Home
Sooo, about 2 weeks ago he says dad is it ok to like a girl that's half black? Is it against what the Bible teaches? So it is about a 20 minute drive to town and I tell him, we'll it's like this, Moses was married to an eithiopian. So I have no religious problems with it BUT you need to think about cultural problems. It also says in the old testament to only marry your own kind, again with the BUT, If you read the next verse it says because you will bow down and worship their gods. So to me the problem wasn't marrying someone that's not the same as you, the problem is marring someone who has a different god than your God. I asked him if he liked the way n i g g e r s act? He said not really. I say well if you date this girl you may have to deal with some of her family members who act like [bleep]. He knew what I was talking about cause in my home we call respectable black people black folks but thugs are refused to as [bleep] by everyone. But I also told him don't make your mind up until you meet her family. I also told him if she looks like a milk chocolate white girl with a black girls butt go for it. He laughed and said why do you think I like her dumbass, lol, he is my boy... I told him if my grandkids had kinky hair I would take him out of my will and give all my guns to his brother, lol.

Turns out she is the jealous type and he cut her loose. Today he is going to church with a girl who's last name is Sang. I say what! Is she asian? he says I think she is half white and half Phillipine. I like the Asian girls myself. Mmmmmmmm, I do... I told him I was more concerned about the azzhat preacher (I know him personally) at the church they are going to more than her pedigree. He showed me a picture, she's a beauty.

I don't really give a flip as long as she believes the same as us, faith is a funny thing, it can make people closer than close or as far apart as east from west. My kids believe because I left it up to them to believe what they wanted. I took them to church when they were younger but we quit about 5 years ago. I never pushed them to believe like me, if they had a question I would show them in the word and tell them, you tell me, what do you think this means. It's funny how when you let someone come to their own conclusions how all the traditional bull$hit falls by the wayside. You know, by God my daddy shot pheasants with low brass #8s and that's the best pheasant load there is, that kind of crap except on a religious level. I didn't want to give a religious example cause there would be 1000 replys telling me how I was wrong or right or half right about whatever example I gave. Those threads suck.
"I don't really give a flip"

Nicely played. grin
Hell, my wife is a semi-atheist, semi-liberal white woman.

I keep converting her dumbass in the right direction...grin

Other than we are both blue eyed, blond haired honkies, we are fairly opposite in all regards. For whatever reason we get along great.

My brother married a 100% Chinese girl that comes from an extremely hardworking family. I haven't met them yet but they are a prime example of successful, immigrants.
Your brother got it right. I like my women like I like my food, with rice and noodles! Mmmmmmmm asian. I shoulda gone that route my wife and I are also blonde haired eyed honkies and we hate each other. Laff'n.

You must be farming yourl @$$ off I haven't seen you on in a while Sam.
I once asked my son if his girl friend was a big nagger. He said no, she's a little white woman.
Judge asked my friend if the reason he wanted a divorce was because his wife was a nagger.

He said, "No, but the baby she just had is."
Originally Posted by seal_billy
...is it ok to like a girl that's half black?...

Any color should be OK--it's all pink inside. smile
Just don't tell the piccolo player joke to the preacher!!!
So to me the problem wasn't marrying someone that's not the same as you, the problem is marring someone who has a different god than your God.
You're totally right. The Bible says nothing about race but it says a lot about being unequally yoked - meaning to not marry outside of your beliefs. It's in both the Old and New Testaments. In the OT, we see Israel being brought to grief because they didn't listen to God on this.
Originally Posted by pal

But it don't all smell the same...
How do you know?
Ehh, a friend told me..
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by pal

But it don't all smell the same...

But that holds true even if it's all the same color.
I swear I've seen more families torn apart by religion than I have drugs. Crazy sheit to me.

The way I figure it is so long as there is love and they are good to each other, who gives a tinker's damn about color or religion.

Repent you lier. Grin
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I swear I've seen more families torn apart by religion than I have drugs. Crazy sheit to me.

The way I figure it is so long as there is love and they are good to each other, who gives a tinker's damn about color or religion.

I agree to a degree. Love is the greatest thing since creation. But raising kids in a house that is divided spirituality is a tough job. I have seen it with friends.
Steelhead; words of wisdom were typed there.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I agree to a degree. Love is the greatest thing since creation. But raising kids in a house that is divided spirituality is a tough job. I have seen it with friends.

I put family above all else, old men in the clouds included.
My old man always told me it's ok to practice on them just don't bring one home. smile he thinks he's funny.

It's getting to the point that same race relationships are becoming less of an option.. I'd say go for it.
seal billy, your post and this thread remind me of a person.

When in HS in the early 50s about half of our class was black (colored people at that time) and a number were my friends, including some very sharp gals. Time was consumed by sports and music, I rarely went on a date and never had a "girlfriend" as such, and am fairly certain that my folks were not concerned about any dating with a colored girl.

But, as a sophomore and junior, there was one girl in our class with whom I was somewhat fascinated. She was very bright, a very good student and athlete, possessed of lovely bearing and manners and fabulously pretty. Hair slightly reddish brown, skin a golden tone with a few freckles across her cheeks, eyes blue and her facial features slightly negroid. To me, this girl was stunning in appearance, and very classy.

But she had almost no friends - after a while I was one of the few students who would wave in the hall and sit to talk with her. The black students referred to her as "hi yella" and seemed to have nothing to do with her. The cliques of the white kids - a mix of numerous European ethnicities - passed her by. This young lady seemed to have no racial/ethnic identity - and no supporting circle.

When she did not show up for our senior year I missed her and was told she had gone elsewhere to finish school. When I asked my black friends about her and their "hi yella" appellation their explanation was not as erudite and complete as found later in some dictionaries. They just saw her as looking and acting above them due to her light skin, eyes and features - and shut her out. For our own reasons, I guess the rest of us did too.

Have often wondered where she went, what she did and how life became for her.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Just don't tell the piccolo player joke to the preacher!!!

Who said that M#*(*(er could play the piccolo. laugh
Might as well pizz in the wind
Originally Posted by CCCC
seal billy, your post and this thread remind me of a person.

When in HS in the early 50s about half of our class was black (colored people at that time) and a number were my friends, including some very sharp gals. Time was consumed by sports and music, I rarely went on a date and never had a "girlfriend" as such, and am fairly certain that my folks were not concerned about any dating with a colored girl.

But, as a sophomore and junior, there was one girl in our class with whom I was somewhat fascinated. She was very bright, a very good student and athlete, possessed of lovely bearing and manners and fabulously pretty. Hair slightly reddish brown, skin a golden tone with a few freckles across her cheeks, eyes blue and her facial features slightly negroid. To me, this girl was stunning in appearance, and very classy.

But she had almost no friends - after a while I was one of the few students who would wave in the hall and sit to talk with her. The black students referred to her as "hi yella" and seemed to have nothing to do with her. The cliques of the white kids - a mix of numerous European ethnicities - passed her by. This young lady seemed to have no racial/ethnic identity - and no supporting circle.

When she did not show up for our senior year I missed her and was told she had gone elsewhere to finish school. When I asked my black friends about her and their "hi yella" appellation their explanation was not as erudite and complete as found later in some dictionaries. They just saw her as looking and acting above them due to her light skin, eyes and features - and shut her out. For our own reasons, I guess the rest of us did too.

Have often wondered where she went, what she did and how life became for her.

I used to work with a girl here who was very proud of being "high yella", used to brag about how her daddy had red hair and blue eyes. She came into my office one day and was very agitated about a friend who was trying to set her up with a guy. I asked what was wrong with him and she had a picture of the guy she showed me. Looked like a regular black guy to me although maybe a little darker than average. She says "Can you believe my friend thought I'd go out with him"? I asked what was wrong and she said "Look at them big lips and that big flat nose and so on". I was astounded as that was the first time I had ever encountered the racial stratification within black culture.
Sooo, about 2 weeks ago he says dad is it ok to like a girl that's half black? Is it against what the Bible teaches? So it is about a 20 minute drive to town and I tell him, we'll it's like this, Moses was married to an eithiopian. So I have no religious problems with it BUT you need to think about cultural problems. It also says in the old testament to only marry your own kind, again with the BUT, If you read the next verse it says because you will bow down and worship their gods. So to me the problem wasn't marrying someone that's not the same as you, the problem is marring someone who has a different god than your God. I asked him if he liked the way n i g g e r s act? He said not really. I say well if you date this girl you may have to deal with some of her family members who act like [bleep]. He knew what I was talking about cause in my home we call respectable black people black folks but thugs are refused to as [bleep] by everyone. But I also told him don't make your mind up until you meet her family. I also told him if she looks like a milk chocolate white girl with a black girls butt go for it. He laughed and said why do you think I like her dumbass, lol, he is my boy... I told him if my grandkids had kinky hair I would take him out of my will and give all my guns to his brother, lol.

Turns out she is the jealous type and he cut her loose. Today he is going to church with a girl who's last name is Sang. I say what! Is she asian? he says I think she is half white and half Phillipine. I like the Asian girls myself. Mmmmmmmm, I do... I told him I was more concerned about the azzhat preacher (I know him personally) at the church they are going to more than her pedigree. He showed me a picture, she's a beauty.

I don't really give a flip as long as she believes the same as us, faith is a funny thing, it can make people closer than close or as far apart as east from west. My kids believe because I left it up to them to believe what they wanted. I took them to church when they were younger but we quit about 5 years ago. I never pushed them to believe like me, if they had a question I would show them in the word and tell them, you tell me, what do you think this means. It's funny how when you let someone come to their own conclusions how all the traditional bull$hit falls by the wayside. You know, by God my daddy shot pheasants with low brass #8s and that's the best pheasant load there is, that kind of crap except on a religious level. I didn't want to give a religious example cause there would be 1000 replys telling me how I was wrong or right or half right about whatever example I gave. Those threads suck.

seal_billy,

I am a white male and I married one of those ethnic girls. My wife is from Thailand and raised a Buddhist. We met on the job and I thought at first sight we were worlds apart. Come to find out if you peel away all the religion, color, language, customs, they are exactly the same as those of us who grew up here. They want love, financial stability, family, a nice home, etc. Many of the things which separate us are created by man not God. Don't worry, if this is the lady God has intended for him it will work out. If it isn't it won't. It has taken me a long time in life to realize we have absolutely no control over another person. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
No biggie.

The strengths and weaknesses in the relationship, and friendships, will just show sooner.
I have dated AA women and PR women, people are people..
At least you aren't Muslim, if he chose the wrong bride you might have to kill him to preserve your families honor.

"Religion poisons everything. As well as a menace to civilization, it has become a threat to human survival."
- Christopher Hitchens

Well, good people are good people and $hity people are $hity people.
It can work out if they want it too. I married me an injun 45 yrs ago. She ain't scalped me yet..
I don't really give a flip as long as she believes the same as us, faith is a funny thing, it can make people closer than close or as far apart as east from west.

When the wife and I got married I had never been to church a day in my life. Why she choose me I don't know, Dashing good looks.....hung like a horse.....Who knows but she brought me to GOD I do know that.

All I know is that for GOD to stick her with me , she must have been a really bad kid! grin

Well, if you believe the Bible...

Noah had 1 wife and 3 sons.
His 3 sons each had 1 wife.

So, we have 5 bloodlines.
Go ahead, count them.

Black.
Yellow.
Brown.
White.
Red.

The human race.
In no particular order.

Human.

The only thing to avoid is the descendents of Ishmael.

They're easy to spot.
Watch for prayer rugs, women dressed in trash bags, dynamite vests, and prolapsed billy goats.

Not my intent to offend you but your initial post is hypocritical as hell. First off, I would be asking myself why you would even mention anything about n I g g e r s in the first place? What was the basis of that? Just because the gal is half black as you pointed out? If it's a moot point then why even say what you did? Unless you may not be standing on as high of moral ground as what you would like to think that you are.
Do you think that living and acting like a [bleep] is a monopoly held by black folks? I've known white folks that were as much [bleep] as any black out there.
Maybe we just have a different understand of what a [bleep] actually is.

But hey, Throw a bit more of bible talk into the mix and I may have to rethink my opinion.....

Like I said, no offence intended...

Ishmael is what you get when you try to give God a helping hand. It bites generations of people in the @$$.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Other than we are both blue eyed, blond haired honkies, we are fairly opposite in all regards. For whatever reason we get along great.

My brother married a 100% Chinese girl that comes from an extremely hardworking family. I haven't met them yet but they are a prime example of successful, immigrants.

I must have married her sister Sam and no better bride could I imagine.
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Go ahead, count them.

Black.
Yellow.
Brown.
White.
Red.

The human race.
In no particular order.

Human.

They're easy to spot.
Watch for prayer rugs, women dressed in trash bags, dynamite vests, and prolapsed billy goats.

I got a quick question...in this scenario, were Noah's grandson's meant to f##K their sisters, cousins, mothers, aunts, or their grandmother???
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Go ahead, count them.

Black.
Yellow.
Brown.
White.
Red.

The human race.
In no particular order.

Human.

They're easy to spot.

I got a quick question...in this scenario, were Noah's grandson's meant to f##K their sisters, cousins, mothers, aunts, or their grandmother???

If you look for reason in a fairy tail, the whole thing starts to fall apart.
I wish there was a more offensive word for sorry white people. I use the N word for a sorry black person. White trash is sorry white people. As far as the n word goes it is pretty self explanatory that it is a word used for a worthless black person. I was taught by the culture I grew up in that. I don't think all black people are [bleep] but all [bleep] are black, just like all white trash is white people but not all white people are white trash.

No offence taken. My son knows the difference between them as most people do. I don't consider a worthless white person a [bleep]. Our president however is one. Racist people call all black people that, I only call worthless black people that. Pretty simple.

Ps I only brought up [bleep] because of statistical probability. Don't believe that? Look at demographics and crime. Stereotypes don't come out of thin air my friend.
Originally Posted by RWE
Judge asked my friend if the reason he wanted a divorce was because his wife was a nagger.

He said, "No, but the baby she just had is."

I know that first 3 paragraphs of that joke, plus the punch line you just posted. crazy
I don't consider a worthless white person a [bleep].

That is exactly what I call them. White n i g g e r s!

MontanaMarine,

Creationists predict what is in science. Evolutionists try to explain it after the fact. Here is a little fun scientific DNA fact. There are three mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) versions; M,N, or R. This mtDNA is only past from the mom. Another interesting scientific fact is men get half their DNA from their mom and the other half from their dad.

This corresponds with the three daughters-in-law of Noah. Wow! His grandchildren were to marry either a sister or a cousin. In all of history there is no injunction against marrying sisters or cousins until about 3,500 years ago when Moses, another Bible figure, received a law from God telling them they were no longer allowed to marry close relatives. Here's some more information about mtDNA. I will copy the source material for those who might want to verify the info from the evolutionist author.

"Regardless of the cause, evolutionists are most concerned about the effect of a faster mutation rate. For example, researchers have calculated that 'mitochondrial Eve'--the woman whose mtDNA was ancestral to that in ALL living people--lived 100,000 - 200,000 years ago in Africa. Using the new clock, she would be a mere 6,000 years old."
Gibbons, A. 1998. Calibrating the Mitochondrial Clock. Science. 279 ((5347): 28-29.

I emboldened the pertinent part for my pleasure.
Different strokes I reckon man. You ask my son what a [bleep] is and the first thing he will tell you, is it ain't go schitt to do with the color of somebodies skin. And my family has been using that word for as long as I can remember.

I can drive down any road and tell you where the [bleep] live, and I don't have to see the color of em to know it.
Originally Posted by Ringman
MontanaMarine,

Creationists predict what is in science. Evolutionists try to explain it after the fact. Here is a little fun scientific DNA fact. There are three mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) versions; M,N, or R. This mtDNA is only past from the mom. Another interesting scientific fact is men get half their DNA from their mom and the other half from their dad.

This corresponds with the three daughters-in-law of Noah. Wow! His grandchildren were to marry either a sister or a cousin. In all of history there is no injunction against marrying sisters or cousins until about 3,500 years ago when Moses, another Bible figure, received a law from God telling them they were no longer allowed to marry close relatives. Here's some more information about mtDNA. I will copy the source material for those who might want to verify the info from the evolutionist author.

"Regardless of the cause, evolutionists are most concerned about the effect of a faster mutation rate. For example, researchers have calculated that 'mitochondrial Eve'--the woman whose mtDNA was ancestral to that in ALL living people--lived 100,000 - 200,000 years ago in Africa. Using the new clock, she would be a mere 6,000 years old."
Gibbons, A. 1998. Calibrating the Mitochondrial Clock. Science. 279 ((5347): 28-29.

What the heck does DNA have to do with it? Why would you even mention that witchcraft? Science bad, religion good. Unless of course science helps further your 'cause'.
Steelhead,

What the heck does DNA have to do with it? Why would you even mention that witchcraft?

Your ignorance of both science and witchcraft shows in this post. If you read the post by MontanaMarine you would know what the DNA has to do with the post.
Steelhead,

What the heck does DNA have to do with it? Why would you even mention that witchcraft?

Your ignorance of both science and witchcraft shows in this post. If you read the post by MontanaMarine you would know what the DNA has to do with the post.

Funny on SO many levels.

A quick answer for your quick question.

If offered that or your grandpas dad brother uncle nephews or grandsons, which would you choose?

grin

You see, Wyoming is proof of evolution.
And the reason shepherds are so highly spoken of in the Bible.

Take that!
laugh

As long as it ain't no Catlick..........
BTW I married a girl frum fout wurth, see how opened minded I is.
laugh
I married a girl from crack whore hollow. It was more of a gamble than open mindedness.
I'm going to tell you what my old man told me...

All cats are gray in the dark.
I married a girl from crack whore hollow. It was more of a gamble than open mindedness.

I married a girl from Crack Whore Hill, Mississippi and that didn't turn out so well.

As far as the son dating a black girl here's my opinion presented in the least offensive way I know how. If she's a product of the south I'd say no, it'll be too difficult a situation. Black culture in most of the U.S. is very distinct. I say most of the U.S. because I'll caveat it with parts of California and the west coast. It's distinct from anywhere else in the world and it's not a culture I hold in high esteem for many of the reasons that are reiterated too often on this forum. Now if this girl was from say, Britain or Europe, I'd say go for it. Every one I've met from Britain has been the same as every other Brit, just with darker skin. That's not true in most of the U.S., their "blackness" forms the basis of their identity and it's how they see the world from the moment they wake up until they go to sleep at night, it's just the way they were raised and the culture they come from. I've come across many in California, Oregon, and Washington that are like those from Britain. They're people first and the black part is just a footnote, not so with blacks from most of the rest of the U.S.

As far as asians, most are really good people and the women tend to make great wives. They're family oriented and take care of their men. A forester that does work for me has a filipino wife he met off of a dating site and they're very happy. She takes good care of him.
Originally Posted by EdM

Ed, we are both lucky!

Funny how things work out.

MontanaMarine,

Your above quote is very deceptive:

The claim is founded primarily on the work of Parsons et al. (1997), who found that the substitution rate was about 25 times higher in the mitochondria control region, which is less than 7% of the mitochondrial genome (mtDNA). Revised studies of all of the mtDNA find that the control region varies greatly in substitution rates in different populations, but that the rest of the mtDNA shows no such variation (Ingman et al. 2000). Using mtDNA excluding the control region, they placed the age of the most recent common mitochondrial ancestor at 171,500 +/- 50,000 years ago.

Gibbons (1998) refers to mutations that cause heteroplasmy (inheritance of two or more mtDNA sequences). This does not apply to mitochondrial Eve research, which is based only on substitution mutation rates.

A study similar to the mtEve research was done on a region of the X chromosome which does not recombine with the smaller Y chromosome; it placed the most recent common ancestor 535,000 +/- 119,000 years ago (Kaessmann et al. 1999). Since the population size of X chromosomes is effectively three times larger than mitochondria (two X chromosomes from women and one from men can get inherited), the most recent common ancestor should be about three times older than that of the Mitochondrial Eve, and it is.

The attempts to try and tie Gibbon's research to Mitochondrial Eve comes from a creationist journal, not an actual scientific journal as implies above.
antelope_sniper,

Like I posted. Creationists make predictions and evolutionist try to explain it. The longer this DNA science is studies the closer they get to 6,000 years for both Eve and Adam. Remember Drs. Watson and Crick, with zero evidence, tried to convince those who would listen that spacemen brought DNA to earth. Anything to get out of accepting the fact we are created.
seal -
Good story and UR approach.

Think about this.....

All girls are ethnic....aren't they?

White is an Ethnic.....No?
I'll say it again. The world's only been round for 6000 years, before that it was flat...
I am not prejudiced toward 'colorS'

I'm prejudiced against attitudes, ignorance, & some cultures.

I couldn't stand a woman who didn't call me out on occasion.

If I can't explain wtf I'm doing.....I need to either stop drinking or start paying more attention.
My son is 29.
He does software like his mother, not hardware like me.
He has hair down to his butt.
He dresses like a bum.
He voted for Obama.
He does not own a gun.
He does not believe in God, says he believes in science.

But the second grand kid is due in a month.
All is forgiven, if you produce grandkids.

[Linked Image]

My granddaughter at 17 months can unscrew my flashlight, take out the battery, put the battery back in, and get the fine threads started and screw it together.

Plenty of time to straighten out the son. Just produce grandkids.
An 86-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up...
The doctor asked the man how he was feeling, and the 86-year-old said, "Things are great, and I've never felt better! I now have a 20-year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you think about that, doc?"
The doctor considered the question for a minute, and then began to tell a story.
"I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day he was setting off to go hunting. In a bit of a hurry, he accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun."
"As he neared a lake, he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he left his gun at home, and so, he couldn't shoot the magnificent creature. Out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it was his favorite hunting rifle, and yelled 'bang bang'. Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell dead."
"Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor.
The 86-year-old replied, "Logic would strongly suggest that somebody else pumped a few rounds into that beaver."
The doctor replied, "My point exactly.
Originally Posted by EdM

OK guys, I must have a cousin then. Not Blond and blue eyed. Brunette and dark eyed, mix of Irish and a Mexican grandfather.

Still fairly liberal, but in the 20 years or so since we started "dating" and then getting married, she's no longer sure "life sentences" are such a good thing for certain crimes. Perhaps a quicker end to the criminal would be a better form of justice... for all concerned.

And she's kinda sure now that there's "something bigger than us" out there and science can only explain some things and others have no "rational" explanation.

She understands certain firearms for hunting purposes, but she doesn't understand my "rifle loony ism".

I'm glad you guys are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Geno
© 24hourcampfire