Home
Is there anything that will make this site useable?
firefox and ad block.
Here's the Adblock version for Edge. I don't use Edge so I can't say how well it works. If my experience with Chrome and firefox is any indication, it will work very well.

https://adblockplus.org/en/edge
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Chrome and Adblock.. Plus, dump W-10 and install W-7..

You'll be mucho happier..
Firefox and AdBlock. Works perfectly.
I know Adfender really screwed up my puter
I used AdBlock and Win 10 and have no problems, or ads with this or any other site.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Chrome and Adblock.. Plus, dump W-10 and install W-7..

You'll be mucho happier..

Guess you dont keep up on windows too much, they have been integrating win 10 into win 7 for about a year and a half. There is basically no diffrence anymore unless you turn off all security and functionality updates. Been running 10 for awhile, but still have the full functionality and controls that I had in 7. Imagine that 7 & 8 will be killed off in the next 2 years if not sooner.
Mac and Firefox and Adblock = smoothsailing.

SCREW Windows!
This whole site is super fugged now thought yesterday was bad today is no better has to be something that can be done??????????????
Mohick, have you tried any of the above suggestions?
Originally Posted by Brazos
Mohick, have you tried any of the above suggestions?

Of course not.
Originally Posted by mohick
This whole site is super fugged now thought yesterday was bad today is no better has to be something that can be done??????????????

Nothing wrong on my computer and it has been this way for almost 16 years.
The entire internet is fuucked.
Up.

What would be nice is more pop-up ads.

Would that be too much to ask?
Send me a bill, I will gladly pay for something that actually woks.
My vag feels better now, done whing.
Whining
Firefox with free Adblock. Have never seen an ad on this site or any other. And it's all free.
Sam......simply install Chrome and adblocker.....my new lap top with W 10 works fine with nothing else done to it....took about five minutes total and believe me...if I can do it...anyone can....

Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Firefox with free Adblock. Have never seen an ad on this site or any other. And it's all free.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This! Works like a charm, no ads anywhere.

Hey Ed m why don;t you pray for somemore $4.00 gas so the gouging thieving S O B's can suck some more life out of the economy ???????? G F U
Hey Ed m why don;t you pray for somemore $4.00 gas so the gouging thieving S O B's can suck some more life out of the economy ???????? G F U

Instead of just running your mouth why don't you just try the suggestions that have been offered. I have been here a few more weeks than you AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. The solutions are simple, quick and easy to those how read and follow them.
Yep, tried it all. Have the I T guy that builds my computers working now on monitoring this site to see what is going on, also my internet provider, going to see why this site uses so much bandwidth. Running with/without ad blocks and so on should know something in a couple days. results to follow!!!!!!!
Yep, tried it all. Have the I T guy that builds my computers working now on monitoring this site to see what is going on, also my internet provider, going to see why this site uses so much bandwidth. Running with/without ad blocks and so on should know something in a couple days. results to follow!!!!!!!

I know I'll be on the edge of my seat...

Well you just go ahead and try to figure it out.I have been running Win 10 since it came available.
First thing I did is dump the edge browser due to the fact it WILL NOT ALLOW EXTENSIONS such as adblock plus. Simple cure was to install Internet Explorer and ad block plus again. Works like a champ. I have absolutely no problems on this site or any other.
So waste your time and money when all you have to do is install the browser of your choice, make it the default browser in the settings menu, and install ad block.
Easy peasy.

I think you need to find another IT guy. The problem is with your computer not this website.
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Well you just go ahead and try to figure it out.I have been running Win 10 since it came available.
First thing I did is dump the edge browser due to the fact it WILL NOT ALLOW EXTENSIONS such as adblock plus. Simple cure was to install Internet Explorer and ad block plus again. Works like a champ. I have absolutely no problems on this site or any other.
So waste your time and money when all you have to do is install the browser of your choice, make it the default browser in the settings menu, and install ad block.
Easy peasy.

I guarantee you Modick didn't try any of the suggestions.....he's just talking his usual chit....ignore him....

Everyone needs to read Swiftys post but they won't so we'll all meet here the same time next week and hash this tired old subject out....again...see ya then...

laugh yup. Same time, same station next week. grin
I've also found that "uBlock Origin" works as a good ad blocker, and knocks down some level of other invasive tracking too.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I've also found that "uBlock Origin" works as a good ad blocker, and knocks down some level of other invasive tracking too.

I've found it to work even better than AdBlock on my phone so I'm running it on my desktop too.
© 24hourcampfire