Home
Ok we went from Baton Rouge to Disney, when we got in Florida there a high fence on both sides of I10, is the deer and pigs that bad?, what are they trying to block? it goes for about 150 miles. just wondering...
Is it the noise barrier type? Seems like that is what I remember??
Muslim wall?
So, is it cinder block, brick, wire , what?
Hogs/bears/gators/deer/+ , just changed out SD memory cards at my hunting lease brought it home to view on the laptop.
Several pictures of a huge black bear I don't know enough about them to guess weight but I've seen pictures of a true 325 lb. boar hog they I had lots of pictures of and a guy on the next spot over killed it. This bear is WAY bigger than that hog !
There are fences on many of the highways around here -Hwy.85/285 etc. common around here.

Sometimes I wish we had those fences around here.

[Linked Image]
ok well its a pretty good fence, at least 8 feet tall, made of treated 4x4 and what looks like 3 inch hog wire and it's well constructed and you can see the lane next to it for up keep and it runs at least 150 maybe 300 miles long, talk about some up keep there...
I would bet that's a wildlife fence and there are underpasses and other whatnot at the creek crossings. Also some select breaches in the fence that encourage animals OFF the right of way but not ON the ROW.
it's something to see, cause for me it's like " who's keeping this Chit up" and at what cost? and to keep what off the hwy??
Dave's got it. There be a lot of deer, hogs and a few drunks they want to keep off the interstate.
Game fence for hogs and deer, and maybe panthers
Oh hell that's nothing. The big boys here in TX use 6x6 concrete posts.
Did Mexico pay for it ?
I saw that fence, running down I 10 in the big rig several years ago and wondered the same thing.
I figured it must be to keep deer and hogs out. Seemed like a pretty good idea.
Because there is a voluptuous teenage girl nudist colony on the other side.
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
Ok we went from Baton Rouge to Disney, when we got in Florida there a high fence on both sides of I10, is the deer and pigs that bad?, what are they trying to block? it goes for about 150 miles. just wondering...

The fence helps keep Floridians in Florida! They keep tying to escape to the north.
© 24hourcampfire