Home
Camping season is approaching in the Colorado mountains. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of my camping rig, a Rockwood HW316 Toy Hauler pulled by a Chevrolet Duramax 2500 HD. The trailer holds our two ATVs on the front rack. We normally spend a month or more in the wilderness every year! We rarely camp in campgrounds, preferring the National Forest.

[URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/TAGLARRY/media/Camping/image.jpg7_zpsfcgjgttw.jpg.html]Camping[/url]

[URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/TAGLARRY/media/Camping/image_zps6nqz93lm.jpeg.html]Camping [/url]

[URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/TAGLARRY/media/Camping/image_zpsw5rx7fgs.jpeg.html]Camping[/url]

Turkey hunting...

[Linked Image]

Elk hunting...

[Linked Image]
Couldn't afford one of those rear view TVs, so I went with a simpler system, a proximity sensor that squeals loudly if one gets careless backing into a tight spot.

[Linked Image]
Whoa.. Hope that was snow and not hail... eek

I don't get out in the weeds like you guys - this part of the country really doesn't have that opportunity like you can have out west..

We use this: (taken last year coming back from the Sturgis Rally.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If I was hunting in areas like you have above I'd be definitely finding something like a 20-22 footer - and probably used/older model so I wouldn't feel bad traipsing in with mud etc... smile
My Casa De Dump,
It's a old pos that I have had forever but it is warm and dry. Beats the heck out of a tent.

[Linked Image]
I'm a fair weather camper and enjoy my solitude so I prefer a tent....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Before 2015 Hunting Season:

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

After 2015 Hunting Season:

WTH???
Not fancy, but is has gen and AC laugh

[Linked Image]
FieldGrade

Can we get some better pics of your little trailer? What are the dimensions?

I have been thinking about a little trailer to carry the gear and that looks about right.

Thanks

Dave
Bigfoot Motor Home and tag along 03' Jeep Sahara Wrangler. Second unit is an 06' Outback 25RSS for some property I purchased last year in eastern Washington that is six hours away from where I live on the wetside of the state. Extends out to 30 foot with the pull out rear queen.

Property is basically the majority of the hillside in the distance, including the large field down low. Spent so much in motel bills last year I figured I might as well just buy a trailer and put it on site. Continual back and forth to do work...utv trail, food plots, trail cams....all the fun things.

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/Westport7_zps2vdgayr3.jpg.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/z_zpsk3osdm3n.jpg.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/Daytonacres19_zpsucdwocci.jpg.html][Linked Image]
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
[Linked Image]

Ahh yes, the ole contact switch backup alarm, works every time!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[/quote )
Holy @#*&, what is up with that??
My preferred rig...

[Linked Image]
You guys are RVing! grin

Camping:
[Linked Image]

Rig:
[Linked Image]
Rig:
[Linked Image]

Camp:
[Linked Image]
Hunting trailer a couple years ago coming out from hunting season. It almost took the pickup over with it.

[Linked Image]
Rig:
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'm a fair weather camper and enjoy my solitude so I prefer a tent....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is that a Manley ORV trailer? I have been thinking about getting one to tow behind my Jeep.

Good looking dog too
Kitchen:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
24 ft. Jayco White Hawk and GMC 2500 HD Duramax.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Is that a Manley ORV trailer? I have been thinking about getting one to tow behind my Jeep.

Good looking dog too

Thanks.....not a Manley....it was made by Pack Mule down in NV....I bought it in 77 and I've only seen one since....
A company in OK bought PM and dropped that model somewhere along the way....
Wish I had a dollar for every time someone's offered to buy it....I'd have....well...a LOT of dollars....

Originally Posted by tdd4570
FieldGrade

Can we get some better pics of your little trailer? What are the dimensions?

I have been thinking about a little trailer to carry the gear and that looks about right.

Thanks

Dave

The box is 40W X 64D X 20H....here's a couple of other pix I had on PB....not the best but it's raining so they'll have to do...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
[Linked Image]

Nice assortment of shovels! smile
[Linked Image]

Wish you'd quit posting pix of that Tent....makes me want one even though my little canvas Spring Bar is perfect for my needs....
Originally Posted by RS308MX
[Linked Image]

Nice assortment of shovels! smile

And only one is mine. Community fire pit. smile

And only one is mine. Community fire pit. smile

Considering there's not an out house in sight I'd say a good assortment of shovels is quite prudent...
Actually Charlie. There was a one holer about 100 yards from camp. NF grounds
All the axes are mine!

[Linked Image]
It depends on the situation:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I have a variety of camping rigs so that I can adapt to the situation.

[Linked Image]
I think this one is probably closest to the subject matter of this post.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Although I do a lot of the kind of camping in these photos also.

This is the wife's idea of camping.
[Linked Image]

KC

This one works for me. wink

[Linked Image]

Nothing like roughing it out in the wild Rocky Mountains. grin

L.W.
To those who expressed interest in Fieldgrade's trailer.....check out Dinoot Trailers..
My SIL thinks camping is staying in a hotel.

Roughing it is not having room service.
All the axes are mine!

[Linked Image]

Smart.....can't have too many axes in camp.....

[Linked Image]
Rig

[Linked Image]

camp

[Linked Image]

Rig

[Linked Image]

Camp

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Eagle Cap 950 on a PSD. 19.5" wheels rated at 4950 each for the weight. It's a great base camp for Western Colorado. Note 10/22M hanging off back.
[Linked Image]
Spring last year near Bluff, UT. The wife's back won't allow tent camping anymore, so RVing we go. Almost always do forest stuff, not campgrounds. I still try to slip in a night or three in the tent once in a while.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Rig

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Camp

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
All the axes are mine!

[Linked Image]

Smart.....can't have too many axes in camp.....

[Linked Image]

Niiiice!
Woodie

Was that at Quemado last year?
i hunt out of a 1970 beeline. [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Owl
Woodie

Was that at Quemado last year?

No it was in east Texas last February.
[Linked Image]
I see that camping rigs mean many things.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
When not going in deep and light, this was the main camp item for many years.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ironbender
You guys are RVing! grin

Camping:
[Linked Image]

Rig:
[Linked Image]

ironbender;
Good evening to you sir, nice looking rig and tent you've got there sir.

This is the older rig, along with the still current tent at Lewis and Clark Caverns on the way down to Yellowstone.
[Linked Image]

Current rig and same tent at a state park on the Oregon coast.
[Linked Image]

Edit to add - Vancouver Island camp setup.
[Linked Image]

All the best to you and yours this spring sir.

Dwayne
Being from Louisiana......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
In my younger days.

[Linked Image]

These days.

[Linked Image]

Or,

[Linked Image]
In my younger days....

[Linked Image]

Nowadays....

[Linked Image]
Winter camping while pulling a few walleyes through the floor:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We use this in the summer as well. This year we plan on hitting some state parks and doing some camping/biking park trails.
[Linked Image]

The old puller:

[Linked Image]

The new puller:

[Linked Image]

I'm going to be spending a few nights in this Ford topper in Montana this week. Unless I puzz out like ingwe and feel the need for a hot shower and continental breakfast.....

[Linked Image]

Here's inside mine.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The day we bought it.
[Linked Image]
Appreciate the kind words Dwayne. The best to you and your this spring as well.

I should get a pic up of the new 'rig'.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We use this in the summer as well. This year we plan on hitting some state parks and doing some camping/biking park trails.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rooster that thing is sweet. It be perfect if it wasn't for the ice hole...

smile
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Somebody stole your ATV's!!!!
Ahh life in the tipi

Good gear

No pix

But we got it all from big to small

2 person tents chk

3 person yep

Equinox yep

Acetic oven yep

Slide in camper sitting in the yard covered up

33' 5th wheel somewhere in WA state

What I don't have is time to use any of them

Put snow machines away yesterday

1st winter in 14 years didn't make it to our cabin in winter

Work is a 4 letter word
[Linked Image]

Kaywoodie, that's a picturesque setup.

Beyond all the shovels, what I really want to know is where do you keep all your merit badges?

grin
2000 Ford F250 w/V10. 23' Weekend Warrior.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

Beyond all the shovels, what I really want to know is where do you keep all your merit badges?

grin

Kingston!
I only got one before getting the boot!! laugh

[Linked Image]
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

My Wife refuses to go in this one. It's my favorite.
[Linked Image]

grin

Kingston!
I only got one before getting the boot!! laugh

[Linked Image]

That should be my avatar! HA!!
Not that I require a sign...
last rig I camped off of....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Redneck
Whoa.. Hope that was snow and not hail... eek

I don't get out in the weeds like you guys - this part of the country really doesn't have that opportunity like you can have out west..

We use this: (taken last year coming back from the Sturgis Rally.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If I was hunting in areas like you have above I'd be definitely finding something like a 20-22 footer - and probably used/older model so I wouldn't feel bad traipsing in with mud etc... smile

thats kind of what i was asking on the other thread.

norm
Where do you sleep?
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

there is a tent lashed on one of the bikes, and a couple of "Paco" pads, thick foam with heavy duty waterproof covers. Didn't snap a pic of the tent set up, nor of the bikes fully rigged.

Had 4 gallons of water, and 2 gallons of extra gas.

Turned out to be a 78 mile round trip from the base camp, with one night stay planned.

base camp was a bigger tent, bigger ice box, bigger kitchen box, and bigger grub box, pickup, lantern, propane stove and table

Sycamore

Rooster that thing is sweet. It be perfect if it wasn't for the ice hole...

smile

It's us Ice holes that keep you buggfuckers in business!

grin

[Linked Image]

Looks a little saggy, Lee. Did you trade in the white truck?
DASSBUS, LMAO.

Originally Posted by Certifiable
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yep - new one's even heavier; rated for 26,500# 5th wheel towing and truck GVW is now 14K#

Pin weight at the time of the pic is about 3400#, truck only dropped about 2.5" after hookup. The dualies start out mostly level when empty as compared to a SRW - therefore it looks a tad squatty when pulling..

[Linked Image]

Yep - new one's even heavier; rated for 26,500# 5th wheel towing and truck GVW is now 14K#

Pin weight at the time of the pic is about 3400#, truck only dropped about 2.5" after hookup. The dualies start out mostly level when empty as compared to a SRW - therefore it looks a tad squatty when pulling..
where was the fifth wheel on that one ??looks like it was on top off axel instead of 12-16" in front of it.
norm
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

there is a tent lashed on one of the bikes, and a couple of "Paco" pads, thick foam with heavy duty waterproof covers.

Sycamore

Are those Paco Pads from Jack's Plastic Welding? Used to have a couple and they are bomb proof...and extremely comfy!
About ready to haul it out of the barn for the season.
Have our first trip planed for the last weekend of this month. By then I hope our snow is gone.
[Linked Image]

My tow vehicle.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

there is a tent lashed on one of the bikes, and a couple of "Paco" pads, thick foam with heavy duty waterproof covers.

Sycamore

Are those Paco Pads from Jack's Plastic Welding? Used to have a couple and they are bomb proof...and extremely comfy!

yes they are the blue rolls on the front of the bikes. tightly rolled. I had a couple made up 2", 24" wide, and 78" long. Raft material covering them, they are stout and waterproof.

front of the bike has a paco pad, 2 camp chairs, and a BIG northface sleeping bag

[Linked Image]

Sycamore
[URL=http://s842.photobucket.com/user/1Longbow/media/DSCN0002.jpg.html][Linked Image][/URL

Heres mine
Ha! I knew I had one somewhere. Need a saddle yet....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

Sycamore

yes they are the blue rolls on the front of the bikes. tightly rolled. I had a couple made up 2", 24" wide, and 78" long. Raft material covering them, they are stout and waterproof.

front of the bike has a paco pad, 2 camp chairs, and a BIG northface sleeping bag

[Linked Image]

Sycamore

EP Saddlery tanker rig?
My wife took this one about 30 minutes ago. We are staying in a park while visiting my son who is fighting cancer. Just a phone picture but I like it... and her... and the camper. smile

[Linked Image]
New 'camper'.

[Linked Image]

And for my Canadian friends.......
[Linked Image]
How did y'all survive the 20*+ temps?

It was brutal, no?
laugh

Hunting camp about 50 miles from home. Sometimes a pain to get it there, but it's nice once your set-up! Really nice when you stay there for 3 weeks. memtb

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by las
Need a saddle yet....

Talk to me....
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by EdM
Where do you sleep?

Sycamore

[Linked Image]

Sycamore

EP Saddlery tanker rig?

Yes, the first one I've got that was lined. I think I'll keep buying them like that. That rig is really good for me on an ATV.

Sycamore
Both my wife and I have back related issues so tent camping is no more. We have had this 28' Jayco for about five years and enjoy being spoiled with it. I have two Yamaha generators if there is no power available.

Ready to move out from home.

[Linked Image]

Elk Meadows in Estes Park, Colorado.

[Linked Image]

Lunch break in the Wind River Canyon in Wyoming.

[Linked Image]

Rest stop on Homestake Pass in Montana

[Linked Image]
Idared, might have passed you while you were having lunch in the canyon! Pass thru there every day on my way to work. memtb
Originally Posted by memtb
Idared, might have passed you while you were having lunch in the canyon! Pass thru there every day on my way to work. memtb

Beautiful area. We always enjoy our time going through there. If I remember correctly we hit some road construction there during the summer last year on our way from Casper to Greybull. Did that add time to your daily commute?
The Term Camping is such a subjective thing. I have owned pack goats for a long time and used them to pack into the alpine lakes wilderness for some of the mose spectacular trips of my life.

I've owned a pickup camper that we used to be able to pull the boat for extended fishing trips while still having the ability to pull it behind us. It was like living in a space capsule but what a blessing to have the comforts it provided when far from home on the river.

Sold the goats years ago when I moved to the east side of the mountains, Then traded the pickup camper for a 22' four season trailer. It's certainly not " camping as I was used to, but more like a mobile apartment, or personal hotel room.

We did this in December of this year. We now have over 30 nights in it and 6500 miles traveled so far. Make no mistake this is not "camping" to my way of understanding the definition. However it makes for a flawless work space and office when I'm on the road, and it is also the perfect base camp for our excursions with the truck. Can't haul the big boat now, but I can haul the Yamaha ATV in the pickup bed, or the Flycraft fishing boat. It also lets us unhook from the trailer and use the truck separately. Not something we could do with the Pickup camper.

Different experiences for sure with all the "camping" options I've utilized. At this point in my life, this 22' four season camper is a blessing of comfort and ease of use.
Elk Camp 2012, Late hunt (Dec) +/- 5000' elev:

[Linked Image]

Deer hunt 2014, Dec +/- 7000' elev:

[Linked Image]

Same camp the next morning. It snowed a bit more and got even colder the next few days, down to around +8F. At my age, that's cold for tent living!

[Linked Image]

Geno

PS, I'm sure leaning towards a setup like Scott's A-Liner.
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The Term Camping is such a subjective thing. I have owned pack goats for a long time and used them to pack into the alpine lakes wilderness for some of the mose spectacular trips of my life.

I've owned a pickup camper that we used to be able to pull the boat for extended fishing trips while still having the ability to pull it behind us. It was like living in a space capsule but what a blessing to have the comforts it provided when far from home on the river.

Sold the goats years ago when I moved to the east side of the mountains, Then traded the pickup camper for a 22' four season trailer. It's certainly not " camping as I was used to, but more like a mobile apartment, or personal hotel room.

We did this in December of this year. We now have over 30 nights in it and 6500 miles traveled so far. Make no mistake this is not "camping" to my way of understanding the definition. However it makes for a flawless work space and office when I'm on the road, and it is also the perfect base camp for our excursions with the truck. Can't haul the big boat now, but I can haul the Yamaha ATV in the pickup bed, or the Flycraft fishing boat. It also lets us unhook from the trailer and use the truck separately. Not something we could do with the Pickup camper.

Different experiences for sure with all the "camping" options I've utilized. At this point in my life, this 22' four season camper is a blessing of comfort and ease of use.

My wife and I loved to go to Central Oregon and just camp under the stars, no tent just a ground tarp and bed roll. Now that we are in our 60s and retired the little camp trailer we just bought will extend our camping season to 12 months. We would still love to really rough it but the bodies say no.
Well you can still lay out under the stars with the camper. However now you can get up and go inside away from the swarms of Mossies!

One of the really nice parts of the camper that I never realized up front was that once it's stocked with food and all the things we needed to live, there is nothing but a few clothing items to bring along. I can decide at noon on a thursday I want to go someplace and I'm ready to go by 1:00!

That thing sits in the shop building plugged in ready to go at a moments notice. I no longer have to remember a 1000 things and carefully pack every item into a vehicle, or backpack. It's 20 min to throw clothing together, 20 minutes to add water to the 80 gallon tank, and 10 min to hook up the trailer to the truck.

On our extended trips, I find it quite a nice feature to pull into a rest area and take a nap, watch a movie on a Memory foam mattress, make a nice hot meal, take a shower, etc. Nope.... not camping by my measure, but wow..... this is sweet to have at my fingertips when I need a break from driving.

Walmarts also have a nice policy regarding overnights in their parking lots. I've found that they are comfortable to turn around in as they are usually huge and empty in the distant spaces. Get groceries to stock up, and room to park. Again not camping,... but a hella lot cheaper, cleaner, and more convenient then a hotel when on the road! Plus now lots of them are selling diesel fuel too!
[Linked Image]

Two Honda ATV's inside, fold down beds, 21 cf Fridge, sink, 6' countertop, gun racks, Wife...not much else I could ask for.
Stopped at a Walmart in Hood River and found a no camping sign. First time I had seen one at a Walmart.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Stopped at a Walmart in Hood River and found a no camping sign. First time I had seen one at a Walmart.

Scott, like they say in the real estate biz.......

Location Location Location.

I wonder if they have the same policy out at the Dalles? Hood River might be because the "wind surfing" crowd would take over.

Geno
Idared, My commute is 87 miles(Winchester to Lost Cabin). The canyon offers some challenges thruout the whole year. Summer has road construction of some nature, as well as lots of RV traffic. Spring has more than it's share of rock slides, and in winter,it seems to create it's own weather systems. But,it darn sure beats city traffic. I wouldn't change a thing! memtb
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Scott F

Scott, like they say in the real estate biz.......

Location Location Location.

I wonder if they have the same policy out at the Dalles? Hood River might be because the "wind surfing" crowd would take over.

Geno

Could be the reason. I was wondering is it was a city ordinance that stopped it.
City ordinance there is also a possibility. That place gets way too popular when the wind blows.

Geno
Originally Posted by Reloder28
[Linked Image]

Two Honda ATV's inside, fold down beds, 21 cf Fridge, sink, 6' countertop, gun racks, Wife...not much else I could ask for.

Reloder 28, got any inside views?

Your type of setup also interests me as I already have a small cargo trailer.

Geno
City ordinance there is also a possibility. That place gets way too popular when the wind blows.

Geno

Some communities will restrict parking lot camping via ordinance to help commercial campgrounds.
[Linked Image]

Geno

Had them but accidentally erased them last year. I can take some more. I'll send them in a p.m. once done.
[Linked Image]

Geno

Had them but accidentally erased them last year. I can take some more. I'll send them in a p.m. once done.

Why just show to one person? I for one would like to see your set up.

Thank you.

Wayne
Originally Posted by roundoak

Thank you.

Wayne

Copy that, Wayno. Will post them up soon, here.

Thanks for y'alls interest.
Here's my little RV. This will be our 4th year with it.

This is on top of dead Indian pass in Wyoming.

[Linked Image]

Memtb,

I wonder if I know you. I live up owl creek. And I'm betting I know where the pictures of your RV were taken. Perhaps a couple drain ages north of me.
Ralphie, You sir are correct!!! We were parked on Grass Creek. Possible that we know each other, I'm certain that we both some of the same folks. I've a friend who has a few acres on Owl Creek, a contractor in Thermopolis. memtb

I'll shoot you a PM sometime!!
This will be our newest summer camping rig. It does have a propane heater, but I can't see us using it.
We just got it late last year, and need to do some tlc to it. A couple of 85 years young owned it, and it sat in a slip for some years.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Splat, is that at Navajo? If so, I'll keep an eye out for your aqua camper this summer. If you see a guy that looks just like Brad Pitt, in a twin engine cigarette boat...that ain't me.
Originally Posted by Ralphie
[Linked Image]

Man, that is a great size for our needs and looks plenty nimble.

No 5th wheel here, is there something similar for a standard hitch from this manf.?

Thanks!
Yeah. That was in the first cove going up Francis.
We'll have a 20' Searay in tow.
We're trying to get a new covered slip in row 2 or 3.

What color ?

You hang out with Scott H., or Rodgers?
They have those kind of boats.
[Linked Image]
Favorite camping setup
Love Francis Creek. Camped up that way a few times last year out of the sailboat (had it slipped at the marina near the walkway as you approach the store from the shore). Sold it last fall and bought an 18' Larson, white/tan/brown in color.
Are you local ?
PM sent
Thanks,

I'll keep the radar on. They should be interesting.

Geno
I camped in one of these this weekend taking my son to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. It was rough man. The door to the pool was slightly sticky and the A/C button was kinda hard to push. Also i was scared that I wasn't going to be able to watch opening day baseball but alas the ESPN came through.

[Linked Image]

He got to see his favorite plane though. He loves the SR-71. This one being the ONLY SR-71B. I'm not an aviation guy but man I was in awe of the aircraft. There was an engine near the display and what a magnificent display of craftsmanship. I could have looked at this plane alone all day.

[Linked Image]
I think for a guy like you, perhaps next time your needs might be better met at a Marriot. grin

That Holiday Inn sounds a might rough.

Geno

They at least had the technology for you to get ice and a wake up call I hope.
13' Gheenoe with 6hp yamaha 4 stroke that I use to camp the river swamps here in the Florida panhandle . Picture taken several miles south of I-10 on the Blackwater river . Mostly a shallow river -I can wade across in lots of places -lots of snags -downed trees and places where the little Gheenoe must be pulled through on foot [portaging] . It's one very relaxing place to go -I've never seen another boat since it takes a little work to get up it -have seen kayaks coming down river on warm days though.
Boat is rattle can camo now .

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry Shires Contrail tent ,CZ 221fb leaning against cedar tree , hammock and my river slippers .
I had planned on taking a five day river hunting/camping/trapping/fishing trip this year but it was hot all winter long -I hate skeeters in January.

You guys have some cool camping outfits !

[Linked Image]
New 'camper'.

[Linked Image]

I'll bet your trailer smells like a$$ laugh
[Linked Image]

I own tents, have camped in the atv hauler trailer on cots and travel trailers.
I prefer the latter.
Originally Posted by wageslave
[Linked Image]

I own tents, have camped in the atv hauler trailer on cots and travel trailers.
I prefer the latter.

I'm guessing the front slide out is the confessional?

Geno

PS, where's Otis?
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Well you can still lay out under the stars with the camper. However now you can get up and go inside away from the swarms of Mossies!

One of the really nice parts of the camper that I never realized up front was that once it's stocked with food and all the things we needed to live, there is nothing but a few clothing items to bring along. I can decide at noon on a thursday I want to go someplace and I'm ready to go by 1:00!

That thing sits in the shop building plugged in ready to go at a moments notice. I no longer have to remember a 1000 things and carefully pack every item into a vehicle, or backpack. It's 20 min to throw clothing together, 20 minutes to add water to the 80 gallon tank, and 10 min to hook up the trailer to the truck.

On our extended trips, I find it quite a nice feature to pull into a rest area and take a nap, watch a movie on a Memory foam mattress, make a nice hot meal, take a shower, etc. Nope.... not camping by my measure, but wow..... this is sweet to have at my fingertips when I need a break from driving.

Walmarts also have a nice policy regarding overnights in their parking lots. I've found that they are comfortable to turn around in as they are usually huge and empty in the distant spaces. Get groceries to stock up, and room to park. Again not camping,... but a hella lot cheaper, cleaner, and more convenient then a hotel when on the road! Plus now lots of them are selling diesel fuel too!

Yes, the "all stocked up and ready to go" feature is pretty nice.

I had a 34' Winnebago diesel pusher for about 5 years. It was the most pleasant highway-cruising vehicle I ever had! I kept it fully stocked from spring thru fall, except for the fridge, so I didn't need to plug it in. As you say, it's a great home/office-away--from-home/office.

I bought it because my ex had become incapacitated by MS and the only way she could get out (which means the only way I could get out!) was in that RV. I took it on fly-fishing trips, bird-hunting trips, the works. It was pretty sweet.

When I sold it 5 years later I did a costs spreadsheet and discovered I could've stayed at motels and eaten at high-dollar restaurants on every one of those trips and spent thousands less than I did on loan payments, maintenance, and repairs on that old hog. I don't regret it, it gave me and the ex some great times we wouldn't have had otherwise. Best day I had with that RV was the day I bought it, and the second best day was the day I sold it. No regrets now, but I wouldn't do it again!

I'm back to my previous camping style again, now: backpack, boots, light mountain tent, Thermarest, and a down bag. Otherwise a Wee-no-nah, a dry bag, tent, and mummy bag. I love it simple.
Doc, you mentioned "light mountain tent". This is what we used back in the 70's.

[Linked Image]

And here was our cooking equipment:

[Linked Image]

Fun stuff then, inexpensive too. Probably couldn't get much use (legally) out of the pots nowadays. Most of the places we went then are now stoves only, no firewood gathering (not sure there's any wood left)

Geno

I'm guessing the front slide out is the confessional?

Geno

PS, where's Otis?

Yes.
The night drop is that lower door.....

Otis is always around, unless I'm big game hunting.

Hahaha! You read my mind too well, amigo! A poly tarp, 30 feet of poly rope, and a couple of half-gallon billy-tins!

I spent--cumulatively--months and months under the stars in the Alberta and BC mountains with such equipment, and I never felt deprived. I'm out of town at present, otherwise I'd go out to the garage and snap a pic of my old Camp Trails Skyline backpack, which I will never get rid of... although I doubt I'll ever carry an 80 pound load-out in it again!

The gear I have nowadays is way more high-dollar, but I doubt it works any better, really.

I had a Black's Icelandic down bag, a pair of Galibier mountain boots (started out with Kastingers), an Optimus gas stove (cooked a lot of freeze-dried packets in snowmelt water on that baby!), a pair of light wool Swedish army surplus pants for cold weather and some moosehide moccasins for wearing around the campfire. Wish I could find some pics of that old rig. I logged a lotta lotta miles at and above treeline, bagged 40+ Canadian Rockies summits, and traversed countless passes with that rig.

Schittass, listen to me. Carryin' on like an old man...
He's a handsome devil.

Otis that is.

Geno
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Hahaha! You read my mind too well, amigo! A poly tarp, 30 feet of poly rope, and a couple of half-gallon billy-tins!

I spent--cumulatively--months and months under the stars in the Alberta and BC mountains with such equipment, and I never felt deprived. I'm out of town at present, otherwise I'd go out to the garage and snap a pic of my old Camp Trails Skyline backpack, which I will never get rid of... although I doubt I'll ever carry an 80 pound load-out in it again!

The gear I have nowadays is way more high-dollar, but I doubt it works any better, really.

I had a Black's Icelandic down bag, a pair of Galibier mountain boots (started out with Kastingers), an Optimus gas stove (cooked a lot of freeze-dried packets in snowmelt water on that baby!), a pair of light wool Swedish army surplus pants for cold weather and some moosehide moccasins for wearing around the campfire. Wish I could find some pics of that old rig. I logged a lotta lotta miles at and above treeline, bagged 40+ Canadian Rockies summits, and traversed countless passes with that rig.

Schittass, listen to me. Carryin' on like an old man...

Doc, that was spendy equipment for suburban kids when I grew up.

Pic of my brother's sleeping bag, notice the flannel? It was not down. Mine was similar:

[Linked Image]

My boots were genuine surplus Vietnam boots, drain holes and everything. We did spend money on real wool socks. Pants were Levis, wool "Pendleton" shirts, cotton long johns, and a windbreaker and poncho for inclement weather. Might have carried a pair of Goodwill used wool suit pants too.

Many of our packs were interesting. Used to be able to just buy the pack bag from various mfgs. We made our own Alum frames. One of our leaders worked for a defense contractor. Gen Dynamics/Convair or some such and had access to something used to bend. We had bent 3" alum bows and screwed alum tubing to it. Made for relatively easy repairs on the trail should one break. grin (just realized there's one of those frames leaning against a tree in the pic of my brother's camp.) I think one of our leaders had a real Kelty Pack and Frame. Stylin' for the times.

[Linked Image]

Heck, I thought the equipment I had was quite the improvement from my boy scout days when I had no frame, just a surplus WWII or Korea "knapsack"! Dang, those strap cut into my (then) bony shoulders.

Did your passes look like this?

[Linked Image]

Sure does bring back memories. Only time I now want to put 50 or so pounds in a pack is to get meat out of the woods!

Geno
Did a lot of bare bones camping growing up and through my 20's. In my 30's tents got bigger and got married. We tent camped for a while and then rented cabins and finally our own.

[Linked Image]

Still camp for deer season though the tent is big, comfy and heated!

[Linked Image]

View is good too!

[Linked Image]
Pugs, thanks for sharing your "camps" with us.

Those pics from Western MD?

Geno
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
New 'camper'.

[Linked Image]

I'll bet your trailer smells like a$$ laugh

Not yet! wink
Lovin' it Hig,

But what if someone wants to get by on that seemingly plowed trail/road?

Looks like the kids are happy. That's important.

Geno
Pugs, thanks for sharing your "camps" with us.

Those pics from Western MD?

Geno

The cabin is in the panhandle of WV and the tent pics are our family farm in SE KY.
Originally Posted by CCCC
When not going in deep and light, this was the main camp item for many years.

[Linked Image]

71 or 72 model?
Geno, my gear wasn't such high-dollar as that when I started out! My first boots were Nam-era jungle boots, too, army surplus. They blistered the hell out of my feet, so after a couple years of suffering I persuaded my mom to buy me my first pair of Kastingers when I was 15, my first year "on staff" at the Rocky Mountain YMCA.

My first couple of packs were el cheapo models, but again when I was 15 I bought the Skyline and never looked back. I had to replace the aluminum frame 3 years later when I started working for a guide outfit out of Banff and the loads got heavier... the load that broke the old frame weighed 110 pounds on the scale in the stables. Damned if I could hump that much weight at 9000 feet today! eek

I bought the down bag as a survival measure. I used J.C.Higgins polyfil bags and froze my ass off at nights for a couple years (on the Continental Divide, it gets down into the low 30's or even colder almost every night). I remember it cost over a hundred bucks, which ate up almost my entire pay I got for the summer of 1969. The Galibier's I bought in '71 from the youth hostel shop in Calgary, again I paid almost a whole summer's salary for them but I couldn't have done the job without them. You can't carry loads like that over rock trails and passes without heavy mountain boots, never mind putting on crampons and climbing snow-capped peaks. I still have those boots, too, and they still fit. I wore them last time I climbed Mt. Sarrail in 1996, which was my last summit and probably always will be. I'm getting too old to put up with that kind of agony "for fun" any more.

And yes, my passes looked like that.
Lovin' it Hig,

Geno

Camping in the middle of a freeway does have its drawbacks.
Originally Posted by Higbean
Lovin' it Hig,

Geno

Camping in the middle of a freeway does have its drawbacks.

Hig,

I'll bet!

Musta been quite an "experience".

Geno
Doc,

Ain't it wonderful how folks from such disparate environments go through life in similar ways?

I "upgraded" to some Vasque boots (if I recall) the summer we took 5 weeks off (had to quit a good job for that) to hike the Olympics and climb Mt Rainier ('74, record snow year. We were unprepared for the Olympics, with 8' of snow on a 3000' pass). Crampons won't work well on jungle boots. I bought my first down bag then also (they don't work well when the igloo starts to melt), think I still used the homemade pack frame (they were ugly but relatively sturdy, no welds to break).

Can you imagine a parent sending a kid out with that type of equipment today. Subjecting their kids to mild hypothermia. We had some nights above treeline that were somewhat below freezing. One morning we woke up and had to break through ice on the shoreline of the lake for our morning water.

I do wonder sometimes if our younger generations would be well served to learn about such hardships. They make life nowadays seem rather "easy".

I do enjoy your stories,

Geno
Tough to top camp love.............especially a threesome.
When the going gets tough, the tough go in the camper.
You can tow a camper, but you can't tow a fish.

If you don't know campers, know your mechanic.
RV's are what tents want to be.
Beer isn't cold in a tent.....just sayin'.

You have never heard "if this sleepin' bags rockin' don't bother knock in".
or
I haven't showered in 5 days.......wanna frah-lick?

It's 15 degrees in this tent.....wanna play poker?
Not near as fancy as most of the rigs y'all are showing, but it's mine and has served me well since 1991 . . .

Just one of the many setups we have been-
[Linked Image]

Son and I in front of the "camper" with our shootin irons.
[Linked Image]

This is my favourite type of thread - thanks Larry for starting it.

These are some shots of my old rig. The XJ has since gone to heaven, and I sold the Scotty. I loved that thing, but I need something a little bigger.

This is up in the Catskills Mountains of NY (in the background).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And the best damn coffee and buttered roll I ever had....

[Linked Image]
Fixer upper

[Linked Image]
A hammock and a bike are not a bad way to go in warmer weather.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When hunting out of my pickup I tend to use the tent-cot, as it only takes literally 2 minutes to set up, and I can move camp in minutes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Camping with my (then) little one, and "Omar" the came who came back from the middle east, to keep her company at night.
Junior high.

Dropped off at the edge of the wilderness area and picked up 5 days later.

Good times. Of course now days they might call they child abuse or abandonment.

[Linked Image]
Bought this to hunt and fish out of. The wife likes it too.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Junior high.

[Linked Image]

That is awesome.

I tell people now about inner tubes and a fishing pole floating the Clearwater around here as a teen. No life jackets, no cell phones and who knows where we will put in?
Sounds crazy..........now.
That sounds about right!
Here's a pic of my old pack/frame. For loads under 65 pounds or so this beats any internal frame pack I've ever tried. And if you pull the bag off the frame, you can haul elk quarters on it real nicely.

[Linked Image]

Here's my old Optimus stove. Burns white gas and puts out a lot of heat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've tried other more "modern" stoves, but nothing beats the ol' Optimus' combination of compact size, light weight, and heat output.

Finally, my old Galibier mountain boots. They still fit reasonably well, I still wear them anytime I'm going to be walking on predominantly rock surfaces.

[Linked Image]

I can smell the sno-seal from here! grin

I had parallel set up, Raichle Hikers, Svea 123, and Kelty D-4, added extension frame and padded waistbelt , and rear pocket, until it was non-cordura Tioga!

Sycamore
Sno-Seal indeed! grin

I lusted for a Kelty pack, but I couldn't justify the cost when I had a decent pack/frame, and ropes, pitons, and carabiners were so expensive. Not to mention my beer bill wasn't exactly lightweight!
This thread just keeps getting better .

Ever ponder what a horrible life it would be to NOT be interested in the outdoors ?
Hiked and camp the Wild Azalea Trail in central Louisiana. First time camping with a hammock. Works out well. My pack is an ALICE pack I bought a long time ago.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've been curious about a hammock setup for a while, but never tried one. That looks like it might be pretty comfy!

When hunting out of my pickup I tend to use the tent-cot, as it only takes literally 2 minutes to set up, and I can move camp in minutes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those I've tried. Pretty sweet. But tell me about that firepot!!
Junior high.

[Linked Image]

What I wouldn't give for some pictures of those days.
JR High and we would sometimes walk to the local hills or be dropped off in the National Forest, and stay days at a time, no adults. Wonderful memories.
Boys and I hiked the Guadalupe Mtns NP back in Dec 2012. Naturally I went old Skool!

[Linked Image]
OLe skool cool !

[Linked Image]

I've been curious about a hammock setup for a while, but never tried one. That looks like it might be pretty comfy!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those I've tried. Pretty sweet. But tell me about that firepot!!

I'll second that request Mackay.

I see by your equipment you took a similar path to Doc and me. Thanks for the pics.

Geno
Boys and I hiked the Guadalupe Mtns NP back in Dec 2012. Naturally I went old Skool!

[Linked Image]

Jodhpurs or just pants wrapped tight under the gaiters?

They are cool. Were there any travelers met that gave you funny looks?

I love the knapsack and bedroll too.

Geno
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Junior high.

Luckily, he still had his cellular phone to keep in constant text messaging with his parents. 😀

[Linked Image]

Jodhpurs or just pants wrapped tight under the gaiters?

They are cool. Were there any travelers met that gave you funny looks?

I love the knapsack and bedroll too.

Geno

Trousers areM1937 mustard wools with M1938 dismounted leggings. Ruck is original TAP 50 french. And sleeping back is original WWII wool bag.
Originally Posted by roundoak

Thank you.

Wayne

Copy that, Wayno. Will post them up soon, here.

Thanks for y'alls interest.

Been working 7/15's since early February. It'll be over this Thursday. I'll get more pictures posted then. Thanks for your interest.

This is my buddy's at Garner State Park. He built a 20' after he saw mine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those I've tried. Pretty sweet. But tell me about that firepot!! [/quote]

Titanium rocket stove by Ed T. weighs nothing, and burns just a few twigs. It is sized to exactly one of my cups.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The stove makes it easy to stop and have a hot cup of coffee or noodles, in a matter of minutes. On those days where the wet and the chill seems to cut right through ya, it makes a big difference to keeping me motivated. smile

Valsdad and Doc,

Like you guys, I tend to travel with a minimal amount of gear. I prefer to spend less time cooking/preparing big meals/fiddling around, and more time exploring, fishing, hunting, hiking, etc.

The hammock, silnylon tarp, and bag all fit easily in a eberlestock riflebag, that is narrow enough to fit on the back of the bike. I don't have much use these days for some of the "tactical" gear, so it gets converted to more recreational purposes.

One note on hammocks. There is a learning curve. They are extremely comfortable when done right though. One thing is that in most places where the temps dip, you really need some insulation underneath you, like an underquilt. Lots of stuff online about all that though.

One note on hammocks. There is a learning curve. They are extremely comfortable when done right though. One thing is that in most places where the temps dip, you really need some insulation underneath you, like an underquilt. Lots of stuff online about all that though.

So true.
Here is our camping rig. 2012 Surveyor by Forrest River. It took us 15 years to find the perfect camper trailer for us, and this is it.

[Linked Image]

This weekend we took our rig and met my wifes sister, her daughter, and her son at Pioneer Park on the Salt Fork of the Red River. This is all four of the rigs together.

[Linked Image]

Saturday evening we had to do a shrimp and sausage boil, along with onions, potatoes, corn and carrots. Pretty good eats there.

[Linked Image]
Junior high.

[Linked Image]

Love that one!
Ralphie
what make, year size or model number of your R V? It looks about right for using in the back country
Thanks
Phil

The stove makes it easy to stop and have a hot cup of coffee or noodles, in a matter of minutes. On those days where the wet and the chill seems to cut right through ya, it makes a big difference to keeping me motivated. smile

I hear ya on that. I've used my Optimus for such purposes for years, but there's something satisfying about cooking up a hot snack/beverage with real fire. I'm gonna look into getting something like this.

Valsdad and Doc,

Like you guys, I tend to travel with a minimal amount of gear. I prefer to spend less time cooking/preparing big meals/fiddling around, and more time exploring, fishing, hunting, hiking, etc.

My backpack load-out is a lot more minimalist than most folks I meet on the trails, and I'm always looking at ways to reduce weight and carry smarter. When my kids were small, I carried a TON of gear to keep it "fun" for small minds & bodies. As they got older they caught the pack-and-travel-light bug. Well, some did, anyway. Eco-Daughter loves her big-ass tent and a car full of pillows and quilts. She calls it "glamping". She's also the hardest-charging backpacker of the bunch, though, so I can forgive the luxury. It is pretty comfy, I gotta admit.

Mac, funny you should mention that! I've been looking at buying a new down bag this year, but the new Enlightened Equipment bags and sleeping pads are blowing me away... I've always used my down bags like a quilt over a sleeping pad anyways (waaaaay more comfortable for me), except in truly cold weather...and these guys seem to have totally stolen my idea!

I think I'll sue them for that. As soon as Bob jumps off the Trump bandwagon I'll retain him for same...
grin

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/revelation/
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY
Junior high.

Luckily, he still had his cellular phone to keep in constant text messaging with his parents. 😀

Yep,

That was always an issue back then!

Our big issue as kids was choosing between chicken and beef flavor for top ramen..

Doc,

Nothing wrong with being comfortable while car camping for sure!

From experience with going with some others years back, they would spend hours cooking, fiddling with gear, meals, etc. I just wanted a quick bowl of hot food, a cup of coffee and to hit the road or trail.

"Adventure travel" on an enduro bike and minimalist backpacking, I have noticed share a lot in common. The titanium volcano stove fits both categories quite well, and I will freely admit, it is fun to have a fire, even if it is a tiny one, using a handful of twigs.
Finally got enough time away from work to post these few pic's. The rig is not as tidy as Id like it to be fro a photo session....sorry. The trailer is a 16' Cargo Craft utility. The entire build was done by me. The walls are stuffed with 1" styrofoam insulation. It will tote two Honda's with the doors shut.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The bare sheet of plywood you see upright between the Honda and the countertop is the bed that folds down. Its bedroll rolls up into the cubby hole there.

Outside view:
[Linked Image]

Mine is a '67 Silver Streak 24'. Looks like the one in this ad.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pal
Mine is a '67 Silver Streak 24'. Looks like the one in this ad.

[Linked Image]

Wow! That is very nice!!
28--thanks.

It is still in good shape, though the interior needs refinishing and some veneer repair. The original galley is that '60's look. Even the sink and stove are still nice.

[Linked Image]

The convertible dinette seats have been rebuilt, re-cushioned and recovered.

[Linked Image]

Not original is one of the twin beds I have converted to a desk with storage and entertainment system with Yamaha electric piano. smile The drawers have yet to be constructed. The TV hinges out so it can be viewed from the dinette.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The older I get the easier I want it to be.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Put twelve thousand miles on my old 1988 Chinook last year. Odometer now on 52,000. Just the right size for one person; ok for two if you are good friends.
Originally Posted by pal

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

THAT is waaaay cool. Nice work Pal.
BigBuck,
That is a very nice rig.
In the late season I add sides to the ezup but with a table and chair inside the 10x10 tent it is a comfortable camp for one hunter.

The integrated front vestibule zips up and makes a nice dry spot to sit and relax with a good drink.

It may not be weather as bad as parts north but above 9000 ft the Sierra's gets it share of high winds and snow. The Cabela's Extreme tent works nicely.

[Linked Image]

The old Dakota had just hit 290k miles when this picture was taken, with limited slip and chains it has gotten me off the beaten path and back many times.
Thabks, R28. Nothing that I would try off the beaten path but sure works good for my modern day type of camping. However, I still sleep in a sleeping bag.
Bigbuck, that really is a sweet ride.

Gas engine?
Yeah, big old Ford gas guzzler 460 that probably averages around 9mpg. I stopped at a restaurant in NM last spring and overheard a conversation between four other people pulling a camper. Woman says they never got over four mpg all day long so I beat them bad. And the old rig will propel it's self down the road faster than I want to drive it.
I would have guessed a 460.

Just showed the pics to my wife. She thought it was uber cool.

If you ever decide to sell it please let us know!
I use this to haul lawn mowers around all year... But ....

16 foot v nose trailer with a RV door, and two sliding Windows, and a regular French door back end.

I insulated it, and put in a 18kv Atwood RV furnace, w/thermostat.

I put a camp chief over/ cook stove on top of the furnace box and it's a nice make shift kitchen, that and a cot... All good. (Tire sitting on it right now)..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My camp's gonna need a little work.......

Sam, I am planning on going thru your city the last Sunday of June. That is, if this cancer business doesn't have me down so if I make it, I would like to look you up and maybe have a brew. I consume about two a year so the first one may as well be there.
And Chinook will be with me. If my health fails, it will be for sale but if I come out winner, I will use it a few more years. We will see and I sure will let you know first.

Ivan
Mackay_Sagebrush if a few acres comes with that fixer up then I am interested. Normally I use a Kifaru 12 man tipi with a large stove.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ivan, I am very sorry to hear of this news.

Hopefully you get MANY more years of use out of the Chinook!
[Linked Image]

Last Fall chasing elk in the Belts.

[Linked Image]

I'd like to get the little stove Mackay has but the jetboil works pretty well too. The boy claims this was the best chili he had ever eaten. Made for a great breakfast.
[Linked Image]

This is a friend's cabin in the bush in northern SK. Spend many weeks there in the summer chasing northerns, lake trout and walleye. Now we have a cabin of our own on this lake. Great place to get away from it all.
[Linked Image]

Nothing beats boat camping.
Which body of water is that ?

And -yes agree boat camping is great .
Last Fall I sold my late model Tundra/Lance camper to my son who drove it back to Alaska.
I got tired of 10 mpg and a $25K (truck/camper) rig that didn't get used enough. That was a beautiful truck, but the mileage was pathetic.

I went old school with the T100 and Palomino popup. Have had this combo before and loved it.
Only $6K in this rig (truck and camper) and I get an honest 16 mpg.
We'll be hooking up the Lund and heading to northwest Ontario in a few days.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Looks like the Snake river...
Thanks, Sam. This is my third battle with cancer. 1999, 2008 and now lung cancer, When my doctor broke the news to me, he wasn't very optimistic but after several tests, they are feeling that I might have a little more of a chance.

I go back tomorrow for a PET scan and then they will decide on what to do about getting rid of the lousy cancer.

Ivan
Boy that sure puts this other trivial stuff in perspective.

Bigbuck, we'll be lifting you in prayer.

Originally Posted by broomd
Boy that sure puts this other trivial stuff in perspective.

Bigbuck, we'll be lifting you in prayer.

Thanks a lot.

I just got home from the PET scan and by it they found a small brain cancer. Good thing is that doctor said they can get rid of it by one shot of radiation. Makes a guy wonder what might be next.
Keep on movin' Ivan.
This gets me to where I'm going.

[Linked Image]

This is where I sleep. Not fancy but it's mobile and keeps me dry!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Keep on movin' Ivan.

Yep, you've prevailed before...get the radiation tune up knocked down and keep movin'!, .....like a rolling stone.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Keep on movin' Ivan.

I'm gonna try hard. That was a low blow today.
A good friend in Colorado battled brain cancer for two years before it got her. I hope I don't have to live like she did.
You sir are in my prayers. You have fought Cancer more than I have but as you know a good attitude goes a long ways.

My Motto has become I had Cancer Cancer never had me.

I wish you all the best Sir.

Enjoy your life. I took my mother in for a CT Scan
and two weeks later she died.
I am definitely going camping this summer.
Prairie dogging is my kind of adventure. I used a Subaru Wagon and a tent for years. Now I sleep in my F150 and a sleeping bag. It is perfect except a bit noisy when it rains on the aluminum topper.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

There has got to be a good story to go with this picture!
Originally Posted by ol_mike

That is on the upper Columbia.
Thanks to all,

I finally am done with the busy season, 28 days in row, a trip to the wife's for a couple of days to catch up on stuff there, a trip to the imaging center today and finally a relaxing evening. And I find a PM about this thread. Thanks for the reminder.

Bigbuck, best of luck with your issues. Friend had hers removed (lemon sized) and lasted 10 years or so. Hang in there. Go camping, have a beer with a friend.

Nice cargo trailer build, PM coming.

Love the old Silver Streak!

Thanks again guys, now that I am going on a 4 on, 2 off schedule I can't wait for that to end so I have real time to get out and about. Depending on the results of the imaging. No telling what they will decide after the radiologists report.

Geno

PS, High country, I just may have to head to that upper Columbia later this year. My job takes me to plenty of the lower river but I haven't seen much of the upper. Thanks for the pics.

I'm a simple camper. Before my health went south, most of my camping was with a back pack. Now I car camp, or kayak camp.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire