.

It's not outlawpatriot's delusion but what he considers to be Trumps delusion.

He hates Trump.
Trump's poll numbers won't suffer. For every Conservative he loses because of his attack on GWB, he will pick up a Liberal.

This is a great point
I had my mind made long before.

I saw Trump in Phoenix and while I like the issues he has raised He has never given me any substance or detail.

No problem with that.

Just so you know, nothing I say is personal. Just political talk. Hope you understand that.
Originally Posted by efw

I don't understand what you mean by this.
Yes! and I too.

Nothing personal at all.

All in fun.
Trump is as big, if not bigger, a liar as anyone on that stage. And this is from someone who backs him.

This is a reasonable man. I'm a huge fan of self awareness.
Rush does not endorse candidates in the Primary. To say he supports Cruz is not accurate.

Rush, Levin and Beck all support Cruz. That's good enough for me.
lolol

I'm under no illusions with what I'm getting with Trump. I'm just ready for someone to tear down the whole damn system and he's screwed up enough to do that.

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Rush does not endorse candidates in the Primary. To say he supports Cruz is not accurate.

If you've listened to Rush for more than 10 minutes, it's pretty obvious he supports Cruz.
lolol

I'm under no illusions with what I'm getting with Trump. I'm just ready for someone to tear down the whole damn system and he's screwed up enough to do that.

To quote myself, "He's (Trump) both exciting and terrifying."
Last thing this country needs is another career politician. JMO... Good old boy clubs are why this country is in a politically correct "blacklives matter" state of being. Makes me want to puke..
Trump is a chump,he got bested by everyone that spared with him tonight
When He started hammering on Bush he comes off as the Bully picking on the kid with glasses,then starts with His daddy.Just didn't plat well

Cruz handled him quite well basically calling him a child telling him adults don't talk over each other Donald.

Rubio had a good debate,not good when he called out Cruz accusing him of not speaking Spanish and Cruz started conversing in fluent Spanish

Kaisich is far to liberal and his high road approach isn't working
Carson just ain't got it but is a gentleman

Trump had the worst debate boorish,hot headed,4th grade level antics
He got further exposed as the liberal he is.
Chump.…looked like a pizzed off dem tonite...I like him bashing the system thust far..but he is a dem cry baby... Dam sad....
Originally Posted by efw

I don't understand what you mean by this.

Kasich is playing for the self-described centrist vote. The spirit he imvibes is "we need to come together to make Washington work".

At this stage of the game I consider that sucking up to Libs cuz it's the Boehnerific way of constantly capitulating to the Left.

Originally Posted by efw
Kasich is playing for the self-described centrist vote. The spirit he imvibes is "we need to come together to make Washington work".

We don't need compromise, that's just guarantees you loose slowly. We need someone like Cruz that's willing to stand steadfast on the Constitution, especially now that we've lost one of the best, if not the best SCJs we've ever had....
lolol

My friend, Twimp loves the "system". A little grease here and a little green there, and Twimp buys himself a politician he needs to "move things along". He's as crooked as a dog's hind leg. He should fit right in with "the system".

I didn't get to see it. But, I see trump is dominating the Drudge poll.

It appears everybody's mind is made up here.
+ 1
YUP.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
lolol

My friend, Twimp loves the "system". A little grease here and a little green there, and Twimp buys himself a politician he needs "move things along". He's as crooked as a dog's hind leg. He should fit right in with "the system".

Yeah bud, I hear you and I know he's a slime.

But there's just something really satisfying about seeing the pimple faced GOP leadership bust that purple vein on their forehead with trump tearing down their little world.

It's my way, and I suspect it's the same for others, of telling the GOP to GFY for the song and dance routine they've played on us for the past couple of decades.

Originally Posted by efw
Maybe what he is saying, but his voice and tone are like mister Rogers.
Originally Posted by efw

Fo schizel

Love LOVE Dr Carson

------------

Carson is who I believe Trump is seriously considering for the VP slot.
I tried but could not watch much of the debate. Trump was acting like a spoiled child and talking over others when it was their turn. What little that I watched Cruz and Rubio won, and I don't know if I can vote for Rubio or not. I know that I need to, but damn, I know where he actually stands on immigration, not what he is touting now. I am thinking that Cruz (my pick) or Carson needs to be the nominee. miles

What?????

Kasich is, was horrible! What a lousy candidate. He is NOT a conservative!
Cruz did great last night! As expected!
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by efw

We don't need compromise, that's just guarantees you loose slowly. We need someone like Cruz that's willing to stand steadfast on the Constitution, especially now that we've lost one of the best, if not the best SCJs we've ever had....

Exactly! You are so right!
Kasich is a non factor he certainly won nothing other than showing he's not a conservative.
I am even more convinced after last nights debate Trump is bad news and a poison pill.
Nothing from last night will reverse Trump's upcoming primary victory in SC.
Trump got rattled and showed his true self last night.

It wasn't comforting.
Rubio won the debate hands down.

Cruz was second.

Trump had his "Rubio" week last night.

Carson was terrible, just terrible.

Kasich was OK but still a VP guy to me.
Likely not as the angry are still thinking with their hearts and not their heads

Bob are you more,less or equally in Trumps camp after last nights debate as opposed to prior to the debate?
Also taking into consideration Scalia's death
Originally Posted by luv2safari
lolol

My friend, Twimp loves the "system". A little grease here and a little green there, and Twimp buys himself a politician he needs "move things along". He's as crooked as a dog's hind leg. He should fit right in with "the system".

Yeah bud, I hear you and I know he's a slime.

But there's just something really satisfying about seeing the pimple faced GOP leadership bust that purple vein on their forehead with trump tearing down their little world.

It's my way, and I suspect it's the same for others, of telling the GOP to GFY for the song and dance routine they've played on us for the past couple of decades.

Three SCOTUS nominations (assuming the Senate holds against Hussein) in 4 years. That's what is on the line.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Three SCOTUS nominations (assuming the Senate holds against Hussein) in 4 years. That's what is on the line.

I would rather have Cruz making those appointments. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand Trump but will vote Republican no matter who the nominee is.
Trump's performance last night was anything but presidential, talking over the other candidates, calling names and personal attacks. He needs to stop making faces when he doesn't agree with what other candidates are saying. Cruz and Rubio seemed to do well and their numbers should reflect that. Kasich and Carson should be the next to drop out of the race, Bush too but he won't. The only ones not calling the others liars were Kasich and Carson, and the bickering about legislation that never passed seemed really pointless too.
I can see Trump's candle slowly burning out.It is good that he woke a lot of people up and maybe will improve turn out,
But I just don't see him leading our country.
ymmv
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
Trump peed down his leg, not his best night. Especially right before SC. The only two on that stage I'd hate to vote for are Bush and Kasich, but Trump really did himself no favors tonight.
I watched the whole thing and didn't see that at all. He was his usual self, which is apparently what the base likes. I liked his foreign policy statements very much.

GWB was no conservative. Not by a long shot. Attacking GWB's neo-conservatism will pick up real conservative votes for Trump.
Originally Posted by Shag
Last thing this country needs is another career politician. JMO... Good old boy clubs are why this country is in a politically correct "blacklives matter" state of being. Makes me want to puke..
This.
What if Trump, who historically has been a liberal, was prompted to run for President as a Conservative by the Democratic Party? He changes his position, garners support, speaks for all the "angry" voters out there...then starts a political implosion as we get closer to election day bringing down the entire conservative side of the voting ballot in the process. Just a thought.
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeHunter
Originally Posted by 4ager

I would rather have Cruz making those appointments. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand Trump but will vote Republican no matter who the nominee is.
If Cruz is the nominee, and wins office, it won't be he who picks Supreme Court Justices. The names of those who will are such as Blankfein and Adelson.
Trump is no dummy and obviously has moved on to the general election. Beating up on a Bush goes a longggg way in a general election and his attacks were premeditated.

I'm not a Trump fan but will agree his poll numbers won't likely move. What has yet to be seen though is did he minimize himself by his behavior on stage. I don't think the most ardent supporters would say his behavior was Presidential last night and the question that will be answered in time is did he attract new support or minimize what he currently has?

I'm not a Trump fan but will agree his poll numbers won't likely move. What has yet to be seen though is did he minimize himself by his behavior on stage. I don't think the most ardent supporters would say his behavior was Presidential last night and the question that will be answered in time is did he attract new support or minimize what he currently has?
We can all see he's a jerk. What he's not, however, is owned. At this point in US history, that's what the Republican base is insisting on. You can blame the Republican establishment for that development.

I'm not thrilled with what is defined as "Presidential". It is a manner that has certainly not worked as far as getting elected. I want, and feel we need, a warrior. The Democrats certainly get warriors. It has been a long time since Republicans have fought hard for anything. I get the feeling they are working at appealing to the media and democrats, instead of the unwashed masses that elect them. I am willing to accept some warts on a warrior.
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by efw
Maybe what he is saying, but his voice and tone are like mister Rogers.

Yeah but I loved Ron Paul; I'll take substance over presentation any day of the week while recognizing that doesn't necessarily win elections.
Originally Posted by Mink
What if Trump, who historically has been a liberal, was prompted to run for President as a Conservative by the Democratic Party? He changes his position, garners support, speaks for all the "angry" voters out there...then starts a political implosion as we get closer to election day bringing down the entire conservative side of the voting ballot in the process. Just a thought.

^^^^^
This, with Hillary coasting below the radar during the primaries, has been the Clinton's plan for Trump all along. He is running to cause chaos, maximally disrupting the Republican nomination process - damaging all Republican candidates in the process to make them unelectable in the general election. Clearing the path for Hillary to win as POTUS despite her criminality has been the plan from the beginning. This is right up Bill's & Hill's & their minions' diabolical politics of personal destruction.

Time to wake up and select one of the non-Dem Republicans who can win and can appoint SCOUS justices who will uphold the Constitution. That description doesn't fit Trump. His run for the nomination is nothing but a Clinton dirty trick to suppress the conservative vote.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
We can all see he's a jerk. What he's not, however, is owned. At this point in US history, that's what the Republican base is insisting on. You can blame the Republican establishment for that development.

Yep!

That establishment attitude was exemplified in Bush who said we ought to install a new government in Syria AND go after ISIS there.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over while expecting different results.
I like it Trump has the balls to speak the truth, but nobody likes the truth.
One thing to watch for during the debate!

Are the polititions lying. The best indicator is when there lips are moving.

I like Trump because he's not a politition.

Shod

If my theory is correct about people willing to wreck America even more to get even, you are correct. The pendulum swings proportiona A psychotic savant to replace Obama isn't the answer. Conservatism is.
Think with your head not your heart to get the desired results
Trump is the kid busting up their own room cause they are pissed it feels good while doing and pisses of their parents but then you have live in a busted up room
To quote myself, "He's (Trump) both exciting and terrifying."

Neighbor.. when I read that on the other thread, I gave you a pass. But.... now you've doubled down, so....

How is THAT different than getting a "tingle up your leg"?
Originally Posted by MadDog4298

And that makes alot of people very uncomfortable.
The GOP needs to have a stake driven through its heart.
Trump is the guy for the job.
dave

If my theory is correct about people willing to wreck America even more to get even, you are correct. The pendulum swings proportiona A psychotic savant to replace Obama isn't the answer. Conservatism is.

What,the GOP brand of Conservatism?
20 tillion in debt.Endless war.Buddie up with ragheads and commies.
No thanks.

dave
Originally Posted by benchman
I get the feeling they are working at appealing to the media and democrats, instead of the unwashed masses that elect them.
They seek to please the donor class ... the very same donor class that runs the Democrats.
Originally Posted by efw

Yep!

That establishment attitude was exemplified in Bush who said we ought to install a new government in Syria AND go after ISIS there.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over while expecting different results.
Exactly.

The "conservatism" offered up by the establishment is a mere mirage. You will never get conservative government till the establishment is first dethroned. It is this latter objective that explains the Trump support from the Republican base ... at least from that portion of the base that gets it, which fortunately appears to be a growing portion ... perhaps now even a majority of it. We can only hope.
Originally Posted by MadDog4298

And that makes alot of people very uncomfortable.
The GOP needs to have a stake driven through its heart.
Trump is the guy for the job.
dave

Is your union, and therefore your union money, backing Trump this time - or is it still going to back the D?
Rubio calls Cruz a liar on immigration?
Who is the real liar? Ask Senator Sessions....

Originally Posted by krp
1.8 GNP average for the last 15 years, Bush left with 10 trillion debt accumulated by all other presidents and Obama will leave with 20 trillion plus over doubling that in his terms. Bush started with a 54% debt/GNP ratio, left with a 67%, Obama has taken us over 100%.
We might have a couple breaths of life left, maybe.
Politics as usual will not solve this.
Private sector vs public sector... Pragmatic vs idealistic.
Only public sector would think they offer more individual freedom than private sector. 'Officiating freedom'... oxymoron.
Trump is worth 4 billion. Which means as a production businessman he has created 40 billion in the economy with the structural build and billions more with the continuation of services rendered. 75 to 100 billion total. Not bad for what he started with. He has created more than Bloomberg who takes money out through wallstreet. He's a builder not just in the physical sense.
There are billions in investment money that spurs development being sat on or moved out of country since the economy collapse of 2007. It's been trickling back in despite Obama as economies start finding cracks to work in. Trump doesn't have to enact or do anything but win for that money to flood back in. The smell of profit will bring it.
Trump will force both Mexico and China to the negotiating table, they will be forced into concessions by threat of tariffs.
Congress will follow Trump. He is a billionaire that's given them money before and after he'll still be a billionaire giving money to those that helped him. Public sector is in it for the long haul.
He will start reversing the debt, spur business and profit, reverse illegal immigration, rebuild the military and national defense.
His SC picks will have to support the same policies plus staunch capitalism. Doesn't leave much room for socialism nominees.
I know public sector folks can't figure why the rest of us are unhappy with being officiated by professional politicians... we should all just shut up and stay in line.
Kent

Since they passed NAFTA 20 years ago 60000 manufacturing plants have closed nation wide.NAFTA alone cost us 900000 manufacturing jobs.
CAFTA with the chi-coms an an order of magnitude worse.
No natural disaster or foreign invasion could cause this much damage to our economy.Owned politicians from both sides did.
Now republicans are pushing TPP.
Any trade bill negotiated by kun-ton and backed to the hilt by republicans.Supported by the raghead.Is bound to be a disaster.
And people wonder why we are broke.
Just how am I supposed to support any political party dead set on economic suicide?
I want a government that fights for every job.Every American job.
The only one I see running for president, even talking about it, is Trump.

dave
Originally Posted by rong
I can see Trump's candle slowly burning out.It is good that he woke a lot of people up and maybe will improve turn out,
ymmv

Trump's candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night.
But O his foes and O his friends
It gives a lovely light...
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
ymmv

--------

TF. Get back to me next Sunday with your thoughts.
Thursday

Trump has dropped over 6 points in the February RCP national average. From 35.8 to 29.5.

Trump hasn't been below 30 percent since before Christmas.
I haven't read any responses yet & I tried to keep an open mind while watching...my take was that Trump started out strong, but quickly lost his composure & then started deflecting the actual questions asked by bragging about what he has spent during the campaign as opposed to the other candidates...he did this several times... He continually interrupted & insulted everybody else. If he could actually stay on topic & refrain from the childish bully tactics, he would GAIN support instead of slowly bleeding it away. The seemingly constant attacks on Bush really puzzled me...I didn't get it...and speaking of Bush, he did the same thing that he's always done...hesitating while talking, like he was searching for the next word to say...borderline stuttering doesn't do well on the political stage it comes off as a weakness in being less than confident in your convictions...him & Trump made it really hard to keep watching. Carson was articulate as usual & his responses reeked of thoughtful contemplation instead of a canned memorized reply. He's clearly the smartest & most reflective thinker of the two "outsiders"...probably the entire lineup of candidates & in my book, he rose a few notches. Kasich did well but he'll probably only hold steady...maybe a "little" bump, but I doubt it.

The two I think will gain the most are Cruz & Rubio. I think they both did exceedingly well with Cruz coming out the winner between the two. One thing I don't understand about Rubio is why he hasn't manned up & accepted the "gang of eight" debacle & apologized to the American voters for the mistake he made while trying to fix the "broken" immigration system...if he were to humble himself & admit his error in judgement, he might be able to gain a little more momentum...
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
ymmv

--------

TF. Get back to me next Sunday with your "thoughts".

Fixed it for ya.

Friggin Palinite making predictions; funny stuff.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I haven't read any responses yet & I tried to keep an open mind while watching...my take was that Trump started out strong, but quickly lost his composure & then started deflecting the actual questions asked by bragging about what he has spent during the campaign as opposed to the other candidates...he did this several times... He continually interrupted & insulted everybody else. If he could actually stay on topic & refrain from the childish bully tactics, he would GAIN support instead of slowly bleeding it away. The seemingly constant attacks on Bush really puzzled me...I didn't get it...and speaking of Bush, he did the same thing that he's always done...hesitating while talking, like he was searching for the next word to say...borderline stuttering doesn't do well on the political stage it comes off as a weakness in being less than confident in your convictions...him & Trump made it really hard to keep watching. Carson was articulate as usual & his responses reeked of thoughtful contemplation instead of a canned memorized reply. He's clearly the smartest & most reflective thinker of the two "outsiders"...probably the entire lineup of candidates & in my book, he rose a few notches. Kasich did well but he'll probably only hold steady...maybe a "little" bump, but I doubt it.

The two I think will gain the most are Cruz & Rubio. I think they both did exceedingly well with Cruz coming out the winner between the two. One thing I don't understand about Rubio is why he hasn't manned up & accepted the "gang of eight" debacle & apologized to the American voters for the mistake he made while trying to fix the "broken" immigration system...if he were to humble himself & admit his error in judgement, he might be able to gain a little more momentum...

Good post and I believe you are seeing things as many others do.

The "conservatism" offered up by the establishment is a mere mirage. You will never get conservative government till the establishment is first dethroned. It is this latter objective that explains the Trump support from the Republican base ... at least from that portion of the base that gets it, which fortunately appears to be a growing portion ... perhaps now even a majority of it. We can only hope.

You could have just used a "+1".
You know birds of a feather...
What I saw was that everyone on stage did what they needed to do. How that plays out in moving the support numbers remains to be seen, but no candidate fell on his face.

The downside for the top contenders is that it was a bloodbath. Republicans overall didn't look very good and the moderators looked neutered and not in control.

Trump taking on GW about Iraq, 9-11, and the 2007 financial crisis was very interesting. Bold move that is firmly anti-republican establishment which is his strength already. It also shows how far outside of the box he is and by default leaves the other candidates supporting the debacle that the Iraq war was. Trump had the strength to point out the failure, and the others didn't show in any meaningful way that they would avoid making a tremendous mistake like that again, or show that it was a waste of time, money, and American life.

That will resonate with Gen X voters. Trump showed once again that he won't bow to Republican group think, and that he is his own man. Strong move, whether it was a winning move remains to be seen.

Trump has carved out his base. It's every republican that is fed up with the system as it is, and Generation X, who lives on Twitter/social media where his presence is killing every other candidate, it's not even close. He's got the younger vote, and neither of those groups that are supporting him are going anywhere. The other candidates are going to have to take support from the other "middle of the pack" candidates, and the longer this drags out, the lower the chances are that anyone will be able to do it.

Trump could lose a 2 man race, but walks away with it in a 4-6 man race.

You could have just used a "+1".
Should I take your response to mean that you equate the dethronement of the establishment with the wrecking of America? I see it as quite the opposite.
Should I take your response to mean that you equate the dethronement of the establishment with the wrecking of America? I see it as quite the opposite.

If you think Trump is "dethroning" the establishment, you're dumber than a box of rusty hammers...unless of course you're referring to a democrat masquerading as a republican & getting the nomination...if THAT'S what you mean, then I totally agree!!! If you watched the democratic debate the other night, you'd have noticed that there is very little difference between Trump & Sanders...other than temperment and taxes...
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
....... If you watched the democratic debate the other night, you'd have noticed that there is very little difference between Trump & Sanders...other than temperment and taxes...

Hard to take you seriously when you keep saying stuff like this.
Rubio's attack on Cruz is REALLY getting old old old. This FKNG kid needs to wake up.
JBush is boring boring boring..go away already!
Kasich should have followed in his fathers footsteps and been a letter carrier.
sTrump is really obnoxious.
Cruz was confident and mannered and got few questions that had any meat on them...
The moderators were there...as usual...grinding their axes.

My take away from these so called "debates" is that sTrump and the drive by media REALLY fear Ted Cruz..
Cruz needs some Grey or medium Blue suits..dark suits don't compliment his appearance..might work for arguing a case before the Supreme Court..but on the debates it makes him "look" dour.
sTrump probably has a closet full of "leisure" suits and Nehru jackets and turtle neck sweaters in which he would be more comfortable.
© 24hourcampfire