Home

Oh baby, head's are gonna explode. The next several months are going to be fun to watch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...tary-homeland-security-article-1.2625261
Where's Greenspan? Irrational exuberance, comes to mind.
Good move. Rudy has been working security matters internationally for more than 10 years. Better than a Harvard Professor of multiculturalism appointed to trumpet diveristy in the Administration.
I thought I heard people say trump wasn't part of the "establishment"??? Rudy??? Really???
Just returning a few business favors.

Doesn't mean its a bad decision?
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a better choice than the current, but why not the cream of the crop??? Somebody with actual first hand experience at neutralizing terrorist threats? Proactive vs. reactive?
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a better choice than the current, but why not the cream of the crop??? Somebody with actual first hand experience at neutralizing terrorist threats? Proactive vs. reactive?

Now were back to the business favors...
I thought I heard people say trump wasn't part of the "establishment"??? Rudy??? Really???

Would Anthony Weiner be a better choice?
Originally Posted by Raeford

Why would you suggest that? A trump style insult? Maybe a former special operations commander instead of a political figurehead? A former spec op guy might also raise the bar on recruiting & training prospective employees...
Perhaps Col. Troutman.

Clark
Originally Posted by deflave
Perhaps Col. Troutman.

Clark

I have no doubt you be a firm supporter...
Originally Posted by RWE

You do know that DHS ain't all about neutralizing terrorists, right?
Solid choice, imo.
Originally Posted by RWE

Different position than what you're talking about. A War fighter as you describe isn't what is needed for head of DHS. DHS chief has to manage an enormous agency, deal with a multitude of other agencies at federal, state, and local levels; deal with Congress; and somehow still manage to be effective in defense of the nation without tripping over his dick.

Find someone more qualified than Guiliani.

BTW - Guiliani as DHS chief just smacked Hitlery in the kisser re: NYS. Rudy as part of Trump's Cabinet, and in charge of DHS, opens up the "Bill and Hitlery didn't take out UBL; I was there for the aftermath" line of attack, and it puts NYS/NYC/NJ closer to being in play.
As far as neutralizing terrorist threats, there are scores of generals that have resigned under Ă˜bama.

I can think of a few I would like to see back in business....
Better idea.

Remove the entire agency. Remove the FBI from under DOJ and let it do the work.

Privatize TSA as well.
Agreed.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Why would you suggest that? A trump style insult? Maybe a former special operations commander instead of a political figurehead? A former spec op guy might also raise the bar on recruiting & training prospective employees...

I try to not post 'where i haven't a clue'. whistle
Nailed it hard to pick anyone better qualified and Rudy is very well liked can't hurt in pulling some votes away from the Dems.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RWE

Different position than what you're talking about. A War fighter as you describe isn't what is needed for head of DHS. DHS chief has to manage an enormous agency, deal with a multitude of other agencies at federal, state, and local levels; deal with Congress; and somehow still manage to be effective in defense of the nation without tripping over his dick.

Find someone more qualified than Guiliani.

BTW - Guiliani as DHS chief just smacked Hitlery in the kisser re: NYS. Rudy as part of Trump's Cabinet, and in charge of DHS, opens up the "Bill and Hitlery didn't take out UBL; I was there for the aftermath" line of attack, and it puts NYS/NYC/NJ closer to being in play.
That would be a great pick, and restore some decency to actual homeland security.
I thought Rudy for Attorney General, rather the HS.
© 24hourcampfire