Home
Posted By: ltppowell Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
I know you real men are doing it. smile
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Not going fishing,instead taking my .300 and .375 H&H out this afternoon.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
haven't had a chance to go, been busy working. boat is getting rewired should be done soon. My buddy Geoff got a new to him offshore boat so when he's not running tournaments we should get some offshore fishing in.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Had a big red eared mud slider crawl up in the yard this morning. Called the grandkids up. They like turtles to monkey with. Last I saw they was down in the bottom. Told em to keep fingers away from the front end and the rest of their body away from the peeing end! laugh
Posted By: EdM Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
In about two weeks I will be heading north for the summer. Always plenty of fishing up there.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Well, we caught 80 quarts of big blue crabs Wednesday, a bunch of speckled trout and flounder on Thursday and some redfish in the surf yesterday. Kinda glad it's raining today so my sunburn can rest.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Dang. I doing yard work. But if I find any night crawlers I will tell myself that yardwork is fishing prep.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
I did it last weekend. Caught some Kokanee salmon.

I'm going again next weekend. We can talk more after that. Might even have some photos.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
You got your priorities all wrong Tracy! I've had 14 yards of dirt on the front lawn getting rained on for two weeks...
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
elk, is there any water to fish in near your area.. Looked very dry to me..
Posted By: fish head Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
On June 9th I will officially be homeless (I sold my house) for the second time in my life.

I'm going to spend two months living on the street.

Well ...

Not exactly on the street but on the highways and in the forests and in campgrounds living in my tent.

I'M GOING FISHING IN THE WESTERN UNITED STATES FOR TWO MONTHS !!!

smile smile smile

BTW, I'm a real man that don't need no house to live in.

Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You got your priorities all wrong Tracy! I've had 14 yards of dirt on the front lawn getting rained on for two weeks...

I'm starting to grow those external gills like a water dog has down here! laugh
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
elk, is there any water to fish in near your area.. Looked very dry to me..
The Rio Grande is about a mile away. The nearest lake is Caballo,which is about 45 minutes away and Elephant Butte is an hour away.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
My wife watched one too many home improvement shows. The word "dated" is bad news if you've lived in the same house for 25 years. They're starting tomorrow on gutting and redoing the bathrooms. Nothing wrong with them but they're "dated". Not all bad. We're leaving tomorrow for a cabin in the mountains in an area with a lot of lakes. The boat is hitched.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
If I had the ocean as close as you do Pat, I would of been fishing too.

So instead me and my young son who came out, with the grandkids, were fishing in the bathrooms, 3 new faucets and one new commode installed.
All day job for us. Trips to the store take time.

Will do my fishing this summer in SW Colorado. That and the ocean are where to fish.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Haven't made it out on the lakes yet but I have been catching and releasing some catfish in the nearby river.

I'm thinking of keeping some and smoking them.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
The Walleyes are really starting to bite on Erie.

A lot of my friends are boxing out in a couple of hours with 2 to 6# fish.

We limited out in 2.5 hours, 12 nice fish (this cooler is 30" long inside)...
When the summer bite starts (late June, early July) we get quite a few fish that you have to bend to get in that cooler (up to 32+", 10 to 13#) !

[Linked Image]

We don't fish the weekends, (to much "Combat Fishing") will be back out Monday night...
FWIW ...

Here's my completely remodeled and updated soon to be former home ...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's my new home for the next couple of months ...

[Linked Image]

What do ya think?

Was it a good swap?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Absolutely!

I haven't done much fishing this year. Went out for halibut a couple weeks ago. Put one small butt in the boat and got blown off the water.

Ling is still open. Might try to get out mid week.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Well, we caught 80 quarts of big blue crabs Wednesday, a bunch of speckled trout and flounder on Thursday and some redfish in the surf yesterday. Kinda glad it's raining today so my sunburn can rest.

I love blue crab. Everybody squeals about Dungeness crab out here, and they are great, but nothing like a big azz blue crab boil and cold beer!
Posted By: wageslave Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by fish head
FWIW ...

What do ya think?

Was it a good swap?

Looks good fish head. Good luck on the homeless part.
Free soup, shower and shave.....at a Salvation Army near you.

I haven't even thought about fishin' lately.

The start.

[Linked Image]

Demo man.

[Linked Image]

Going the other way...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by fish head
FWIW ...

What do ya think?

Was it a good swap?

Looks good fish head. Good luck on the homeless part.
Free soup, shower and shave.....at a Salvation Army near you.

I haven't even thought about fishin' lately.

The start.

[Linked Image]

Demo man.

[Linked Image]

Going the other way...

[Linked Image]

I love the dog pic and Have dog ... Will Travel

Here's my boy and me over a year ago when I first started my project. I sanded, primed, and painted ALL the woodwork in my house that I didn't have to replace. It was by far the most tedious and time consuming task that I did. It took eight gallons of paint and a lot of it was applied by brush.

[Linked Image]

Is there a Salvation Army near you? smile
Yes.
They bought a former Catholic Church and School facility.
It is very nice.
Come on out........
Bring the dog and paintbrush.
NO

NO MORE PAINTING !!!

I'm done and I'm going fishing. grin
I hate you.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
I have near to 300 pieces of sheet rock to hang ...fish are safe for a while... crazy
Posted By: Stan V Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Been busting bass for months. Flying to Minnesota to school liberals on catching walleye and why they should support Trump, like real men😄
Posted By: ingwe Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16

Not yet...creeks are high and muddy here...but soon.....
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Talk fishing later - I'm going fishing!
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
There's too much powder that needs burning to fish!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by ingwe

Adapt and Overcome.

Catfish! grin
Posted By: billy336 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
We had a great early dolphin run. Some real nice fish were caught in late April. I finally made it out on 5/13, released a sailfish and caught 8 keeper sized dolphin. Put 3 on ice for tacos. The big run is coming soon, and I am more than ready for it. Live bait has been easy for the most part, need the weather to become more consistent.
Originally Posted by ingwe

Seek and ye shall find waters to cast upon.

hint: Go low and South.

You could also ask the Nun for guidance. grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
I'll see what she has to say..... whistle
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16

I was busy yesterday, but the wife went without me anyway and caught 11 Rainbows, and 3 were over two pounds each.

Looks to be a good season early.
Posted By: ribka Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Last weekend EOregon

Filled up a few coolers with crappies sm sm bass perch

[Linked Image]
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Headed to Saginaw Bay tomorrow to lay the smack down on some great eating Walleye!
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16

Filet & Release.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by Stan V
Been busting bass for months. Flying to Minnesota to school liberals on catching walleye and why they should support Trump, like real men😄
Stan-look me up-I need all the help I can get with catching walleyes. Bass come easy, but these friggin' walleyes give me fits.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Took the boy out on SF bay for some sharkin last weekend. Had a blast till the wind and chop started making him a little queasy... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Pugs Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by ribka
Last weekend EOregon

Filled up a few coolers with crappies sm sm bass perch

[Linked Image]

That's a cooler full of good eats! Catching a few trout and hopefully next weekend the crappie and perch bite will still be on in WV when we get out to the camp.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16

Friends ask me to go with them yesterday afternoon on the river.

I was sitting in the shade with TIger in shorts and a T.... trying to stay away from the sun.

Told em I'd be back in a bit.. went into the trailer and came out with long pants, long sleeve shirt, wide brim hat with bandana for my neck, fishing gloves, and a life vest on. They were laughing.

I ahve no sunburn todya. But then it only takes me about 10 minutes or less to burn...
Posted By: rost495 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

I was busy yesterday, but the wife went without me anyway and caught 11 Rainbows, and 3 were over two pounds each.

Looks to be a good season early.

11 mile?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Whats fishing?
It's a jerk on one end of the line waiting for another jerk on the other end of the line. grin
Posted By: Aqualung Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Boats ready for my annual trip up into Ontario the end of June.

One of the big pigs from a previous year's trip (the fish, not me smile ):
[Linked Image]

Aqualung
Shouldn't you be on one leg?

Nice fish.
Posted By: kendibs Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Haven't wet a line yet. Been abnormally cool up here for the past month which affects the fluke (summer flounder) bite. May give it a shot this week or next depending upon the water temps.

-Ken

Posted By: cra1948 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Wife and I are spending the week on Hatteras Island. Nothing else to do here...I like that. No kids, no dogs, no cats....just the two of us in a great beach house...yeah, I'll get down to the surf once in a while...maybe tie into some blues or drum or....who knows what.
Posted By: Aqualung Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by wageslave
Shouldn't you be on one leg?

Nice fish.

Just for you, if I get another lunker, I'll strike the "One-Legged Flautist" pose for you
smile

Aqualung
Posted By: hatari Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16

Snook in Boca Grande! Good fighting and the best eating.
Originally Posted by hatari

Snook in Boca Grande! Good fighting and the best eating.

That sounds snookem ... or is it skookem?

Whatever.

I like good eats. smile

Posted By: Calhoun Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Crappie are about to take off here locally if we can avoid any huge storms tomorrow night. Been catching some very nice bass off and on. Took my neighbor out a couple times in the last month, great guy who's been doing the chemo thing all winter. Caught himself a 20" largemouth, biggest he's ever caught. That fish meant a lot to me at least.

This was one just a tad under 20", caught a 21" about 15 minutes later. Love largemouth fishing.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/22/16
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Crappie are about to take off here locally if we can avoid any huge storms tomorrow night. Been catching some very nice bass off and on. Took my neighbor out a couple times in the last month, great guy who's been doing the chemo thing all winter. Caught himself a 20" largemouth, biggest he's ever caught. That fish meant a lot to me at least.

This was one just a tad under 20", caught a 21" about 15 minutes later. Love largemouth fishing.
[Linked Image]

Now that is what I would consider a nice bass. A "big pig" if you will...
Posted By: shaman Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
Five years ago on Memorial Day Weekend, Team Moose announced that the family was going to be extended into the next generation. That day, I drove to Falmouth and bought a bucket of bluegill and largemouth bass to stock the pond nearest the house. I dedicated the pond to the anticipation of her arrival. Mooselette showed up on schedule the next February.
[Linked Image]

On Saturday, 4 year old Mooselette came out to the farm. It was rainy and blustery , but my granddaughter managed to snag her first fish with the help of her grandfather.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by shaman
Five years ago on Memorial Day Weekend, Team Moose announced that the family was going to be extended into the next generation. That day, I drove to Falmouth and bought a bucket of bluegill and largemouth bass to stock the pond nearest the house. I dedicated the pond to the anticipation of her arrival. Mooselette showed up on schedule the next February.
[Linked Image]

On Saturday, 4 year old Mooselette came out to the farm. It was rainy and blustery , but my granddaughter managed to snag her first fish with the help of her grandfather.

great pic and story ,, thanks grampa grin

norm
Posted By: KuiLei Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by shaman
[Linked Image]

Great pic! And good job!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
I just spent a week at Lake Powell and managed to land five species: crappie, smallmouth, stripers, walleye, and - on the last cast of the last day - a four to five-pound largemouth. No pics because my camera had apparently gotten wet at some point and went belly up.

Going out this afternoon locally for some crappie. I hope. Weather has been so cool and wet this year that the spawn is unpredictable.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I have near to 300 pieces of sheet rock to hang ...fish are safe for a while... crazy

Hope you didn't buy a bunch of 4X8 sheets. 12,14 & 16 footers are the way to do it.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
think i'm going to take the kayaks to the lease on lake falcon this weekend, run trot lines and look for spots to build duck blinds.
Posted By: davet Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
157 crappie so far on the year, and many bluegill and shell crackers. I took my two daughters on Saturday to the local lake with a tube of crickets for the bluegill spawn. They had a good time and told me yesterday we were going to the lake again since there were left over crickets...so that's what we did.

I'm actually behind schedule on the crappie, I try to put up around 250 every year, and a few bags of bluegill too.
Posted By: ST50 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
I've caught a bunch of channel cats in the North Platte. Biggest was 15lbs, a 12, couple of 11's, etc right on down to 5lb. Only 2 smaller than that. Dang river is flooding so bad again it's a real pain. Kinda dangerous too.
Posted By: NeBassman Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Nice Bass!

The crappie have been going for a least three weeks now, folks have been hauling bucket loads of 9-10" crappie out of Wanahoo, slightly larger ones out of Branched Oak.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/24/16
Pulled a two man limit of 16 Walleye on Saginaw Bay yesterday! Good times!
Posted By: billy336 Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/24/16
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This thread needs bigger fish. Sailfish caught here, kingfish and Nassau grouper out of Cherokee Sound, Abaco,, Bahamas. King went 74 lbs
Posted By: ronc Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/24/16
Me and the nephew got it done yesterday.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Let's Talk Fishing - 05/24/16
Nice!
© 24hourcampfire