Home
Posted By: Fubarski Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
Here we go again: Pennsylvania ballots.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
I'm sure they are in a purely random order.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by Fubarski

[Linked Image]

You poor Trumpsters.

The big bad world is so mean.

Posted By: Chris_EOD Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by kroo88

[Linked Image]

You poor Trumpsters.

Too stupid to see the problem. Life must be rough for you.
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

[Linked Image]

You poor Trumpsters.

Oh please explain it for me.

[Linked Image]

You poor Trumpsters.

What color crayon would you like me to use?

[Linked Image]

You poor Trumpsters.

What color crayon would you like me to use?

Obviously the orangy-combovery toned Trump one
Posted By: 4ager Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
JFC. READ!

If too ignorant to do that, regardless of party or candidate, then voting ought not be allowed.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
The RNC is digging deep into the playbook of dirty "mistakes" in this primary. Why not though they on the verge of irrelevance anyway, might as well burn the ship down too.

Imagine if the RNC put this much effort into defeating obongo?
Posted By: 4ager Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The RNC is digging deep into the playbook of dirty "mistakes" in this primary. Why not though they on the verge of irrelevance anyway, might as well burn the ship down too.

They had no desire or intention of beating Hussein. That much is glaringly obvious.
Posted By: toad Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
ya know, I don't dislike trump and I will vote for him if he is the nomiee. not my first choice, though.

but what I can't stand is the butthurt whiney trumplings crying all the friggin' time...
Originally Posted by toad
ya know, I don't dislike trump and I will vote for him if he is the nomiee. not my first choice, though.

but what I can't stand is the butthurt whiney trumplings crying all the friggin' time...

Yes, this only affects Trump.
affects everybody equally? then what's the problem?

oh, maybe somebody has to research who to vote for?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
They don't even have to announce who they support, so there's no accurate way to research.

And, they're not bound to vote for who they might claim they would vote for, *after* their election.
welcome to a Republic.

Research and remember the names of delegates and who they support when it should be written on the ballot? Why? They already know who they want to vote for, Cruz, Kasich, or Trump. No, this is just more of the RNC manufacturing ballot "mistakes" in their effort to undermine the will of the people.
ya know the butthurt whiney thing I mentioned? there it is again...
welcome to a Republic.

Same old stupid Cruzzie response.

OBTW, it's "representative republic", moron.

Ya vote for a person to "represent" you in another forum.

A "republic" is a country, just so you don't hafta look so idiotic in the future.

And if you think having to vote blindly for a name on a list is reflecting the will of the voter, you're automatically eligible for the head transplant in the other thread.
we are a Constitutional Republic.

but way to polish the whine
ya know the butthurt whiney thing I mentioned? there it is again...

Pointing out problems is whining now?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.

Welcome to the club, I guess.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

They had no desire or intention of beating Hussein. That much is glaringly obvious.

Yeah I know. They didn't care...obongo, Romney, McCain...any of those bozos were fine with the RNC. In fact Obamas win guaranteed and consolidated power for the GOPe. They preferred him but would have been just as content with one of the other bozos.
it's a Constitutional Republic.

Even more stupid than the last post, Choad.

And I didn't think it possible.

Butthurt Cruzzie tries a *big* word = fail, as always.

CR refers to the organization of the republic, i.e., a republic organized under a constitution.

Has nothin to do with votin.

Representative republic describes the process whereby representatives of the people are selected.
OBTW, the Cruzer lost.

Always remember that.
and now you are getting it.

Research and remember the names of delegates and who they support when it should be written on the ballot? Why? They already know who they want to vote for, Cruz, Kasich, or Trump. No, this is just more of the RNC manufacturing ballot "mistakes" in their effort to undermine the will of the people.

Dumba**, the candidates reps handed out delegate lists at the frickin door.

This did include the Trump for-the-handicapped camp.

and now you are getting it.

We can agree that you are a moron.

So, I guess I get it.

that's too complicated...
it's a Constitutional Republic.

Even more stupid than the last post, Choad.

And I didn't think it possible.

Butthurt Cruzzie tries a *big* word = fail, as always.

CR refers to the organization of the republic, i.e., a republic organized under a constitution.

Has nothin to do with votin.

Representative republic describes the process whereby representatives of the people are selected.

Please explain what the current (R)Primary system is modeled after?
Do your own homework, a$$hole.

When you're done, try again.

Oh, that's right, just like The Left, you brain-wizard Trumpsters want to legislate for the helpless.

Oh, that's right, just like The Left, you brain-wizard Trumpsters want to legislate for the helpless.

Don't believe in welfare for the lazy.

Nor the stupid. YOYO
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
This was the fist time I understood what was going on with the delegates. In the past I thought I was electing the people that went to the primary and represented the voters wishes. Who the delegates represented has never been on the GOP ballot. This time, I knew which ones I wanted.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
I don't care who you back, that ballot is a sleazy damn trick. When this business started, I was pulling for Cruz. But lately, he's been playing a willing patsy for the establishment GOP to force a brokered convention. If he's anti-establishment as he says, he ought to be smart enough to know they'll never pick him.
The establishment GOP is in the bag just as bad as the Democrats. First McCain, then Romney. Neither was ever meant to win, but assure a win for Globalist owned Barry. That's why they'll run Kasich, Ryan, or maybe even Romney this time around. Someone who can assure Globalist owned HilLIARy carrying on with the plan to eliminate US sovereignty.
Go Trump!
7mm
Dillon, you're the man in the arena.

Were you able to figure out which persons on the ballot were going to vote for the primary candidate you prefer?

If so, how did you do it?
Posted By: tddeangelo Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
I voted, and I'm in PA. They had the ballots on display to view while waiting in line, which was substantial. I waited 30-40 minutes, and I live in the middle of a bunch of dairy farms, for the most part.

I saw that the delegates didn't have anything on the ballot as to whom they'd endorsed or pledged to support. I pulled out my iPhone and had that info in about 30 seconds. I kept it on the screen. Walked to the booth, looked at the screen, voted for names that were listed as supporting the candidate of my choice. I had my 13 yr old daughter with me, too, so she got a front row seat to the process.

It really wasn't complicated.

Now, I can see some being confused by this, as I don't ever recall seeing this on a primary ballot in the past, so I'm sure people showed up unprepared to select delegates by name.

There were no candidate representatives anywhere to be seen, and nothing was given to link any delegate to any candidate. I had to find that on my own, but it was not a very difficult task.

Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by tddeangelo

Now, I can see some being confused by this, as I don't ever recall seeing this on a primary ballot in the past, so I'm sure people showed up unprepared to select delegates by name.

There were no candidate representatives anywhere to be seen, and nothing was given to link any delegate to any candidate. I had to find that on my own, but it was not a very difficult task.

We expect people to show up to vote with their smartphones so they can research the web to figure out who the hell they're actually voting for instead of actually printing it on the ballot, and that's OK.

However, expecting a person to show up to vote with some form of ID is an insurmountable burden that'll destroy democracy as we know it.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

We expect people to show up to vote with their smartphones so they can research the web to figure out who the hell they're actually voting for instead of actually printing it on the ballot, and that's OK.

However, expecting a person to show up to vote with some form of ID is an insurmountable burden that'll destroy democracy as we know it.

This guy gets it. Hell, even the Democrats managed it.

I voted, and I'm in PA.

There were no candidate representatives anywhere to be seen, and nothing was given to link any delegate to any candidate.

You were saying something before your foot entered your mouth Kroo?
I voted, and I'm in PA. They had the ballots on display to view while waiting in line, which was substantial. I waited 30-40 minutes, and I live in the middle of a bunch of dairy farms, for the most part.

I saw that the delegates didn't have anything on the ballot as to whom they'd endorsed or pledged to support. I pulled out my iPhone and had that info in about 30 seconds. I kept it on the screen. Walked to the booth, looked at the screen, voted for names that were listed as supporting the candidate of my choice. I had my 13 yr old daughter with me, too, so she got a front row seat to the process.

It really wasn't complicated.

No wonder you had a long wait in farm country. Everyone had to get on the Internet in order to choose. Great system.
Posted By: add Re: Pennsylvania - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I don't care who you back, that ballot is a sleazy damn trick.

Nut shell.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Pennsylvania - 04/27/16
I had been getting robo-calls about which delegates to vote for. So that tipped me off about the need to figure out which ones I wanted. A little Internet research showed which I wanted. There was a fellow who came out of the booth in front of me and offered those wanting a list of the delegates and who they supported, not sure if that was allowed, no one said anything to him. Also fairly rural here, I was number 327 at 6 pm and had to wait, it seemed like a big turn out for a primary. As for smart phones, I don't have one and was too dumb to known it was needed wink
Posted By: TheOldTree Re: Pennsylvania - 04/27/16
Voting needs to get online, it is about the last thing to get there.
Posted By: tddeangelo Re: Pennsylvania - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I had been getting robo-calls about which delegates to vote for. So that tipped me off about the need to figure out which ones I wanted. A little Internet research showed which I wanted. There was a fellow who came out of the booth in front of me and offered those wanting a list of the delegates and who they supported, not sure if that was allowed, no one said anything to him. Also fairly rural here, I was number 327 at 6 pm and had to wait, it seemed like a big turn out for a primary. As for smart phones, I don't have one and was too dumb to known it was needed wink

Yeah, I probably would have been more aware if I listened to all the robocalls, but I hang up on them immediately. With call ID, if I don't know the number I don't even pick it up. If the caller is an actual human, they can leave me a voicemail and I'll call them back. I think I actually NEED to call someone back about 1% of the time on my home phone (I use my cell for the majority of my phone usage). I would guess in a normal week I get maybe 10 calls, if that, to my land line, and usually none are anything but robocalling asking me to refinance a student loan I never had, get new car insurance, or telling me I've won a Disney vacation in a contest I never entered. Boy, that Do Not Call list is working out great.....

So I could have been better prepared, for sure, but it wasn't impossible to figure out. If they hadn't put the printed ballots out for us to look at prior to going into the booth, I would have been caught unaware, however. And that's on me for not knowing.

On the other hand, I may simply not be remembering things right, since usually the PA primary doesn't mean much (being comparatively late int the spring, usually things are pretty well wrapped well before we vote)......but I don't ever recall voting for delegates in the past. But I may just not be remembering it right.

I arrived at the township building around 5:30, voted well after 6, and I was number 503. And there were a lot behind me.....first time I've seen the line out the door for a primary.

Posted By: tddeangelo Re: Pennsylvania - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

No argument there... I had my license out, no one cared. For all the 95 yr old woman who signed me in would know, I could have been from Florida. All I had to do was give a name that's on their rolls (and all property owners' names are conveniently available on tax mapping data on the web) and sign on the proper line and off I went to vote.
© 24hourcampfire